Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, February 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 09:27 AM (7,098 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

EJ, "Will, if you knew the things that I know, you wouldn't think about Gabi the same way, trust me."

Translation,
EJ, "Will, if you slept with a bunch of crazy b*tches like I did, and had kids with them, you wouldn't trust another woman ever again." "and you'd sleep with a pistol under your pillow and head to toe bullet proof armour."
Edited by blueskies, Feb 7 2013, 08:47 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

kay
Feb 7 2013, 08:18 PM
Miss Rhi
Feb 7 2013, 01:48 PM
Is Nick going to turn into a paternity test tamperer? Maybe he can ask Sami or her Grandma Caroline for tips!
I believe that will be a part of his dastardly plan.
No Caroline stuffed it up...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Why is Jennifer wearing what appears to be an olympic medal around her neck?
Edited by blueskies, Feb 7 2013, 08:50 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Chloe's making me nervous...like she's gonna break Parker's arm to keep Daniel in Salem :-/ Or she'll be like Angie Harmon in that one Lifetime movie where she makes the kids sick and kills them.
Edited by blueskies, Feb 7 2013, 08:57 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Yes Sami, your son's former stepfather buying him a jacket he wants and loves is literally THE END of the world.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 7 2013, 08:37 PM
I can't say I understand Jen's willingness to forgive and forget as far as Kristen's concerned. I mean, hasn't anyone told her Kristen's using Brady to get back at John and Marlena? If no, then why the heck not? Not to mention everything that happened back in the day.
Well, being unwilling to forgive would imply she gives a damn about Jack. And this is not Jennifer Rose.

concerned
Member Avatar

damn .... now I want to see Everett ice skating.

(Maybe him and Hope could put together a little routine in their spare time).
Edited by concerned, Feb 7 2013, 09:06 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 7 2013, 09:05 PM

OMG. THAT COULD BE ELOPE'S THING!

Will&Sonny

esp13
Feb 7 2013, 08:21 PM
Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 08:15 PM
esp13
Feb 7 2013, 07:49 PM
Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 06:55 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepnot the baby's father (an opportunity that he would not have had if Sami and E.J. hadn't encouraged Will to get said paternity test done in the first place).

This seems far-fetched at the moment for a number of reasons -- in addition to the fact that Sami and E.J. are aware that Nick has a history of falsifying paternity tests and should therefore not be trusted around paternity tests ever, there's also the fact that Gabi knows that Will is the only person who could possibly be the father of her baby -- but any number of things could happen before the storyline gets to that point, so if the speculation turns out to be correct, perhaps it won't seem as far-fetched in the end.

I have no doubt that Nick will considerHoneybees, as usual. I hope that they don't go the fake paternity test route again.

As for the rest...I understand why some people are suggesting that Sami and E.J. should be held accountable, but I don't agree with that logic. If all of this speculation actually ends up being true, the blame is still ultimately on Nick and Gabi's shoulders. Nick has been trying to get the baby away from Will since the moment that he learned that Will was the father -- it never had anything to do with Sami's hysterics. If Sami had never suggested the paternity test, Nick would have simply used some other trick to get the baby away from Will.

And while Nick obviously doesn't care about hurting Will, Gabi should know that Sami's behavior doesn't matter, since Will has never indicated that he was going to try to take the baby away from her. If she allows Nick to manipulate her, that's her fault -- Sami can't be blamed simply because she opened the door. To use a purposely bad analogy, even if Sami left the door hanging wide open, Nick and Gabi would still be responsible for choosing to steal everything.

To me, this is like saying that Will should blame himself for trusting Gabi in the first place. It's not his fault if she decides to take that trust and stab him in the back with it.
Yes, but you're talking logically, and I'm talking about soapy drama.
I'd prefer for my soapy drama to be logical. The two are not mutually exclusive. :shrug:
No. But I've found that logic generall impedes drama. If everybody is acting logical and rational then it's usually pretty boring. In any case, I don't think anything that I've speculated is illogical, aside from maybe anybody in Salem believing any paternity test conducted in Salem.
In addition to my aforementioned reasons for believing that such a storyline would be far-fetched, I just think that it would be illogical for Will to blame Sami (or E.J.) for suggesting the paternity test in the first place.

If the paternity test leads Will to truly believe that he is not the father of Gabi's baby, I would expect him to realize that it was better for him to learn that before the baby was born (since they're discussing health risks, let's assume for now that they're planning to do an amnio to determine the baby's paternity), as opposed to learning the truth years later, when he would be far more attached to the child than he already is. In this hypothetical scenario, it would be logical for him to blame Gabi, since she toyed with his emotions and led him to believe that he was the father when he apparently wasn't, but blaming Sami or E.J. wouldn't make sense to me. Later, when Nick's scheme inevitably falls apart and Will learns that Nick falsified the paternity test (and that Gabi went along with it), I would expect him to rightly place the blame on Nick and Gabi, not Sami or E.J.

At no point do I see a logical reason for Will to blame Sami or E.J. for this, other than "because it's drama".
Edited by Will&Sonny, Feb 7 2013, 09:24 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Feb 7 2013, 04:27 PM
So proud of my EJ not giving a shit about that damn FBI jacket. I'm so happy about the metamorphosis that EJ has undergone. In the past he would have probably tried to destroy the jacket and told Sami she needs to get Rafe out of Johnny's life, now he's so secure in his relationship with Sami and how she feels about him that he can do the mature thing and accept that Rafe is part of Johnny's life and the jacket isn't the end of the world. A nice contrast to yesterday with Rafe's behaviour to Sami, it's clear to the audience that despite EJ wanting to give Rafe the benefit of the doubt that Rafe in actuality doesn't deserve it.

I'm still waiting on my sexy time with Ericole. I'm glad Nicole is finally getting to that place, but I'll be super glad when Eric realizes that he still has feelings for Nicole. Let my Thornbirds romance commence!

Nick is still creeping it up. Kudos to Blake for pulling that off so well. Had to lol at that text he sent Lucas. Nick doesn't beat around the bush.
I don't buy for one second that Ej doesn't have an issue with Rafe loving and having a relationship with his kids. Sorry...no way no how.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I would love Lucas & Chloe scheming to split up Dannifer if I didn't think it was destined to end in failure. Ultimately I think it would be a vehicle for them getting back together (Days wouldn't necessarily care if Lucas/Chloe was a good couple in the first place of course). Jennifer/Lucas can't be a couple, therefore Jennifer has to end up with Daniel therefore Lucas and Chloe would have to end up together. If they schemed I think it would just end up being an obstacle that ultimately strengthened Dannifer's true love or whatever.

Jennifer's friendship with Kristen makes no sense, just because nobody liked Stephanie Cameron doesn't mean you can just ignore the way Jennifer's relationship with the Blakes (and everyone's relationship with Kristen) ended. I mean, she (Jennifer) has often been naive to the point of stupidity, but it's one thing to forgive, it's another to fall right back into chumminess. I don't get why she'd ever expect Nicole to confide in her either, simply because they want to clear the air between them.
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Feb 7 2013, 09:54 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Feb 7 2013, 09:27 PM
AngelOB
So proud of my EJ not giving a shit about that damn FBI jacket. I'm so happy about the metamorphosis that EJ has undergone. In the past he would have probably tried to destroy the jacket and told Sami she needs to get Rafe out of Johnny's life, now he's so secure in his relationship with Sami and how she feels about him that he can do the mature thing and accept that Rafe is part of Johnny's life and the jacket isn't the end of the world. A nice contrast to yesterday with Rafe's behaviour to Sami, it's clear to the audience that despite EJ wanting to give Rafe the benefit of the doubt that Rafe in actuality doesn't deserve it.

I'm still waiting on my sexy time with Ericole. I'm glad Nicole is finally getting to that place, but I'll be super glad when Eric realizes that he still has feelings for Nicole. Let my Thornbirds romance commence!

Nick is still creeping it up. Kudos to Blake for pulling that off so well. Had to lol at that text he sent Lucas. Nick doesn't beat around the bush.
I don't buy for one second that Ej doesn't have an issue with Rafe loving and having a relationship with his kids. Sorry...no way no how.
After his eye cancer, Johnny smiling and calling out "Rafe!" was enough for EJ to break his promise to God by having Sami raped, Allie bullied, and Rafe put through hell. The arrow on my B.S. detector just spun so fast it flew off.

Will&Sonny

Someone needs to tell Bryan Dattilo that the word is "whirlwind", not "worldwind".

Lady Evol

supercool74
Feb 7 2013, 04:16 PM
LOL! My husband walked into the room, saw Jennifer and said "what is she doing? Trying to grow old gracefully?" then proceeded to comment on the gray in her hair. Wow, if my husband notices something like that, it must be bad.
HAHAHAHA my husband is the same about Jennifer!

esp13
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 09:23 PM
esp13
Will&Sonny
esp13

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepnot the baby's father (an opportunity that he would not have had if Sami and E.J. hadn't encouraged Will to get said paternity test done in the first place).

This seems far-fetched at the moment for a number of reasons -- in addition to the fact that Sami and E.J. are aware that Nick has a history of falsifying paternity tests and should therefore not be trusted around paternity tests ever, there's also the fact that Gabi knows that Will is the only person who could possibly be the father of her baby -- but any number of things could happen before the storyline gets to that point, so if the speculation turns out to be correct, perhaps it won't seem as far-fetched in the end.

I have no doubt that Nick will considerHoneybees, as usual. I hope that they don't go the fake paternity test route again.

As for the rest...I understand why some people are suggesting that Sami and E.J. should be held accountable, but I don't agree with that logic. If all of this speculation actually ends up being true, the blame is still ultimately on Nick and Gabi's shoulders. Nick has been trying to get the baby away from Will since the moment that he learned that Will was the father -- it never had anything
I'd prefer for my soapy drama to be logical. The two are not mutually exclusive. :shrug:
No. But I've found that logic generall impedes drama. If everybody is acting logical and rational then it's usually pretty boring. In any case, I don't think anything that I've speculated is illogical, aside from maybe anybody in Salem believing any paternity test conducted in Salem.
In addition to my aforementioned reasons for believing that such a storyline would be far-fetched, I just think that it would be illogical for Will to blame Sami (or E.J.) for suggesting the paternity test in the first place.

If the paternity test leads Will to truly believe that he is not the father of Gabi's baby, I would expect him to realize that it was better for him to learn that before the baby was born (since they're discussing health risks, let's assume for now that they're planning to do an amnio to determine the baby's paternity), as opposed to learning the truth years later, when he would be far more attached to the child than he already is. In this hypothetical scenario, it would be logical for him to blame Gabi, since she toyed with his emotions and led him to believe that he was the father when he apparently wasn't, but blaming Sami or E.J. wouldn't make sense to me. Later, when Nick's scheme inevitably falls apart and Will learns that Nick falsified the paternity test (and that Gabi went along with it), I would expect him to rightly place the blame on Nick and Gabi, not Sami or E.J.

At no point do I see a logical reason for Will to blame Sami or E.J. for this, other than "because it's drama".
Sigh. I wasn't talking about Will blaming Sami or EJ. I'm sure he wouldn't if for no other reason than by the time it all comes out, the way it all started will have been forgotten. I was talking about a series of steps/decisions that lead to things going boom. I think it would be soapy if Sami's overactive protective streak is what pushes Gabi to go along with Nick's scheme. That's all. I would never expect Will to blame Sami, although depending on how overboard Sami goes, I'd be okay with him disowning her in general.

Cathangel

Matt
Feb 7 2013, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure what's going on in the writers' room, but the day-to-day breakdowns for these most recent episodes are fabulous. Everything just seems to flow together in ways that are far less jarring than they used to be. It wasn't so long ago that you'd have 1 story 1 day, another story the next day, and NO ONE or NO story managed to bleed over from episode to episode. Lately, however, it seems those episode transitions are seamless (which is at it should be). IMO, it makes for a much more engaging show.
The addition of Lorraine Broderick is the answer you're looking for. ;)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 7 2013, 09:08 PM
concerned
Feb 7 2013, 09:05 PM

OMG. THAT COULD BE ELOPE'S THING!
That would involve a new portmanteau & tag line.

Everett's no crook.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

AngelOB

I'm so glad I went through this thread before posting. You saved me a lot of time.

#COSIGN

WillFan
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
esp13
Will&Sonny
esp13

As for the rest...I understand why some people are suggesting that Sami and E.J. should be held accountable, but I don't agree with that logic. If all of this speculation actually ends up being true, the blame is still ultimately on Nick and Gabi's shoulders. Nick has been trying to get the baby away from Will since the moment that he learned that Will was the father -- it never had anything

Maybe the baby get sick and needs Will's blood or bone marrow.
Then the truth comes out that Nick falsified the paternity test and Gabi went along with it.
And the truth about Gabi's crimes come out as well and she is declared an unfit mother.That how Will and Sonny get the baby.
Nick is on probation and so he would get sent back to prison.BB contract is up in May and with the filming Nick should air into
Aug. sweeps.

Will&Sonny

esp13
Feb 8 2013, 12:11 AM
Will&Sonny
esp13
Will&Sonny

Sigh. I wasn't talking about Will blaming Sami or EJ. I'm sure he wouldn't if for no other reason than by the time it all comes out, the way it all started will have been forgotten. I was talking about a series of steps/decisions that lead to things going boom. I think it would be soapy if Sami's overactive protective streak is what pushes Gabi to go along with Nick's scheme. That's all. I would never expect Will to blame Sami, although depending on how overboard Sami goes, I'd be okay with him disowning her in general.
Fair enough -- I thought that I had made it clear that I was talking about the show placing blame, not the audience (I did state at one point that I understood the logic of the people who were claiming that Sami would be responsible for Will losing the baby -- I simply disagree with that logic).

Audience members placing blame on characters is one thing -- that happens all of the time, and I often disagree with the rationale of those audience members (as you've probably seen before, I vehemently disagree with any suggestion that Sami and Will were directly or indirectly responsible for Arianna's death, as just one example), but that's life.

Characters placing blame would be an entirely different matter, though, and that's what I was objecting to. I wouldn't want to watch that because it would be illogical, IMO -- "soapy drama" or not, it would still be illogical. I already have to deal with one illogical storyline involving Sami and E.J. -- I'm not really eager to add another one to my plate any time soon, especially one that involves my favorite character on the show.

Sorry for the confusion!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply