Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, February 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 6 2013, 09:02 AM (8,460 Views)
supercool74
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Feb 7 2013, 08:53 AM
michr544125
Feb 7 2013, 07:33 AM
I must be watching a different show than some. Will was always worried about losing Sonny if he find out about the baby. Nick and Gabi reminded him time and again that he's lose Sonny if he told the truth. So yes, that was the main reason along with thinking the baby was better off without him in the child's life. It wasn't a guild trip at all. Will finally told Sonny the truth. Right about now Sonny has no room to talk with the secret he's keeping from Will. And I have a feeling it's not coming out any time based on spoilers I've seen.

I enjoyed Will yesterday. He acted mature about the situation letting Sonny go, not because he wants to but because he thinks Sonny is better off without him and has already moved on.

But obviously Sonny was ready to tell Will he wants to work this out. I thought the hand hold was very swoon worthy.
I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I saw shell-shocked Will say over and over he wanted to support Gabi and do what was right for the baby from moment one. But, you make a good point in that the very idea that he would lose Sonny over the baby was generated and promoted by Nick and Gabi over and over and over. Every time Will wanted to tell the truth, they something to the effect of "of course you can, we're not trying to stop you but you'll lose Sonny." In the beginning, before Nick's secret plan, Will expressed that this would make it difficult but not that he would lose Sonny. Should Will have let them get away with it? Of course not, but it's fundamentally immortal to expect a person to give up the rights of their child without counseling and legal protection for everyone, especially the child. But Nick said over and over that this has to be a secret, even though any sane person in that situation would have gone to a family lawyer ASAP - and it all could have been handled discreetly.

But the show I was watching also had Will saying over and over again, he didn't want his child to grow up in a broken home. You saw him looking at Johnny and EJ together sadly, and thinking about being a pawn in the war between his parents. He brought up the broken home issue way before the Sonny issue. If the show now wants to retcon that as being all about Sonny, even though Will has been portrayed by being scarred by his childhood from day one and he's only known Sonny for less than two years, his broken childhood was apparently the excuse he was using? Apparently, that's what this week's writers have decided, but it certainly wasn't the show I was watching.
Will was worried he would lose Sonny, I have no doubt. But in the beginning, he actually was angry when Nick suggested that he he keep this from Sonny. I don't think that was really even a consideration until Nick kept telling him not to say anything. At first, it was just for one day, and Will agreed. In the beginning, I don't think we ever saw Will thinking "oh my God, I can't tell Sonny", I think he was worried about it, but I think he would have,had Nick not butted in. Mostly I saw him worried about this baby being raised by two parents, not being shuffled back and forth. But I think what he told EJ was the truth, in that he saw an out...and didn't have to tell Sonny or anyone else and he took it. But I don't think that was his primary motivation, or that isn't how it played out to me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Feb 6 2013, 10:29 PM
esp13
Feb 6 2013, 02:30 PM
Harmony233
Feb 6 2013, 02:19 PM
elci525
Feb 6 2013, 02:07 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
you know kate could be annoying with her meddling but i understood her most of the time and kates hate of sami made more sense
I think that's my problem. I mean, Kate may have been way OTT, but at least she had a reason to dislike Sami. Sami lied about Austin being the father of her child. That lie affected two of Kate's sons.

But I can't figure out why Sami hates Gabi so much. Yes, Gabi lied, but so did Will. I understand Sami being upset, but this has been ridiculously OTT since day one and for no good reason. Without that good reason, it just makes me hate Sami even more than I usually do (and that's saying something). I don't find her rants entertaining, I find them unwatchable.
I think the reason Sami is so hostile to Gabi is because Gabi attempted to pull the same stunt Sami did with Will all those years ago. Granted there is a bit of a twist with Will being aware, but Sami knows what it is to keep a baby from it's father. She's done it many times, with varying degrees of success until implosion. She's just playing the other side of the fence this time. Sami sees herself in Gabi IMO - and that's why she is going ballistic.
Except that Gabi didn't pull the same stunt AT ALL. The first person she told about the pregnancy was Will (I know Sami knew before that, but Gabi didn't tell her, Sami was just there). She told Will before she told Nick, Rafe, or anybody. That's not just a "bit of a twist" on Sami's story, it's 1000% different. The fact that Will chose to let everybod think Nick was the father also makes this 1000% different. And that's the problem with Sami's reaction.

Nonetheless for those who say that Sami is projecting, fair enough. But it's not enough to make her actions entertaining to me.

Harmony233

esp13
Feb 7 2013, 10:19 AM
AidanGreensFan
Feb 6 2013, 10:29 PM
esp13
Feb 6 2013, 02:30 PM
Harmony233
Feb 6 2013, 02:19 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think that's my problem. I mean, Kate may have been way OTT, but at least she had a reason to dislike Sami. Sami lied about Austin being the father of her child. That lie affected two of Kate's sons.

But I can't figure out why Sami hates Gabi so much. Yes, Gabi lied, but so did Will. I understand Sami being upset, but this has been ridiculously OTT since day one and for no good reason. Without that good reason, it just makes me hate Sami even more than I usually do (and that's saying something). I don't find her rants entertaining, I find them unwatchable.
I think the reason Sami is so hostile to Gabi is because Gabi attempted to pull the same stunt Sami did with Will all those years ago. Granted there is a bit of a twist with Will being aware, but Sami knows what it is to keep a baby from it's father. She's done it many times, with varying degrees of success until implosion. She's just playing the other side of the fence this time. Sami sees herself in Gabi IMO - and that's why she is going ballistic.
Except that Gabi didn't pull the same stunt AT ALL. The first person she told about the pregnancy was Will (I know Sami knew before that, but Gabi didn't tell her, Sami was just there). She told Will before she told Nick, Rafe, or anybody. That's not just a "bit of a twist" on Sami's story, it's 1000% different. The fact that Will chose to let everybod think Nick was the father also makes this 1000% different. And that's the problem with Sami's reaction.

Nonetheless for those who say that Sami is projecting, fair enough. But it's not enough to make her actions entertaining to me.
IA I 'm not the biggest GAbby fan but other than Will/Gabby being bestfriends havving a ONS like lumi did thats the only thing where i see them comparable

Honeybees
Member Avatar

supercool74
Feb 7 2013, 09:39 AM
Honeybees
michr544125
I must be watching a different show than some. Will was always worried about losing Sonny if he find out about the baby. Nick and Gabi reminded him time and again that he's lose Sonny if he told the truth. So yes, that was the main reason along with thinking the baby was better off without him in the child's life. It wasn't a guild trip at all. Will finally told Sonny the truth. Right about now Sonny has no room to talk with the secret he's keeping from Will. And I have a feeling it's not coming out any time based on spoilers I've seen.

I enjoyed Will yesterday. He acted mature about the situation letting Sonny go, not because he wants to but because he thinks Sonny is better off without him and has already moved on.

But obviously Sonny was ready to tell Will he wants to work this out. I thought the hand hold was very swoon worthy.
I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I saw shell-shocked Will say over and over he wanted to support Gabi and do what was right for the baby from moment one. But, you make a good point in that the very idea that he would lose Sonny over the baby was generated and promoted by Nick and Gabi over and over and over. Every time Will wanted to tell the truth, they something to the effect of "of course you can, we're not trying to stop you but you'll lose Sonny." In the beginning, before Nick's secret plan, Will expressed that this would make it difficult but not that he would lose Sonny. Should Will have let them get away with it? Of course not, but it's fundamentally immortal to expect a person to give up the rights of their child without counseling and legal protection for everyone, especially the child. But Nick said over and over that this has to be a secret, even though any sane person in that situation would have gone to a family lawyer ASAP - and it all could have been handled discreetly.

But the show I was watching also had Will saying over and over again, he didn't want his child to grow up in a broken home. You saw him looking at Johnny and EJ together sadly, and thinking about being a pawn in the war between his parents. He brought up the broken home issue way before the Sonny issue. If the show now wants to retcon that as being all about Sonny, even though Will has been portrayed by being scarred by his childhood from day one and he's only known Sonny for less than two years, his broken childhood was apparently the excuse he was using? Apparently, that's what this week's writers have decided, but it certainly wasn't the show I was watching.
Will was worried he would lose Sonny, I have no doubt. But in the beginning, he actually was angry when Nick suggested that he he keep this from Sonny. I don't think that was really even a consideration until Nick kept telling him not to say anything. At first, it was just for one day, and Will agreed. In the beginning, I don't think we ever saw Will thinking "oh my God, I can't tell Sonny", I think he was worried about it, but I think he would have,had Nick not butted in. Mostly I saw him worried about this baby being raised by two parents, not being shuffled back and forth. But I think what he told EJ was the truth, in that he saw an out...and didn't have to tell Sonny or anyone else and he took it. But I don't think that was his primary motivation, or that isn't how it played out to me.
Also, from a character point of view - Will shot EJ because he didn't want his nuclear family, which was finally together, broken up by EJ. He was thrilled when his parents finally got together, heartbroken when they split. I just don't buy/like that "broken home" was the excuse he used because he was afraid of losing a new love/relationship. Yes, Sonny is his first love, but it's far more plausible that Will would worry obsessively about his child not being at the center of a custody battle and have two parents always fighting.

Again, I heard the dialogue yesterday, and I know what Will said, but I thought it was piss poor writing, unless it's revealed that Will was just feeling sorry for himself and guilt-tripping Sonny, which I would buy from the son of Sami Brady.

Edited by Honeybees, Feb 7 2013, 11:20 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Feb 7 2013, 11:19 AM
supercool74
Feb 7 2013, 09:39 AM
Honeybees
michr544125

Also, from a character point of view - Will shot EJ because he didn't want his nuclear family, which was finally together, broken up by EJ. He was thrilled when his parents finally got together, heartbroken when they split. I just don't buy/like that "broken home" was the excuse he used because he was afraid of losing a new love/relationship. Yes, Sonny is his first love, but it's far more plausible that Will would worry obsessively about his child not being at the center of a custody battle and have two parents always fighting.

Again, I heard the dialogue yesterday, and I know what Will said, but I thought it was piss poor writing, unless it's revealed that Will was just feeling sorry for himself and guilt-tripping Sonny, which I would buy from the son of Sami Brady.

in 2007 one of the reasons people think shot ej will dialog to sami something like this you married the guy that rape you and you want us to stand and watch

and we all the bad stuff ej done to will family in 2007 i found it lame they tried that only reason will want to shot ej Will because he didn't want his nuclear family, which was finally together, broken up by EJ.he it could one of the reasons i was one of the biggest supporters of the idea will shot ej becuase lucas could not be the shooter so the only way lucas will confess in something if he think someone he loves did that
the writers choice to whitewash ej crimes made will look like fool he shot ej because he spilt his family especially last year he did not seem to his parents together while prefer rafe or ej for his mom
Edited by Partnersincrime, Feb 7 2013, 11:46 AM.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Anyone notice that Brian was not in the credits but Tad was,I hope that means no more Brian.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zanygrrl
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 7 2013, 12:38 AM
I am going to go out on a limb here, I think we will find out that Nick eventually gets over his "homophobia" - he was naive before he went to prison and kinda wacky. Now clearly he was traumatized in jail, he is angry and bitter and I wonder if it was a learned behavior to try and blend in with other dangerous criminals there and it stuck. I am not excusing him for his attitude but I think, or I hope with time and therapy he is going to develop more healthy patterns of thinking and behaving with support.

Please tell me I misread, EJ and Sam are not going to work together with Kristen? Victor and the Titan team will clean their clocks! :roflol:
I was hoping for Nick to overcome his homophobia, as well. However, I'm not anymore. When he originally spoke about his views I didn't agree but I was impressed with the way he expressed his views. I kept waiting for him to have a crisis of confusion after hanging out with the boys, something that would point to learned behavior conflicting with real-life experience. He obviously hasn't. He has, in fact, become increasingly rigid in his views and much more vocal about them. IMO, at this point, anything that happened to him in jail merely solidified homophobic views he had before going to jail.

His rigidity and recent behavior do point to Borderline Personality Disorder, which can be treated. Won't make him less of a homophobe but may make him more understanding overall.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply