Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Kate and Rafe Have Sex
Topic Started: Feb 7 2013, 07:31 PM (15,459 Views)
Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Well I call it change, and I too welcome it. Is Rafe supposed to stay in the character of unrealistically loving Sami while she treats him like a doormat, shoot people, berates his sister for a far lesser crime than any of hers? He get drunk and Kate is quite skilled so no wonder they go at it again to make sure it was a "mistake."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

Is this suppose to be by accident or complete surprise? How do they intend on telling people along the way that find out cause you know you know some nosey ass will find out eventually.

Things should go alot smoother between the two when needed something done. Im not sure if thats a good thing or not, lol

But like I said before it could be worse. It could be Nicole with is always on the verge of getting pregnant. At least with Kate there isnt any chance in that...Or I think there isnt anyway! Ha!
Edited by Ljay, Feb 10 2013, 11:32 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Ok, Rafe gets a story outside of Sami's orbit, it remains to be seen what happens to the character Rafe? Can not say I have any high expectations for this character, Kate is interesting but Rafe? Nah
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

Harlee Kin
Feb 10 2013, 11:24 AM
Well I call it change, and I too welcome it. Is Rafe supposed to stay in the character of unrealistically loving Sami while she treats him like a doormat, shoot people, berates his sister for a far lesser crime than any of hers? He get drunk and Kate is quite skilled so no wonder they go at it again to make sure it was a "mistake."
Hey, I am all for fact checking! Rafe is hot, and Kate is a character that for some reason I like. May the force be with them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

The more people protest against this, the more I like it, LOL. Yeah, I'm a rebel for the wrong reasons.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 11:12 AM
I don't see where this is a change. Rafe is a newly single man with a functioning penis, they tend to do this.
LOL. And I really don't think we need much more explanation than that. Rafe hasn't had sex in a year. He's drunk. And Kate's hot and willing. Makes sense to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 10 2013, 11:52 AM
The more people protest against this, the more I like it, LOL. Yeah, I'm a rebel for the wrong reasons.
I know, me too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I guess I don't have a problem with this because I know that this isn't meant to be a permanent thing. It's not like the writers intend for Rafe and Kate to be the next big Days supercouple, because they can never have Rafe out of Sami's orbit for too long. I don't think we're supposed to buy them as a 'serious' couple. And until the inevitable "Safe" reunion, I'm going to enjoy Rafe and Kate's love-fest pissing Sami off.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Aliaron
Feb 10 2013, 10:34 AM
Rafe is like a new man? Everyone is new. It's called Out of character writing. And that may be great for those who want a bunch of different characters with the same faces. But if you were a fan of Rafe (the dude has a lot of fans) or a fan of consistency I doubt they are cheering the changes.

Everyone is asking for changes to Dan or at least an acknowledgment of the guy he really is but the show refuses. Yet we get these changes.
Well we know it's in Rafe's nature to be revengeful......that was his main reason for helping Nicole.....to get back at EJ for the griefsex. So maybe now it's Sami's turn, when he's sticking it to Kate, he's sticking it to Sami too. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

^^^Safe reunion? After Hurricane Kate lays it on him, he'll be saying, "Samantha who?" :wave: But if Kate can't erase her from his memory, maybe the new physical therapist (calling McKenzie Westmore) can.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 11:12 AM
I don't see where this is a change. Rafe is a newly single man with a functioning penis, they tend to do this.
And Kate's about to find out how functional. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

angie37
Feb 10 2013, 12:37 PM
^^^Safe reunion? After Hurricane Kate lays it on him, he'll be saying, "Samantha who?" :wave: But if Kate can't erase her from his memory, maybe the new physical therapist (calling McKenzie Westmore) can.
Didin't Tomlin used to work on Passions? I could go for a Luis and Sheridian reunion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

am103
Feb 10 2013, 12:29 PM
I guess I don't have a problem with this because I know that this isn't meant to be a permanent thing. It's not like the writers intend for Rafe and Kate to be the next big Days supercouple, because they can never have Rafe out of Sami's orbit for too long. I don't think we're supposed to buy them as a 'serious' couple. And until the inevitable "Safe" reunion, I'm going to enjoy Rafe and Kate's love-fest pissing Sami off.
Me too. And I hope they get to do it with some light so we don't miss a thing. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

angie37

that has be my wish for over 4 yrs for Mckenzie to join days now even more ... she even has said in recent tweets/interviews she would love to be on a soap again misses that world
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

I'm not the greatest Rafe fan in the world, but if it's a choice between Galen Garing or Shawn Christian, I'll take Galen every time.
He's actually not a bad actor, when he's given some non-Safe material, so I think pairing him with Lauren Koslow could be kinda interesting.
And the man looks pretty good half-naked too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

desertgal

jeanneshuis
Feb 10 2013, 05:29 PM
angie37

that has be my wish for over 4 yrs for Mckenzie to join days now even more ... she even has said in recent tweets/interviews she would love to be on a soap again misses that world
From your lips to God's ears....I would LOVE for McKenzie Westmore to come back as a love interest for Rafe. He deserve someone who will love him and be faithful to him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

THOUGHTS

It will be interesting to see what Stefano wii think/have to say about Kafe--Rate

What if Kate gets pregnant

What if Kate gets pregnant and her cancer comes back

Rafe dumps Kate and she becomes the vengeful woman scorned

Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 7 2013, 07:31 PM
The latest issue of SOD has an article Kate and Rafe. At the beginning of the week, Kate hears from Stefano. Kate isnít happy with Stefanoís detached demeanor, and some harsh words are exchanged. This is the tipping point for Kate, and she goes out drinking.

Rafe ends up joining her at the bar. He is angry over Samiís treatment of Gabi. The two of them begin discussing the baby thatís coming. Kate considers Gabi family now that she is carrying her grandsonís baby, and she is understanding of what Gabi is going through. They continue to drink, and are soon saying things to one another they wouldnít normally say. According to Lauren Koslow, ďKate also thinks that Rafe is obviously a very hot, sex guy. A chemical thing happens and it turns intimate.Ē

Kate wakes up in Rafeís bed the next day. They agree it was a drunken mistake, but then they have sex again.

For all the details, pick up the latest SOD.
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to this and the Chloe/Jennifer face off.
Online Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Ah, what memories of Luis and Sheriden from PASSIONS - they really were the couple that had the most obstacles put in front of their happiness, time and time again LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I don't think we know what is "out of character" for Rafe because he has been nothing more than a prop for Sami for the last two years. First he was FBI, and that was a huge part of his ego and then he quit because Sami Oakley was shootin' up her lovers in the head and a liability to his career. His character has been consistently supportive of his family as evinced by his defense of Gabi when the truly hypocritical Sami lashed out at her. So I would view Rafe as full of potential, he wants to renew his manhood and sense of self. Kate provides an interesting outlet for both his upper and lower extremity needs.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic