Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for January 28th - Feb 1st
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 01:59 AM (3,131 Views)
Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Shick
Feb 8 2013, 03:35 PM
The buzz of Steve Burton definitely helped Y&R
He is certainly not one of my faves but this does seem to be true. Heterosexual women seem to really dig this guy.

These poor misguided women. I joke :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I am so tired of people judging DOOL for being last place. There are only four soaps on the air and therefore ranking doesn't really make a difference. What makes a difference is that they are up almost 300,000 viewers from last year and lets not forget they are the cheapest soap produced. Id argue they are the most profitable soap out of all the networks really. The demographics versus last year are great as well. Hopefully they will continue this upswing through May Sweeps.

King
Member Avatar

DAYS is fucking awesome right now. IDC what anyone says! LOL.

Will and Kristen are now two of my favorite characters on daytime and on DAYS in a decade. Easily. I was scared I wasn't going to like Kristen this go 'round, and then I heard she was going after Brady, and I was sure I wouldn't. But I was definitely wrong. Eileen Davidson is killing it, and they're definitely writing to her. Even that little scene Jennifer on Friday where she told the guy they knew a single lady for him (Chloe). Hilarious.

Oh, and I love Nick and EJAMI!

Ari Zuker is amazing, as well, but this Eric storyline is a dud.
Edited by King, Feb 9 2013, 06:22 PM.

King
Member Avatar

And as for GH, I don't really consider myself a GH fan. I watch it sometimes, but I never seem to be on the same wavelength as its regular fans, so I just must be a mismatch for it.

But I hate all of this OLTL, John McBain, PC shit. I know I'm the minority, but whatevs. It's how I feel. :)

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Days has been good since the beginning of the year and I'm glad the ratings reflect that. Seriously, I haven't enjoyed the show this much in over three years. Stories are weaving together and different characters are interacting. They are hitting most of the key beats and there are interesting stakes. Characters have competing, yet rootable interests. It's definitely not perfect, but it's highly watchable. I haven't been able to say that for a long time

BradyB

I agree with tom sawyer

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Why would the ratings go up? The blizzard happened this weekend.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I assume people were thinking because people were trapped in their house they would be watching. But being trapped home with no power is a negative. Plus 24 hour news coverage. The ratings will likely suffer again more than they're helped from the blizzard.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Feb 9 2013, 12:25 PM
Shick
He is certainly not one of my faves but this does seem to be true. Heterosexual women seem to really dig this guy.

As a heterosexual woman I don't find him
appealing at all :shrug:

Nate
Member Avatar

What if DAYS moved to 3? Wouldn't that help DAYS ratings? They wouldn't have to go against the CBS Lineup...

trojangal
Member Avatar

Nate
Feb 11 2013, 10:25 PM
What if DAYS moved to 3? Wouldn't that help DAYS ratings? They wouldn't have to go against the CBS Lineup...
Days is on at 1 where I live & GH which used to be on at 2 is now on at
1 too . I am surprised GH hasn't stolen a lot of Days viewers but maybe
nowadays people Dvr so they can watch both.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Where I live DAYS goes head to head with Y&R and B&B. Their ratings would have to go up if that weren't the case, but I don't know. I guess its different everywhere. Here GH is the only unopposed soap. And Y&R's first half hour.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Nate
Feb 11 2013, 10:25 PM
Where I live Days is up against GH not the CBS shows. Y&R come on at 11:30 here and BB @ 12:30

blueskies
Member Avatar

how many people really watch soaps on different networks? I feel like most people tend to stick to their stations & when soaps are cancelled they stick with the ones left. Personally, I would be opposed to moving Days time. I used to wish Passions was on at 3pm so highschool kids (like myself at the time) could watch, but that's far too risky to do with Days now.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

trojangal
Feb 11 2013, 06:17 PM
Renegade_Killerbee
Shick

As a heterosexual woman I don't find him
appealing at all :shrug:
Thank God there are some of you with good taste. :)

BradyB

Any idea why the latest ratings haven't been released?

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Renegade_Killerbee
Shick

:laugh:

lysie
Member Avatar

BradyB
Feb 17 2013, 08:22 PM
Any idea why the latest ratings haven't been released?
I believe Toups said he just hadn't gotten them yet, and thought he would some time Monday. Which actually may be unlikely since it's President's Day.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply