Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, February 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 6 2013, 09:02 AM (8,719 Views)
EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 6 2013, 03:58 PM
elci525
Feb 6 2013, 03:54 PM
Matt
Feb 6 2013, 03:37 PM
If soap characters all acted like mature, reasonable, rational adults all of the time who could solve their problems simply by sitting down and coming to logical solutions and compromises, soaps would be hideously boring.
I find Sami as she is acting now hideously boring.
shes reminding me too much of carly from GH who I loathe
That's probably why I love her so much. Carly was, and remains, my favorite female soap character of all time. I love Sami's desire to do what's right (like starting out all rational with Rafe) but her inabiltiy to react calmly when things go off course (throwing all the delicious sexy-sex in Rafe's face). Sami has a certian vulnerability like this that I am sympathic to, though I can understand why others would not.

So glad to see my girl BACK.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Serenity 808

Quote:

At the end of the day, I think they are trying to write Sami as a love-to-hate character once again. Obviously there are some folks like me that buy into that and find her to be entertaining when written this way. I'm guessing that for you and others, it has simply gotten old and you're over it.

Yeah, I definitely agree and love the direction that they're taking with Sami. She's supposed to be a scheming, manipulative, selfish bitch, and it's about time that they're not trying to paint her as a heroine. The writers actually seemed to go this way during the grief sex period and the three-four months that followed, with everyone hating her and with Sami being as bratty as ever, and then in the summer Sami started to fawn over Rafe and was being written as the heroine yet again (I think this was when there was a change in writers?). Now she's becoming more like Kate, which is what I would've expected of Sami from the 1993-2006 (and late 2011/early 2012) period.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Watching Days right now...Angry Rafe is so much more enjoyable to watch. He told Sami off, but she didn't
say anything relevant. And, damn, Rafe stared at Sami with disgust. If looks could kill, she would be a goner.

Gotta love Victor, and his one-liners.

Harmony233

Serenity 808
Feb 6 2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:

At the end of the day, I think they are trying to write Sami as a love-to-hate character once again. Obviously there are some folks like me that buy into that and find her to be entertaining when written this way. I'm guessing that for you and others, it has simply gotten old and you're over it.

Yeah, I definitely agree and love the direction that they're taking with Sami. She's supposed to be a scheming, manipulative, selfish bitch, and it's about time that they're not trying to paint her as a heroine. The writers actually seemed to go this way during the grief sex period and the three-four months that followed, with everyone hating her and with Sami being as bratty as ever, and then in the summer Sami started to fawn over Rafe and was being written as the heroine yet again (I think this was when there was a change in writers?). Now she's becoming more like Kate, which is what I would've expected of Sami from the 1993-2006 (and late 2011/early 2012) period.
really i still find her being written as a heroine.in 1993-2006 she was entertaining to me because she was the underdog nobody liked her.now she has three men after her she apprentay has friends ect shes written nothing like she was 1993-2006

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Im curious Hope said Victor hated Kristen more then Nicole. Why would Victor hate Kristen?

I have no problem with Sami tell Will to get a paternity test. Yeah they all know that Will is the father the proof needs to be there. I dont get why Rafe doesnt think that Will shoudnt have partial custody he should have that its his right. WIll is way too trusting I am glad that Sonny is like open your eyes. We have about 5 people telling Will to be careful and he wont listen.

Im also curious how did Sonny find out about what Gabi did? Does Justin know

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Chad told Sonny. Sonny won't say anything because Justine warned that Chad would be in trouble for breaking the contract. :rolleyes:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Feb 6 2013, 08:43 PM
Im curious Hope said Victor hated Kristen more then Nicole. Why would Victor hate Kristen?

I have no problem with Sami tell Will to get a paternity test. Yeah they all know that Will is the father the proof needs to be there. I dont get why Rafe doesnt think that Will shoudnt have partial custody he should have that its his right. WIll is way too trusting I am glad that Sonny is like open your eyes. We have about 5 people telling Will to be careful and he wont listen.

The only thing I can think of as to why Victor would care is that he really does care for John & Marlena, and because Kristen worked with Vivian to get the company from Kate when Victor was in a coma. But more than Nicole?

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 6 2013, 09:16 PM
DawnElicia

The only thing I can think of as to why Victor would care is that he really does care for John & Marlena, and because Kristen worked with Vivian to get the company from Kate when Victor was in a coma. But more than Nicole?
I have been watching days most of my life. I never remember interaction with Kristen and Victor. I know he doesnt like her because of Brady. But Hope said he hated Kristen more then Nicole. I dont see how that could be. They were horrible to each other but i think she was worse she did try to kill him or get Jan to then he she also shacked up with Brady so im on Victors side.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

JessicaLeigh
Feb 6 2013, 02:03 PM
Now Sami wants a paternity test. Great.

I keep telling myself that all of this meddling is going on in order to spice up the baby story, but I think WilSon's drama and Nick's machinations should make it spicy enough. Sami's profoundly unhelpful and often downright revolting behavior is not essential. I get that we need to have some kind of history-coming-full-circle element, wherein Sami is the Kate of this story, but she just can't pull it off in the same way. It needs to be toned down at least a little bit, while still keeping her involved. But I guess they need to keep her front-and-center somehow. Now that EJami have no apparent obstacles that's obviously not good enough.
I think Sami is suggesting the paternity test in case Nick and Gabby decide later on to say Will is not the daddy and that it is Andrew (who is dead) and this way Will has proof that he really is the daddy(if he indeed is). Just so Nick (or Cameron) doesn't "fix" the test results!

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

kay
Feb 6 2013, 09:29 PM
JessicaLeigh

I keep telling myself that all of this meddling is going on in order to spice up the baby story, but I think WilSon's drama and Nick's machinations should make it spicy enough. Sami's profoundly unhelpful and often downright revolting behavior is not essential. I get that we need to have some kind of history-coming-full-circle element, wherein Sami is the Kate of this story, but she just can't pull it off in the same way. It needs to be toned down at least a little bit, while still keeping her involved. But I guess they need to keep her front-and-center somehow. Now that EJami have no apparent obstacles that's obviously not good enough.
I think Sami is suggesting the paternity test in case Nick and Gabby decide later on to say Will is not the daddy and that it is Andrew (who is dead) and this way Will has proof that he really is the daddy(if he indeed is). Just so Nick (or Cameron) doesn't "fix" the test results!
Exactly she is not questioning Will is the father she just wants the proof just in case something comes up later. Its good to have that because it could come in handy.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

tomsawyer
Feb 6 2013, 01:51 PM
Hmmm... so Hope is deflecting questions about Bo again. I hope they're going somewhere good with this.

Very nice nod to history with Kristen warning Nicole about falling for a priest. I like how they're just hinting at Nicole having more than friendly feelings for Eric. It's not overdone.

I like that Will is admitting to Sonny that he gave up the baby for him. I don't like how Sonny seems to be touched by this.

II think Sonny thought since Will gave the key back that Will no longer loved him. But when Will told him he was willing to give up his child because he loved him so much and did not want to lose him (admitting it was selfish though) Sonny realized that Will really did love him that much. That is why Sonny was "so touched by this."

Honeybees
Member Avatar

kay
Feb 6 2013, 09:29 PM
JessicaLeigh

Could be, this is Sami, or in a lot of states being married to the mother gives a man presumptive paternity rights. A DNA test would make it so they wouldn't have to remove those rights from Nick if he married Gabi, since Will would be on record as the father. (This apparently is affecting Kim Kardashian in real life, since she's knocked up with Kayne's baby and is still legally married to that other wedding prop guy.) There's also the fact that Will has taken Gabi at her word. I don't think there's any doubt Gabi is telling the truth, but Sami wouldn't know that.

In any case, it's a good idea, but Will is back to passive insecurity again. I really like it better when Will has backbone, though I do recognize that it's part of his character to be passive than have a burst of strength.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 6 2013, 09:16 PM
DawnElicia

The only thing I can think of as to why Victor would care is that he really does care for John & Marlena, and because Kristen worked with Vivian to get the company from Kate when Victor was in a coma.
Victor wasn't in a coma. He was in a wheelchair and couldn't speak because of his stroke, but he was conscious and aware of what was going on.

zyona

I am so glad that Will is moving on and that he stop apologizing, I just wish Will told him that he knows about Brian.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

So, I :wub:Sami today. :laugh: She turned on her bitch mode when Rafe wouldn't stop dogging her. They build up was fantastic. You knew she was going to say something designed to cut him to the core; I was waiting for the boom and boy, did it come. The way she threw the "I'm really happy right now. I had sex with EJ and it was the best night of my life" was so cold! :coldb: She didn't scream or shout. It was almost calm and emotionless. She just wanted to shut him up for the shit he kept talking. Thank goodness because I was beyond tired of him. Even better, we know that she IS happy with EJ right now since they displayed that over the past few days. So for me, it was 70% for truth, 30% for spite from her. For that, I salute her. Then, afterward she was solely concerned about how her argument affected Will. She didn't care much about Rafe's feelings. Good, becuase I sure as hell don't. I hope this Sami sticks around. :rockon:

I loved Victor taunting Nicole today. Those scenes were absolutely perfect. From the candies to the "Taunting Nicole keeps me young," I could not stop laughing. Nik was off her A game again. She protested way too much for someone claiming innocence. Even Eric caught it. It because more apparent that she was losing her touch when Kristen slipped in that little seed of falling for Eric. That seed sprouted fruit quickly! Nicole's demeanor around Eric changed completely.

Wilson, why do you tug at my heart strings! :frownie:

Julie! :cart: Can we trade her for Maggie, please?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

zyona
Feb 6 2013, 09:53 PM
I am so glad that Will is moving on and that he stop apologizing, I just wish Will told him that he knows about Brian.
That was some classic soap misunderstanding. I think Will thought he was making it clear he knew, but since there is nothing to know, Sonny was oblivious to all the social cues Will was giving him. They were having two separate conversations. Sonny even seemed confused at Will's glum declaration of love sans any attempt to get back together. Sonny seemed hurt by that, and thus there was a sense of finality between them. Of course, they will get back together, but they both don't think they will at this point.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

On a separate note, GG's acting was horrible but it made Sami's smackdown more enjoyable for me. Poor guy can't even do upset well. :shame:

LonePirate
Member Avatar

This was hands down the best episode of the week thus far. All of the Nicole\Eric\Hope\Brady\Kristen\Victor scenes and their subset scenes were simply a joy to watch. I really need to see more of Victor making these unexpected appearances simply to screw with the lives of the other characters. The fact that his target today was Nicole was merely a bonus. John Aniston is a legend. He marched in there today and kicked some serious ass, all the while with a big fat grin on his face.

Sami and Rafe are far more tolerable with each other when they are arguing like they were today. As lovers, they are a snooze. As enemies, they are far more engaging, even if Sami can chew him and spit him out a moment's notice. She's simply toying with him now.

Nicky was kinda scary as he was shaking while holding that baby outfit. I look forward to him becoming completely unhinged. It's just a matter of time.

The Will and Sonny scenes really pissed me off today because Will with his passive aggressive manipulation of Sonny today. Sami would have been proud of the man her son is becoming. With a little more time and maybe some tutelage, he may be as good as she is when it comes to manipulating the men in her life. I just wish someone would tell Sonny to stay far away from Will. There is nothing but heartbreak in his future if he chases after Will.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Did I miss something? Since when did Will know that Sonny knew something about Gabi that he couldn't tell him? I know that Will knows Sonny doesnt like Gabi because Chad was bad mouthing her, but I don't think Sonny ever said he knew something that he couldnt tell him. Isn't that him keeping a secret from Will and wouldn't Will throw that in his face, since Sonny told him once upon a time that he couldn't imagine keeping a secret from him? That conversation kind of surprised me.

AidanGreensFan

esp13
Feb 6 2013, 02:30 PM
Harmony233
Feb 6 2013, 02:19 PM
elci525
Feb 6 2013, 02:07 PM
Matt
Feb 6 2013, 02:02 PM
Rafe/Sami is absolutely DELICIOUS as bitter, vicious enemies who go right for the jugular with the most hurtful things they can say (while deftly playing their own hurt over their failed relationship as subtext). I can't believe how much I thoroughly enjoy these two going at one another with emotional hatchets. Rafe/Sami as enemies is INFINITELY better than Rafe/Sami as lovey-dovey romantics.
I thought it would be - but I don't find that I am thinking that about Rafe and Sami in these scenes. Same as I didn't enjoy the Sami and Brady scenes yesterday when I was really looking forward to them. I just hate Sami so much, I am no longer entertained by her. And while it is delicious irony that she is playing the Kate in this story, I hate-liked Kate in her story. Sami, not so much. It's disappointing - I want to enjoy the soapy badassness.
you know kate could be annoying with her meddling but i understood her most of the time and kates hate of sami made more sense
I think that's my problem. I mean, Kate may have been way OTT, but at least she had a reason to dislike Sami. Sami lied about Austin being the father of her child. That lie affected two of Kate's sons.

But I can't figure out why Sami hates Gabi so much. Yes, Gabi lied, but so did Will. I understand Sami being upset, but this has been ridiculously OTT since day one and for no good reason. Without that good reason, it just makes me hate Sami even more than I usually do (and that's saying something). I don't find her rants entertaining, I find them unwatchable.
I think the reason Sami is so hostile to Gabi is because Gabi attempted to pull the same stunt Sami did with Will all those years ago. Granted there is a bit of a twist with Will being aware, but Sami knows what it is to keep a baby from it's father. She's done it many times, with varying degrees of success until implosion. She's just playing the other side of the fence this time. Sami sees herself in Gabi IMO - and that's why she is going ballistic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply