Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sonny and Will's Confusion
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 07:24 PM (5,484 Views)
cockymom
Member Avatar

Andreas_BopeFan
Feb 8 2013, 03:12 AM
Then it darn well be amazing songs on that MP3 player!! lol. WilSon bond over the songs and gets interrupted by Brian- love it! It's always good to see Brian onscreen.
Maybe the Ooh, La, La song will be on there! Can you feel the heat?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 8 2013, 12:55 AM
I totally agree that Brian would have been a good match for Abigail because he's a good actor. But I'm liking what he is right now. I wish he was on a bit more frequently, but the guy is pretty busy. He worked with Ashley Benson on PLL, but I'm not sure of the extent of that. Would have been interesting to see him with Kate Mansi.
just no to the idea of saint Abby and Hot Brian just no! let her deal with cameron even Chad is too much of a man for SaintpureAbby

Keith
Member Avatar

johnwalterseip
Feb 8 2013, 02:27 AM
seanny
Feb 8 2013, 01:53 AM
Keith
Feb 7 2013, 09:59 PM
I just can't like Brian (and I'd like to, because he's otherwise a better match for Sonny than Will) for being that jerk that made Will believe he and Sonny slept together. Sonny would never condone that, and it makes Brian look even worse than Will. He calls Will out on having baggage and not being mature enough for Sonny and all that jazz, but then he turns around and does this? Insecurity and immaturity up the wazoo. Too bad. Brant's HOT. But actor chem never sells me. Its always in the story (no matter how dumb the story is).
Will hurt Sonny so Brian wants Will to hurt as well. I would have done the same given the situation.
Its Sonny & Will's issue not Brian's. Bri needs to stay out of it. Brian lying to Will should piss Sonny off since he's so pissed at Will for lying.
Sonny also sees Brian as more mature but Brian lying shows that he is immature. A mature guy wouldnt have to lie that he slept with Sonny so Will would leave him alone. If Brian was as confident as he says he is, he wouldnt need to do that to hold on to Sonny 7 he even wouldnt have pursued Sonny for sex so Soon after Sonny & Will broke up.
Exactly. Brian's intention was clear to me as the audience. He could very well make it out that Will read into it more than Brian actually said and Brian could deny it altogether, but that doesn't mean Brian's manner won't come out to Sonny eventually.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Feb 8 2013, 11:57 AM
Graceland
Feb 8 2013, 11:42 AM
Don't you remember Brian starting crap before all this happened? He was always looking for trouble AND he is the reason why Will hopped into bed with Gabi, the reason why he now has a kid, and the reason his relationship with Sonny is over.
Brian is not responsible for any of this - Will is. Brian wasn't even aware of Will's presence in the scenes leading up to Will sleeping with Gabi. He certainly wasn't responsible for Will's arguments with Sonny and Lucas. Brian certainly didn't point a gun at Will's head and force him to insert his penis into Gabi's vagina. Nor did he compel Will to lie to Sonny for a couple of months about the baby which is what caused the break-up, not last week's snogging. All Brian has done so far is inform Will that Sonny had moved on a new guy - a guy that hasn't pulled any of the crap Will has done to Sonny.

Is Brian an opportunist? Probably; but that's about it. The evil guy in all of this is Will. His stupidity, insecurities, cowardice and naiveté are why he has a baby on the way and Sonny is now seeing another guy. Now if Brian were to send Will some pictures of Brian and Sonny in bed, then maybe I might feel a little pity for Will; but that wouldn't happen until I stopped laughing. Will deserves everything he has coming to him with regard to how he screwed up his relationship with Sonny.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graceland
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Feb 8 2013, 11:57 AM
Graceland
Feb 8 2013, 11:42 AM
Don't you remember Brian starting crap before all this happened? He was always looking for trouble AND he is the reason why Will hopped into bed with Gabi, the reason why he now has a kid, and the reason his relationship with Sonny is over.
Brian is not responsible for any of this - Will is. Brian wasn't even aware of Will's presence in the scenes leading up to Will sleeping with Gabi. He certainly wasn't responsible for Will's arguments with Sonny and Lucas. Brian certainly didn't point a gun at Will's head and force him to insert his penis into Gabi's vagina. Nor did he compel Will to lie to Sonny for a couple of months about the baby which is what caused the break-up, not last week's snogging. All Brian has done so far is inform Will that Sonny had moved on a new guy - a guy that hasn't pulled any of the crap Will has done to Sonny.

Is Brian an opportunist? Probably; but that's about it. The evil guy in all of this is Will. His stupidity, insecurities, cowardice and naiveté are why he has a baby on the way and Sonny is now seeing another guy. Now if Brian were to send Will some pictures of Brian and Sonny in bed, then maybe I might feel a little pity for Will; but that wouldn't happen until I stopped laughing. Will deserves everything he has coming to him with regard to how he screwed up his relationship with Sonny.
I get that, but I'm just pointing out how interesting it is how tied up Brian is in this entire saga.

La_Laa

I'm expecting adorable Wilson scene and lots of eye locking and smiles :wub:

William left the watch to Sonny and gift from Sonny to Wiliam an mp3 player. I think the watch and mp3 player will comes into play down the road in a storyline.

Regarding Sonny & Brian date, I think in their date will be playing one of the song, that Wilson will be listening together in a coffee shop. Sonny also will be a bad Valentine's day :(

I love angst, but I hate Brian.

One more thing. I have never, ever, rooted for a fictional couple like I do for Wilson. I think it's worth mentioning, that I'm straight woman. Wilson are the reason I watch DAYS.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Will&Sonny
Feb 7 2013, 07:45 PM
A ring would have been better than an mp3 player, but I'm still hoping that the rings from the JustMensRings.com press release will come into play soon enough. (I'm assuming that two of the rings will be for Will and Sonny.)

Now I can't wait to see what Sonny finds the following week, since it seems like that might be what causes him to realize that he still wants to be with Will. My first instinct is that he finds one of two things:

- a letter that Will wrote weeks before the wedding but ultimately decided not to give to Sonny. The letter reveals that Will is the father of Gabi's baby, leading Sonny to realize just how much it had been killing Will to keep that information from him.

- something that makes Sonny realize that Will believes that Sonny and Brian have slept together, leading Sonny to realize that Brian's a jerk.
Yes I thought the gift would have been more personal like a watch or a ring. But an MP3 player was not something I would have imagined for Valentines Day. Oh well to each his own.

I am hoping the date with Brian will mot go well as I am hoping Sonny will be thinking of Will since they spent time together before Brian shows up. Maybe Brian will get mad and say something mean about Will and Sonny ends up defending Will and tells Brian to get lost. Then the next week he gets the card/letter from Will and they end up making up and getting back together. That is what I would like to happen.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

La_Laa
Feb 8 2013, 07:22 PM
I'm expecting adorable Wilson scene and lots of eye locking and smiles :wub:

William left the watch to Sonny and gift from Sonny to Wiliam an mp3 player. I think the watch and mp3 player will comes into play down the road in a storyline.

Regarding Sonny & Brian date, I think in their date will be playing one of the song, that Wilson will be listening together in a coffee shop. Sonny also will be a bad Valentine's day :(

I love angst, but I hate Brian.

One more thing. I have never, ever, rooted for a fictional couple like I do for Wilson. I think it's worth mentioning, that I'm straight woman. Wilson are the reason I watch DAYS.
I agree with your comments. I love WilSon and want them to be together before this month is over. Brian needs to find himself someone else - he is on Army Wives now so let him go find someone there and leave Sonny alone!

Will&Sonny

lysie
Feb 8 2013, 09:59 AM
Harlee Kin
Feb 8 2013, 02:55 AM
I don't think people are questioning Will's sexuality because in my opinion he did NOT just jump in bed with Gabi. His family was pressuring him to be with her and he was not yet strong enough to come to terms with his own sexuality and viola, baby Wabi. You don't see him running to other women know or being conflicted now and I agree, he did not jump into bed with Sonny because he was still unsure of how to express himself and reluctant to accept his homosexuality.

I was sad he returned the key.
His family wasn't pressuring him to be with Gabi.

It is weird that no one has asked about what happened.
I agree that Will's family wasn't pressuring Will to be with Gabi.

However, it's also true that Will was feeling some general pressure from outside sources at that time. As one of Lucas' biggest critics after he started acting like a homophobic jerk, I was quite pleased to hear him acknowledge, during a recent conversation with Justin and Adrienne, that if he had been more supportive, Will might not have slept with Gabi and gotten her pregnant. That's absolutely true, IMO. Will's choices were ultimately his own, but sleeping with Gabi was the culmination of a series of events that occurred at a time when Will was quite vulnerable, and those events left him feeling like he was a disappointment to his loved ones, with his sexuality being, in his mind, the primary reason for that disappointment.

Personally, I'm glad that the writers have not had anyone question Will's decision to sleep with Gabi after he had already emerged from the closet. Considering the way that Lucas was acting a few short months ago, I expected him to behave like a homophobic jerk again, doubting that Will was ever truly gay and encouraging Will to be with Gabi so that they could raise their child together, and I'm extremely pleased that the writers didn't go that route.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Feb 9 2013, 12:02 AM.

Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

Yes, I too am another straight female viewer watching this show, but I WANT Sonny and Brian to have sex, because with ALL the years of watching soaps and seeing other straight "endgame couples" have sexual relations, affairs and marriages with other characters besides their OTP, I think those two ending up in bed would add to the character development of both Sonny and Will.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Difficult Diva
Feb 9 2013, 06:45 AM
Yes, I too am another straight female viewer watching this show, but I WANT Sonny and Brian to have sex, because with ALL the years of watching soaps and seeing other straight "endgame couples" have sexual relations, affairs and marriages with other characters besides their OTP, I think those two ending up in bed would add to the character development of both Sonny and Will.

Also, Will has slept with someone else while he had strong feelings for Sonny, and while it was unwise to make a last stab at being straight, he and Gabi both chose to have sex. Aside from being reckless about contraception/safety, they did nothing wrong and cheated on no one. Will and Sonny were not together, though there had been some back and forth. I also think it would be bizarre if Will had hung out at gay clubs with Neil last fall and nothing happening. We've sadly never seen Sonny with another guy, we've heard that he was not a monk.

It would be normal and soapy if Sonny slept with Brian. Will is no longer his boyfriend, and Sonny thinks he and Will are done. I remember Kyle dated with/slept with a guy simply to prove to Oliver that he was over him on OLTL, and it led to some drama.

Will&Sonny

Difficult Diva

Both Will and Sonny have had sex with other people, though. Technically, all of those encounters took place before they officially started dating each other, and Will's "other person" was a female, but we were already at the point where neither Will nor Sonny could say that they were the only person whom the other man had ever been with before they even shared their first kiss.

That said, there's still plenty of time for one or both of them to sleep with other people, even if that doesn't happen during this storyline. After all, there's already a lot of super couple angst for Will and Sonny in this storyline as it is, and the writers probably don't want to put all of their angst staples in one basket, so to speak -- they'll need to save some things for later, when this storyline has run its course.

Without trying to speak for anyone else, I think that part of the reason that you might find some fans to be resistant to the idea of Sonny and Brian sleeping together right now is that Brant Daugherty is only a recurring character at the moment. If such a storyline were to play out, I think that having it play out with a character who is actually on-screen for more than a handful of episodes every six months or so would be preferable.

The other reason -- for me, at least -- is that we've recently heard Sonny tell Will that having sex simply for the sake of having sex isn't what he wants. Given how fresh that statement is in my mind, it would just seem odd to me if Sonny had meaningless sex with Brian right now. It wouldn't completely irritate me or anything like that, but it would seem like a bit of a characterization misstep. I will say that before Sonny said that, I was kind of expecting him to sleep with Brian at some point before reconciling with Will, but after I heard that piece of dialogue, I stopped believing that Sonny would do something like that.

Difficult Diva
Member Avatar

So, because Sonny said that, it means that he could never change his mind, if he actually felt ready to have sex with anyone else who's not Will?

Yes, both Sonny and Will have had sexually relations with others, when they were not officially together at all. I just find it interesting that we had the privilege to see Will having sex with Gabi, while almost ALL of Sonny's sexual relationships have been referred to and not shown on screen (with the exception to Brian), which was conveniently stopped, due to Sonny not wanting it to "just be about sex".

It's great to know that Bryan's short-term so that folks don't have to worry too much about him being around Sonny for long.

This sort of reaction is sadly, reminding me of the years on As The World Turns and the Nuke fan base would react negatively to ANY other characters being involved or created to be apart of the Luke and Noah storyline.

Will&Sonny

Difficult Diva
Feb 9 2013, 09:44 AM
So, because Sonny said that, it means that he could never change his mind, if he actually felt ready to have sex with anyone else who's not Will?
I never said that Sonny couldn't change his mind at some point in the future, nor did I say that Will was the only person whom Sonny could ever feel like he was ready to have sex with from now on.

I simply said that Sonny having sex with Brian right now, when he just said a few days ago (in Salem time, and only two weeks ago in our time) that he didn't want to have sex just for the sake of having sex, would seem weird to me. Months from now, that statement won't carry as much weight, because it will be a statement that was said months ago. Years from now, that statement definitely won't carry as much weight, because it will be a statement that was said years ago. But right now, it carries a lot of weight, because it's a statement that was just said recently, and it therefore reflects how he's currently feeling.

I have no problem with the idea of Will or Sonny sleeping with someone who is not Sonny or Will. I believe that they're endgame, and I obviously want them to be together, but I'm not stubbornly insisting that they should never sleep with anyone else, and I don't think that anything in my previous post implied that. Like I said, I was fully prepared to see Sonny sleep with Brian after breaking up with Will until he made that statement about meaningless sex, which told me where his head was at (otherwise he wouldn't have said it). Now that he has made that statement, I don't expect him to sleep with Brian any time soon. If he does, fine, whatever -- it's not a big deal, and as I said earlier, it won't completely irritate me. It will just feel out of character, given Sonny's recent statement -- that's all.

In the future, during Will and Sonny's next breakup, if one of them decides to sleep with someone else, that will be another matter entirely (unless they make a similar statement about not wanting meaningless sex right before doing so), and I will have no problem with either of them sleeping with Brian or Neil or any other gay character who might come along at that time.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I was a rare Nuke fan, as I liked Reid and I saw him as the analog to Damian in the Lily/Holden relationship - a very interesting long term potential spoiler. I wasn't happy with how they made Noah a jerk during the blindness, but ATWT writers always made Holden and Jack insta jerks to facilitate supercouple breakups. I think it was a shame that the show was canceled because Luke could have been torn for years, and I'm sure the story would have played out differently if they hadn't been under pressure to wrap things up. (Incidentally, Maddie was 1000x more interesting and likable than Gabi.) But Atwts was very good at breaking up supercouples and then having them pursue other relationships only to find their way back to each other. They did that over decades for several couples. They did that all the time, but Days has always been crap at figuring out what to do with supercouples once they get seriously together.

But the point is well-made that we all know that Brant D. is filming prime time stuff and won't be available to be a long term threat to Wilson, so that ties the writers down a bit unless they want to recast. I like the idea that Sonny finds someone else since Will has a plot of his own that is canvas wide. I'd like to see a spoiler love interest for Sonny that's tied to another storyline so Sonny's life doesn't revolve around Will.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Feb 9 2013, 11:05 AM
I was a rare Nuke fan, as I liked Reid and I saw him as the analog to Damian in the Lily/Holden relationship - a very interesting long term potential spoiler. I wasn't happy with how they made Noah a jerk during the blindness, but ATWT writers always made Holden and Jack insta jerks to facilitate supercouple breakups. I think it was a shame that the show was canceled because Luke could have been torn for years, and I'm sure the story would have played out differently if they hadn't been under pressure to wrap things up. (Incidentally, Maddie was 1000x more interesting and likable than Gabi.) But Atwts was very good at breaking up supercouples and then having them pursue other relationships only to find their way back to each other. They did that over decades for several couples. They did that all the time, but Days has always been crap at figuring out what to do with supercouples once they get seriously together.

But the point is well-made that we all know that Brant D. is filming prime time stuff and won't be available to be a long term threat to Wilson, so that ties the writers down a bit unless they want to recast. I like the idea that Sonny finds someone else since Will has a plot of his own that is canvas wide. I'd like to see a spoiler love interest for Sonny that's tied to another storyline so Sonny's life doesn't revolve around Will.
There is already all the baby drama going on right now, but what I'd like to see happen later on is for one of Sonny's ex-boyfriends to come back into the picture. It would give us some much needed back story on Sonny and I think it might be interesting to see how he deals with someone from his past that he actually had feelings for. I of course would want that ex to not stand a chance, but I'd still like to see them come in and try to screw up Will and Sonny's relationship so that he could get back with Sonny. But if that were to happen, I would need Will to grow a pair. He's already so insecure now that I don't know if I could take it unless he was more secure in their relationship, and willing to fight back. Maybe later on down the road it will be possible.

I also watched the Nuke story (but on you-tube...never did watch the whole show) and I was rooting for them until Reid showed up. I absolutely fell in love with that character and was so pissed when he got killed off. I don't think I would have wanted Luke with Noah again. Which is kind of scary now that Brian has entered the picture and so many people are actually rooting for him and Sonny. I can see why they would want him, just like I was rooting for Reid more than Noah. :-/ The only saving grace is that Brian is not intended for long term....at least I hope not. Can't stand him. ;)

michr544125

Will&Sonny
Feb 9 2013, 09:31 AM
Difficult Diva

Both Will and Sonny have had sex with other people, though. Technically, all of those encounters took place before they officially started dating each other, and Will's "other person" was a female, but we were already at the point where neither Will nor Sonny could say that they were the only person whom the other man had ever been with before they even shared their first kiss.

That said, there's still plenty of time for one or both of them to sleep with other people, even if that doesn't happen during this storyline. After all, there's already a lot of super couple angst for Will and Sonny in this storyline as it is, and the writers probably don't want to put all of their angst staples in one basket, so to speak -- they'll need to save some things for later, when this storyline has run its course.

Without trying to speak for anyone else, I think that part of the reason that you might find some fans to be resistant to the idea of Sonny and Brian sleeping together right now is that Brant Daugherty is only a recurring character at the moment. If such a storyline were to play out, I think that having it play out with a character who is actually on-screen for more than a handful of episodes every six months or so would be preferable.

The other reason -- for me, at least -- is that we've recently heard Sonny tell Will that having sex simply for the sake of having sex isn't what he wants. Given how fresh that statement is in my mind, it would just seem odd to me if Sonny had meaningless sex with Brian right now. It wouldn't completely irritate me or anything like that, but it would seem like a bit of a characterization misstep. I will say that before Sonny said that, I was kind of expecting him to sleep with Brian at some point before reconciling with Will, but after I heard that piece of dialogue, I stopped believing that Sonny would do something like that.
I am in agreement with you on this. They are already limited because there are gay and obviously in a minority group on any show. I would much rather see Will and Sonny find their way back together and see them team up against Nick and Gabi. Will and Sonny have barely had any happiness together. I love the bit of angst they are getting right now. But I don't want it to last much longer. Sonny needs to be a bigger focus and in order for that to happen he needs to be part of a central story. At least for the first time in a while we got to see Sonny on without Will yesterday and it was to be more involved in the baby story. If he were paired with Brian right now, we'd barely see Sonny.

Leave a third party story for later on with either Brian coming back into the picture or a possible ex of Sonny. Or leave it should Chandler decide to leave. I know this won't be popular opinion...I love Wilson but if Chandler leaves I say make Sonny a main focus because he in my opinion can more than stand on his own. His little bit of airtime with Brian proved that. Or recast Will if Chandler decides to leave.

Like you,, I am not completely against Sonny having sex with Brian. But if he does I get the feeling Sonny after will just regret it especially after he reads what Will wrote to him. I can tell just by looking at the pictures for next week how in love Will and Sonny are with each other and Freddie basically confirmed that in his latest interview. So any sex Sonny has now with Brian would just be to be sex and reaffirm how much he loves Will and wants to be with him. And he did just indicated he didn't want to have sex just to have sex. Unless he only meant that with Will because he cares too much for him to have sex when they have other things unresolved. To me the kissing and making out with Sonny and Brian was enough to show Sonny is not being treated like a gay character but instead a real character but also shows him to stay in character since he seems to be ready to settle down and not just have sex to have sex. Why I think he will realize that even know Will lied he sincerely regrets doing what he did to Sonny...and Will can actually give him the kind of life he wants right now.
Edited by michr544125, Feb 9 2013, 02:46 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 8 2013, 11:59 PM
Personally, I'm glad that the writers have not had anyone question Will's decision to sleep with Gabi after he had already emerged from the closet. Considering the way that Lucas was acting a few short months ago, I expected him to behave like a homophobic jerk again, doubting that Will was ever truly gay and encouraging Will to be with Gabi so that they could raise their child together, and I'm extremely pleased that the writers didn't go that route.
But that's exactly why they SHOULD question it. If they believe and accept that Wll is gay, then they should be at least a little confused since gay men don't usually sleep with women. I don't think they need to question his sexuality, but they should at least be asking why he'd sleep with Gabi. On that note, is EJ the only one to whom Will explained why they slept together?

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Poor Will. Sonny seems ready to forgive except Will wouldn't stop talking the other day and ruined it. Typical couple angst. Sonny and Brian can makeout and have some fun, but at the end of the day it's clear that neither Sonny nor Will are over each other.

Will&Sonny

tomsawyer
Feb 9 2013, 03:39 PM
Will&Sonny
Feb 8 2013, 11:59 PM
But that's exactly why they SHOULD question it. If they believe and accept that Wll is gay, then they should be at least a little confused since gay men don't usually sleep with women. I don't think they need to question his sexuality, but they should at least be asking why he'd sleep with Gabi. On that note, is EJ the only one to whom Will explained why they slept together?
I look at it a different way. If they believe and accept that Will is gay, it shouldn't matter why he slept with Gabi, because no matter what the answer is...Will's still gay.

Not questioning it, to me, shows more care, support, and acceptance than questioning it does. I certainly wouldn't question it if I learned that one of my gay friends had slept with a woman shortly after coming out of the closet. I'd "get" that without even needing to hear an explanation. I think that most of the people in Will's life are intuitive enough to feel the same way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply