Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of February 18th; *updated 2/12*
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 01:40 AM (24,527 Views)
Cathalina

I see your point. However, some things can be black and white. Not yelling at pregnant girls or threatening them is black and white. Sami has gone after Nicole while she was pregnant, and now its Gabi's turn. However, Gabi has defenders, and Sami needs to realize attacking the girl carrying your grandchild will ultimately hurt your son.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dee-anne

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 11:37 AM
Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 11:09 AM
Unless this plays out differently, I don't see how this is supposed to make EJ and Sami rootable. For all a few have said about Rafe and Lucas yelling at Sami, sometimes if you truly love someone you try to stop them from doing something truly horrendous or stupid. That's not controlling behavior, that's showing support and concern. EJ dismissing every horrible thing Sami does and defending doesn't make him dreamy or Everett, it makes him look pathetic, weak, and stupid.
Like you noted the scenes haven't played out yet, so it's hard to judge what happens. With that being said, I don't think EJ defending Sami when he feel she's being attacked equates to him dismissing every horrible thing she does. If he agrees with her, then of course he should stand up for what she says. If he disagrees with her, he should tell her so. And we've already seen him do both since they became a couple this past week (agreeing with her about the paternity test and disagreeing with her about Johnny/Rafe). Based on that, I don't think there's any reason to assume we won't continue to see him both agree and disgaree with her at times.

As to the rootability of Sami and EJ, I don't think we're supposed to be only on their side. That's actually my favorite thing about the Wabi story. Nobody is being painted as the complete villain (save for maybe Nick, but it looks they're giving him a more sympathetic motivation now too) and nobody is the complete victim. Everybody has somewhat valid reasons for their POV, but everybody is being shown as taking questionable actions too. I REALLY like that.
I can't see any valid reason for Sami's disgusting behaviour towards Gabi, and EJ defending her makes him just as unrootable as her. I bet we will be seeing that smug face of hers again once he defends her instead of her showing any remorse.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Feb 10 2013, 12:12 PM
tomsawyer
Cathalina
Unless this plays out differently, I don't see how this is supposed to make EJ and Sami rootable. For all a few have said about Rafe and Lucas yelling at Sami, sometimes if you truly love someone you try to stop them from doing something truly horrendous or stupid. That's not controlling behavior, that's showing support and concern. EJ dismissing every horrible thing Sami does and defending doesn't make him dreamy or Everett, it makes him look pathetic, weak, and stupid.
Like you noted the scenes haven't played out yet, so it's hard to judge what happens. With that being said, I don't think EJ defending Sami when he feel she's being attacked equates to him dismissing every horrible thing she does. If he agrees with her, then of course he should stand up for what she says. If he disagrees with her, he should tell her so. And we've already seen him do both since they became a couple this past week (agreeing with her about the paternity test and disagreeing with her about Johnny/Rafe). Based on that, I don't think there's any reason to assume we won't continue to see him both agree and disgaree with her at times.

As to the rootability of Sami and EJ, I don't think we're supposed to be only on their side. That's actually my favorite thing about the Wabi story. Nobody is being painted as the complete villain (save for maybe Nick, but it looks they're giving him a more sympathetic motivation now too) and nobody is the complete victim. Everybody has somewhat valid reasons for their POV, but everybody is being shown as taking questionable actions too. I REALLY like that.
I can't see any valid reason for Sami's disgusting behaviour towards Gabi, and EJ defending her makes him just as unrootable as her. I bet we will be seeing that smug face of hers again once he defends her instead of her showing any remorse.

That's fine. You are obviously entitled to pick one POV if you want. Personally, I think the writers have made the story more complex than just a tale of right vs. wrong. I'm not on TeamWill or TeamGabi or TeamRafe or or TeamNick or TeamSami, etc., etc. I'm on Team they're all a bunch of fuck ups and that makes the show entertaining.

Dee-anne

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 12:00 PM
Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 11:48 AM
Harlee Kin
Feb 10 2013, 11:33 AM
They have a problem with the character of Sami, to write her as strong the make her slam Nicole's head into a countertop, scream at pregnant women, hell scream at all women in the town and treat people like crap. Then they have these "men" who put up with it making in my opinion, it impossible to root for SAFE or EJAMI.
I can't quote two posts or else I would. I agree with this, and this is why this spoiler with EJ defending Sami rubs me wrong. Sami does horrendous things, and she has no problems going after pregnant women. She also wants all of her horrible things excused. Maybe EJ disagreed with her about Johnny/Rafe this week, but given who EJ is defending her to its pretty clear her mouth puts Gabi and the baby in danger. This is not where she deserves defending. This is where she needs to go be a big girl and apologize. EJ defending her makes him look like an idiot.
I just don't see the story as that black and white. Yes, Sami has been completely unreasonable about Gabi and attacked her unfairly at times. At the same time, we've seen Gabi express how she wishes Nick was the father and we know she's being manipulated by Nick, so there's reason for Sami mistrusting her. And EJ thinks Sami's suspicion is justified because he knows what Gabi is capable of. That all makes sense to me.

Like I said above, I like the story because nobody is really a victim and everybody has done questionable things.
EJ might know what Gabi has done, but Sami does not. The viewers may have seen Gabi express that she wishes Nick was the father but Sami did not. So, there is no excuse for her behaviour towards Gabi.

Also Gabi only wished Nick was the father because of all the problems she is having now with Will being the father. Her brother was warning her about Sami and the possibility of her baby being taken away from her. If Nick was the father there wouldn't have been any problem and she would have been now married to Nick getting ready to raise their baby together.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Feb 10 2013, 12:24 PM
tomsawyer
Cathalina
Harlee Kin
Feb 10 2013, 11:33 AM
They have a problem with the character of Sami, to write her as strong the make her slam Nicole's head into a countertop, scream at pregnant women, hell scream at all women in the town and treat people like crap. Then they have these "men" who put up with it making in my opinion, it impossible to root for SAFE or EJAMI.
I can't quote two posts or else I would. I agree with this, and this is why this spoiler with EJ defending Sami rubs me wrong. Sami does horrendous things, and she has no problems going after pregnant women. She also wants all of her horrible things excused. Maybe EJ disagreed with her about Johnny/Rafe this week, but given who EJ is defending her to its pretty clear her mouth puts Gabi and the baby in danger. This is not where she deserves defending. This is where she needs to go be a big girl and apologize. EJ defending her makes him look like an idiot.
I just don't see the story as that black and white. Yes, Sami has been completely unreasonable about Gabi and attacked her unfairly at times. At the same time, we've seen Gabi express how she wishes Nick was the father and we know she's being manipulated by Nick, so there's reason for Sami mistrusting her. And EJ thinks Sami's suspicion is justified because he knows what Gabi is capable of. That all makes sense to me.

Like I said above, I like the story because nobody is really a victim and everybody has done questionable things.
EJ might know what Gabi has done, but Sami does not. The viewers may have seen Gabi express that she wishes Nick was the father but Sami did not. So, there is no excuse for her behaviour towards Gabi.

Also Gabi only wished Nick was the father because of all the problems she is having now with Will being the father. Her brother was warning her about Sami and the possibility of her baby being taken away from her. If Nick was the father there wouldn't have been any problem and she would have been now married to Nick getting ready to raise their baby together.
Sami knows that Gabi has done something that could've landed her in prison if Rafe had not helped her. Sami knows that Gabi and Nick were planning on never telling anybody the baby was Will's. Sami knows that Gabi is influenced by Nick and she knows Nick is not above breaking the law. Put that all together and I think Sami has reasons for her suspicions of Gabi. Like I've said MULTIPLE times, I disagree with how Sami has treated Gabi, but I do think she has some valid reasons for her POV.

ILoveAGoodDanish
Member Avatar

Eric and Nicole :cheer: :whooohooo:

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 12:39 PM
Dee-anne
tomsawyer
Cathalina

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Sami knows that Gabi has done something that could've landed her in prison if Rafe had not helped her. Sami knows that Gabi and Nick were planning on never telling anybody the baby was Will's. Sami knows that Gabi is influenced by Nick and she knows Nick is not above breaking the law. Put that all together and I think Sami has reasons for her suspicions of Gabi. Like I've said MULTIPLE times, I disagree with how Sami has treated Gabi, but I do think she has some valid reasons for her POV.
Sami also knows what she herself has done in the past regarding paternity issues. She is obviously predisposed to expect the worst from Gabi. Her past experiences also enable her to see the dynamic between Nick/Gabi that Will is blind to. All of that, plus the fact that she knows that Gabi did something for which she could have gone to jail, pretty much ensures that Sami will be focused on Gabi's every action.

Dee-anne

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 12:22 PM
Dee-anne
Feb 10 2013, 12:12 PM
tomsawyer
Cathalina

That's fine. You are obviously entitled to pick one POV if you want. Personally, I think the writers have made the story more complex than just a tale of right vs. wrong. I'm not on TeamWill or TeamGabi or TeamRafe or or TeamNick or TeamSami, etc., etc. I'm on Team they're all a bunch of fuck ups and that makes the show entertaining.
I am not on anybody's team either. My favorite one in this story is Nick and mainly because he such a good actor, and I love the way he argues his points with Will.

Personally, I think a big deal is being made out of somthing that shouldn't really be a big deal. Gabi was fine with Will being the father, and being in his baby's life, and Will was happy with that too. The decision should be between the mother and father and every one else should just butt out. End of story; but, the writers wanted to create drama out of this.

Sami is being unreasonably nasty towards Gabi, and it does not seem to matter to her what Gabi says or what Will says in explaining things, she still continues to be horrid to Gabi. Even though Sami may have forgotten all the horrible things she herself has done, The audience have not forgotten, and she has done far worst than Gabi. Far worst than anyone else in this story with the exception of EJ. Now that I have mentioned EJ, it makes her behaviour towards Gabi seem more ridiculous, considering the things that EJ has done to her but, she is now back in his bed.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 10 2013, 10:49 AM
camera shy
Feb 10 2013, 02:32 AM
tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 02:19 AM
camera shy
Feb 10 2013, 02:07 AM
Is Rafe still going to be having scenes with Sami every week? I thought they give it a rest for a little while.
I'm not sure why you'd think that since they are both heavily involved in the Wabi baby story. They will most likely continue to share scenes just like all the major players in that storyline are sharing scenes.
Yeah, I'm sure that's the only reason why they're keeping them in each other's orbit. I was afraid it would be about Safe. ^o)
It will always be about Safe.
On the actual show or in fanfics?

Because that's not what I'm seeing on screen.
Edited by SoapGal1, Feb 10 2013, 01:22 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 10 2013, 01:21 PM
Vicky4Mimi
camera shy
tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 02:19 AM

Yeah, I'm sure that's the only reason why they're keeping them in each other's orbit. I was afraid it would be about Safe. ^o)

I don't like any pairing of Sami's currently, but I believe this is still all about Safe. I could be completely wrong, but it seems like the Wabi baby and fallout + EJ are all stumbling blocks being put in front of them.

Cristina3690

I read Nick Gabi tells him not to worry about the paternity test because that will never happen.

Maybe Nick and Gabi plan to pretend the pain after Sami go to see them.

Thus convinced Will would not to do the paternity test the risk involved and everyone would against Sami, including his own son, because supposedly has been the cause.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 10 2013, 01:39 PM
SoapGal1
Vicky4Mimi
camera shy

I don't like any pairing of Sami's currently, but I believe this is still all about Safe. I could be completely wrong, but it seems like the Wabi baby and fallout + EJ are all stumbling blocks being put in front of them.
I would buy that if either one of EJ or Sami were scheming, but it doesn't seem that they are.

They seem to be getting the "couple" treatment for the time being.

Dee-anne

gailwinters
Feb 10 2013, 12:51 PM
tomsawyer
Dee-anne
tomsawyer

Sami also knows what she herself has done in the past regarding paternity issues. She is obviously predisposed to expect the worst from Gabi. Her past experiences also enable her to see the dynamic between Nick/Gabi that Will is blind to. All of that, plus the fact that she knows that Gabi did something for which she could have gone to jail, pretty much ensures that Sami will be focused on Gabi's every action.
None of these reasons give Sami a right to be so nasty to Gabi.

If she has a problem with Nick, take it out on Nick if she is so convinced that he is influencing Gabi.

She was also told that it was Gabi, Nick and Will that came to the decision not to tell anyone. Gabi told her and Will told her. Will told her that he knew from the very beginning that the child was his. So, this situation is not similiar to what she did in the past and what she did was worst.

She seems to be taking everything out on Gabi when Will her son was also keeping the truth from her.

She has no idea what Gabi did, that may have caused her to go to prison. It could be anything, so that does not give her a right or a reason to be attacking her, considering this is all about her not being told that the child was Will's.

After everything was explained to her, there was no reason left for her to continue being horrible to Gabi, but that did not stop her. If she does not trust Nick, then take it out on Nick, not the mother of her grandchild. I am not even invested in this story but, Sami's behaviour was awful. Good on Rafe for leaving her. She is disgusting.

jaygal
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dee-anne
tomsawyer
Cathalina

Yes, I can't stand Sami at the moment and I think EJ is an arse, but I don't think things are always so simple as Sami is just a mean cowbag (even though she is!). In her mind she's protecting Will and that may mean shouting at a pregnant lady. She's also just angry that Gabi lied to her. I'd be annoyed too if I were Sami.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 10 2013, 01:44 PM
blueskies
Feb 10 2013, 01:39 PM
SoapGal1
Vicky4Mimi

I would buy that if either one of EJ or Sami were scheming, but it doesn't seem that they are.

They seem to be getting the "couple" treatment for the time being.

Yeah, I'm seeing nothing on-screen to indicate that this is Safe angst. GT is pretty obvious when it's angst. Ejami-Safe 2010 or Dannifer-Danloe 2013 is how he does it. If this was angst, EJ would've done something to trick Sami into being with him and she'd be dreaming of Rafe, just like in 2010. Ejami is getting couple writing as of now.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Feb 10 2013, 01:53 PM
gailwinters
Feb 10 2013, 12:51 PM
tomsawyer
Dee-anne

None of these reasons give Sami a right to be so nasty to Gabi.

If she has a problem with Nick, take it out on Nick if she is so convinced that he is influencing Gabi.

She was also told that it was Gabi, Nick and Will that came to the decision not to tell anyone. Gabi told her and Will told her. Will told her that he knew from the very beginning that the child was his. So, this situation is not similiar to what she did in the past and what she did was worst.

She seems to be taking everything out on Gabi when Will her son was also keeping the truth from her.

She has no idea what Gabi did, that may have caused her to go to prison. It could be anything, so that does not give her a right or a reason to be attacking her, considering this is all about her not being told that the child was Will's.

After everything was explained to her, there was no reason left for her to continue being horrible to Gabi, but that did not stop her. If she does not trust Nick, then take it out on Nick, not the mother of her grandchild. I am not even invested in this story but, Sami's behaviour was awful. Good on Rafe for leaving her. She is disgusting.
Personally, I think this is exactly true Sami, she is selfish, impulsive, and have hot temper, so of course she gives Gabi a pice of her mind when it comes to protecting her son's rights as a father, nothing strange at all with it it makes perfect sense when it comes to Sami. :)

Cathalina

Just because it makes perfect sense for Sami does not make it right or feasible. There's something called "growing up" that one can expect from a person. Sami acting like this as a young teen mom was one thing. This is quite another. Also, when evaluating Gabi- doing something that could have gotten her thrown into prison unless her brother got involved- ummm...what about Will? Did he or did he not shoot EJ and let his father take the fall? What makes Will any better than Gabi?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I honestly believe that Will's rights as a father are secondary in Sami's mind when it comes to the pregnancy debacle. In her very first confrontation with Gabi after the reveal, Sami outright said that she wasn't going to let Gabi keep the baby away from her.

This whole custody battle mess is just a result of Sami being angry that she was lied to and that her grandchild wasn't going to be in her life even though Nick,Will,and Gabi all agreed to it. Even more recently it's become a pissing match between her and Rafe.

Sami may have some very valid points about Will fighting for his parental rights (especially when you consider what the viewers know of Nick) and of course she wants Will to be able to have access to his child, but I just don't believe that she's doing all of these things primarily for Will's sake.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 02:54 PM
Just because it makes perfect sense for Sami does not make it right or feasible. There's something called "growing up" that one can expect from a person. Sami acting like this as a young teen mom was one thing. This is quite another. Also, when evaluating Gabi- doing something that could have gotten her thrown into prison unless her brother got involved- ummm...what about Will? Did he or did he not shoot EJ and let his father take the fall? What makes Will any better than Gabi?
Sami is wrong to behave the way she did and Will is no better than Gabi, but that is part of the fun of this. I don't think any of them are in the right.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 02:54 PM
I'm loving Sami acting like an irrational, hypocritical bitch!!

It suits her.

I don't want to watch characters be all rational & noble all the time.

Boring.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply