Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sonny and Will's Confusion
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 07:24 PM (5,509 Views)
LonePirate
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 9 2013, 10:04 PM
I look at it a different way. If they believe and accept that Will is gay, it shouldn't matter why he slept with Gabi, because no matter what the answer is...Will's still gay.

Not questioning it, to me, shows more care, support, and acceptance than questioning it does. I certainly wouldn't question it if I learned that one of my gay friends had slept with a woman shortly after coming out of the closet. I'd "get" that without even needing to hear an explanation. I think that most of the people in Will's life are intuitive enough to feel the same way.
I think Sonny has a legitimate right to question Will about it, especially prior to deciding if he wants to get back together with Will. It's not so much a matter of what Will did in the past but what he could do in the future. Will was openly gay when he slept with Gabi back in August. What's to stop him from doing it again in the future, be it with Gabi or another woman? He said he was gay then. He says he is gay now. I honestly do not see the difference. Sonny should be very skeptical of Will because he will never truly be able to trust him if he says it won't happen again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

LonePirate
Feb 9 2013, 10:20 PM
Will&Sonny
I look at it a different way. If they believe and accept that Will is gay, it shouldn't matter why he slept with Gabi, because no matter what the answer is...Will's still gay.

Not questioning it, to me, shows more care, support, and acceptance than questioning it does. I certainly wouldn't question it if I learned that one of my gay friends had slept with a woman shortly after coming out of the closet. I'd "get" that without even needing to hear an explanation. I think that most of the people in Will's life are intuitive enough to feel the same way.
I think Sonny has a legitimate right to question Will about it, especially prior to deciding if he wants to get back together with Will. It's not so much a matter of what Will did in the past but what he could do in the future. Will was openly gay when he slept with Gabi back in August. What's to stop him from doing it again in the future, be it with Gabi or another woman? He said he was gay then. He says he is gay now. I honestly do not see the difference. Sonny should be very skeptical of Will because he will never truly be able to trust him if he says it won't happen again.
I'm the complete opposite -- Sonny is the person whom I would least want to see question Will's decision to sleep with Gabi. Sonny has always been portrayed as a very intuitive, understanding, proud gay man. Sonny knew that Will was gay before Will knew. Sonny would also know, IMO, that sleeping with a woman does not negate the fact that Will is gay. Sexuality doesn't work like that. And bisexuality wouldn't come into play, because Sonny was there when Will was agonizing over his sexual identity. Will certainly didn't choose to be gay -- he just is. If Will were bisexual, he could have simply suppressed the homosexual portion of his sexuality and lived his life as a heterosexual man. His life certainly would have been easier that way, and he still would have been "happy", but Will wasn't able to do that because he is gay, not bisexual. Sonny knows that -- not just because he's intuitive and understands sexuality, but also because he's shared a bed with Will. Knowing that Will slept with Gabi after coming out of the closet (and, more importantly, before having any sexual experiences with another man) isn't going to change the fact that Will is gay. Hell, one could argue that Will knew that he was gay before he slept with Gabi the first time, and no one's ever suggested that Sonny needs to question that decision.

As for not trusting Will, trust has not been broken in that respect, so that seems irrelevant to me. Will didn't cheat on Sonny. Will lied to Sonny, but he didn't cheat on Sonny. Will has given Sonny no reason to suspect that he might eventually cheat on Sonny -- with another man or a woman.

CPdays

I know Sonny is supposed to read a letter by Will but did Will get Sonny a V-day gift? Could that said gift be the promise ring that Sami thought was for her? I'm so ready for Brian to leave and Will and Sonny get back together. Although I loved the "make out" scene with Sonny and Brian. Hot! I'd better get something equally hot from their reconciliation.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 9 2013, 11:10 PM
LonePirate
Will&Sonny

I'm the complete opposite -- Sonny is the person whom I would least want to see question Will's decision to sleep with Gabi. Sonny has always been portrayed as a very intuitive, understanding, proud gay man. Sonny knew that Will was gay before Will knew. Sonny would also know, IMO, that sleeping with a woman does not negate the fact that Will is gay. Sexuality doesn't work like that. And bisexuality wouldn't come into play, because Sonny was there when Will was agonizing over his sexual identity. Will certainly didn't choose to be gay -- he just is. If Will were bisexual, he could have simply suppressed the homosexual portion of his sexuality and lived his life as a heterosexual man. His life certainly would have been easier that way, and he still would have been "happy", but Will wasn't able to do that because he is gay, not bisexual. Sonny knows that -- not just because he's intuitive and understands sexuality, but also because he's shared a bed with Will. Knowing that Will slept with Gabi after coming out of the closet (and, more importantly, before having any sexual experiences with another man) isn't going to change the fact that Will is gay. Hell, one could argue that Will knew that he was gay before he slept with Gabi the first time, and no one's ever suggested that Sonny needs to question that decision.

As for not trusting Will, trust has not been broken in that respect, so that seems irrelevant to me. Will didn't cheat on Sonny. Will lied to Sonny, but he didn't cheat on Sonny. Will has given Sonny no reason to suspect that he might eventually cheat on Sonny -- with another man or a woman.
I also think Sonny would not question Will's sexuality, although I'm still not convinced Will wasn't at least messing around with Neil during those dates last fall. I really like that the show has portrayed a difference between sexual acts and sexuality, and Gabi even questioned whether Will was bisexual after their encounter and Will said emphatically that he was gay. This, I assume, means that Will had to work very hard to perform with Gabi and he wasn't into it. People have sex for all different reasons, and that night Will slept with Gabi for reasons that had nothing to do with sexual attraction to her.

I've been watching the Netflix series House of Cards and
Spoiler: click to toggle
Will, on the other hand, is gay.

Sonny is angry at Will not because he slept with Gabi, but because he lied about the baby. I still feel bad for Will on this front because during the first days he found out, it really was only his and Gabi's business. However, once Gabi decided to keep the baby rather than have the abortion, Will should have confided in someone and was foolish to go along with keeping the secret. What I love about he and Sonny's relationship is that Sonny knew something big was up with Will. He sensed it, but Will wouldn't tell him. In hindsight, the truth was obvious to Sonny but he had every reason not to immediately clue in that Will had knocked up Gabi.

Edited by Honeybees, Feb 10 2013, 09:03 AM.

jaygal
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Will&Sonny

See this is interesting to me.
In my own little world I know a "Will and Gabi" and whilst my "Will" is gay and I don't doubt that, their relationship sometimes makes me have this face :huh1: I don't think that makes me any less caring or supportive etc. just at times a little confused. They always seem to get in the way of each others romances intentionally or not.

Will and Gabi will never be a couple, but that doesn't mean they won't have some weird relationship or never sleep with each other again.
I think Sonny has every right to question Will on his relationship with Gabi, especially as Sonny will have to regularly deal with a woman he doesn't like if he's with Will.

La_Laa

LonePirate
Will&Sonny

William slept with Gabi, because TomSell wanted a baby storyline. This is the only reason. Yes, unfortunately it happened after William came out, but only because TomSell were fired and MarDar took over. William is gay, and he never will sleep with woman again. Point. Blank. Period.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

La_Laa
Feb 10 2013, 09:57 AM
William slept with Gabi, because TomSell wanted a baby storyline. This is the only reason. Yes, unfortunately it happened after William came out, but only because TomSell were fired and MarDar took over. William is gay, and he never will sleep with woman again. Point. Blank. Period.
I don't agree. I think Will will sleep with another woman again whenever the plot requires it, be it seeking some comfort after a fight with Sonny or some woman comes along and simply seduces (not rapes) him. If this show continues for another 5-10 years, this baby will not be the only one Will has by natural processes. Sonny, on the other hand, is the character that will never sleep with a woman. His sexuality is fixed as far as the writers are concerned. Will's is floating and it can be whatever the writers want it to be at any given moment.

michr544125

La_Laa
LonePirate
Will&Sonny

I agree with you. Will sleeping with Gabi was only done because Tomlin always wanted Will to sleep with Gabi during his coming out process before he officially came out. Unfortunately, because he already came out and Tomlin was still set on that story he still had Will sleep with Gabi to get the story he wanted. But to me it still almost works. Will had just come out and was still not comfortable in his own skin. But that time has changed. He knows he is gay and hasn't for one second doubted who he is. He has only doubted himself being a good enough father for his child. He even told Sonny that he had never felt comfortable with himself UNTIL he slept with Sonny and that he finally knows who he is.

If they wanted to have Will doubt himself or others doubt him they would have had Lucas or Sonny or Will himself immediately question Will's gayhood after the baby truth came out. But Will and Lucas were more than clear that no matter what happened with Gabi he is 100% gay and that is never going to change and he will never doubt him being gay again. Again, the only reason he slept with Gabi was because Will was still doubting who he was and wan't comfortable in his own skin.

Will is 100% gay and will never sleep with a girl again. The only reason he slept with Gabi was because this was supposed to the be story from time Will's coming out began. The only person Will will possibly sleep with besides Sonny would be another guy.
Edited by michr544125, Feb 10 2013, 12:47 PM.

jaygal
Member Avatar

michr544125
Feb 10 2013, 12:21 PM
La_Laa
LonePirate
Will&Sonny

I agree with you. Will sleeping with Gabi was only done because Tomlin always wanted Will to sleep with Gabi during his coming out process before he officially came out. Unfortunately, because he already came out and Tomlin was still set on that story he still had Will sleep with Gabi to get the story he wanted. But to me it still almost works. Will had just come out and was still not comfortable in his own skin. But that time has changed. He knows he is gay and hasn't for one second doubted who he is. He has only doubted himself being a good enough father for his child. He even told Sonny that he had never felt comfortable with himself UNTIL he slept with Sonny and that he finally knows who he is.

If they wanted to have Will doubt himself or others doubt him they would have had Lucas or Sonny or Will himself immediately question Will's gayhood after the baby truth came out. But Will and Lucas were more than clear that no matter what happened with Gabi he is 100% gay and that is never going to change and he will never doubt him being gay again. Again, the only reason he slept with Gabi was because Will was still doubting who he was and wan't comfortable in his own skin.

Will is 100% gay and will never sleep with a girl again. The only reason he slept with Gabi was because this was supposed to the be story from time Will's coming out began. The only person Will will possibly sleep with besides Sonny would be another guy.
I'm not so sure. This is soapland and I think you are right about this being what Tomsell wanted all along. It will always depend on what set of writers they have and if they want to cause some drama for Will and Sonny and choose to throw a woman into the mix they can do. Do I necessarily like the idea? No. The writers can mess with any couple and use any device to do it.
I don't think Will doubts his sexuality, at least that's not what I see. I'm just not convinced the show wouldn't involve a girl, particularly Gabi, in causing trouble for Wilson.

La_Laa

jaygal
Feb 10 2013, 02:16 PM
michr544125
Feb 10 2013, 12:21 PM
La_Laa
LonePirate

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepWill's still gay.

Not questioning it, to me, shows more care, support, and acceptance than questioning it does. I

I'm not so sure. This is soapland and I think you are right about this being what Tomsell wanted all along. It will always depend on what set of writers they have and if they want to cause some drama for Will and Sonny and choose to throw a woman into the mix they can do. Do I necessarily like the idea? No. The writers can mess with any couple and use any device to do it.
I don't think Will doubts his sexuality, at least that's not what I see. I'm just not convinced the show wouldn't involve a girl, particularly Gabi, in causing trouble for Wilson.
That will make Gabi look even dumber then she does now.

Cathalina

jaygal
Feb 10 2013, 09:50 AM
LonePirate
Will&Sonny

See this is interesting to me.
In my own little world I know a "Will and Gabi" and whilst my "Will" is gay and I don't doubt that, their relationship sometimes makes me have this face :huh1: I don't think that makes me any less caring or supportive etc. just at times a little confused. They always seem to get in the way of each others romances intentionally or not.

Will and Gabi will never be a couple, but that doesn't mean they won't have some weird relationship or never sleep with each other again.
I think Sonny has every right to question Will on his relationship with Gabi, especially as Sonny will have to regularly deal with a woman he doesn't like if he's with Will.
I also have a "Will and Gabi" and the dynamic is the same as you are describing. I don't know what to make of it either, and in my case its the Gabi that is gay, but if I were their partners I wouldn't like it one bit.

lysie
Member Avatar

La_Laa
LonePirate
Will&Sonny

There is no "Point.Blank.Period." when it comes to stuff like this. The wind could blow a different way tomorrow, and Tomlin could decide Sonny and Will are both straight.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Will was reluctant to get into a relationship with Gabi, he was pressured by Caroline and Gabi. He was not yet comfortable coming to terms with his sexual orientation nor could he approach his narcissistic mother with the issues as she was busy trying to figure out who her true soul mate was and ends up yelling at everyone.

Had his family stayed out of it, there probably would not be a baby, but there interference continues to this day. They think they have all the answers and yet were so out of touch with Will that they did not know he was gay. He has clearly communicated that he is reluctant to be a father and that he prioritized his relationship with Sonny over a traditional family but it falls on deaf ears because to the Brady family, it is the WRONG answer.

It would be unacceptable for the characters now to be made "straight" all of a sudden and I think it would cause a revolt in the audience. I hope Sami et al will STAY OUT of his life and respect his decisions but I know this will not happen.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 10 2013, 08:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply