Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Kate and Rafe Have Sex
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 07:31 PM (15,460 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

trojangal
Feb 8 2013, 06:58 PM
I honestly don't get all the hate tweeted to the Days actors . They are just actors that are pimping their storylines . While I prefer Danloe to Dannifer I am Not going to Tweet nasty stuff to MR when she pimps Her storyline. I hate when she does it but PR is part of her job .
As long as they pimp their pairings equally that's fine. And I have to say AS does a good job of that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Bee
Feb 8 2013, 09:50 PM
camera shy
Feb 8 2013, 06:37 PM
gailwinters
Feb 8 2013, 05:39 PM
camera shy
Feb 8 2013, 04:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
For the foreseeable future, I'm 99% sure Sami is over Rafe.

I think this hookup will play into the Wabi baby story at some point. I can't see any other reason for it.
Yeah, I heard about AS and JS's chat. Did either one of them say Ejami was permanent? And I love how some of audience is really giving it to her on twitter.
It's always so weird and creepy when people can't differentiate actors from their characters.
Oh I think she's getting it because she's AS not SB. The same way a lot of people gave it to Galen and Bryan when they were joking around about one of their castmates....who they do know (JS) .....and the people getting all angry and insulted on JS's behalf don't even know him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

vettejb
Feb 9 2013, 12:24 AM
Bee
Feb 8 2013, 09:50 PM
camera shy
Feb 8 2013, 06:37 PM
gailwinters
Feb 8 2013, 05:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yeah, I heard about AS and JS's chat. Did either one of them say Ejami was permanent? And I love how some of audience is really giving it to her on twitter.
It's always so weird and creepy when people can't differentiate actors from their characters.
I think there are very few who cannot separate the two. But, most soap watchers ship a certain couple more than any other. And when they do chats, etc for a certain fanbase and essentially ignore all the other fans of the show it is rather "in your face". No fan wants to be told by anyone associated with the show that there is no hope for your couple. Viewers of soaps are immersed in the show for a minimum of five hours a week with characters that in many cases we have watched grow from childhood to adulthood (as in Sami's case).
The same people who are just in love with AS now, were ready to lynch her when she made some remark about why Ejami would never work. And what's the difference with saying rude comments to AS on twitter to making rude comments on message boards about everything about an actor or actress? They read message boards too. I've read nasty comments made about Bryan's height or Galen's eyebrows receive a good many 'Likes'. So maybe it's only AS who isn't suppose to get bashed right now because she's involved in a storyline a lot people like. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Sparrow
Feb 8 2013, 10:25 PM
The only thing keeping me from taking this spoiler out behind the gym and getting it pregnant is that I just know this is going to just devolve into Rafe either reuniting with Sami or hooking up with his new physical therapist or whatever, and Kate is going to go all wicked stepmother again. That is lame. It was lame the first time, and it will be lame again if that is the plan.
Well according to some Sami's not interested in Rafe anymore so you don't have to worry about Safe reuniting......yeah.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

SoapGal1
Feb 9 2013, 02:00 AM
AS has pimped every pairing she has ever been in.

She's the model company "team player".

And she's done this for years, she's use to the nutters.

Having said that, the ones tweeting her about storylines she has no control over need to direct their anger/dissatisfaction where it belongs.

And up their meds.

The woman got her pregnancy written into the show and talked about having meetings with the writers and Ken Corday. I remember the actress who played Carly laughing saying she never got to meet with the writers. AS talks out of both sides of her mouth when she really just needs to shut up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

LuvingLumi
Feb 8 2013, 10:39 PM
All fanbases have given her beef via twitter or her blog at one point or another...we're ALL a bit cray ya know... One thing I can say... I think she finally lost the Lumis... It was that tweet about her not seeing Sami as a victim that did it for me personally and many other lumis... Regardless of what she loves about the story now or how delighted she may be that Ejami is getting a chance, the minute she said that she lost me totally... She could have said that Sami doesn't view herself as a victim, and I wouldn't have had an issue...oh we'll, just wish that Bry had more to do with or without Days.
If an actor is going to pimp a storyline, then they have to expect some to give a negative reaction. Especially a couple that started with rape. I think it depends on how invested people are in the show, and their voices are just as important as the "hallelujah" chorus that ship the couple. All make up the audience.
Offline Profile Goto Top

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

Anything to have him leave Sami's orbit !!Once and for all .Really loving Ejami right now. :wub: :chee: :cloud9:
Edited by vinnmerc, Feb 9 2013, 10:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

AS always promotes the storyline she's in. Always. There have been years of non stop "Safe" pictures. She addresses the relevant fan base that goes with the relevant storyline. She promotes Days of Our Lives and her character, not what the fans want to hear. If Sami goes back to Rafe, she'll be back to promoting Safe and turn her attention to the Safe fans. If Lumi gets back together, the same would apply. Right now the storyline involves Ejami, so naturally she would promote that. She's a lead actor, and one of the few who goes to great lengths to connect with the fans via social media.
Edited by outrageous, Feb 9 2013, 02:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 9 2013, 05:56 AM
LuvingLumi
Feb 8 2013, 10:39 PM
All fanbases have given her beef via twitter or her blog at one point or another...we're ALL a bit cray ya know... One thing I can say... I think she finally lost the Lumis... It was that tweet about her not seeing Sami as a victim that did it for me personally and many other lumis... Regardless of what she loves about the story now or how delighted she may be that Ejami is getting a chance, the minute she said that she lost me totally... She could have said that Sami doesn't view herself as a victim, and I wouldn't have had an issue...oh we'll, just wish that Bry had more to do with or without Days.
If an actor is going to pimp a storyline, then they have to expect some to give a negative reaction. Especially a couple that started with rape. I think it depends on how invested people are in the show, and their voices are just as important as the "hallelujah" chorus that ship the couple. All make up the audience.
I could not agree more, as a Days fan who loves Days but does not care for EJ and Sami together I am tired of being the one who feels the need to keep quiet and or join the EJAMI bandwagon. Many rape victims do not see themselves as a victim as part of the psychology involved in the trauma, they often go on to lead destructive relationships with men based on the rape confusing sexual attraction and fear, not seeing that they were in fact victims of VIOLENCE. In an effort to reconcile the event, they falsely believe they "controlled" it by making a choice about it when in fact the choice was robbed from them. Just because you do not see yourself as a victim, does not change the fact you have been victimized.

If you are involved in a storyline with ramifications to women's issues and greater social implications and you speak out on them, then hell yes, you have better expect people to not only disagree with you but to tell you exactly what they think of you and your character.

I have nothing against Ali Sweeney, I do not know her life story and I appreciate her dedication to her fans, but EJAMI fans are not the only Days viewers and he did rape her. ALso, there are millions of potential viewers that this show needs to raise ratings and revenue to ensure its longevity. It is a hard sell introducing people to EJAMi on screen now because they are so damn boring to compensate for the atrocities they have committed to one another including the rape.

Ali Sweeney can do little else but pimp the storyline she is in, and it is the show now that has her in the position to pimp this hideous couple, I truly feel bad for her.

I say, "BRING ON RAFE AND KATE AND LEAVE EJAMI OUT OF DAYS RELATED DISCUSSIONS NOT LABELED EJ AND SAMI!"

Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 9 2013, 02:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Maybe I was just craving something random and crazy from Days for far too long... Because this train wreck of a hook-up sounds like a lot of fun to me! Lol. Can't wait to see Sami's reaction when she finds out!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 9 2013, 05:26 AM
SoapGal1
Feb 9 2013, 02:00 AM
AS has pimped every pairing she has ever been in.

She's the model company "team player".

And she's done this for years, she's use to the nutters.

Having said that, the ones tweeting her about storylines she has no control over need to direct their anger/dissatisfaction where it belongs.

And up their meds.

The woman got her pregnancy written into the show and talked about having meetings with the writers and Ken Corday. I remember the actress who played Carly laughing saying she never got to meet with the writers. AS talks out of both sides of her mouth when she really just needs to shut up.
She very well may have talked to the writers & tptb but it ultimately was their call. I don't think it was all just for her benefit. My gawd, how long did that storyline go on? 2 years? I doubt they came up with that out of just a convo with AS about writing in her pregnancy.

And I'm really not sure what all of that has to do with people tweeting her shit about the current storyline. I haven't heard anywhere where AS was pushing for this.

Offline Profile Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

outrageous
Feb 9 2013, 02:18 PM
AS always promotes the storyline she's in. Always. There have been years of non stop "Safe" pictures. She addresses the relevant fan base that goes with the relevant storyline. She promotes Days of Our Lives and her character, not what the fans want to hear. If Sami goes back to Rafe, she'll be back to promoting Safe and turn her attention to the Safe fans. If Lumi gets back together, the same would apply. Right now the storyline involves Ejami, so naturally she would promote that. She's a lead actor, and one of the few who goes to great lengths to connect with the fans via social media.
Yup. Ali always promotes what's onscreen now. I too remember years of blogs and tweets about the wonder of Safe, their magical wedding in the woods, Sami reuniting with him after she shot EJ in the head, etc. Admittedly there wasn't a lot of promotion of lumi this last go round, but I think it's because it was fairly obvious that was going to be very short-term. Back in the day though they promoted the lumi green wedding like it was the last wedding that was ever going to happen on the show.

I do have to wonder if this increased level of EJami promotion right now is because they went so hard in the other direction with the shooting, Rafe 2 stuff a few years ago. Yes there are people that will never get over that kind of stuff, but for the GA who probably remembers that there have been long periods of EJ and Sami hating each other, I do think that these kinds of scenes are intended to win them over. Will it work on all the members of the GA? No way, but they have to at least attempt to woo them in order to make the pairing a viable option.

When the storyline turns again then Ali will be promoting Sami and whichever man is next on the scene. It does sound as though we're getting a good long break from both her and EJ being involved in a triangle though, so for that I'm grateful. As for the people sending nasty stuff to her on Twitter, it's everyone's prerogative to say what they want within reason on their own account. Do I find it distasteful and childish? You betcha. I figure if you're pissed at someone you would refrain from communicating with them. I remember unfollowing nbcdays twitter account when the storyline wasn't to my liking because I knew whatever they tweeted would reflect that exact same storyline. Problem solved, and it saved me a ton of aggravation.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

You know what I wonder? Why in the world this character/actress is worth all this when this isn't even about her as yet. This is about Kate and Rafe. For now. I'm sure it will end up being about she-who-will-not-be-named, but until then....
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I think Ali is pretty terrible at how she handles fan wars, and I don't think she treats her fanbases equally, but none of that is particularly relevant to Kate and Rafe screwing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Why do I get the feeling that Kate and Rafe are going to hit the sheets A LOT?
Offline Profile Goto Top

CPdays

I don't know. Grandma Kate and Uncle Race having a baby? That's sticking it to Sami. But imagine poor poor Gabi when she finds out her brother and the great grandma of her baby are getting busy. I think I could like this story on so many different levels.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

I think I'll wait until I see Kafe before voicing an opinion because if someone had told me at the outset that I'd enjoy Bristen, I would have LOL.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

I know this is a soap and all, but I can't think Kate will become a mother and a great-grandmother in the same year. Although, burned out as I am on baby stories, that is one baby story I will tune in for.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

Quote:

Kate wakes up in Rafe’s bed the next day. They agree it was a drunken mistake, but then they have sex again.

That is too funny! :laugh:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

I think Rafe and Kate do have some potential as a fun, friends with benefits couple. They do have a common interest in looking out for the Wabi baby, and LK does not exactly look like your typical great-grandmother baking cookies. Rafe deserves some fun and so does Kate right about now. Sadly this couple does not even stretch credibility to me given the couples we are supposed to be taking seriously.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic