Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, February 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 09:27 AM (7,139 Views)
Will&Sonny

SocRMum1
Feb 7 2013, 06:07 PM
Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 05:47 PM
DawnElicia
Feb 7 2013, 05:35 PM
PatNS
Feb 7 2013, 02:38 PM
Nick is so clever. He means every last word he says ... he just doesn't meant it the way Will andGabi thinks he means it though.

And when Will loses all parental rights to his child the blame will rest squarely on Sami and EJ's shoulders. These two are going to be the reason Will loses custody of his child.

While I understand why Jen's doing what she's doing I still see it as stupid, stupid, stupid!

I'm just not feeling it between Eric and Nicole. I hate to see her wringing her hands over another relationship that's doomed to fail ... she deserves better than that!
Im confused how Ejami tell Will he should get a paternity test so that he could be legally seen as the baby father will cause Will to lose the baby. Its smart thing to do and that way like they said his name would be on the birth certificate.
Because some people are speculating that Nick is going to rig the paternity test so that it says that Will is not the baby's father (an opportunity that he would not have had if Sami and E.J. hadn't encouraged Will to get said paternity test done in the first place).

This seems far-fetched at the moment for a number of reasons -- in addition to the fact that Sami and E.J. are aware that Nick has a history of falsifying paternity tests and should therefore not be trusted around paternity tests ever, there's also the fact that Gabi knows that Will is the only person who could possibly be the father of her baby -- but any number of things could happen before the storyline gets to that point, so if the speculation turns out to be correct, perhaps it won't seem as far-fetched in the end.

I have no doubt that Nick will consider taking that approach, but the idea of it actually working seems laughable at the moment...to me, at least.
But even if that happens and Nick does forge the test it still would not be on EJ and Sami's shoulders that Will would lose custody of his daughter. It would be Nick's fault. :shrug:
I don't disagree -- I was just trying to explain the reasoning that was being questioned earlier.

As much as I hate E.J., and really hate seeing Will and E.J. in scenes together, the advice that he and Sami gave Will today about establishing the baby's paternity was sound advice, especially since Will is gay (which unfortunately gives close-minded people a reason to doubt that he could have slept with Gabi) and Gabi is not only planning to marry another man, but also has a history of betraying her friends. How Nick chooses to respond to Will's request for a paternity test is on Nick (and Gabi, if she agrees to go along with it). Not even I would blame E.J. for that, and I relish the opportunity to blame E.J. for everything that I can logically blame him for.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 7 2013, 05:55 PM
esp13
Feb 7 2013, 05:24 PM
LonePirate
Feb 7 2013, 05:11 PM
How is this paternity test conflict a fair fight? Even if Rafe convinces Nicole and Daniel to side with him, it would be Nick\Gabi\Rafe\Nicole\Daniel\Julie\Maggie vs. Will\EJ\Sami\Lucas\Kate\Marlena\Caroline with Sonny\Adrienne\Justin\Victor\Kristen\Stefano sitting on the sidelines waiting to be called in if necessary. Sure, each side may win a battle along the way; but Team Will's bench is much deeper and it features some of Salem's paternity test all stars. This war should be a slaughter.
Yes, but Team Will is filled with people that don't like each other. Kate and Sami hate each other and while I believe they would both be on Will's side, it doesn't mean they will get along. EJ and Lucas hate each other and Sami and Lucas don't see eye to eye on everything. Team Will has a much, much great change of self-implosion because they will all be trying to undermine each other in the process of helping Will. And while Marlena and Caroline are good team members, they aren't likely to put up the rest of the team's shenanigans.

Team Will is like a high priced sports team full of all star free agents. It looks on stoppable on paper, but they can never find the team chemistry and end up imploding from the weight.
Who says Victor's on Will's side? Wouldn't it be more likely he'd side with Maggie, whatever side she ends up on and presumably Nick's?

And no way Kristen would side with Marlena on anything. If she realizes team Nick hurts Marlena she'll join them asap.

But I do agree with your assessment of their self-implosion possibility.
Yeah, but you forget that Brady will most likely be "Team Will" and let's face it, even though Chad absolutely despises Gabi I'm sure he'll be on Will's side as well.

kristen siding with Nick would just put her into the doghouse.
Edited by Panda Panda, Feb 7 2013, 06:37 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Feb 7 2013, 06:36 PM
blueskies
Feb 7 2013, 05:55 PM
esp13
Feb 7 2013, 05:24 PM
LonePirate
Feb 7 2013, 05:11 PM
How is this paternity test conflict a fair fight? Even if Rafe convinces Nicole and Daniel to side with him, it would be Nick\Gabi\Rafe\Nicole\Daniel\Julie\Maggie vs. Will\EJ\Sami\Lucas\Kate\Marlena\Caroline with Sonny\Adrienne\Justin\Victor\Kristen\Stefano sitting on the sidelines waiting to be called in if necessary. Sure, each side may win a battle along the way; but Team Will's bench is much deeper and it features some of Salem's paternity test all stars. This war should be a slaughter.
Yes, but Team Will is filled with people that don't like each other. Kate and Sami hate each other and while I believe they would both be on Will's side, it doesn't mean they will get along. EJ and Lucas hate each other and Sami and Lucas don't see eye to eye on everything. Team Will has a much, much great change of self-implosion because they will all be trying to undermine each other in the process of helping Will. And while Marlena and Caroline are good team members, they aren't likely to put up the rest of the team's shenanigans.

Team Will is like a high priced sports team full of all star free agents. It looks on stoppable on paper, but they can never find the team chemistry and end up imploding from the weight.
Who says Victor's on Will's side? Wouldn't it be more likely he'd side with Maggie, whatever side she ends up on and presumably Nick's?

And no way Kristen would side with Marlena on anything. If she realizes team Nick hurts Marlena she'll join them asap.

But I do agree with your assessment of their self-implosion possibility.
Yeah, but you forget that Brady will most likely be "Team Will" and let's face it, even though Chad absolutely despises Gabi I'm sure he'll be on Will's side as well.

kristen siding with Nick would just put her into the doghouse.
Maybe she would side with Nick in private but publicly support Will

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I continue to roll my eyes over how exceptionally trusting Will is of Gabi and Nick; but he didn't trust Sonny in the months leading up to the wedding. Gotta love soaps for these types of situations.

I laughed heartily when Johnny nodded his while telling EJ that Rafe calls him "Dude." That innocent proclamation along with Johnny's apparent preference for that nickname must have stung just a little. Sure, EJ later denied it to Sami; but it was still a very funny scene.

Will&Sonny

Honeybees
Feb 7 2013, 06:31 PM
esp13
Feb 7 2013, 06:19 PM
SocRMum1
Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 05:47 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepnot the baby's father (an opportunity that he would not have had if Sami and E.J. hadn't encouraged Will to get said paternity test done in the first place).

This seems far-fetched at the moment for a number of reasons -- in addition to the fact that Sami and E.J. are aware that Nick has a history of falsifying paternity tests and should therefore not be trusted around paternity tests ever, there's also the fact that Gabi knows that Will is the only person who could possibly be the father of her baby -- but any number of things could happen before the storyline gets to that point, so if the speculation turns out to be correct, perhaps it won't seem as far-fetched in the end.

I have no doubt that Nick will consider taking that approach, but the idea of it actually working seems laughable at the moment...to me, at least.
But even if that happens and Nick does forge the test it still would not be on EJ and Sami's shoulders that Will would lose custody of his daughter. It would be Nick's fault. :shrug:
Sure. But my personal theory is that the way Nick gets Gabi to go along with his plan (which she has to in order to make it work) is by convicing her that Will intends to take the baby away from her. And, to do that, he'll use Sami's conduct (and Everett's if he's actually doing anything at that point) as proof.

Given how Sami has acted from day one and Nick's ability to manipulate Gabi, I don't think it's really that far-fetched to believe that he could convince her that this is the only way for them not to lose the baby.

So, in that sense, Sami (and possibly Everett) would be responsible in that if they had not done whatever it is that I figure they will do to make things worse, Gabi wouldn't have been talked into going against Will like this. And I sincerely hope this all happens because if I have to put up with this Sami, then I at least want to see her make things worse because of her behavior.

As for Salem paternity tests, of course no one would believe one in the real world. But, as has been said often, Salem ain't the real world and it would be boring if they all suddenly figured out that paternity tests can be rigged.
I would argue it's incredibly dull for a show that has used that plot device so many times that most every principle character has been the victim of a rigged paternity test, that the the writers might consider going somewhere different with a story.
I agree with Honeybees, as usual. I hope that they don't go the fake paternity test route again.

As for the rest...I understand why some people are suggesting that Sami and E.J. should be held accountable, but I don't agree with that logic. If all of this speculation actually ends up being true, the blame is still ultimately on Nick and Gabi's shoulders. Nick has been trying to get the baby away from Will since the moment that he learned that Will was the father -- it never had anything to do with Sami's hysterics. If Sami had never suggested the paternity test, Nick would have simply used some other trick to get the baby away from Will.

And while Nick obviously doesn't care about hurting Will, Gabi should know that Sami's behavior doesn't matter, since Will has never indicated that he was going to try to take the baby away from her. If she allows Nick to manipulate her, that's her fault -- Sami can't be blamed simply because she opened the door. To use a purposely bad analogy, even if Sami left the door hanging wide open, Nick and Gabi would still be responsible for choosing to steal everything.

To me, this is like saying that Will should blame himself for trusting Gabi in the first place. It's not his fault if she decides to take that trust and stab him in the back with it.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Feb 7 2013, 07:00 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Another really good show today.

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying all the storylines, except for Dannifer...and Chloe is the saving grace there. (can't believe I just typed that)

I'm not sure what transpired BTS around the first of the year, but whatever it was its working.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

Stupid Tomlin can't write his Safe story so he has to resurrect the penguins and FBI jacket to keep his boner from going soft...lame.

I'm ready for Ej to start scheming. He needs to give Sami's lips a rest and start raising havoc.

esp13
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 06:55 PM
Honeybees
esp13
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepnot the baby's father (an opportunity that he would not have had if Sami and E.J. hadn't encouraged Will to get said paternity test done in the first place).

I have no doubt that Nick will consider
Sure. But my personal theory is that the way Nick gets Gabi to go along with his plan (which she has to in order to make it work) is by convicing her that Will intends to take the baby away from her. And, to do that, he'll use Sami's conduct (and Everett's if he's actually doing anything at that point) as proof.

Given how Sami has acted from day one and Nick's ability to manipulate Gabi, I don't think it's really that far-fetched to believe that he could convince her that this is the only way for them not to lose the baby.

So, in that sense, Sami (and possibly Everett) would be responsible in that if they had not done whatever it is that I figure they will do to make things worse, Gabi wouldn't have been talked into going against Will like this. And I sincerely hope this all happens because if I have to put up with this Sami, then I at least want to see her make things worse because of her behavior.

As for Salem paternity tests, of course no one would believe one in the real world. But, as has been said often, Salem ain't the real world and it would be boring if they all suddenly figured out that paternity tests can be rigged.
I would argue it's incredibly dull for a show that has used that plot device so many times that most every principle character has been the victim of a rigged paternity test, that the the writers might consider going somewhere different with a story.
I agree with Honeybees, as usual. I hope that they don't go the fake paternity test route again.

As for the rest...I understand why some people are suggesting that Sami and E.J. should be held accountable, but I don't agree with that logic. If all of this speculation actually ends up being true, the blame is still ultimately on Nick and Gabi's shoulders. Nick has been trying to get the baby away from Will since the moment that he learned that Will was the father -- it never had anything to do with Sami's hysterics. If Sami had never suggested the paternity test, Nick would have simply used some other trick to get the baby away from Will.

And while Nick obviously doesn't care about hurting Will, Gabi should know that Sami's behavior doesn't matter, since Will has never indicated that he was going to try to take the baby away from her. If she allows Nick to manipulate her, that's her fault -- Sami can't be blamed simply because she opened the door. To use a purposely bad analogy, even if Sami left the door hanging wide open, Nick and Gabi would still be responsible for choosing to steal everything.

To me, this is like saying that Will should blame himself for trusting Gabi in the first place. It's not his fault if she decides to take that trust and stab him in the back with it.
Yes, but you're talking logically, and I'm talking about soapy drama. Of course it will be Nick's fault. But that's boring. Jack raping Kayla was Jack's fault, but half the emotional stakes in that story were about Steve playing God with Jack and Kayla's lives and Kayla not leaving Jack immediately after she reunited with Steve. Steve and Kayla had good reasons (at least in their minds) for their choices, but all the good intentions in the world doesn't mean that those decisions didn't play a part in everything that happened later.

Exploring how different decisions lead to unexpected consequences doesn't mean that the person who does the bad thing isn't at fault. Regardless of how it happens, Nick is at fault (if this all happens). But, having other people play a role in influencing things just adds layers and complexities and different emotional fallouts to the whole thing. At least, IMO.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Feb 7 2013, 06:10 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Feb 7 2013, 06:05 PM
lumifan4life
Feb 7 2013, 06:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Feb 7 2013, 05:43 PM
OMG are they hinting at a Lucas/Nicole/Eric triangle?????? :cart: :yahoo: :yahoo: :whee:
Doubt it.
Then why even have Lucas join the board? Plus something is going to have to force Eric to realize his own feelings for Nicole. And seeing her get hot and heavy with Lucas just might do the trick.
Because BD said back in December that he doesn't have a story and called off the dogs in early January. They film 4 months ahead and they were most likely filming March when he tweeted that. Not saying that Lucas and Nicole won't share scenes. Now that he's on the board they might but a triangle or Lucole romance? Unlikely.
Yeah but as slow as they're going with Ericole, if they are going with a triangle it may be April before we start seeing some solid movement. And Lucas is going to be involved in Will and Nick's storyline. Lucas may not be on every day but he is going to be on.

Will&Sonny

esp13
Feb 7 2013, 07:49 PM
Will&Sonny
Honeybees
esp13

Yes, but you're talking logically, and I'm talking about soapy drama.
I'd prefer for my soapy drama to be logical. The two are not mutually exclusive. :shrug:

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Miss Rhi
Feb 7 2013, 01:48 PM
Is Nick going to turn into a paternity test tamperer? Maybe he can ask Sami or her Grandma Caroline for tips!
I believe that will be a part of his dastardly plan.

esp13
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 08:15 PM
esp13
Feb 7 2013, 07:49 PM
Will&Sonny
Honeybees

Yes, but you're talking logically, and I'm talking about soapy drama.
I'd prefer for my soapy drama to be logical. The two are not mutually exclusive. :shrug:
No. But I've found that logic generall impedes drama. If everybody is acting logical and rational then it's usually pretty boring. In any case, I don't think anything that I've speculated is illogical, aside from maybe anybody in Salem believing any paternity test conducted in Salem.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Johnny really is awesome.

I wish someone would remove Sami's annoying gene.

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 7 2013, 08:32 PM

Well, it is her middle name.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 7 2013, 08:35 PM
blueskies
Feb 7 2013, 08:32 PM

Well, it is her middle name.
lol, well played.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I can't say I understand Jen's willingness to forgive and forget as far as Kristen's concerned. I mean, hasn't anyone told her Kristen's using Brady to get back at John and Marlena? If no, then why the heck not? Not to mention everything that happened back in the day.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Nick's getting crazier and crazier as time goes by. I'm starting to get worried though about what it says about me that the crazier he gets, the more I like him.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jen wants to talk to Nicole about Chloe? Well this could be interesting...maybe.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I kind of like Parker, but it always bothers me that little kids on shows are mute. It just always makes me think these parents must be really bad if their kid's like 3 and they're still not talking and they don't seem to notice.

blueskies
Member Avatar

oh gosh, lmao, "Friends don't let friends take paternity tests" is my new mantra. Thanks Will!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply