Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Cady McClain (Dixie) signs on
Topic Started: Feb 6 2013, 02:25 PM (660 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/02/06/is-cady-mcclain-headed-for-prospect-park%E2%80%99s-all-my-children

Quote:

Will Dixie Cooney Martin be among the residents still living in Pine Valley when Prospect Park’s All My Children returns? According to Soaps in Depth, Cady McClain is set to return to her popular role, but they note Prospect Park has not confirmed what their sources are telling them.

UPDATE 2/7

http://cadymcclain.com/all-my-children-2/?cb=09789148257113993

Since word got out that AMC/PP contacted me, I thought it was best to wait a bit until I confirmed it out of respect for the fact I am still sorting out the details of the situation. However, I feel confident in telling you that I will be a part of the AMC Internet Re-boot. I am very excited about the possibilities for the show in this medium and want to help give it every chance at success.

As you probably know by now, I am fascinated with all the many possibilities for creative expression that the Internet has to offer. I have a feeling the show will find many new opportunities for connecting with fans and I look forward to being a part of that as well.

I am also thrilled that Ginger Smith, who has worked on AMC for as long as I can remember, is finally getting the chance to helm the show. There are few people that know and love AMC as much as Ginger. I know for a fact she is doing everything in her power to make the show as wonderful for the long time fans as she possibly can.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and support.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hope so!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Seems pointless unless they get Micheal E Knight back too.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 6 2013, 06:31 PM
Seems pointless unless they get Micheal E Knight back too.
Yeah.

For years we had Tad without Dixie and now Dixie will be in Pine Valley without Tad? Be a hard adjustment, too.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://cadymcclain.com/all-my-children-2/?cb=09789148257113993

Since word got out that AMC/PP contacted me, I thought it was best to wait a bit until I confirmed it out of respect for the fact I am still sorting out the details of the situation. However, I feel confident in telling you that I will be a part of the AMC Internet Re-boot. I am very excited about the possibilities for the show in this medium and want to help give it every chance at success.

As you probably know by now, I am fascinated with all the many possibilities for creative expression that the Internet has to offer. I have a feeling the show will find many new opportunities for connecting with fans and I look forward to being a part of that as well.

I am also thrilled that Ginger Smith, who has worked on AMC for as long as I can remember, is finally getting the chance to helm the show. There are few people that know and love AMC as much as Ginger. I know for a fact she is doing everything in her power to make the show as wonderful for the long time fans as she possibly can.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and support.

Mason

First post updated.

KMan101
Member Avatar

So glad it's official!

It's quite thrilling to hear the actors praising the new producers big time. Vincent Irizarry praised Smith in the latest SOD and Strasser was thrilled with PP's choices of Susie Horgan and Pepperman.

Drew
Member Avatar

Surprising. I remember her blasting them last year.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 7 2013, 11:37 PM
Surprising. I remember her blasting them last year.
Yeah, I agree.

Add to that her reputation as being "difficult," I thought for sure she would fall between the cracks.

Hey, I LOOOOOVE me some Dixie Cooney Martin as much as the next Tad & Dixie lover, but you have to admit McClain has a reputation that runs from complicated to eccentric to difficult.

Love her nonetheless. She's an extremely good actor.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The announcement of Knight coming on as Tad has to be next.

I like McClain's praise of Smith. I'm hoping it rings true in the execution of what we actually see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply