Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, February 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 09:27 AM (7,224 Views)
Will&Sonny

I forgot to mention this earlier, but am I the only one who thought that it was kind of dumb for Daniel and Jennifer to assume that they could give Chloe a few contact numbers and manage to keep their exact location a secret? I'm guessing that she'd be able to recognize the area codes, since she lived in Chicago.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 10:37 PM
Someone needs to tell Bryan Dattilo that the word is "whirlwind", not "worldwind".
someone need to say it to the editers if it was not in script actor make mistake they no longer reshoot it and they just reshoot if it just does not good they do not notice the words

MericP
Member Avatar

Nick is my favorite on this show right now.

I was following the discussion about the possibility of a paternity falsification scenario and have to wonder-

How quick Will would run the moment he finds out he isn't the daddy. Bet he would be gone quicker then Maury could say Will, you are not the father'.

Psycho Nick is acting more like he wants this baby than Will does. Ugh, I abhor Will. What a dumbass chump.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Grant A. Johnson
Scriptwriter: Carolyn Culliton

Segment 1: Eric asks Nicole if something is wrong. Nicole gives a work-related excuse. Eric thinks it should be easy for her. Nicole retorts that she's computer smart, life-smart not so much. Eric knows she was trying to help him when she tried to setup Kristen and he's sorry it backfired on her but maybe she should have talked to him first. Nicole - You would have encouraged me not to interfere. Eric - Maybe, but you know there's nothing you can't talk to me about. Nicole asks him to leave her alone.

Lucas is in the square on the phone with Allie. When he's done on the call Chloe tells him he's still a wonderful father. Lucas heard she was back in town. Chloe - Yeah, long time no see. I'm guessing you wish it were longer.

Dan is at his apartment staring at the picture of Parker on his phone when he opens the door to Jen who immediately kisses him. This is me picking up where we left off last night.

EJ and Johhny are at the coffeeshop. Johnny is enjoying his hot chocolate. He thinks Sydney is going to be upset she's missing this. EJ wanted it to be just the two of them, man and man. Johnny - Rafe calls me dude. Will Rafe be at mommy's when we get back there. EJ doubts it, why is he asking? Johnny - I told him my FBI jacket got too little; he's going to get me a bigger one.

Will asks why he needs a paternity test; everyone knows he's the father. Sami says everyone knows that because that is what Gabi is saying; what if she decides to say something different. Will - She wouldn't. Sami - You don't know that. She's going to be with Nick and they might get married and what if she decides when the baby comes that that is the easiest way to get rid of you; put Nick's name down as the father on your daughter's birth certificate. Will - Gabi is not going to put Nick's name on the birth certificate. Sami - I don't see there being a problem with you protecting your own rights. Will points out that Gabi wants me to be a part of my baby's life, so does Nick. Sami - You're 100% sure of that? Will - Yes. Sami - Then why not get the paternity test, have it in writing. Will - Because I'm the father and even if Nick and Gabi want to pretend otherwise it doesn't matter, I'm the father. Sami - You don't think it matters if Gabi puts Nick's name down on the baby's birth certificate. Will - I guess if that happens I would ask for a paternity test. Sami - I know more about paternity tests than anyone you know and I'm telling you right now if Gabi puts Nick's name down as the father the burden of proof falls on you. If she doesn't want a paternity test you're going to have to get a court order to get one and if you think that's easy, you're wrong. Will - I think you're making things up so I'll do whatever you want. Sami - Don't believe me, ask EJ's lawyer. I get it. You like Gabi but she's a girl and she wants the man she loves to be the father to her child. And in this situation Nick wants that too. You've seen them together. Nick can talk her into anything. Johnny and EJ return. EJ asks how things are here. Sami is going to get Johnny cleaned up. EJ asks Will how everything's going. Will - Great. Mom has this insane idea that I need to demand Gabi gets a paternity test. EJ tells him that's exactly what he should do.

Gabi tells Rafe they can't take the baby away from her, she'd want to die. Rafe - That's exactly why you have to take this seriously. Gabi - Are you saying I shouldn't marry Nick? Rafe - I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just telling you that you have to face reality and the reality is if you and Will and Nick get into a custody battle, Will is going to use every weapon he has and Nick's past is a weapon. Gabi - Will would never do something like that to me. Rafe - Maybe he wouldn't have before but now Sami is involved and trust me, she will find a way to convince him that this is what he has to do.

Segment 2: Eric can see that Nicole is upset; is it something Kristen said? Nicole - Like I would let her get to me. Eric - You said that before but you seem so different since you spoke with her. I go way back with that lady; I know what she's capable of. If she threatened you ... Nicole snaps - She didn't. I'm in a mood. Would you leave it alone! Eric can't because Kristen has the talent for saying the one thing that can get under someone's skin. Nicole recalls Kristen telling her not to fall in love with a priest. She admits that Eric is right. Kristen did say something that got to me.

Lucas - Is that why you came back? Because you found out Daniel is the father after all. Chloe - Did you talk to Philip. Yeah. Chloe - It turns out people were lining up to mess with the paternity results. Lucas - Really? Someone went behind your back to betray you! Upstanding person like yourself. Chloe - How's Philip? Lucas - How do you think he is? Chloe - I didn't do this to him. Lucas - Maybe you didn't mean it but you're kind of like a whirlwind. Enter a guy's life, knock everything down and you keep on going. Chloe was hoping they were at the point where they could have a polite conversation but she guesses not. Lucas - Don't flatter yourself, I'm over you. Chloe knows but finding out that Daniel is the father of the child you thought of as your nephew is probably not your favourite news. Lucas - You may have Daniel's son but you sure blew it with him, didn't you? Chloe - Not that you're gloating. Lucas - Actually I'd like you two to get back together. You deserve each other. Not only that, he'd have to leave my sister the hell alone. He leaves.

Jen assures Dan she understands about last night. She's so happy he got to hear his son call him Daddy. Speaking of picking up where they left off, Aunt Maggie told her that she told Chloe she would look after Parker tonight. She also checked Dan's schedule and he has no surgeries tomorrow so she called Brady. He's been talking about you and I and him and Kristen going on this double date. Kristen has connections to get to the front of the line at the hottest club in Chicago. Dan - It sure is long drive back. Jen - Yes but you would only have to go as far as East Walton Place. There's a hotel there overlooking the lake. She made a reservation, one room. Are we on? They are. Dan has to go over and see Parker before they leave. Jen has a few errands to do before they leave.

Gabi doesn't care what Sami says, Nick is not the same person he used to be. Rafe - A prison record is a prison record. It's not like he was in jail for fraud; we're talking about a violent crime. Gabi doesn't care. Nick is the most gentle person I've ever met. I want to spend my life with him and I want to have a baby of our own with him and if I want him to raise this baby with me, shouldn't that make a difference to a judge? Outside the door Nick recalls Lucas shouting - Man, I went to prison for you. Nick leaves. Rafe - I know you love Nick. I just want you to be aware of the fact that being with him can have consequences that you may not like. Sami is not going to give in on this. You don't have a choice. Gabi - Why do things have to be like this? This is the whole reason why Nick and I wanted to say the baby is his; so our families wouldn't go into this battle. Now that's exactly what's happening.

EJ - Your mother and I both know a great deal about custody fights. Will - Yeah, with each other. EJ shrugs - We both care very passionately about our children. Neither of us wants to spend a night away from them. That is something you're going to understand very clearly when you have your daughter. When children are the issue, these situations can become incredibly volatile and very emotional. That's why you need to arm yourself with the facts because in a situation like this if you have a legal document that says you are this child's father that can offer you as much protection as a suit of armour.

Segment 3: Nicole tells Eric that Kristen did threaten her. She wasn't going to make an issue of her planting stolen documents on her computer unless she did something else to her, then she would come down hard on me. Eric - She means it. You do not want to mess with her. Nicole - Helping you and Brady made me feel so good about myself. Eric - And now you don't. Do you want to talk about it? Nicole - No. You asked me what was wrong and I told you. Eric - You were trying to help me and I pushed you away. Nicole - This isn't about you. Just leave me alone, drop it. Eric - Fine. I'm sorry I pushed you to talk. I was just trying to help. He leaves the rectory. When she hears the door open she thinks it's Eric, but it's Jennifer. Is this a bad time? Nicole - What are you doing here? Jen came to see her if that's okay. I want to talk to you about Chloe.

Dan lets Parker hear his own heartbeat. Chloe comes in and watches them together. Chloe joins them on the coach. Dan hears that Maggie is taking over tonight so she can get some rest. He knows because Maggie told Jen. So now that I know you're covered, I've made some plans. Chloe - Are they with Jennifer? Dan - Yes they are.

Gabi - Everything is such a mess now. You and Sami probably would have been together if it hadn't been for this. Rafe - Listen, if Sami and I couldn't figure out a way to get through this then we don't deserve to be together. Gabi - You don't mean that. Rafe does. I've been trying to sell myself on this version of Sami that doesn't even exist. Besides, she's back with EJ. Gabi - That's awful. Rafe - No, it's good. They deserve each other.

EJ - Meet with this attorney that I retained for you. Will - I understood most of what you're saying but I consider Gabi my friend and I trust her. I don't ask my friends to take paternity tests. EJ - That's commendable. I just hope your faith in Gabi is well placed. Will - It is. EJ - As far as you know. Will - Everyone is hinting at something Gabi has done that I don't know about, so why don't you enlighten me? EJ - Your mother doesn't know the details and I'm not allowed to discuss it. Will - Who says you're not allowed? EJ - I do. If you knew the things that I know you wouldn't think about Gabi the sami way. Trust me. Sami - If she's really that trustworthy than she won't have a problem with taking a paternity test. Will - How am I supposed to broach the subject. Hey, I just want to make sure the kid is mine. Is that alright? Sami - She'd rather hear it from you now than a judge later. Will - If I do this, I do it my way. I'll figure out what to say and do it myself. Sami - I promise you that you will not regret this. Will is going to go. Sami asks if he's okay. Will - I don't know. Somebody telling me this, somebody telling me that, everyone is running around in circles. I'm just going to put it all on the table and figure it out. He leaves.

Nick is holding up a pen. And this will record everything. The guy says yeah. Nick has this professor that drones on and on ... The guy tells him it's voice activated. It records up to eight hours. Nick - So even if I'm slumped over in my chair it will still catch the whole lecture. Yeah, and it's also a transmitter. If you send the pen with a friend to class you can listen on your PC at home. Nick tests it out. He will take it. Do you have any of those disposable phones, do you? They do. Nick is pleased.

Segment 4: Chloe was thinking that Parker is really taking to him now; she'd hate to do anything to stop that progress. So would Dan. Chloe - If you're going to be gone for a whole day he might be uncomfortable with you the next time he sees you and you might have to start all over again. Dan won't let Parker forget him ever again but he is going away tonight. Chloe - I thought maybe if he could spend the night with you ... Dan says that Maggie and Victor are looking forward to this. Tomorrow afternoon he'll put a bed in Parker's room so they can hang out for a night. Chloe - Sounds great. Dan says that she and Maggie will have the number where he'll be and she can always call him on his cell. Chloe - Let's just hope he has a better night than he did last night. He says goodbye to Parker and leaves.

Nicole - Why would I discuss Chloe with you? Jen - You and Chloe are friends and I thought you could give me a little insight as to what she wants. Look, I know I don't like you and you don't like me but I thought when you apologised you gave me the idea that you wanted to make some sort of amends for what we went through together. Now's your chance. You can help me not go through this nightmare again.

Brady and Gabi are now downstairs in the pub. He's sorry for dumping this on her. It wouldn't have felt right not to say anything. Gabi can't believe that he's thinking of her after what happened with Sami. Rafe - Would you forget her, you're my sister and that's my niece right in there. Two of the most important people in the world to me. They hug. Nick comes in. He notices Rafe is getting ready to leave. Sorry I missed you. Rafe - I guess you're going to be stuck with my beautiful sister. After Rafe leaves Nick asks what's wrong. Gabi tells him they have to talk about something. Nick - Whatever it is, guaranteed we're going to be okay. Will comes in. Hey, I'm glad you guys are here because there's something I kind of want to talk to you about.

Segment 5: Lucas walks up to the nurses station. Eric shakes his hand and thanks him for meeting him here. I have a parishoner going into surgery. Lucas hopes everything goes alright. Is this about raising funds for the new school? Eric talked to Billie before she left and she said you might be interested in taking her spot on the board. You seem reluctant. Lucas - I am. Nicole works in the church office, right. I'll serve on the board under one condition. You make sure she and I are never in the same room together, I mean ever.

Nicole isn't going to talk about Chloe behind her back to Jen. Jen guesses it's too early for Nicole to confide in her. This is about Daniel's happiness as much as it is mine. I know you still care about him so think about something for me. Do you think Chloe ending up with Daniel is the best thing for him? As Jen is leaving Nicole says - Watch yourself. Don't give her anything that she can use against you, anything at all.

Chloe is muttering to herself complaining about Jen having Daniel right where she wants him. She picks up his stethoscope - Does she?

EJ tells Sami that Johnny has been talking to Rafe. Rafe has promised to get him a bigger FBI jacket. Sami declares that this is not happening.

Nick, Gabi and Will sit down. Gabi says it sounds serious. Will says it doesn't have to be. We all want what's best for the baby and you still want me to be a part of the baby's life ... Gabi - Yeah. Nick - So what's this about? Will - The thing is I think Mom and EJ ... I think that we should get a paternity test before the baby is born. Gabi - What!

Segment 6: Dan is over at Jen's house. He pulls out a piece of paper with the contact info to give to Chloe. He is going to put their bags in the car. Jen sees the paper and asks him what it is. He promised Chloe he'd give her contact info. Jen asks if Chloe knows they're going to Chicago. No, all she knows is that they're going out tonight. I just got a couple of numbers for her. Nothing is going to spoil our night. He goes to the car. There's a knock on the door. It's Chloe. Can I come in?

Eric - Your feelings are your feelings and I can't do anything to change that. I do think Nicole sincerely wants to change the way she lives her life though. Lucas - Whatever you say. Eric - Does this mean you don't want to be on the board because I can't guarantee that you won't run into Nicole. Lucas - Billie wants me to do it and it's good cause. I'll do it. Eric - I don't want any scenes between you and Nicole. Lucas - There won't be any. What you said about Nicole changing, I'll believe that when I see it. He leaves. Eric goes in to see his patient. Nicole stops when she hears his voice.

Gabi - I don't see why this is necessary. I've never denied that you're the baby's father. Will - I know. I'm so sorry but I've changed a lot since I found out you were pregnant. I used to want to run away from it but now I don't. I want it on record. I want to make it legal. I want this little girl to know that before she was even born I was proud to say that I am her father. Gabi - Your mom and EJ pushed you into this. I can't believe that you let them. Nick - That's okay. I think I understand where EJ and your mom are coming from. Before the wedding you had said and we had all decided that you were going to bow out. Now that you feel differently I think they're just trying to protect you. Will - Yeah! Trust me, they've been through this a lot. Nick - So if the paternity test isn't going to hurt Gabi or the baby I don't see why it should be a problem. Will - Thank you. I honestly didn't expect you to say that. Gabi - Neither did I. Nick - We all need to think about what is going to be best for the baby and I intend to make sure that's exactly what happens.

Chloe pulls out Dan's stethoscope. He left it when he was visiting Parker. Jen thanks her. She'll make sure Dan gets it. Chloe wants to talk to her. Last night really changed everything for Daniel and Parker. They're officially father and son now. Jen - I know and it's wonderful. Chloe - Anyway I just want to make sure they get to spend as much time together as possible. Jen agrees and you should call Daniel in the morning and set something up. We have plans tonight. They're set in stone; we can't really change them. Chloe - Okay. Daniel said he was going to give me the info on where you guys are going. I can just get that from you, right? Jen - You have his cell phone number right? Chloe - Yeah but you never know about cell phones. The battery could die or he could leave it somewhere. I think it's really important to know where Daniel is at all times just in case.

Segment 7: Nicole watches Eric pray with the patient. A nurse asks if she can help her. Nicole has some flyers from St Luke's. She was going to leave them in the chapel but there's a service going on in there. The nurse will have them put in there later. Nicole watches Eric and then steps away and tells herself - You can't have feelings for this man, you can't!

Jen agrees that she should know where they're going to be. They're going to be here in town at Club Inferno. Chloe knows that place. Jen - If that's everything ... Dan returns. Chloe, what are you doing here?

Sami can't believe that Rafe is working Johnny to get back at her. EJ didn't tell her this so she would suddenly start being angry with Rafe. Sami can't help but be angry. He's using that little boy to cause problems for us. EJ - Possibly. I don't like when anyone gives my son an FBI jacket, especially your ex-husband. But I can't change the fact that Johnny loves that jacket. He just does. Sami - The problem is that he loves Rafe. EJ - Maybe he does but I don't think Rafe is using Johnny to get in between you and me. He cares about Johnny and he cares about Sydney and I understand why and I'm fine with that. Sami - You're not threatened by him at all? EJ - Not at all.

Will thanks Nick for being so understanding about this. Nick - All I've ever cared about is Gabi and the baby. Gabi will talk to her doctor and if he says it isn't dangerous, I guess it's okay. Nick - So we're good? Will - Yeah. Nick has some stuff to do so he'll see them later. Will shakes his hand and thanks him. As he's leaving Nick drops the surveillance pen into Will's backpack. Will - Just so you know I was really scared about talking to you and Nick about this. Gabi - If it's what you want ... Will - What I want is for us not to have a big fight. That's the last thing I want.

Upstairs Nick locks the door to Gabi's door.

In the square Lucas gets a text. I know what you did to EJ DiMera. He looks around - What the hell!

Back in Gabi's room Nick holds the disponsable cell in his hand and smiles.

esp13
Member Avatar

Nick is so, so changing those paternity results. It may not be his first plan (because the blackmail obviously is) but it's going to be his backup plan. He's already laid the ground work by being the one to convince Gabi to have the test done in the first place. And we can already see Gabi getting worried about Sami and now Sami's influence on Will.

It'a actually all being put together rather well. I love the irony of the fact that Gabi and Will don't have a problem, everybody around them does and they are both allowing themselves to be influenced by others in a way that is going to produce this huge conflict.

So, my guess is that Nick's blackmail backfires in some way and, in retribution, word gets out about what Gabi did to Melanie. Team Will is going to make some threat/push for full custody and that's going to be the tipping point for Gabi to agree to let Nick alter the paternity tests.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 8 2013, 10:37 AM
Nick is so, so changing those paternity results. It may not be his first plan (because the blackmail obviously is) but it's going to be his backup plan. He's already laid the ground work by being the one to convince Gabi to have the test done in the first place. And we can already see Gabi getting worried about Sami and now Sami's influence on Will.

It'a actually all being put together rather well. I love the irony of the fact that Gabi and Will don't have a problem, everybody around them does and they are both allowing themselves to be influenced by others in a way that is going to produce this huge conflict.

So, my guess is that Nick's blackmail backfires in some way and, in retribution, word gets out about what Gabi did to Melanie. Team Will is going to make some threat/push for full custody and that's going to be the tipping point for Gabi to agree to let Nick alter the paternity tests.
I'm also pretty impressed how they are laying down threads that may not have an immediate impact, but certainly will later on. Like you said, Nick's first play is likely intimidating #TeamWill by making it clear that they use Nick's criminal past in a custody fight, then #TeamGabi will have a very similar card to play. It's not a bad play, but Nick may have miscalculated the response to his threat by #TeamWill. It's just going to incite them more, especially Sami. If she feels there is the possiblity of Will getting thrown in jail, she's going to lash out and make more threats. And like you said, these additional threats will be what makes Gabi agree to switch the paternity test. To this end, it may not have been a miscalculation on Nick's part at all. That is, he may have wanted the tension to escalate so that Gabi would agree to switch the results. In that way, the jail threat could've been a calculated play to incite Sami. I'd love that - very Machiavellian.

To me, Gabi and Will make perfect pawns. Gabi has been insecure and malleable for quite awhile, so it's not surprising that she's simply a puppet in all this. And Will has consistently been very naive. Even when he tried to be more sinister (like when he tried to blackmail EJ), it became clear that he's not a born schemer. At the end of the day, he simply doesn't have much evilness in him and that makes it hard for him to understand and predict what evil people will do.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 8 2013, 11:13 AM
esp13

I'm also pretty impressed how they are laying down threads that may not have an immediate impact, but certainly will later on. Like you said, Nick's first play is likely intimidating #TeamWill by making it clear that they use Nick's criminal past in a custody fight, then #TeamGabi will have a very similar card to play. It's not a bad play, but Nick may have miscalculated the response to his threat by #TeamWill. It's just going to incite them more, especially Sami. If she feels there is the possiblity of Will getting thrown in jail, she's going to lash out and make more threats. And like you said, these additional threats will be what makes Gabi agree to switch the paternity test. To this end, it may not have been a miscalculation on Nick's part at all. That is, he may have wanted the tension to escalate so that Gabi would agree to switch the results. In that way, the jail threat could've been a calculated play to incite Sami. I'd love that - very Machiavellian.

To me, Gabi and Will make perfect pawns. Gabi has been insecure and malleable for quite awhile, so it's not surprising that she's simply a puppet in all this. And Will has consistently been very naive. Even when he tried to be more sinister (like when he tried to blackmail EJ), it became clear that he's not a born schemer. At the end of the day, he simply doesn't have much evilness in him and that makes it hard for him to understand and predict what evil people will do.
Excellent points. EJ and Sami, OTOH, are experts at predicting the schemes that the other side may come up with, because the two of them have done just about everything. Lucas should be just as wary, but so far he's advocating not rocking the boat...it will be interesting to see if his attitude changes. I continue to be amazed at how much I'm enjoying the umbrella facet of this story, because I originally thought it was one of the lamest, most predictable things they could write.

cord08

At this point, I think a paternity switch would be stupid. Gabi's doctor (and others, thanks to Chad) know that Gabi got pregnant before Nick got out of prison. Also, if these people are going to trust a paternity test where Nick is involved...come on. I don't want everyone to be dumbed down to Brady levels.

esp13
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 8 2013, 11:27 AM
At this point, I think a paternity switch would be stupid. Gabi's doctor (and others, thanks to Chad) know that Gabi got pregnant before Nick got out of prison. Also, if these people are going to trust a paternity test where Nick is involved...come on. I don't want everyone to be dumbed down to Brady levels.
Yes, but I don't think they are going to change the test to make Nick the father. As you point out, that would be dumb. But Nick doesn't have to be the father to make this work, it just has to not be Will. And since the only DNA test will be Will and the baby, they just have to have a story.

So, assuming Gabi's role in Melanie's kidnapping comes out before the paternity switch (even if it is just Will and Sami learning the whole story) then it would be easy for Nick and Gabi to say the baby was Andrew's. That was what Chad suspected anyway and there would already be an established connection. When Rafe/Will/etc. ask why she lied, she can just say she knew Nick was the father and knew that if she said it was Andrew the truth about Melanie would come out. So she pointed the finger at Will because they had sex in the right timeframe.

It's a story that everyone would believe because it actually makes sense. As for the DNA test, it's already well established that nobody in Salem questions a DNA result even if they should. It's one of those things, like the bad guy never going to jail, that is just a Salem fact. Hopefully, they'll be smart enough to give a story that is at least semi-plausible.

and, as I've said before, I like that it is escalating paranoia on both sides that leads to this. I would love the ultimate lesson to have been that if Sami, Rafe, et. al. would have just kept their noses out of things, Gabi and Will would have probably worked it out -- even with Nick's asshatedness.

esp13
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 8 2013, 11:26 AM
tomsawyer
esp13

Excellent points. EJ and Sami, OTOH, are experts at predicting the schemes that the other side may come up with, because the two of them have done just about everything. Lucas should be just as wary, but so far he's advocating not rocking the boat...it will be interesting to see if his attitude changes. I continue to be amazed at how much I'm enjoying the umbrella facet of this story, because I originally thought it was one of the lamest, most predictable things they could write.
Sure, they may predict the other side's actions, but they have two things going against them. First, Sami at least is expecting Gabi to act like Sami which Gabi (thus far) has not and, therefore, instead of anticipating moves, Sami is actually causing them. Second, Sami (and EJ) have a long history of having their plans blow up in their faces. I love that ultimately they are making things worse, not better.

Pookie
Member Avatar

The whole "switch the paternity test" would be hands down the dumbest move ever in this story. Someone commented before, everyone in Salem knows that Nick has a history of tampering with tests. Not to mention, just about everyone involved in this story line are intimately familiar with that trick. I think "paternity test all stars" was the phrase used. Everyone's brains would have to fall out of their heads for ANYONE to buy it. It would dumb down the story severely. There is enough inherent conflict in this story already to last for years. The writers don't need to resort to such a stale staple.

And aren't we forgetting that Nick's prison past is about to come and haunt him in the next few weeks. Spoilers say it will send him spiriling out of control. I think (and hope) that this whole paternity test discussion is a red herring for fans and they'll end up taking the story in an entirely different direction. And it seems to me they are sewing the seeds of people in Nick's life noticing that his behavior is not normal. Even people that care about him. Personally, I think the story is leading to Nick having a psychotic breakdown before the end of this.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 8 2013, 11:44 AM
gailwinters
Sure, they may predict the other side's actions, but they have two things going against them. First, Sami at least is expecting Gabi to act like Sami which Gabi (thus far) has not and, therefore, instead of anticipating moves, Sami is actually causing them. Second, Sami (and EJ) have a long history of having their plans blow up in their faces. I love that ultimately they are making things worse, not better.
The problem with Sami is that she is so ruled by her emotions. Yes, she has a definite evil streak that allows her to be a more sinister plotter than say somebody like Will, but she also gets angry, projects, overreacts, etc. and all of these emotions make her much less effective in the end.

I'm actually very curious to see how Elvis handles himself in all of this. Like Sami, he becomes much less effective when his emotions are involved. But the thing that always caused his emotions to go out-of-control (his battle with Sami) is resolved, so I wonder if he can be effective again. Prior to falling in love with her in 2007, he was actually quite methodical in his schemes. And his non-Sami related schemes (such as stealing the pensions and winning the mayor's race) were also pretty effective. So now that Elvis is not consumed with anger from his unrequited love, will he be a more formidable opponent?

elci525
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 8 2013, 11:44 AM
gailwinters
tomsawyer
esp13

This is such a pity, because I fundamentally love Will and enjoy other members of his Team. But the opportunity to see plots blow up in Sami and/or EJ's face is much too priceless a thing to pass up! I want to see this happen.

And I agree 150% about how Sami anticipating moves that would likely not come to pass were she not involved, will making things exponentially worse. The problem with preemptive strikes. And this is awesome. T'will give the opportunity to dislike Sami even more. And this miss crabby pants kvetches any chance she gets.

As far as EJ's effectiveness, I can see his having an emotional Achilles heel. Not motivated but frustration or anger I guess, but the opposite actually. So far, he seems intent with agreeing on Sami on all things custody/parental rights/Will related. Whether he is agreeing b/c he genuinely agrees, or b/c he isn't at least partially wanting to please Sami, or some combination of both - I can see him getting in trouble in this sense. Like ruling by committee or something. He is a lawyer and for all his flaws is an intelligent man, so one would think his experience and brain would win out in the end.

Just show me Sami with a bombed out scheme exploded before her, and I have to admit I'd be a pretty happy camper.
Edited by elci525, Feb 8 2013, 12:44 PM.

Will&Sonny

Pookie
Feb 8 2013, 12:03 PM
The whole "switch the paternity test" would be hands down the dumbest move ever in this story. Someone commented before, everyone in Salem knows that Nick has a history of tampering with tests. Not to mention, just about everyone involved in this story line are intimately familiar with that trick. I think "paternity test all stars" was the phrase used. Everyone's brains would have to fall out of their heads for ANYONE to buy it. It would dumb down the story severely. There is enough inherent conflict in this story already to last for years. The writers don't need to resort to such a stale staple.

And aren't we forgetting that Nick's prison past is about to come and haunt him in the next few weeks. Spoilers say it will send him spiriling out of control. I think (and hope) that this whole paternity test discussion is a red herring for fans and they'll end up taking the story in an entirely different direction. And it seems to me they are sewing the seeds of people in Nick's life noticing that his behavior is not normal. Even people that care about him. Personally, I think the story is leading to Nick having a psychotic breakdown before the end of this.
Yeah, I completely agree. I will continue to hold out hope that a falsified paternity test will not be in this storyline's future, or, at the very least, that such a plan will not work for even one day, because let's face it -- that would be completely ridiculous, and I don't want that for what is, as far as I'm concerned, the best storyline on the show right now.

Oh, and no -- I, for one, haven't forgotten about the fact that Nick's past is about to come back to haunt him. In fact, I've been looking forward to it, because I can't wait for Nick's downfall to commence and for someone to wipe that smug look off of his homophobic face. I don't have a single ounce of sympathy for Nick, and I intend to relish every moment of his well-deserved comeuppance.

Will&Sonny

MericP
Feb 8 2013, 09:43 AM
Nick is my favorite on this show right now.

I was following the discussion about the possibility of a paternity falsification scenario and have to wonder-

How quick Will would run the moment he finds out he isn't the daddy. Bet he would be gone quicker then Maury could say Will, you are not the father'.

Psycho Nick is acting more like he wants this baby than Will does. Ugh, I abhor Will. What a dumbass chump.
The bolded portion above is the only part that I agree with. Nick is acting like he wants this baby. Will is acting like he loves his baby. There is a major difference.

As for the rest, I couldn't possibly disagree more.

Will&Sonny

Partnersincrime
Feb 8 2013, 08:20 AM
Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 10:37 PM
Someone needs to tell Bryan Dattilo that the word is "whirlwind", not "worldwind".
someone need to say it to the editers if it was not in script actor make mistake they no longer reshoot it and they just reshoot if it just does not good they do not notice the words
Oh, I realize that actors make mistakes. I also realize that viewers (including me) make snarky comments about those mistakes. That's all that my comment was -- it wasn't meant to be a mean-spirited dig at Bryan Dattilo. I could say the same thing about a mistake that Chandler Massey made in the same episode (he momentarily slipped into what was, I'm assuming, his natural southern accent for a word or two near the end of the episode, when he was talking about wanting his daughter to know that he had been proud to call himself her father before she had even been born), and he's my absolute favorite actor on the entire show. I'm an equal-opportunity snarker, and Chandler's mistake just made him even more endearing, anyway.

However, I'm sure that the editors probably noticed those mistakes; they were both quite noticeable. They were also both too minor to warrant going back and redoing the entire scene just to correct them.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Feb 8 2013, 07:49 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply