Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of February 18th; *updated 2/12*
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 01:40 AM (24,374 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 10 2013, 02:07 AM
Is Rafe still going to be having scenes with Sami every week? I thought they give it a rest for a little while.
I'm not sure why you'd think that since they are both heavily involved in the Wabi baby story. They will most likely continue to share scenes just like all the major players in that storyline are sharing scenes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 02:19 AM
camera shy
Is Rafe still going to be having scenes with Sami every week? I thought they give it a rest for a little while.
I'm not sure why you'd think that since they are both heavily involved in the Wabi baby story. They will most likely continue to share scenes just like all the major players in that storyline are sharing scenes.
Yeah, I'm sure that's the only reason why they're keeping them in each other's orbit. I was afraid it would be about Safe. ^o)
Edited by camera shy, Feb 10 2013, 02:34 AM.

Ljay
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 8 2013, 01:40 AM
Monday ("Chloe Gets Kicked Out")
Daniel invites Chloe to stay with him after Victor kicks her out; Brady has a proposal for Kristen.

Tuesday ("Moving In")
Kristen agrees to move in with Brady; Jennifer is angered by Chloe's new living arrangements.

Wednesday ("Eric Saves Nicole")
Eric rescues Nicole from a dangerous situation; Abigail fears that Cameron knows what she is hiding.

Thursday ("Gabi's Pain")
Gabi is rushed to the hospital with stomach pains; Jennifer gives Daniel an ultimatum.

Friday ("Defending Sami")
EJ defends Sami when Rafe, Nick and Will give her a hard time; Kristen and Brady get into a heated argument.

Perfect Daniel is letting Chloe stay wth him while Im sure Jennifer just loves the idea herself. Ugh. Hes gonna be in so much trouble.

Kristen is next in line to move in the K Masion all shes lookin for a bed romp and a wedding ring. Im sure she will find one soon enough...

I have no idea what Cameron could be hiding. But do you think Abigail knows?

I hope nothing is wrong with the baby when Gabi is rushed to the hospital.

Its gonna be all Ej can do in the next few months to defend Sami from people. No one is gonna like her reguradless what she does.

Harmony233

sami is not some poor put upon victiim here and its driving me nuts the show is acting like she is goodness sakes she was treated worse in the 90s and suprise she surivied lol

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 10 2013, 08:29 AM
sami is not some poor put upon victiim here and its driving me nuts the show is acting like she is goodness sakes she was treated worse in the 90s and suprise she surivied lol
according to days sami is not victim when bad stuff done to her like sami being raped and led her think her kid is dead and ect...and yet if someone give sami hard time of something she did she is poor victim
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 10 2013, 08:29 AM
Eh, I don't see it as the show trying to paint Sami as a victim. If someody like Marlena was defending her maybe, but it's EJ. Even if she's done something evil, he will defend her. My guess is that Sami is being blamed for Gabi's pain because she was probably yelling at her again and the blame she's getiing will probably seem fairly justified.

Cathalina

Amen. Sami's storyline is not making her any more sympathetic. In fact, she is becoming more and more unlikable. This show has some interesting ideas on how to treat pregnant women, and I hope Sami gets slammed good and hard. EJ defending her makes him more of an idiot.
Edited by Cathalina, Feb 10 2013, 10:34 AM.

annie21

delete

Edited by annie21, Feb 10 2013, 10:34 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

This is February Sweeps, right? Mmmmm, all righty then.....

Vicky4Mimi

camera shy
Feb 10 2013, 02:32 AM
tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 02:19 AM
camera shy
Yeah, I'm sure that's the only reason why they're keeping them in each other's orbit. I was afraid it would be about Safe. ^o)
It will always be about Safe.

Vicky4Mimi

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 10:31 AM
Amen. Sami's storyline is not making her any more sympathetic. In fact, she is becoming more and more unlikable. This show has some interesting ideas on how to treat pregnant women, and I hope Sami gets slammed good and hard. EJ defending her makes him more of an idiot.
They are both idiots. Sami use to know how to defend her ownself. She doesn't need the man the town hates to be doing battle for her. This part of the show gets more and more stupid with each spoiler we get!

Cathalina

Unless this plays out differently, I don't see how this is supposed to make EJ and Sami rootable. For all a few have said about Rafe and Lucas yelling at Sami, sometimes if you truly love someone you try to stop them from doing something truly horrendous or stupid. That's not controlling behavior, that's showing support and concern. EJ dismissing every horrible thing Sami does and defending doesn't make him dreamy or Everett, it makes him look pathetic, weak, and stupid.

angie37
Member Avatar

^^^Viewers, the part of Rafael Hernandez is now being played by EJ Everett DiMera...

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 8 2013, 01:40 AM
Monday ("Chloe Gets Kicked Out")
Daniel invites Chloe to stay with him after Victor kicks her out; Brady has a proposal for Kristen.

Tuesday ("Moving In")
Kristen agrees to move in with Brady; Jennifer is angered by Chloe's new living arrangements.

Wednesday ("Eric Saves Nicole")
Eric rescues Nicole from a dangerous situation; Abigail fears that Cameron knows what she is hiding.

Thursday ("Gabi's Pain")
Gabi is rushed to the hospital with stomach pains; Jennifer gives Daniel an ultimatum.

Friday ("Defending Sami")
EJ defends Sami when Rafe, Nick and Will give her a hard time; Kristen and Brady get into a heated argument.

Daniel and Chloe: At least they have chemistry, their story is boring.
Daniel and Jennifer: Well, I still wonder why this boring duo get so much screen time?
Brady and Kristen: Always interesting.
Nicole and Eric: Hmm something is missing for me to think that they are entertaining their story must spice up a bit more.
EJ and Sami: definitely topnotch and always hot and interesting , their story can be really good and entertaining, and of course EJ going to defend his Samantha, lol

Cathalina

angie37
Feb 10 2013, 11:12 AM
^^^Viewers, the part of Rafael Hernandez is now being played by EJ Everett DiMera...
:hail: You know something, you are right. Rafe did everything for Sami, and looked like an idiot half the time in the process. Now, EJ, please stand up!

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

They have a problem with the character of Sami, to write her as strong the make her slam Nicole's head into a countertop, scream at pregnant women, hell scream at all women in the town and treat people like crap. Then they have these "men" who put up with it making in my opinion, it impossible to root for SAFE or EJAMI.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 11:09 AM
Unless this plays out differently, I don't see how this is supposed to make EJ and Sami rootable. For all a few have said about Rafe and Lucas yelling at Sami, sometimes if you truly love someone you try to stop them from doing something truly horrendous or stupid. That's not controlling behavior, that's showing support and concern. EJ dismissing every horrible thing Sami does and defending doesn't make him dreamy or Everett, it makes him look pathetic, weak, and stupid.
Like you noted the scenes haven't played out yet, so it's hard to judge what happens. With that being said, I don't think EJ defending Sami when he feel she's being attacked equates to him dismissing every horrible thing she does. If he agrees with her, then of course he should stand up for what she says. If he disagrees with her, he should tell her so. And we've already seen him do both since they became a couple this past week (agreeing with her about the paternity test and disagreeing with her about Johnny/Rafe). Based on that, I don't think there's any reason to assume we won't continue to see him both agree and disgaree with her at times.

As to the rootability of Sami and EJ, I don't think we're supposed to be only on their side. That's actually my favorite thing about the Wabi story. Nobody is being painted as the complete villain (save for maybe Nick, but it looks they're giving him a more sympathetic motivation now too) and nobody is the complete victim. Everybody has somewhat valid reasons for their POV, but everybody is being shown as taking questionable actions too. I REALLY like that.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

I need Sami to just die already. This person we are seeing is so not worth it....

Cathalina

Harlee Kin
Feb 10 2013, 11:33 AM
They have a problem with the character of Sami, to write her as strong the make her slam Nicole's head into a countertop, scream at pregnant women, hell scream at all women in the town and treat people like crap. Then they have these "men" who put up with it making in my opinion, it impossible to root for SAFE or EJAMI.
I can't quote two posts or else I would. I agree with this, and this is why this spoiler with EJ defending Sami rubs me wrong. Sami does horrendous things, and she has no problems going after pregnant women. She also wants all of her horrible things excused. Maybe EJ disagreed with her about Johnny/Rafe this week, but given who EJ is defending her to its pretty clear her mouth puts Gabi and the baby in danger. This is not where she deserves defending. This is where she needs to go be a big girl and apologize. EJ defending her makes him look like an idiot.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 11:48 AM
Harlee Kin
Feb 10 2013, 11:33 AM
I can't quote two posts or else I would. I agree with this, and this is why this spoiler with EJ defending Sami rubs me wrong. Sami does horrendous things, and she has no problems going after pregnant women. She also wants all of her horrible things excused. Maybe EJ disagreed with her about Johnny/Rafe this week, but given who EJ is defending her to its pretty clear her mouth puts Gabi and the baby in danger. This is not where she deserves defending. This is where she needs to go be a big girl and apologize. EJ defending her makes him look like an idiot.
I just don't see the story as that black and white. Yes, Sami has been completely unreasonable about Gabi and attacked her unfairly at times. At the same time, we've seen Gabi express how she wishes Nick was the father and we know she's being manipulated by Nick, so there's reason for Sami mistrusting her. And EJ thinks Sami's suspicion is justified because he knows what Gabi is capable of. That all makes sense to me.

Like I said above, I like the story because nobody is really a victim and everybody has done questionable things.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply