Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of February 18th; *updated 2/12*
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 01:40 AM (24,546 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 12:22 PM
Dee-anne
Feb 10 2013, 12:12 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 11:37 AM
Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 11:09 AM
Unless this plays out differently, I don't see how this is supposed to make EJ and Sami rootable. For all a few have said about Rafe and Lucas yelling at Sami, sometimes if you truly love someone you try to stop them from doing something truly horrendous or stupid. That's not controlling behavior, that's showing support and concern. EJ dismissing every horrible thing Sami does and defending doesn't make him dreamy or Everett, it makes him look pathetic, weak, and stupid.
Like you noted the scenes haven't played out yet, so it's hard to judge what happens. With that being said, I don't think EJ defending Sami when he feel she's being attacked equates to him dismissing every horrible thing she does. If he agrees with her, then of course he should stand up for what she says. If he disagrees with her, he should tell her so. And we've already seen him do both since they became a couple this past week (agreeing with her about the paternity test and disagreeing with her about Johnny/Rafe). Based on that, I don't think there's any reason to assume we won't continue to see him both agree and disgaree with her at times.

As to the rootability of Sami and EJ, I don't think we're supposed to be only on their side. That's actually my favorite thing about the Wabi story. Nobody is being painted as the complete villain (save for maybe Nick, but it looks they're giving him a more sympathetic motivation now too) and nobody is the complete victim. Everybody has somewhat valid reasons for their POV, but everybody is being shown as taking questionable actions too. I REALLY like that.
I can't see any valid reason for Sami's disgusting behaviour towards Gabi, and EJ defending her makes him just as unrootable as her. I bet we will be seeing that smug face of hers again once he defends her instead of her showing any remorse.

That's fine. You are obviously entitled to pick one POV if you want. Personally, I think the writers have made the story more complex than just a tale of right vs. wrong. I'm not on TeamWill or TeamGabi or TeamRafe or or TeamNick or TeamSami, etc., etc. I'm on Team they're all a bunch of fuck ups and that makes the show entertaining.
You know, this is a good point. The show has been lacking this whole "Shades of gray" thing for a while (I'm assuming, based on what I read here). It's interesting to have that NOT because the actors are bringing that across (again, I'm assuming, but AZ's portrayal of Nicole the last year or two), but because the writing is bringing it. Makes me wish I hadn't given up my DVR (although I like the extra $50 a month it takes off my cable bill, LOL)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SoapGal1
Feb 10 2013, 03:00 PM
Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 02:54 PM
Just because it makes perfect sense for Sami does not make it right or feasible. There's something called "growing up" that one can expect from a person. Sami acting like this as a young teen mom was one thing. This is quite another. Also, when evaluating Gabi- doing something that could have gotten her thrown into prison unless her brother got involved- ummm...what about Will? Did he or did he not shoot EJ and let his father take the fall? What makes Will any better than Gabi?
I'm loving Sami acting like an irrational, hypocritical bitch!!

It suits her.

I don't want to watch characters be all rational & noble all the time.

Boring.
Yeah, I like her irrational, too. What I don't like is that she got the guy. For now. ;) I'm used to Sami being a loser in love, and for some reason, I want her to stay that way.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Apparently sami is tearing a page out of jenn`s book by harrassing a pregnant woman. After all the lying, baby selling, paternity switching she`s done throughout the years, she needs to put a serious lid on it. And as long as she`s waltzing around salem with her own tormentor, she has no room to speak or move. EJ should be crowned `flunky king` because he wears the title proudly. Anything/everything that she says & does is a-ok with him. Still think that this story is turning into too much about sami. To me, more emphasis is being placed on her reaction instead of will/gabi. And that needs to stop.
Yay to eric & nicole! About time they get this show on the road. I predict some sizzling times ahead whenever nicole begins having some shirtless fantasies.
And of course, I love anything Bristen. The kiriakis mansion will be rockin` with antics for sure now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I am curious to see what AZ and GV will bring to the table as their relationship begin to change. They are both beautiful people and sometimes the best looking people never have the best romantic chemistry. I am hoping they prove me wrong. I really want to like them and it hasn't been easy for this fan.

AFaithL

Laufeyson
Feb 11 2013, 01:57 AM
I am curious to see what AZ and GV will bring to the table as their relationship begin to change. They are both beautiful people and sometimes the best looking people never have the best romantic chemistry. I am hoping they prove me wrong. I really want to like them and it hasn't been easy for this fan.
From the way Corday hinted, "we're a long way off from where the audience THINKS we're going", it looks like they dropped the romance angle. I would love to be proven wrong.

bomber
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 11 2013, 02:27 AM
Laufeyson
From the way Corday hinted, "we're a long way off from where the audience THINKS we're going", it looks like they dropped the romance angle. I would love to be proven wrong.
Well at the moment they're going nowhere so anything will be a welcome change of pace. it's weird how characters like Nick are brought in and thrown straight into a romance complete with major storyline and then Eric hangs around for months not doing anything. I'm sure the ideal pace is somewhere in the middle.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

bomber
Feb 11 2013, 02:44 AM
AFaithL
Laufeyson
Well at the moment they're going nowhere so anything will be a welcome change of pace. it's weird how characters like Nick are brought in and thrown straight into a romance complete with major storyline and then Eric hangs around for months not doing anything. I'm sure the ideal pace is somewhere in the middle.
I didn't think Eric was "not doing anything." Romantically, nada but the writers did something smart with him: they established his character first. We have seen that this path in life in a serious one. He's committed his life to the church and plans on doing this for the rest of his life. They also fleshed out hisbackstory while he was gone and show him as a priest (advising his friends and family, doing Nabi's almost wedding, etc.) to further solidify that this is who he is and it's important to him. So, if/when Eric gives it up for Nicole, it will have a bigger impact for we'll know that he's giving up something important to him for Nicole. Why, because he loves her that much. A s/l with Ericole requires these beats to play out slowly and over a lengthy period of time.

I wish they did this with new characters of the past: esrablish and solidify who they are before pushing them in a relationship. Maybe then, the audience would like them and they wouldn't end up killed off or in another country.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 11 2013, 03:39 AM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
I can see chemistry between them, I just want to see more...

I lucked out in regard to my favorite couples on this show- not only are they beautiful people, but they have amazing chemistry, romantic or not!
Speaking of Bo & Hope. Chad & Abigail and Will & Sonny.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

bomber
Feb 11 2013, 02:44 AM
AFaithL
Laufeyson
This is very disappointing. I love BB and think he's doing great but I hate his s/l and the one I'm interested in is the one that's not going anywhere if KC is to be believed.

lysie
Member Avatar

Rafe thinks he knows what happened to Nick in prison.
Jennifer shows up at Daniel's doorstep to apologize.
Nicole thinks there's nothing left for her in Salem.
Eric is in grave danger.
Gabi is hit with pains and is rushed to the hospital.
EJ questions Rafe about Kate.

Tuesday- Brady and Kristen agree to move in together
Friday- Sonny reads Will’s undelivered Valentine’s Day card

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

I'm very interested to know two things, one, they BETTER be moving into the DiMera mansion, where Kristin belongs, It was hers and "Tony's" then hers and John's... and second, if they do, are we gonna see the upstairs of there for the first time in YEEEARS?! (I'm not positive, but I don't remember seeing it after John moved back in with Kristin as a rouse for Roman so he would think he was with Kristin and Marlena was still his.)

And, I know a lot will probably hate me for this but... If she moves into the mansion her next act should be renovating the cellar... If they did it right...

For example, I thought the idea in itself of Vivian trying to bury someone else alive, getting caught, and put in there herself, was brilliant. but, it just went on too long. And with her HAVING air, there was no drama. But If they made it interesting, I personally would love the secret room revisited.
Edited by Mean, Mean, Mean!, Feb 11 2013, 09:46 AM.

Will&Sonny

AFaithL
Laufeyson
That's not how I interpreted the statement. To me, he was saying, "The audience thinks that we're headed toward a forbidden romance for Eric and Nicole. While I won't confirm or deny that, I will say that if that were the direction that this story were headed in, it wouldn't be happening any time soon. It would take a while to get to that point."

But that's just my interpretation. I really don't care either way, since Greg Vaughan has managed to completely ruin my interest in a character whom I had been looking forward to seeing back in Salem, paired with Nicole, for years.

Will&Sonny

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Feb 11 2013, 09:41 AM
I'm very interested to know two things, one, they BETTER be moving into the DiMera mansion, where Kristin belongs,
I think that Kristen's moving in with Brady, not the other way around -- so she'd be moving into the Kiriakis mansion. That's how the spoilers have read, anyway.

In any case, I do want to see Kristen in the DiMera mansion (hell, I just want to see the DiMera mansion again, period), but she has already stated that she won't move into the mansion until Stefano returns to Salem. She doesn't want to live there unless he's also there. Of course, she could change her mind at the whims of the writers, but that's what she said when she first arrived in Salem.

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 11 2013, 01:59 PM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Feb 11 2013, 09:41 AM
I'm very interested to know two things, one, they BETTER be moving into the DiMera mansion, where Kristin belongs,
I think that Kristen's moving in with Brady, not the other way around -- so she'd be moving into the Kiriakis mansion. That's how the spoilers have read, anyway.

In any case, I do want to see Kristen in the DiMera mansion (hell, I just want to see the DiMera mansion again, period), but she has already stated that she won't move into the mansion until Stefano returns to Salem. She doesn't want to live there unless he's also there. Of course, she could change her mind at the whims of the writers, but that's what she said when she first arrived in Salem.

Thanks, I guess I missed her saying that.

aurore

It occurs to me that Sami must think that the appropriate behavior towards a pregnant woman IS to harass and yell at her, perhaps even threaten her life. After all, EJ did everything he could to endanger the twins while Sami was pregnant. Sami doesn't seem to have a problem with that. All of that being said, it would appear that these plankton are perfect for each other. :x

mer4santo
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 05:12 PM

I don't want posters to be rational and noble all the time.

Boring.
This is the Internet, no worries

WillFan
Member Avatar

Making things worse.

Dr. Cameron realizes that his girlfriend is a virgin. Abby turns fifty shades of pink. She has to admit it though. However, her week isn’t nearly as rough as her mother’s. Chloe manages to make herself homeless. That turns out to be easy when Victor is the master of the house. The divaꞌs plan continues to pan out as Dr. Dan agrees to let her and their son move into his pad. Jenn is aghast. She explodes at the doctor. He explains that he will actually be staying in a hotel room but sheꞌs too angry to understand. The Horton storms off to attack Chloe, who remains confident that she is on the road to getting Daniel back. Jenn decides to make amends with her doctor, but demands more from him than he was expecting. She orders him to cut all ties with Chloe and get a lawyer to handle all custody issues. He thinks thatꞌs way over the top but she refuses to compromise.

After seeing how distraught Nicole is following a vicious fight with Lucas, Father Eric starts to think that she may still have feelings for her ex-husband. Before he can get to the bottom of her emotional turmoil, Nic decides on going back to her all purpose plan of leaving town when things get ugly. While she tries to run, Eric finds himself facing danger. Nic walks in on the priest being held at gunpoint by one of Salem’s junkies. She winds up in the middle of the scuffle. Although Eric saves Nicole, he ends up seriously wounded. Fearing that he’s headed for paradise without her, she yelps that she loves him. When he regains consciousness, she worries that he may have actually heard her profession of love.

Stefano pushes his daughter to stick with her plan to marry ‘the idiot’ when she starts to get cold feet about being so brutal. Brady is eager to move in with her. Kristen still has her doubts. Those are silenced after she has another run-in with angry Marlena. The shrink’s week continues to get worse after she receives a call from John that she can’t get enthusiastic about. Meanwhile, things get heated between Kristen and Brady when she throws his cohabitation plans for a loop. She does her best to convince him to move into Casa DiMera with her… and Stefano.

Rafe and Kate work together to try and convince Nick to delay the wedding. Nick won’t listen. Little does he know that his problems are about to get worse as one of his old fellow convicts stands perched for release. Meanwhile, Rafe continues trying to defend his sister. Fresh from getting an earful from Julie, Sami lashes out at Gabi. Rafe does his best to stop her tirade but Gabi freaks out and starts screaming in pain. She’s rushed to the hospital. Will joins Nick and Rafe to blame Sami. After they order her to stay away from the pregnant woman, Sami sneaks into her room to apologize. This only leads to Gabi going into premature labor. This also leads to everyone lashing out at Sami again, who insists that she was only trying to do the right thing. Elvis stands up for her. The labor halts and then Nick goes off on Sami. Amidst all of the turmoil, Sonny shows up to try and offer Will some support. He realizes how deep Willꞌs feelings for him really go.

http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/02/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-for-february-18-22/

michr544125

Awwww so glad Sonny goes to comfort Will. I had a feeling it would go down like that and the baby that Nick wanted to tear Wilson apart actually brings them together. And it sounds like this is after he reads the letter from Will and realizes just how deep his feelings are for Sonny.

Are they really making Will this stupid, though? This is getting so annoying how naive Will is.

Hoping Sonny can now Get Will to see the light. I really hope Sonny tells Will about what Gabi did. So far, Will doesn't get just how vindictive Gabi is. I'm tired of these secrets between them. If they are going for a battle all secrets need to come out between Will and Sonny.

angie37
Member Avatar

More Ericole action this week? :wub:

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

So Cameron & Abby are now boyfriend/girlfriend ?? Ugh, I wish their & Chad's appearances weren't so far apart... I need Chad onscreen, please...

Dannifer/Chloe ~ Who cares?? Anne is the only interesting character dealing with those people.

Totally looking forward to see Lucas, Eric & Nicole scenes.

Kristen/Marlena/Stefano/Brady sounds amazing! I hope she can convince him to move into Casa DiMera, lol!

Yay, so we're getting a Julie/Sami scene! I love that Sonny shows up at the hospital to support Will.

Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 12 2013, 06:09 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply