Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Kate and Rafe Have Sex
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 07:31 PM (14,862 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 8 2013, 06:37 PM
gailwinters
Feb 8 2013, 05:39 PM
camera shy
Feb 8 2013, 04:48 PM
lysie
Feb 8 2013, 04:06 PM
I honestly don't see the point in this. I don't even see potential for fall out. Why would anyone else care about these two hooking up?
Stefano and Sami might not be as over their exes as they claim to be.
For the foreseeable future, I'm 99% sure Sami is over Rafe.

I think this hookup will play into the Wabi baby story at some point. I can't see any other reason for it.
Yeah, I heard about AS and JS's chat. Did either one of them say Ejami was permanent? And I love how some of audience is really giving it to her on twitter.
Nothing is permanent on a soap. But there are reputable sources saying that Rafe is going in Hope's direction, so even if EJami breaks up tomorrow, I don't think Sami is going to be with Rafe.
Online Profile Goto Top

camera shy

gailwinters
Feb 8 2013, 06:48 PM
camera shy
gailwinters
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I think this hookup will play into the Wabi baby story at some point. I can't see any other reason for it.
Yeah, I heard about AS and JS's chat. Did either one of them say Ejami was permanent? And I love how some of audience is really giving it to her on twitter.
Nothing is permanent on a soap. But there are reputable sources saying that Rafe is going in Hope's direction, so even if EJami breaks up tomorrow, I don't think Sami is going to be with Rafe.
We'll see.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

I honestly don't get all the hate tweeted to the Days actors . They are just actors that are pimping their storylines . While I prefer Danloe to Dannifer I am Not going to Tweet nasty stuff to MR when she pimps Her storyline. I hate when she does it but PR is part of her job .
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

DaysPossessed
Feb 8 2013, 03:39 PM
It also gives Kate a chance to compare sex with EJ and Rafe. It did take her a bit longer to spread her welcome mat this time.
Maybe he can match hin after all.

Still the storyline explains the overtones of sadness in these scenes... something seemed off.
Edited by concerned, Feb 8 2013, 07:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Gross.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

trojangal
Feb 8 2013, 06:43 PM
camera shy
Nothing is permanent on a soap LOL!
Exactly. When has any soap couple ever been labeled permanent????
Online Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

gailwinters
Feb 8 2013, 06:48 PM
camera shy
gailwinters
camera shy

So there is a chance we might get a Hope/Rafe/Kate triangle? Fuck yeah!!! :rockon:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 8 2013, 09:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Serenity 808

Good for Rafe and Kate. Though Kate deserves to be with someone a lot smarter and more interesting, for a night of sex, I'd say they both did well for themselves as I find both actors quite attractive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

camera shy
gailwinters
camera shy
lysie
I honestly don't see the point in this. I don't even see potential for fall out. Why would anyone else care about these two hooking up?

It's always so weird and creepy when people can't differentiate actors from their characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

The only thing keeping me from taking this spoiler out behind the gym and getting it pregnant is that I just know this is going to just devolve into Rafe either reuniting with Sami or hooking up with his new physical therapist or whatever, and Kate is going to go all wicked stepmother again. That is lame. It was lame the first time, and it will be lame again if that is the plan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

camera shy
gailwinters
camera shy
lysie

You love that?

I find it pretty pathetic and insane, myself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

All fanbases have given her beef via twitter or her blog at one point or another...we're ALL a bit cray ya know... One thing I can say... I think she finally lost the Lumis... It was that tweet about her not seeing Sami as a victim that did it for me personally and many other lumis... Regardless of what she loves about the story now or how delighted she may be that Ejami is getting a chance, the minute she said that she lost me totally... She could have said that Sami doesn't view herself as a victim, and I wouldn't have had an issue...oh we'll, just wish that Bry had more to do with or without Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I agree that every fan base has their nutters. I'm pretty sure AS (and many other actors) can spot ém a mile away and don't worry to much about what they have to say.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
Feb 9 2013, 12:03 AM
I agree that every fan base has their nutters. I'm pretty sure AS (and many other actors) can spot ém a mile away and don't worry to much about what they have to say.
I personally wouldn't bother engaging them though, especially if she knows who they are. By engaging them it blows the situation up further, you have posters on twitter then defending Ali, then posters on twitter defending the poster and continue to attack Ali...
Offline Profile Goto Top

vettejb

Bee
Feb 8 2013, 09:50 PM
camera shy
gailwinters
camera shy

It's always so weird and creepy when people can't differentiate actors from their characters.
I think there are very few who cannot separate the two. But, most soap watchers ship a certain couple more than any other. And when they do chats, etc for a certain fanbase and essentially ignore all the other fans of the show it is rather "in your face". No fan wants to be told by anyone associated with the show that there is no hope for your couple. Viewers of soaps are immersed in the show for a minimum of five hours a week with characters that in many cases we have watched grow from childhood to adulthood (as in Sami's case).
Offline Profile Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Hmmmm, what if Kate gets pregnant and her cancer comes back
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

vettejb
Feb 9 2013, 12:24 AM
Bee
Feb 8 2013, 09:50 PM
camera shy
gailwinters

I think there are very few who cannot separate the two. But, most soap watchers ship a certain couple more than any other. And when they do chats, etc for a certain fanbase and essentially ignore all the other fans of the show it is rather "in your face". No fan wants to be told by anyone associated with the show that there is no hope for your couple. Viewers of soaps are immersed in the show for a minimum of five hours a week with characters that in many cases we have watched grow from childhood to adulthood (as in Sami's case).
Thank you for proving my point. People are invested in the characters they watch 5 days a week on soaps. They are not real. Actors are real people doing their jobs which often in a soap actor's case, involves promoting their current storyline i.e. their current coupling. That may include interviews for magazines, websites, fan chats, promotional appearances, social media, etc... it's nothing personal. It's advertising and advertising is "in your face." Projecting frustration by "giving it" to the actor portraying a character just because a ship is not going in the direction a shipper wants it to is petty, misdirected, and unfair to a real human being.

Plus, there is no such thing as never when it comes to soap couples. Just look! We've got Kate and Rafe! Whodathunkit? :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Feb 9 2013, 01:33 AM
Hmmmm, what if Kate gets pregnant and her cancer comes back
I know Days likes to play fast and loose with fertility and reality, but there's no freakin' way they are going to make great-granny Kate pregnant.
Online Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

AS has pimped every pairing she has ever been in.

She's the model company "team player".

And she's done this for years, she's use to the nutters.

Having said that, the ones tweeting her about storylines she has no control over need to direct their anger/dissatisfaction where it belongs.

And up their meds.

Online Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I'm for Kate and Rafe providing Sami finds out that Rafe is hooking up with her worst enemy. :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic