Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Kate and Rafe Have Sex
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 07:31 PM (15,238 Views)
angie37
Member Avatar

^^^So agree. Lucas's reaction is the only one I'm waiting to see. Go, Rafe!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Do your thing, Kate and Rafe. You're both attractive and you owe your exes exactly squat!

Totally okay with this and I hope it plays out well on screen. Glad Kate doesn't share Sami's perspective on Gabi. Hopefully that means the animosity and disdain Kate feels for Sami trumps all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 8 2013, 12:52 AM
It doesn't make sense, but that's what makes it a random hook-up.
Exactly. Nothing is indicating that they're going to fall madly in love and marry in a month. They likely don't even have chemistry beyond the physical realm. People hook up sometimes and it doesn't merit any greater significance. Nor does it radically alter the characters and personalities of those involved. I don't see a problem. They're just having a little fun time, and so much the better because it is at the expense of two people who've been total assholes to them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

But is Rafe the kind of character to do random hook ups and freak buddies? No he's not. Rafe is not a character that sleeps with people he doesn't care about.

What will Rafe's rationale be for hooking up with Kate? There is not any that fit the character we've seen.
Edited by Aliaron, Feb 8 2013, 07:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Maybe Rafe got so sick of Sami, he decided it WAS time to do random hook-ups. That's not beyond the pale. Happens a lot in real life. Plus, maybe Rafe won't have the life sucked out of him like he does with Sami. Galen has shown, away from Sami-land, that he could be interesting. I say give it a chance. The guy has had his heart ripped by that blah-blah-blah so much that maybe he's numb. I'm to the point that ANYTHING away from Sami is a good thing. Might end up being the best thing for Rafe's character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Feb 8 2013, 07:54 AM
But is Rafe the kind of character to do random hook ups and freak buddies? No he's not. Rafe is not a character that sleeps with people he doesn't care about.
Do we know that for sure or has it just been inferred? Has he ever said that? We don't know a lot about his past, at least that I recall. There must've been women before Sami. I think what Rafe wouldn't do is hook up with someone only to treat them disrespectfully afterward, and there's no indication he's going to. Also, he's at a pretty low point right now, stressing about his sister and undoubtedly licking his wounds over EJami's reunion. People sometimes do things at certain points in their lives that they wouldn't necessarily do at others. I don't mind seeing other facets to his character. It's preferable to him (or anyone else) being a two-dimensional, eternally predictable cardboard cut-out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Aliaron

What will Rafe's rationale be for hooking up with Kate? There is not any that fit the character we've seen.
His rationale is that he's drunk.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Drunk is a lame as excuse to begin with. But continuing your drunk actions when you are sober removes alcohol as an excuse.

I can throw maybes at a lot of characters. That does not make it true to characters. Marlena kills John. Maybe she's tired of arguing with him. It's such a low threshold for storytelling on this show. A buildup doesn't take away from the surprise.

Random hookups could have involved almost any guy on the show and you could work with it. But a fwb relationship using Rafe is absurd. Being swamped with drama is not new for Rafe. It's and there are fans of the original Rafe. Not Mr. Random they have me him into.
Edited by Aliaron, Feb 8 2013, 08:25 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Feb 8 2013, 08:23 AM
I can throw maybes at a lot of characters. That does not make it true to characters. Marlena kills John. Maybe she's tired of arguing with him. It's such a low threshold for storytelling on this show. A buildup doesn't take away from the surprise.

Random hookups could have involved almost any guy on the show and you could work with it. But a fwb relationship using Rafe is absurd. Being swamped with drama is not new for Rafe. It's and there are fans of the original Rafe. Not Mr. Random they have me him into.
Since it hasn't aired, "maybes" are the only option.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Not true. There is such a thing as character-based assumptions. Not just random maybes. But this fits his character because Rafe has always been this way. When life gets to consuming he turns to alcohol. He always just finds warm beds when he feels lonely. But there is no character-based rationale for for this. None I can think of. None showed to us in the last five years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Feb 8 2013, 08:17 AM
Aliaron

His rationale is that he's drunk.
Not the second time
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Rationale: He's a man. He got drunk, had unthinking sex with someone, wakes up with her, realizes it felt pretty good, and says "hell, I've already done it once, might as well do it again.". Pretty normal behavior, IMO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

We've rarely seen Rafe independent of Sami. He was not developed as a character before he was paired with her. So it's hard for me to say whether something he does is in character or not. I think he's trading up as far as the sex appeal of his partner.
Online Profile Goto Top

camera shy

jam6242
Feb 8 2013, 09:11 AM
We've rarely seen Rafe independent of Sami. He was not developed as a character before he was paired with her. So it's hard for me to say whether something he does is in character or not. I think he's trading up as far as the sex appeal of his partner.
Oh yeah, he's definitely trading up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Feb 8 2013, 08:30 AM
Not true. There is such a thing as character-based assumptions. Not just random maybes. But this fits his character because Rafe has always been this way. When life gets to consuming he turns to alcohol. He always just finds warm beds when he feels lonely. But there is no character-based rationale for for this. None I can think of. None showed to us in the last five years.
It's random maybes until it plays out. Until then we don't know if the character-based assumption will be addressed. And when it comes to a character like Rafe who doesn't even have a defined personality, it shouldn't be difficult. And alcohol tends to change even real people's character for a brief amount of time. I hate this, too, but more from Kate than Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I have a hard time seeing anything as OOC for Rafe since he's never really been a character, he's just had a role. He fell for Carrie for one hot second, but other than that, pretty much every action he's taken has been in fulfillment of the role of Sami's protector. So now that he's not going to play that role, he has the opportunity to become a character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 8 2013, 10:16 AM
I have a hard time seeing anything as OOC for Rafe since he's never really been a character, he's just had a role. He fell for Carrie for one hot second, but other than that, pretty much every action he's taken has been in fulfillment of the role of Sami's protector. So now that he's not going to play that role, he has the opportunity to become a character.
Exactly.

Rafe's been a card board cut out boring character all this time.

He's an open book. And alot of guys who just got their heart broke, go to a bar & get drunk, end up screwing some chic at the bar. That's not way out there.

The next morning romp, that could be different.

But we won't know until we see it play out.

C'mon give the hairy blue streak a chance.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mae
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 7 2013, 07:31 PM

They agree it was a drunken mistake, but then they have sex again.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

shar_d
Member Avatar

Lmaooo wow. Hey its random that's for sure... something new and exciting to watch. Kate is a sexy woman for her age so I can see why Rafe would be attracted to her. I just find it strange thay he will sleep with Kate but didn't find Nicole attractive enough to sleep with her??? Lol. . Maybe subconciously he is doing this to get back at Scami by sleeping with her worse enemy lol! !
Offline Profile Goto Top

BillieD
Member Avatar

I love Ejami and all but this would have played out so much better if Sami had just reunited with Lucas. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic