Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for January 28th - Feb 1st
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 01:59 AM (3,135 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,698,000 (+125,000/-251,000)
2. B&B 3,537,000 (+45,000/+116,000)
3. GH 2,847,000 (-61,000/+638,000)
4. DAYS 2,624,000 (-109,000/+245,0[00)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/11 (+.1/-.1)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (same/+.1)
3. GH 2.1/6 (same/+.5)
4. DAYS 2.0/6 (-.1/+.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 824,000 (+21,000/-90,000)
2. B&B 708,000 (+51,000/same)
3. GH 628,000 (-18,000/+36,000)
4. DAYS 560,000 (-31,000/+60,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/same)
3. GH 1.0/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.9/5 (same/+.1)
5. The Talk 0.8/5
5. The View 0.8/5

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 221,000 (+13,000/-1,000)
2. GH 212,000 (-11,000/+56,000)
3. B&B 193,000 (+43,000/+29,000)
4. DAYS 189,000 (+5,000/+44,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (+.1/same)
2. DAYS 0.6 (+.1/+.2)
2. B&B 0.6 (+.2/+.1)
2. GH 0.6 (-.1/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.8/
Tuesday: 2.7/
Wednesday: 2.6/
Thursday: 2.6/
Friday: 2.5/

DAYS
Monday: 2.1/2,849,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,520,000
Wednesday: 2.0/2,605,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,705,000
Friday: 1.8/2,442,000

GH
Monday: 2.2/2,940,000
Tuesday: 2.2/2,981,000
Wednesday: 2.1/2,792,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,745,000
Friday: 2.1/2,779,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/4,762,000
Tuesday: 3.5/5,021,000
Wednesday: 3.5/4,650,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,643,000
Friday: 3.3/4,412,000

Source: SON
Edited by Rick, Feb 14 2013, 10:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

YR got a nice little bump. As much as the Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle sucks. It is good for B&B ratings wise.

Jair

Everytime rating surprise me more and more. Really, B&B right now it's one of the most boring, stupid and flat things on tv and keeps going up.

DOOL and GH are not perfect but sure they are trying: they have more storylines, more characters, more twists... maybe I'm the strange one

Alin89
Member Avatar

im loving gh right now.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

and Days for the most part in still last! Well thats what they get for boring most of the viewers to death!

lysie
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Feb 8 2013, 07:38 AM
and Days for the most part in still last! Well thats what they get for boring most of the viewers to death!
Too bad it's actually doing really well in the ratings. ;)

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Keep on keepin' on, General Hospital! :)

I can't wait to see what the ratings are like in April and May when the 50th anniversary show(s) start to make an impact and hopefully TPTB will utilize all these iconic vets in not just recurring, supporting roles but as frontburner leads the way they were in the 1970's and 1980's.

This will be, as RuPaul and the girls put it, sickening!

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

How can DAYS be doing really well when they are in last place - they lost 109.000 viewers from last week - and the day the golden couple started there romp they brought in a 1.8 the lowest ratings for the week. I must be missing something :shrug: - GH is kicking butt again this week :applause: Y&R I thought this week was a little slow and more filler then anything :popcorn: and B&B I don't watch! I guess the good ratings for Y&R, B&B, GH is they don't alienate viewers! :frustration:

Bee
Member Avatar

Not bad considering how horribly the soaps had been doing. It's nice to see a steady climb back up again.

I agree with Jair though. WTF is up with B&B? That show is horrible. Days and GH wipe the floor with that dated snoozefest. I guess it's just the nature of the beast. Both shows were so consistently awful for the past few years that I can see why a lot of people just gave up and jumped to Y&R or quit altogether. It'll take more than, "It's good now! We swear! Come back! We've got Chex Mix and Cheerios" to bring them back. It does seem like people are slowly peeking at them again though. Rightly so.

blueskies
Member Avatar

can we stop arguing about "last place"? There are only 4 shows left so it seems ridiculous. Days prior ratings should be their only standard of comparison. And they did of course go down a bit this week, however they had gained quite a bit in the last few, so that's to be expected since the wedding fiasco is over. Hopefully they don't fall further though.

Bee
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Feb 8 2013, 10:48 AM
How can DAYS be doing really well when they are in last place - they lost 109.000 viewers from last week - and the day the golden couple started there romp they brought in a 1.8 the lowest ratings for the week. I must be missing something :shrug: - GH is kicking butt again this week :applause: Y&R I thought this week was a little slow and more filler then anything :popcorn: and B&B I don't watch! I guess the good ratings for Y&R, B&B, GH is they don't alienate viewers! :frustration:
That is a tad overgeneralized. Sami and EJ being interrupted by Rafe wasn't the only thing going on that day. Will saw Sonny kissing the Pretty Boy and then hung out with Justin. Maggie self-riotously judged Chloe as she schemed against Dannifer's romantic weekend of epic boringness and Hope borrowed some sleeping bags. Salem is a busy place.

Plus, Fridays have consistently been the lowest days of the week for DOOL. The fact that a 1.8 is even considered "low" for DOOL proves the ratings are doing better. It wasn't long ago when that was the high for the week.

lysie
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Feb 8 2013, 10:48 AM
Because last place when there are only four soaps means nothing, the gap between them and GH has gotten smaller, they're up more than 200,000 viewers from this week last year, and they're still getting twos in the dailies. Days is doing well. GH is doing very well but they're also down from last week, so that particular drop isn't the end all be all.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The only reason DAYS is last is because the networks canceled everything under it. lol Also, some people might be bored with DAYS, but there's no denying that there are a significantly larger number of viewers bored with it this year than last year.

And I don't get this hate on for B&B. I really, really enjoy it because, IMO, it's the closest thing on the air to a good, solid, old-school soap opera played completely seriously with all of the traditional melodrama instead of the uber campfests that DAYS & GH can be (GH moreso than DAYS, IMO). Personally, I'm glad that soaps are taking on their own identities again instead of being one homogeneous lump.

james0479
Member Avatar

I can't tell anyone else how to feel but as a long time soap fan, I root for all 4 remaining shows. While I don't watch GH, I'm thrilled to see the numbers they've achieved over the past year. It's a testament that the audience is STILL out there and that gives hope to all shows. I believe 92%of Days Of Our Lives is on FIRE right now and I'm proud of our numbers because we are up from this time last year. Days has always been the hit or miss underdog so having a drop this week is no surprise to us who follow the ratings religiously. Days is good right now and we are getting close to a few big stories blowing up so I'm not concerned at all.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Wow at GH, a half a point better than last year at the same time WOW!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It's nice to see DAYS averaging 2.0 (or 1.98 if we're being technical) across the week. It doesn't seem all that long ago that we were seeing a number of 1.7 and 1.6s in their dailies. Even knowing they've been renewed it's nice to see they are moving steadily along.

It will never not be depressing to see only 4 soaps listed. :shame:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

The buzz of Steve Burton definitely helped Y&R

trojangal
Member Avatar

Looking at the ratings looks like Days did pretty good in the coveted
Demographic. Also does someone have a breakdown of what happened or was spoiled for each day ?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I don't think Days did that bad in comparison to earlier months, but when you look at the last two weeks they have lost a total of 150K viewers. A couple more weeks of negatives in the total viewer numbers will begin to peak the interest of TPTB, sure they aren't doing as bad as last year, but then again they have a HUGE story with the Wabi baby mess that seemed to have started the upward trend for them right before sweeps began. I'd be curious to see what the numbers look like by the beginning of March....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

cant wait for next the rating will go up because of this big mess snowstorm touching eastern us

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply