Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Smash: Season 2
Topic Started: Feb 5 2013, 04:55 PM (1,242 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Megan Hilty will be releasing her debut album in March,she said on Kelly & Michael it has no kind of broadway style songs,She said Carrie Underwood even wrote a song for the album.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This is awful tonight for the most part.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Tonight's episode was pretty boring but next week looks really good.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sean Hayes. :wub: I have missed him on my tv.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I'm just going to be honest-- I think that this is one of the best shows on television. I know that the ratings suck and people don't seem to enjoy it for the most part, but something about it really speaks to me. I truly care about EVERY character. Based on the ratings, I'm sure that this will be the last season, but this is the only show that I truly truly love right now.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I like most everyone in it but it's just missing something I can't describe. I mean even in the same episode there will be a few minutes where you think it's getting better then it goes back to dragging along again. They have quality actors and locations but the writing is wonky, unbalanced, scattered and slow. They have everything they need but just can't put it all together to make it work.

I wouldn't keep watching if I didn't have some hope that it would improve.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Ugh!

This show is so frustrating! It always seems to start getting pretty good in the last 10 minutes or so then before you know it the episode is ending.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I missed the last half hour,had to pick up a friend,what happened?

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

^^http://www.ch131.so/smash206.htm

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I want to comment on this show soooo badly, but I just don't have enough willpower to.

So, I'll just say this... In an effort to make the show good, I think they took what WAS good about it, and just trashed that, too.

P.S.- The musical numbers PAIN me to watch now, which is depressing.

Edited by Actor87, Mar 14 2013, 02:12 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The new guy (played by Jeremy Jordan) is just such a douche. I'm sorry, if I were Karen I would've told him to go fuck himself by now.

IMO, the true fail in this show now is that it's not even attracting the musical theater geeks who was its bread and butter during it's first season.

nightfan

Tonight... no... Derek... is the devil. Team Jimmy and Karen. I thought Jimmy was rough around the edges initially, too, but he and Karen have shaped up. Can't believe Derek is so bluntly trying to keep them apart. And I was team Derek and Karen last season.

nightfan

Have to add: Very happy for Ivy!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Derek,Derek,Derek,CLEARLY jealous.

I am torn,Jimmy and Derek both have some jerky qualities,but I have enjoyed Karen with both,so I am stuck.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If I were Ivy I would not return to Bombshell,I'd say stick it where the sun don't shine,they only want her cause Karen left,who would wanna be second choice?

nightfan

BalscoFan5
Mar 20 2013, 04:06 PM
If I were Ivy I would not return to Bombshell,I'd say stick it where the sun don't shine,they only want her cause Karen left,who would wanna be second choice?
I think the point is that the director of this new Bombshell, (Help me, I'm forgetting his name now!) always wanted Ivy to be Marilyn. Karen knew this, and that's why she said what she did on last night's episode. I think Ivy saw this as her role from the beginning and it must be incredible for her to return to a role that should have been her defining moment, having earlier thought it was unfathomable.

nightfan

Must add: I'm hoping Ivy was just happy to be out of Liaison and that the show did not steal the moment we've been waiting for her: for her to get that call saying they want her. She's Marilyn, and she was Marilyn all along.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

This show sucks so bad now. Last season, I couldn't wait for new episodes. Yeah, parts of the story sucked. Yeah, some of the actors sucked. But it was a guilty pleasure. It was ripe with drama, and fascinating musical numbers. And there were those few laughable, but amusingly quotable one-liners like, "I'm in tech!"

But now? I have to force myself to sit through a whole episode. The story is better, but it's not interesting. The actors are better, but even the blind can tell they too have lost interest in this crap. The new characters aren't rootable at all. The musical numbers are all soaked, and dripping with, Velveeta cheese.

And the guest stars this season? What was even the purpose??! Jennifer Hudson has a great voice, but her character literally sang for 2 episodes and then left. Sean Hayes played a goofy actor that no one takes seriously, and after 2 or 3 episodes, he's gone. At least Uma Thurman's character stirred up some drama last season. This season's guest stars have done nothing more than make a yawning entrance, and an even more sleep-inducing exit 2 episodes later.

I HATE to say this, because of how much time I've put into this show that I once loved, but... I just don't want the show to come back for a 3rd season. I'm only watching now out of some empty sense of loyalty.

Anyone else feel the same way?

nightfan

I disagree with you, obviously.

And why is there no discussion on this show? Especially after the amazing "Love Letter from the Times" number that Liza Minelli sang for Ivy? Seriously? Come on.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 20 2013, 09:18 PM
I disagree with you, obviously.

And why is there no discussion on this show? Especially after the amazing "Love Letter from the Times" number that Liza Minelli sang for Ivy? Seriously? Come on.
Yeah, didn't care for that. Ivy's "Don't Forget Me" made me cry so much though. And I loved that episode. I happen to just love Ivy/Derek together (because they fit, they're both adults living in the real world, who've worked to get where they are), and I like that Ivy's in control of her life, career, relationship. Derek's clearly still hung up on Ivy, while having some muse-y-feels for the other one.

Karen acts like a two-year-old, and it's just ridiculous.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · NBC Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply