Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Smash: Season 2
Topic Started: Feb 5 2013, 04:55 PM (1,446 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Cannot wait.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I hope this season is better then what last year's ended up being at the end because I like the people in the show.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

If anyone has a little time, this is a great article about what went wrong last season...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/how-smash-became-tvs-biggest-train-wreck

Kenny
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Feb 5 2013, 05:11 PM
I hope this season is better then what last year's ended up being at the end because I like the people in the show.
I think it will be better. There's a new showrunner and most of the characters who didn't work last season have been cut. I just hope they don't have too much going on with the new musical being introduced.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Actor87
Feb 5 2013, 05:20 PM
If anyone has a little time, this is a great article about what went wrong last season...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/how-smash-became-tvs-biggest-train-wreck

I read that the other day. Very interesting, especially the part about Steven Spielberg wanting to recast Ivy. As much as I loathe her character, Megan Hilty is the best thing about this show!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Interesting article about season 1. But still going into this season not really sure if it is going to keep my interest. Seems like more focus on Karen and didn't like that character at all.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ivy,you slept with boyfriend/fiancÚ,if it were me I would be snippy to you too.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Jack Davenport is so cute... :wub2:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Derek,Derek,Derek.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Seriously NBC,u premiere the show,now it's not back for another few weeks,what sense does that make?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Well that sucks monkey balls they have a season premiere and then make us wait 2 weeks for the next episode. I guess that's why this one was two hours long instead of one. They did the same thing with SVU when it premiered last year. :shrug:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I hate it when networks to that,Hey networks,FANS HATE THAT.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Feb 5 2013, 11:17 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I thought it was a decent premiere. It set things up nicely, although I'm not sure what Jennifer Hudson's purpose is on this show. Her character kind of came out of nowhere and I don't really see how she fits in with the main story. Aside from that -- as well as the stupid Derek fantasy -- it was a pretty good premiere.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I thought that the two hour premiere was better than the whole of all last season.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

It was okay to me. Still felt like it was missing something.

Found it really funny how ironic the 1st episode was... and how they were kind of poking fun of themselves under the guise of "Bombshell" the whole episode.

I didn't feel like we needed closure on the Frank story. They could've easily explained away their divorce, and I don't think viewers would've cared much.

2nd episode was a little dull for me, but the final performance with Hilty was incredible!!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Jeremy Jordan was fantastic.

The IDOL fan in me was so thrilled to see Jennifer Hudson and Katharine McPhee to sing together.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Feb 6 2013, 10:57 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm a little surprised by exactly how many different Jeremy Jordans there are. I never really know which one is which.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Seriously, is season 2 going to have MORE Karen focus? I may have to quit this show. Season 1 was Karen-pimpy enough for me. I was hoping season 2 would focus more on the actually talented Broadway star's road to getting the role she was MADE for.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Watched the 2 hour premiere finally and realized that I don't care about the storylines on this show - the musical numbers by McPhee and Hilty are all I really enjoy - and I can watch those on youtube

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · NBC Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply