Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, February 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 09:27 AM (7,301 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 7 2013, 04:24 PM
concerned
Feb 7 2013, 04:11 PM
Has this Lucas / Nicole animosity come out of nowhere? ... I would have thought he would have been ambivalent towards her by now at least.
I can't remember him being that unfriendly to her previously. Given all the women who have screwed him over I think she is the least of his problems.

@ 3:30.
They spoke like in this clip, they weren't buddies though. There was only one moment I can remember since their divorce that Lucas acted like a friend to Nicole, a true friend...it was a very nice moment actually and surprised me....it showed that Lucas cared about her well being and that is always nice, even if he can't stand her, lol. Since this moment though, they haven't been friendly and before this moment, they weren't friendly either:

we think like
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

Partnersincrime
Feb 7 2013, 04:18 PM
nicole does not like lucas either half time she consider lucas her worse ex and bash him you would think with all her ex is not really the worst even if tried to act bit nice to nicole she treat worse
Nicole's reasons for hating Lucas still to this day make absolutely no sense. She's the one who chose money over love when she decided to marry Lucas for 5 million dollars and dumped Eric. Lucas would have been just fine and moved on with his life either way, which he did after their marriage crashed and burned. After all Lucas hasn't given Nicole a single thought since maybe 1999 and has pretty much left her alone ever since, lol. Really with the exception of Sami, Lucas never goes back to any of his exes and actually puts them firmly in his past and that has been consistent from day one.

And while Lucas hating Nicole makes more sense than her hating him, at this point Lucas thinking any of his exes are that bad compared to Sami is ridiculous. Nicole humiliated him like 15 years ago. That should be water under the bridge now given how many times he's forgiven and fallen back in love with Sami over the years after all the crap she repeatedly pulls. In fact I can guarantee that Lucas will probably forgive Sami by this time next year and still hate Nicole, lol.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

How is this paternity test conflict a fair fight? Even if Rafe convinces Nicole and Daniel to side with him, it would be Nick\Gabi\Rafe\Nicole\Daniel\Julie\Maggie vs. Will\EJ\Sami\Lucas\Kate\Marlena\Caroline with Sonny\Adrienne\Justin\Victor\Kristen\Stefano sitting on the sidelines waiting to be called in if necessary. Sure, each side may win a battle along the way; but Team Will's bench is much deeper and it features some of Salem's paternity test all stars. This war should be a slaughter.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I have to say I LOVE Kristen and Nicole!

Nick is starting to creep me out. He looks scarier by the minute.

It could be actually be interesting to see if Nic turns to EJ and tries to give this piece of info in hopes to turn EJ against William. Nick vs EJ... who outsmarts who. I just hope EJ knows how to keep a good face and play him without hinting that EJ actually already know.

What concerns me though that before when William blackmailed EJ he seemed smarter .. now he seems more foolish.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Oh Lucas.. finally something for him to get involved with. :) And not hiding in the shadows being Allie offscreen.

esp13
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Feb 7 2013, 05:11 PM
How is this paternity test conflict a fair fight? Even if Rafe convinces Nicole and Daniel to side with him, it would be Nick\Gabi\Rafe\Nicole\Daniel\Julie\Maggie vs. Will\EJ\Sami\Lucas\Kate\Marlena\Caroline with Sonny\Adrienne\Justin\Victor\Kristen\Stefano sitting on the sidelines waiting to be called in if necessary. Sure, each side may win a battle along the way; but Team Will's bench is much deeper and it features some of Salem's paternity test all stars. This war should be a slaughter.
Yes, but Team Will is filled with people that don't like each other. Kate and Sami hate each other and while I believe they would both be on Will's side, it doesn't mean they will get along. EJ and Lucas hate each other and Sami and Lucas don't see eye to eye on everything. Team Will has a much, much great change of self-implosion because they will all be trying to undermine each other in the process of helping Will. And while Marlena and Caroline are good team members, they aren't likely to put up the rest of the team's shenanigans.

Team Will is like a high priced sports team full of all star free agents. It looks on stoppable on paper, but they can never find the team chemistry and end up imploding from the weight.

Will&Sonny

AngelOB
Feb 7 2013, 04:27 PM
So proud of my EJ not giving a shit about that damn FBI jacket. I'm so happy about the metamorphosis that EJ has undergone. In the past he would have probably tried to destroy the jacket and told Sami she needs to get Rafe out of Johnny's life, now he's so secure in his relationship with Sami and how she feels about him that he can do the mature thing and accept that Rafe is part of Johnny's life and the jacket isn't the end of the world.
Or...he realizes that in order to maintain this ridiculous "Changed E.J." fašade that helped him get back into Sami's pants in the first place, he has to act like he doesn't give a shit about that damn FBI jacket, even though he really gives quite a few shits about it.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 7 2013, 05:24 PM
LonePirate
Yes, but Team Will is filled with people that don't like each other. Kate and Sami hate each other and while I believe they would both be on Will's side, it doesn't mean they will get along. EJ and Lucas hate each other and Sami and Lucas don't see eye to eye on everything. Team Will has a much, much great change of self-implosion because they will all be trying to undermine each other in the process of helping Will. And while Marlena and Caroline are good team members, they aren't likely to put up the rest of the team's shenanigans.

Team Will is like a high priced sports team full of all star free agents. It looks on stoppable on paper, but they can never find the team chemistry and end up imploding from the weight.
How about Team - hey, everyone, that's work out a fair agreement so the child's parents share custody? Nobody will be on team Nick if they find out he's a homophobe trying to keep Will from his child. They'll be on team let's get Nick some therapy.

And I hate the whole paternity test being messed with cliche. There hasn't been a paternity test in Salem that hasn't been messed with.

One of the things that drew me into the baby story was that it was never a who is the daddy. We all knew who the father was, as did Gabi and Will, from day one. Secondly, there's no chance of the parents falling in love or getting back together. So, the writers are going to have to play it differently.

So, of course they said, why not have a paternity test switch? The viewers will be shocked (that we did it again).
Edited by Honeybees, Feb 7 2013, 05:34 PM.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

PatNS
Feb 7 2013, 02:38 PM
Nick is so clever. He means every last word he says ... he just doesn't meant it the way Will andGabi thinks he means it though.

And when Will loses all parental rights to his child the blame will rest squarely on Sami and EJ's shoulders. These two are going to be the reason Will loses custody of his child.

While I understand why Jen's doing what she's doing I still see it as stupid, stupid, stupid!

I'm just not feeling it between Eric and Nicole. I hate to see her wringing her hands over another relationship that's doomed to fail ... she deserves better than that!
Im confused how Ejami tell Will he should get a paternity test so that he could be legally seen as the baby father will cause Will to lose the baby. Its smart thing to do and that way like they said his name would be on the birth certificate.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

OMG are they hinting at a Lucas/Nicole/Eric triangle?????? :cart: :yahoo: :yahoo: :whee:

elci525
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Feb 7 2013, 05:43 PM
OMG are they hinting at a Lucas/Nicole/Eric triangle?????? :cart: :yahoo: :yahoo: :whee:
I know, right?? I think I could ACTUALLY get behind that =) just a bit

Will&Sonny

DawnElicia
Feb 7 2013, 05:35 PM
PatNS
Nick is so clever. He means every last word he says ... he just doesn't meant it the way Will andGabi thinks he means it though.

And when Will loses all parental rights to his child the blame will rest squarely on Sami and EJ's shoulders. These two are going to be the reason Will loses custody of his child.

While I understand why Jen's doing what she's doing I still see it as stupid, stupid, stupid!

I'm just not feeling it between Eric and Nicole. I hate to see her wringing her hands over another relationship that's doomed to fail ... she deserves better than that!
Im confused how Ejami tell Will he should get a paternity test so that he could be legally seen as the baby father will cause Will to lose the baby. Its smart thing to do and that way like they said his name would be on the birth certificate.
Because some people are speculating that Nick is going to rig the paternity test so that it says that Will is not the baby's father (an opportunity that he would not have had if Sami and E.J. hadn't encouraged Will to get said paternity test done in the first place).

This seems far-fetched at the moment for a number of reasons -- in addition to the fact that Sami and E.J. are aware that Nick has a history of falsifying paternity tests and should therefore not be trusted around paternity tests ever, there's also the fact that Gabi knows that Will is the only person who could possibly be the father of her baby -- but any number of things could happen before the storyline gets to that point, so if the speculation turns out to be correct, perhaps it won't seem as far-fetched in the end.

I have no doubt that Nick will consider taking that approach, but the idea of it actually working seems laughable at the moment...to me, at least.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Feb 7 2013, 05:49 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 7 2013, 05:24 PM
LonePirate

Who says Victor's on Will's side? Wouldn't it be more likely he'd side with Maggie, whatever side she ends up on and presumably Nick's?

And no way Kristen would side with Marlena on anything. If she realizes team Nick hurts Marlena she'll join them asap.

But I do agree with your assessment of their self-implosion possibility.

lumifan4life

LanaluvsBroe
Doubt it.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

elci525
Feb 7 2013, 05:46 PM
LanaluvsBroe
I know, right?? I think I could ACTUALLY get behind that =) just a bit
OMG I would love it. More Lucas + jealous Eric = :wub:

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Feb 7 2013, 06:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Doubt it.
Then why even have Lucas join the board? Plus something is going to have to force Eric to realize his own feelings for Nicole. And seeing her get hot and heavy with Lucas just might do the trick.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 05:47 PM
DawnElicia
PatNS

Because some people are speculating that Nick is going to rig the paternity test so that it says that Will is not the baby's father (an opportunity that he would not have had if Sami and E.J. hadn't encouraged Will to get said paternity test done in the first place).

This seems far-fetched at the moment for a number of reasons -- in addition to the fact that Sami and E.J. are aware that Nick has a history of falsifying paternity tests and should therefore not be trusted around paternity tests ever, there's also the fact that Gabi knows that Will is the only person who could possibly be the father of her baby -- but any number of things could happen before the storyline gets to that point, so if the speculation turns out to be correct, perhaps it won't seem as far-fetched in the end.

I have no doubt that Nick will consider taking that approach, but the idea of it actually working seems laughable at the moment...to me, at least.
But even if that happens and Nick does forge the test it still would not be on EJ and Sami's shoulders that Will would lose custody of his daughter. It would be Nick's fault. :shrug:

lumifan4life

LanaluvsBroe
Feb 7 2013, 06:05 PM
lumifan4life
Feb 7 2013, 06:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Doubt it.
Then why even have Lucas join the board? Plus something is going to have to force Eric to realize his own feelings for Nicole. And seeing her get hot and heavy with Lucas just might do the trick.
Because BD said back in December that he doesn't have a story and called off the dogs in early January. They film 4 months ahead and they were most likely filming March when he tweeted that. Not saying that Lucas and Nicole won't share scenes. Now that he's on the board they might but a triangle or Lucole romance? Unlikely.

esp13
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 7 2013, 06:07 PM
Will&Sonny
DawnElicia
PatNS

But even if that happens and Nick does forge the test it still would not be on EJ and Sami's shoulders that Will would lose custody of his daughter. It would be Nick's fault. :shrug:
Sure. But my personal theory is that the way Nick gets Gabi to go along with his plan (which she has to in order to make it work) is by convicing her that Will intends to take the baby away from her. And, to do that, he'll use Sami's conduct (and Everett's if he's actually doing anything at that point) as proof.

Given how Sami has acted from day one and Nick's ability to manipulate Gabi, I don't think it's really that far-fetched to believe that he could convince her that this is the only way for them not to lose the baby.

So, in that sense, Sami (and possibly Everett) would be responsible in that if they had not done whatever it is that I figure they will do to make things worse, Gabi wouldn't have been talked into going against Will like this. And I sincerely hope this all happens because if I have to put up with this Sami, then I at least want to see her make things worse because of her behavior.

As for Salem paternity tests, of course no one would believe one in the real world. But, as has been said often, Salem ain't the real world and it would be boring if they all suddenly figured out that paternity tests can be rigged.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 7 2013, 06:19 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 7 2013, 06:07 PM
Will&Sonny
DawnElicia

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Sure. But my personal theory is that the way Nick gets Gabi to go along with his plan (which she has to in order to make it work) is by convicing her that Will intends to take the baby away from her. And, to do that, he'll use Sami's conduct (and Everett's if he's actually doing anything at that point) as proof.

Given how Sami has acted from day one and Nick's ability to manipulate Gabi, I don't think it's really that far-fetched to believe that he could convince her that this is the only way for them not to lose the baby.

So, in that sense, Sami (and possibly Everett) would be responsible in that if they had not done whatever it is that I figure they will do to make things worse, Gabi wouldn't have been talked into going against Will like this. And I sincerely hope this all happens because if I have to put up with this Sami, then I at least want to see her make things worse because of her behavior.

As for Salem paternity tests, of course no one would believe one in the real world. But, as has been said often, Salem ain't the real world and it would be boring if they all suddenly figured out that paternity tests can be rigged.
I would argue it's incredibly dull for a show that has used that plot device so many times that most every principle character has been the victim of a rigged paternity test, that the the writers might consider going somewhere different with a story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply