Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, February 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 5 2013, 10:10 AM (6,635 Views)
Laufeyson
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Feb 5 2013, 01:45 PM
Describing their past as "troubled" is how Sami responds to Brady's mention of E.J. putting a Rafe imposter in her bed. LOL!

"You're more selfish than I am." - Sami to Brady
Zing! That's pretty much the worst thing she can say to anyone, ever. How you like them apples, Brady?
Let me just say I love your avi, I seriously love this woman.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 5 2013, 01:54 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, since i haven't been watching & just reading summaries, but didn't Sami say that she didn't care about her family's approval, or was tired about doing what her family wanted, or something along those lines? So why is she now wanting to keep her relationship with EJ a secret for fear of backlash? Shouldn't she be making a "i don't care whether you want me with Rafe, i want to be with EJ" statement to them & flaunt it in their face?
I see what you mean, but maybe it's Opposite Day in Salem and Sami actually cares about her mother's feelings and doesn't want to her to have a stroke given everything that's going on with John/Kristen/Brady right now...?

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Double post.
Edited by Laufeyson, Feb 5 2013, 02:00 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This explains a lot.

today's show was directed by Grant A. Johnson from a script written by Richard Culliton.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Feb 5 2013, 01:58 PM
JessicaLeigh
Feb 5 2013, 01:45 PM
Describing their past as "troubled" is how Sami responds to Brady's mention of E.J. putting a Rafe imposter in her bed. LOL!

"You're more selfish than I am." - Sami to Brady
Zing! That's pretty much the worst thing she can say to anyone, ever. How you like them apples, Brady?
Let me just say I love your avi, I seriously love this woman.
Thank you! I wish I could take credit for it. The Tumblr I get my avatars from is pretty great and is updated regularly. I wouldn't be surprised if the person behind it ships EJami given the wealth of EJami gifs over there, but no one can be perfect all the time. :P ;)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I really like how today's show actually seemed structured like 2 half hours. Nearly everyone got shuffled around at the mid point & the storylines/characters from the 1st half crossed over at the mid point --- then came back together or got shuffled again right at the end. IMO, that was a really good breakdown today.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 5 2013, 02:04 PM
I really like how today's show actually seemed structured like 2 half hours. Nearly everyone got shuffled around at the mid point & the storylines/characters from the 1st half crossed over at the mid point --- then came back together or got shuffled again right at the end. IMO, that was a really good breakdown today.
Co-sign this. It seemed that way to me too. When they get it right, they get it right.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

JessicaLeigh
Feb 5 2013, 01:59 PM
Supergirlx2
correct me if i'm wrong, since i haven't been watching & just reading summaries, but didn't Sami say that she didn't care about her family's approval, or was tired about doing what her family wanted, or something along those lines? So why is she now wanting to keep her relationship with EJ a secret for fear of backlash? Shouldn't she be making a "i don't care whether you want me with Rafe, i want to be with EJ" statement to them & flaunt it in their face?
I see what you mean, but maybe it's Opposite Day in Salem and Sami actually cares about her mother's feelings and doesn't want to her to have a stroke given everything that's going on with John/Kristen/Brady right now...?
your describing it as "Opposite Day" adds more value to those saying that the EJami scenes from the last few days were a "fanwanking" where TPTB just basically gave the EJami fans what they had been wanting for years, even though it doesn't make sense given their history. And now that it's the next day, we're back to stuff that makes more sense. Sami knows her family will never approve of her being with EJ, so she wants to keep it a secret. we've also got Kristen telling EJ that she's happy that he got what he wanted (or however that scene played out. that's the interpretation i read), which makes it sound like EJ played Sami after the Nick/Gabi wedding blow-up and manipulated her into getting back together with him. Which kinda makes sense, since Sami's been known to run to EJ when things went south with either Rafe or Lucas, even though she knows the relationship always ends because she finds out EJ was manipulating someone she loves, or manipulating the situation, or whatever the case may be.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

By any chance do anyone care if Abby's a virgin or not cause i am not finding a fuck to give
Edited by Ilovecandy, Feb 5 2013, 02:23 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Ilovecandy
Feb 5 2013, 02:09 PM
By any chance do anyone care if Gabi's a virgin or not cause i am not finding a fuck to give
Umm . . . Gabi's pregnant, so I think it's safe to say she's not a virgin. Unless she's THE virgin which I highly doubt given we've seen her have sex with both Will and Nick.

cord08

Ilovecandy
By any chance do anyone care if Gabi's a virgin or not cause i am not finding a fuck to give
Well, Gabi's certainly no virgin. LOL. But, yeah, this Abby story isn't really working for me either.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ilovecandy
Lol, I presume you mean Abby, not the knocked up girl.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Supergirlx2
Yeah, this shit makes no sense...but then Sami has made sense very infrequently in the last few years. What I have to laugh at is that it was Sami's idea to keep it a secret, Ej agrees and then they BOTH go off and tell their families about it.....

peaches179

Well, it didn't take long for me to lose interest in Kristen.

AFaithL

peaches179
Feb 5 2013, 02:21 PM
Ditto. I am so bored with her now. She needs to either be exposed or needs a character overhaul. This leaving Brady at the altar shit is childish and annoying. Brady deserves better than that.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

peaches179
Feb 5 2013, 02:21 PM
I'm not so cynical. There is still so much they can do with her. I am enjoying her a lot, but one thing that is getting old are her sparring matches with Marlena. With maybe one or two exceptions, Marlena has consistently come away from them looking like a battered, intimidated loser. Right now Kristen seems to be made of Teflon. Since it's inevitable, I'm awaiting the time when that's no longer the case and whatever happens afterward. I just hope they don't put her on an Ian-like trajectory, making her seem all-powerful only to send her packing when her schemes come unraveled. The character and the actress deserve better. I don't think it's a stretch to say that she's had a lot to do with the show's recent turnaround, assuming one subscribes to the idea that there HAS been a turnaround.

AFaithL

Watching live....

I don't care how many flowers Cam brings Abby, she still has better chemisty with Chad.

EJ's "I just had sex" hair cracked me up.

WTF was Kristen wearing today with EJ?

AFaithL

Damn, this episode is sllllllooooooooooowww.

Brady v Sami? Team Brady all the way.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Really liked the Brady / Sami confrontation. Yes Sami, Brady is delusional but you, my dear, are the Queen of Delusion. Can't wake until this latest fling of hers implodes ... and it will because Sami is never happy with one man for very long. She always wants what she perceives she can't have.

Favourite part of the show for me is watching Blake Berris. Nick is just so tightly wound, it's going to be fun watching him unravel.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 5 2013, 02:47 PM
Brady v Sami? Team Brady all the way.
Without a doubt.

Brady is deserving of ire far too often, but there's still something fundamentally likable about him. Or maybe there's just something fundamentally likable about Eric Martsolf? (I think it's Martsolf.)

I did kind of like the way they ended the Brady/Sami exchange today, despite myself. It was clear the family love was still there, despite their bullshit. That was...well, nice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply