Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of February 18th; *updated 2/12*
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 01:40 AM (24,253 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 02:54 PM
Just because it makes perfect sense for Sami does not make it right or feasible. There's something called "growing up" that one can expect from a person. Sami acting like this as a young teen mom was one thing. This is quite another. Also, when evaluating Gabi- doing something that could have gotten her thrown into prison unless her brother got involved- ummm...what about Will? Did he or did he not shoot EJ and let his father take the fall? What makes Will any better than Gabi?
Well, Will is Sami's son, so obviously, she thinks he's better than Gabi.

I don't see people saying that Sami's behavior is necessarily right or excusable, but I think her reasons for feeling and acting the way she does are understandable.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cathalina

I am going to say agree to disagree on this one. I don't find Sami's behavior excusable unless she was a child under 10. There can be real consequences and fall out here. At the very least, she is alienating the mother of her grandchild. While she is right to protect her son's interests, lambasting a pregnant girl when the mood strikes her is not an acceptable way to do it IMO.
Edited by Cathalina, Feb 10 2013, 03:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 10 2013, 03:00 PM
Cathalina
Just because it makes perfect sense for Sami does not make it right or feasible. There's something called "growing up" that one can expect from a person. Sami acting like this as a young teen mom was one thing. This is quite another. Also, when evaluating Gabi- doing something that could have gotten her thrown into prison unless her brother got involved- ummm...what about Will? Did he or did he not shoot EJ and let his father take the fall? What makes Will any better than Gabi?
I'm loving Sami acting like an irrational, hypocritical bitch!!

It suits her.

I don't want to watch characters be all rational & noble all the time.

Boring.
I don't want to see everyone acting hunky-dory 100% of the time either, however it does not make me want to punch Sami's teeth out any less for the way she's acting.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
THIS!
#TeamIrrationalHypocriticalBitch!Sami FTW! :rockon:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 10 2013, 04:00 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
I'm going to go back and find your posts that state exactly the opposite. And I know you know I know where to find them. ;)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 10 2013, 04:41 PM
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
I'm going to go back and find your posts that state exactly the opposite. And I know you know I know where to find them. ;)
You're just mean mean mean.

Cathalina

blueskies
Feb 10 2013, 03:09 PM
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
I don't want to see everyone acting hunky-dory 100% of the time either, however it does not make me want to punch Sami's teeth out any less for the way she's acting.
Lol! I love this post! Sami isn't even a love to hate character like Kate

Dee-anne

SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
I am not enjoying her one little bit. It is not even an excuse to say it is Sami being Sami. She should be beyond these irrational behaviour by now, and when she behaves like that I don't find it amusing or entertaining. I just want her off my screen. She is a grown woman with four children, they should have her start behaving more mature now, and give her a brain. She hasn't got one. I constanlty have to be rolling my eyes if I happen to see her, and hear her speak.

I enjoy watching Nick and he certainly is not boring. I enjoy watching Nicole and I never find her boring and there are others. Characters can be flawed but, with Sami they are making her downright unrootable. She is not interesting, just stupid.

Edited by Dee-anne, Feb 10 2013, 04:52 PM.

AFaithL

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 10 2013, 03:59 PM
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
THIS!
#TeamIrrationalHypocriticalBitch!Sami FTW! :rockon:
If only Tomlin would write her that way. But he seems to want her to be a heroine.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Feb 10 2013, 04:48 PM
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
I am not enjoying her one little bit. It is not even an excuse to say it is Sami being Sami. She should be beyond these irrational behaviour by now, and when she behaves like that I don't find it amusing or entertaining. I just want her off my screen. She is a grown woman with four children, they should have her start behaving more mature now, and give her a brain. She hasn't got one. I constanlty have to be rolling my eyes if I happen to see her, and hear her speak.

I enjoy watching Nick and he certainly is not boring. I enjoy watching Nicole and I never find her boring and there are others. Characters can be flawed but, with Sami they are making her downright unrootable. She is not interesting, just stupid.

Well, I disagree with you, I find her very entertaining right now, when she played nice little housewife to Rafe, she was a real bore and not entertaining at all, so this Sami is perfect for entertainment value. IMO :)

spartan
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 10 2013, 03:01 PM
Cathalina
Well, Will is Sami's son, so obviously, she thinks he's better than Gabi.

I don't see people saying that Sami's behavior is necessarily right or excusable, but I think her reasons for feeling and acting the way she does are understandable.
Yup. Sami's in 'mama bear' mode. It doesn't matter if Will is in the right or Will is better or worse than Gabi. Will is her son and that is all Sami thinks of when she in this mode.

Couple that with Sami realizing Gabi is in some (or many) ways just like herself and she is scared s***less of what Gabi is capable of doing to Will and her future granddaughter.

Add to that how she views Will...a good boy who is loyal "to a fault" and she doesn't think he's capable of handling this all on his own.

It's the makings for Sami to go into overdrive with her antics. She's not in the right but I do enjoy watching her this way.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
Soapy, I like it when you're irrational and hypocritical.

It suits you.

I don't want posters to be rational and noble all the time.

Boring.

P.S. You're my Sami to Lysie's Marlena
Edited by tomsawyer, Feb 10 2013, 05:24 PM.

spartan
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Feb 10 2013, 02:57 PM
I honestly believe that Will's rights as a father are secondary in Sami's mind when it comes to the pregnancy debacle. In her very first confrontation with Gabi after the reveal, Sami outright said that she wasn't going to let Gabi keep the baby away from her.

This whole custody battle mess is just a result of Sami being angry that she was lied to and that her grandchild wasn't going to be in her life even though Nick,Will,and Gabi all agreed to it. Even more recently it's become a pissing match between her and Rafe.

Sami may have some very valid points about Will fighting for his parental rights (especially when you consider what the viewers know of Nick) and of course she wants Will to be able to have access to his child, but I just don't believe that she's doing all of these things primarily for Will's sake.
Oh, I agree Sami is not doing all of this solely with Will's rights in mind. She's protecting her rights as well. Will's are the primary motive in her mind, but I think she does put herself right along in there as well. So does Lucas. Lucas and Sami had a conversation about it and Lucas was the voice of reason reminding her that Gabi is the gateway to having access to their grandchild. She and Rafe also had the discussion and Rafe tried to tell her she didn't have any rights. EJ jumped in and reminded Rafe that she would have 'plenty of rights'.

So yeah, that's there and I wouldn't think we are supposed to think any differently based on those scenes they've given us. Plus, it's Sami. So....yeah. LOL.

Dee-anne

The Scorpion
Feb 10 2013, 04:56 PM
Dee-anne
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.

Well, I disagree with you, I find her very entertaining right now, when she played nice little housewife to Rafe, she was a real bore and not entertaining at all, so this Sami is perfect for entertainment value. IMO :)
I find Sami boring with EJ also, not just with Rafe but, at least when she was with Rafe and before she decided to cheat on him with EJ, I could stand her then. Now, she has no cause to be criticising anyone, not Kristen, Not Brady, not Rafe, Not Gabi. and she should never again call anyone a slut.

It was a joke, and not a funny one, hearing her ciritcise Brady for being with Kristen when she has gone back with EJ of all people. Then to listen to her going on at Gabi, all I want to do is tell her to shut up, and dont open her mouth again until she has something sensible to say, that does not highlight what a hypocrite she is.

PS. I do know we won't agree, just stating my opinion on Sami Brady. I also am liking her scenes with Rafe, now that he is not sucking up to her like EJ is.
Edited by Dee-anne, Feb 10 2013, 05:25 PM.

AFaithL

I sooooo enjoy Rafe now that he isn't worshipping at Sami's altar.

AFaithL

Angie79
Feb 10 2013, 12:38 AM
Kristen and Brady get into a heated argument.
I hope it leads to some passionate sex.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Feb 10 2013, 05:22 PM
The Scorpion
Feb 10 2013, 04:56 PM
Dee-anne
SoapGal1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I find Sami boring with EJ also, not just with Rafe but, at least when she was with Rafe and before she decided to cheat on him with EJ, I could stand her then. Now, she has no cause to be criticising anyone, not Kristen, Not Brady, not Rafe, Not Gabi. and she should never again call anyone a slut.

It was a joke, and not a funny one, hearing her ciritcise Brady for being with Kristen when she has gone back with EJ of all people. Then to listen to her going on at Gabi, all I want to do is tell her to shut up, and dont open her mouth again until she has something sensible to say, that does not highlight what a hypocrite she is.

PS. I do know we won't agree, just stating my opinion on Sami Brady. I also am liking her scenes with Rafe, now that he is not sucking up to her like EJ is.
I respect your opinion, hey we all have different opinions and find different things entertaining, I usually just like complex characters also stage presence is important for me to be interested in a character, and chemistry is an important factor :)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 05:12 PM
lysie
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
Soapy, I like it when you're irrational and hypocritical.

It suits you.

I don't want posters to be rational and noble all the time.

Boring.

P.S. You're my Sami to Lysie's Marlena
My love for you just grew exponentially.

Meanwhile, I've got to find Lysie in some compromising hypocritical position so I can hold it over her head for eternity.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 10 2013, 05:33 PM
I sooooo enjoy Rafe now that he isn't worshipping at Sami's altar.
I can not say that I find the character Rafe entertaining, the character lacks something for me to be interested, they might spice him up down the road, but stage presence is not there. IMO

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 10 2013, 04:44 PM
lysie
SoapGal1
Cathalina

It suits her.

Boring.
You're just mean mean mean.
Likening yourself to Susan Banks really helps your argument.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply