Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 08:10 AM (8,726 Views)
Serenity 808

The Jennifer/Kristen scenes were the highlight for me. MS and ED looked fantastic, and even though Jennifer really shouldn't like Kristen, for some reason I like that they're cordial. I'm not sure if Kristen still really likes Jennifer or not, but it's nice to know it's a possibility (not that I'm a fan of this version of Jennifer, but she's getting more tolerable).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Feb 8 2013, 06:47 PM
I already hated Gabi. After today I just want that bitch gone. She had the audacity to tell Sonny 'Something you and Will will never share." That was as low as it goes. Sonny was so right that it's none of her damn business what is going on between him and Will. It was thanks to her and Nick convincing Will that Sonny would leave him that him and Will are now broken up. God I wanted Gabi to be at full term there as she drops dead while Sonny delivers a healthy baby girl for him and Will to raise. I can't even find one thing redeemable about her now with that comment, especially with what she did to Melanie.

I wish they'd use Tad more. I'd take him any day over Cameron. They should have done a Abby/Tad/Chad triangle instead. At least Tad is interesting. I love how he's still a jerk in his own way but he really does like Sonny and Will now.

I see Nick trying to blackmail Sonny by telling them him that if he tells what Gabi did than Will is going down for what he did to EJ.

Will is about as naive as the come. It's almost to the point of sounding pathetic. Sonny needs to get back together with him and knock some sense into him. I have a feeling Will and Sonny get back together as they both get drawn into Nick's plan. I think it backfires on Nick and instead of tearing them apart it brings them back together. Will and Sonny both can't be dumb. Sonny has always been the one that lives in the real world where as Will not so much.

I so enjoyed the Kirsten and Jen scenes. I'm not even a big Jen but but their scenes today were so entertaining.
I'd like it they'd go one way or the other with Gabi. Why would she object to Will having a part in raising their child? Will has said he doesn't want to interfere. I get that the paternity test is awkward, but it is standard in a situation like this. In the past, she's been understanding and compassionate toward Will, and now she's lashing out at Sonny and looking toward cutting Will out? I'm getting whiplash. She doesn't have layers. She has a different personality depending on who is writing for her.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Another good episode.

My crush on BB grows with every episode. His reaction when Wll said Lucas went to prison for him was PERFECT! And the Will-Lucas scenes were well done with the flashback. I hope they use this storyline for more than just blackmail because there are a lot of interesting beats they could play between Will, Lucas, Sami and EJ with it.

So great to see T back. Love the actor - he just seems so natural in all his interactions. Wish they'd find a permanent place for him. Can't believe he's 30 IRL - he looks so young!

I can't believe they even tried to pass off that crappy lounge as a hot Chicago nightclub. LMAO. Dan's punch was hilarious.

ED was at her campy best today with the scene at the beginning and the way she egged on Jen. You go girl!! Ha!

Gabi was a first-class bitch today. There are moments when I feel sorry for her, but today she reminded me why I was so excited for her role in the kidnapping to be exposed. Sonny has every reason for hating her and she has no justification for what she said to him.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

cord08
Feb 8 2013, 01:23 PM
FLASHBACK. Wow, they look a lot alike.
The boy in the flashbacks playing Will is actually Chandler Massey's 13 year old brother Christian Massey.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

tomsawyer
Feb 8 2013, 01:55 PM
Matt
Feb 8 2013, 01:18 PM
I really wish they'd use T more. The actor is top notch and he's got that gruff, naturally douchy (but still good natured), demeanor that I think would play well as half of a couple (kinda like how Patch was basically noble, but flawed and nontraditional). I ust wish I could think of a Brady, Horton, or Kiriakis the right age to pair with him.
I love, love, love the actor. He is very natural and actually makes me see T as more of a real person than characters that get lots more airtime. I'd like to see him weaved into the canvas more. As to your idea of pairing him with a girl in one of the core families, I vote for bringing back Chelsea.
He said in an interview that he is hoping Days will give him his own storyline soon so hopefully he will be on more.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Honeybees
Feb 8 2013, 08:43 PM
michr544125
Feb 8 2013, 06:47 PM
I already hated Gabi. After today I just want that bitch gone. She had the audacity to tell Sonny 'Something you and Will will never share." That was as low as it goes. Sonny was so right that it's none of her damn business what is going on between him and Will. It was thanks to her and Nick convincing Will that Sonny would leave him that him and Will are now broken up. God I wanted Gabi to be at full term there as she drops dead while Sonny delivers a healthy baby girl for him and Will to raise. I can't even find one thing redeemable about her now with that comment, especially with what she did to Melanie.

I wish they'd use Tad more. I'd take him any day over Cameron. They should have done a Abby/Tad/Chad triangle instead. At least Tad is interesting. I love how he's still a jerk in his own way but he really does like Sonny and Will now.

I see Nick trying to blackmail Sonny by telling them him that if he tells what Gabi did than Will is going down for what he did to EJ.

Will is about as naive as the come. It's almost to the point of sounding pathetic. Sonny needs to get back together with him and knock some sense into him. I have a feeling Will and Sonny get back together as they both get drawn into Nick's plan. I think it backfires on Nick and instead of tearing them apart it brings them back together. Will and Sonny both can't be dumb. Sonny has always been the one that lives in the real world where as Will not so much.

I so enjoyed the Kirsten and Jen scenes. I'm not even a big Jen but but their scenes today were so entertaining.
I'd like it they'd go one way or the other with Gabi. Why would she object to Will having a part in raising their child? Will has said he doesn't want to interfere. I get that the paternity test is awkward, but it is standard in a situation like this. In the past, she's been understanding and compassionate toward Will, and now she's lashing out at Sonny and looking toward cutting Will out? I'm getting whiplash. She doesn't have layers. She has a different personality depending on who is writing for her.
Nick is rubbing off on her. She spends too much time with him and it shows in her attitude.

cord08

kay
Feb 8 2013, 10:57 PM
cord08
Feb 8 2013, 01:23 PM
FLASHBACK. Wow, they look a lot alike.
The boy in the flashbacks playing Will is actually Chandler Massey's 13 year old brother Christian Massey.
Yes, I know. :) I was just emphasizing how similar they look. My sisters and I look similar, but not quite that similar.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Overall I like the show but the utter stupidity of Chloe and Ann's scheme to screw over Jennifer was just too, well, lame.

Jennifer looked the best she has ever looked since her return despite the DiMera curtain she was wearing.

Nick is delicious.

Lucas getting the anonymous blackmail text was one of the soapiest moments I've seen on this show in a long time...and then they ruined it with Lucas figuring out the probable culprit in the same episode. I still cannot fathom how he can call his cousin "that Nick guy". Sorry Lucas, but there aren't that many Hortons around. I really liked the Lucas/Will scenes and think the show misses a lot by not using Lucas on canvas more often.

Dannifer/Bristen double date cracked me up with the guys at the bar and the girls at a table the whole time....who was with who on that date? hmmmmmm

KMan101
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 8 2013, 07:05 PM
? Probably more related to yesterdays show than todays Eric said "Kristen and him go way back"

Is there anything more to the Eric Kristen story or is it just all the things Kristen did to Marlena that link the two of them?
Jensen Ackles came on-screen as Eric on July 28, 1997 and Eileen Davidson left on April 24, 1998. I was watching at the time (however, I did miss episodes here and there) and don't recall much interaction. So, in a sense, they were in town at the same time for about 8 months but I'm pretty sure the only link is the stuff Kristen did to Marlena. And I believe he was brought back right around the time Josh Taylor's Roman was introduced after Kristen and Stefano brought him back to Salem to interrupt John and Marlena's wedding. (yep, just checked and Taylor first appeared July 18th, 1997).

PatNS
Member Avatar

One thing I will say about this episode. Jennifer looked beautiful; Kristen looked like she was trying too hard!

And Blake Berris stole the show as usual. What a great actor and what a joy to watch!

(Didn't do a recap of yesterday's show as my appointment went far longer then expected and then I had a bunch of forms to fill out after so didn't watch the show until last night).

supercool74
Member Avatar

Yeah, when Lucas said "that guy Nick" I was kind of confused because I thought he was talking about a different Nick. :D That was just too weird.

Dee-anne

PatNS
Feb 9 2013, 09:26 AM
One thing I will say about this episode. Jennifer looked beautiful; Kristen looked like she was trying too hard!

And Blake Berris stole the show as usual. What a great actor and what a joy to watch!

(Didn't do a recap of yesterday's show as my appointment went far longer then expected and then I had a bunch of forms to fill out after so didn't watch the show until last night).
I agree about BB. He is my favorite in this this story. Such a good actor. I enjoy watching him.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Something totally superficial. Will's hair actually looks pretty good at the beginning of the episode...his bangs (or whatever you want to call it) are pushed back out of his face. I noticed because I've hated his hair the last couple of days...but then once he gets to Lucas' office...the bad hair is back. :thumbsdown: I'm sorry but it's going to bug me until they get his hair right. :P

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Feb 8 2013, 02:21 PM
I don't care if Gabi was being a bitch to Sonny. He was the one who started in on the attitude when she just ask him if he saw Nick. Than he later starting blaming her for hurting Will when she has done nothing to hurt him so far. Everyone on Team Will (Sami, EJ, Kate, Sonny etc) keeps blaming her and acting like Will is some poor put on victim when he's not. So yeah I don't have a problem with her giving it back to him. If he can dish it out he can sure well take it when someone dishes it back.
Do U watch the show. Nabi have been complete bitches about this whole thing. Plus Sonny knows Gabi & Nick are psychos. Nabi have no legs to stand on.

AHM

AFaithL
Feb 8 2013, 02:08 PM
DawnElicia
Feb 8 2013, 02:04 PM
Matt
Feb 8 2013, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I can't fault Jennifer for getting giddy of the word "naked" -- especially when it applies to Shawn Christian. The man has a fucking body that does. not. quit. At 45 he's got a body that men 1/2 is age wish they had.
Im going to disagree. I always think that he looks dirty and needs a bath. I have never been a fan of his character.
Not a huge fan, but the man DOES have a smokin' body. Along with Eric Martsolf. I just don't want to see him rubbing up against Jennifer.
Sigh. I just don't think so. I hate the uber compact beefcake look. It doesn't look like functional muscle. It looks like eight hours a day in the gym muscle. I don't find Brady attractive either, but at least he doesn't have the gorilla thing going like SC does. I just think "buff monkey" when I see SC. I'm so sorry to rip on looks, and I wouldn't care about that at all if Dan weren't also so freaking dull. But, as I just don't catch the vision with SC's looks, Dan's a total loss for me.

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Written as a bitch who is willing to play fast and loose with ethical norms, Gabi becomes a much more interesting character, and Banus suddenly becomes more believable in her character's skin.

I hate the whole Dannifer mess, but I am excited to see Jen Jen get reamed by Dr. Tan when he finds out she lied to Chloe.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

AHM
Feb 9 2013, 01:05 PM
AFaithL
Feb 8 2013, 02:08 PM
DawnElicia
Feb 8 2013, 02:04 PM
Matt
Feb 8 2013, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I can't fault Jennifer for getting giddy of the word "naked" -- especially when it applies to Shawn Christian. The man has a fucking body that does. not. quit. At 45 he's got a body that men 1/2 is age wish they had.
Im going to disagree. I always think that he looks dirty and needs a bath. I have never been a fan of his character.
Not a huge fan, but the man DOES have a smokin' body. Along with Eric Martsolf. I just don't want to see him rubbing up against Jennifer.
Sigh. I just don't think so. I hate the uber compact beefcake look. It doesn't look like functional muscle. It looks like eight hours a day in the gym muscle. I don't find Brady attractive either, but at least he doesn't have the gorilla thing going like SC does. I just think "buff monkey" when I see SC. I'm so sorry to rip on looks, and I wouldn't care about that at all if Dan weren't also so freaking dull. But, as I just don't catch the vision with SC's looks, Dan's a total loss for me.
Im not into the beef cakes either and i do feel that some people have too much muscle. I have a hugh crush on Elijah Wood its the eyes they get me everytime. But to me SC aka Daniel does nothing for me at all. Never had never will.

elci525
Member Avatar

OKAY so FINALLY - after the wretched press conference nonsense (and now there is a montain of snow outside my door) - I got around to watching this episode.

My main interest in this epi was the Lucas and Will interaction, so let me get the other stuff out of the way:

I thought Kristen looked PHENOMENAL in her wedding underthings at the start of the show! I didn't like her clubbing hair or dress that much. As for Jennifer, bah. Yes, she did look better. Having her hair up mitigated the dry, graying stringiness of what it normally looks like, so that was good. Still thought the hair was a little bridal, but ok. LOL at the four of them photo taking like teenagers. And the idea of a man in a club hitting on Jennifer made me laugh. But he was drunk, so I guess his judgment was impaired. Fake drunk Kristen was fun.

Oh Wow - Gabi is such a bitch!! Her line to Sonny was so low and hurtful!! She and Nick make a good villainy team actually.

Man I missed T - and I never thought I would say that. I think the actor does bring something a little different to his performance - I guess it's a naturalness. I don't see through him to the script like I do with other characters (e.g. Chloe). I am glad someone played the beat of being surprised that Will has impregnated Gabi. Doesn't need to be dwelled on, but at least acknowledged that it was surprising to SOME ONE.
Edited by elci525, Feb 9 2013, 02:38 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

And now, to Lucas and Will. First off, Lucas two days in a row?!? It must be Christmas - what did I do to deserve this magnanimous gesture from TPTB? And BD is looking very nice.

Any Will and Lucas scene I can get, I will savor to within a inch of the scene. And I can't tell y'all how glad I am that this coverup is being revisited and explored a little bit. When it was revealed that Will was the one who shot EJ last January, I found that very intriguing, and immediately thought to Lucas, the sacrifice he made, how his going to jail was really the last nail in the Lumi coffin, how angry that made me suddenly, etc. And then when Bryan came back late last February, I was soooo excited to see that retcon acknowledged a little more. It was - kiiiinnnddddddaa. Lucas got a thanks from Will I think, a thanks from Sami, maybe a couple other words exchanged between Lucas and Will, and that was it. Now, yes, the crazy Lumi shipper wanted more. Wanted acknowledgement of the role that coverup and Lucas going to jail played in Lumi's disintegration. Ideally I would have wanted Will to acknowledge this, or Sami. Something more discussed about what this cover up did to this family unit. But of course the writers didn't go there, and that's fine. I care about it b/c I am an obsessive shipper, so OK. But even as an objective soap opera fan, I think there is a lot of potential story fodder there for all players involved, retcon or not. So even though it is just the basis of a blackmail story now, I am glad the writers are fleshing the event out a little bit. Good to gain insight into Will's state of mind at the time, how desperate he seemed, how young he was and unthinkingly he acted, etc. I dug that.

I was so pleased they used CM's younger brother and bothered to recreate or first-create flashbacks. It was so fun to see a little mini Chandler-as-Will even though, bless his heart, I don't think Christian acted his scenes very well. But no matter - that was still such a treat.

And hooray for Will thanking Lucas a little more fully - yes! Last year he seemed 5% grateful towards Lucas, and 95% grateful/enamored of EJ, and, gah, I don't want to revisit the rage that threw me into. Best leave those emotions in the past. Also, hooray for Lucas saying "a mess your mom and I created". Any mention of Lumi anything - ANYTHING - warms my cold, saddened heart.

I have no idea why the writers had Lucas saying "that guy Nick" - maybe as a way of denigrating Nick. Like Lucas has his suspicions, and that was a way to cut Nick down? That's how the delivery came off to me anyway. Still strange - boo on your writers. And BB's reaction shots were pretty stellar - Nick is a fantastic character to love hate.

Will's naivete is curious. He is in for a major reality check in the near future. Aww, adorable trusting Will - listen to your father! Schemey-smart Lucas :wub2:

Overall, I LOVED their scenes together, so as a result I dug this episode. Interruption and all. Hooray!!

Oh, and Nick with that lame distraction excuse and "I am totally losing it today" -?!? BWAHHAHAHAHAAHAH
Edited by elci525, Feb 9 2013, 02:54 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

elci525
Feb 9 2013, 02:32 PM
OKAY so FINALLY - after the wretched press conference nonsense (and now there is a montains of snow outrside my door) - I got around to watching this episode.

My main interest in this epi was the Lucas and Will interaction, so let me get the other stuff out of the way:

I thought Kristen looked PHENOMENOAL in her wedding underthings at teh start of teh show! I didn't like her clubbing hair or dress that much. As for Jennifer, sigh. Yes, she did look better. Having her hair up mitigated the dry, graying stringiness of what it normally looks like, so that was good. Still thought the hair was a little bridal, but ok. LOL at the four of them instagramming like teenagers. And the idea of a man in a club hitting on Jennifer made me laugh. But he was drunk, so I guess his judgment was impaired. Fake junk Kristen was fun.

Oh Wow - Gabi is such a bitch!! Her line to Sonny was so low and hurtful!! She and Nick make a good villainy team actually.

Man I missed T - and I never thought I would say that. I think the actor does bring something a little different to his performance - I guess it's a naturalness, i don't see through him to the script like I do with other characters (e.g. Chloe). I am glad someone played the beat of being surprised that Will has impregnated Gabi. Doesn't need to be dwelled on, but at least acknowledged that it was surprising to SOME ONE.

And now, to Lucas and Will. First of, Lucas two days in a row?!?!??? It must be Christmas - what did I do to deserve this magnanimous gesture from TPTB? And BD is looking very very good. Hooray.

Any Will and Lucas scene I can get, I will savor to within a inch of the scene. And I can't tell y'all how glad I am that this coverup is being revisited and explored a little bit. When it was revealed that Will was the one who shot EJ last January, I found that very intriguing, and immediately thought to Lucas, the sacrifice he made, how his going to jail was really the last nail in the Lumi coffin, how angry that made me suddenly, etc. And then when Bryan came back late last February, I was soooo excited to see that retcon acknowledged a little more. It was - kiiiinnnddddddaa. Lucas got a thanks from Will I think, a thanks from Sami, maybe a couPle other words exchanged between Lucas and Will, and that was it. Now, yes, the crazy Lumi shipper wanted more. Wanted acknowledgement of the role that coverup and Lucas going to jail played in Lumi's disintegration. Ideally I would have wanted Will to acknowledge this, or Sami. Something more discussed about what this cover up did to this family unit. But of course the writers didn't go there, and that's fine. I care about it b/c I am an obsessive shipper, so OK. But even as an objective soap opera fan, I think there is a lot of potential story fodder there for all players involved, retcon or not. So even though it is just the basis of a blackmail story now, I am glad the writers are fleshing the event out a little bit.

I was so pleased they used CM's younger brother and bothered to recreate or first-create flashbacks. It was so fun to see a little mini Chandler-as-Will even though, bless his heart, I don't think Christian acted his scenes very well. But no matter - that was still such a treat. Although Will wasn't with T the night he was brought home drunk, but I'll excuse that.

And hooray for Will thanking Lucas a little more fully - yes! Last year he seemed 5% grateful towards Lucas, and 95% grateful/enamored of EJ, and, gah, I don't want to revisit the rage that threw me into. Best leave those emotions in the past. Also, hooray for Lucas saying "a mess your mom and I created". Any mention of Lumi anything - ANYTHING - warms my cold, saddened heart.

I have no idea why the writers had Lucas saying "that guy Nick" - maybe as a way of denigrating Nick. Like Lucas has his suspicions, and that was a way to cut Nick down? I dunno - that was strange. Boo on your writers. And BB's reaction shots were pretty stellar - Nick is a fantastic character to love hate.

Will's naivete is curious. He is in for a major reality check in the near future. Aww, adorable trusting Will - listen to your father! Ah, scheming-minded Lucas back, at least momentarily :wub2:

Overall, I LOVED their scenes together, so as a result I dug this episode. Interruption and all. Hooray!!

Oh, and Nick with that lame distraction excuse and "I am totally losing it today" -?!? BWAHHAHAHAHAAHAH
The show lucked out in that Chandler has a look alike brother who acquitted himself very well in scenes that really framed the shooting as Will as a desperate boy looking to protect his mother, not a budding sociopath. (If they had wanted to make Sami Brady's son a sociopath, I would have bought it but that's not the Will we have, thankfully.) As a lawyer, I found myself wanting to ring Lucas's neck, since remorseful juvenile with a living victim who is also a total son-of-bitch would be a pretty easy case. I'd be more confident of getting Will off than Lucas or EJ for perjury and obstruction. I'm seriously hoping for scenes where EJ and Lucas team up to not testify against Will, taking the fifth and making this all go away.

That said, as a Lucas fan and a dramatic storyline fan, I loved that Lucas did this and I love that the show is weaving this into the storyline, and Brian D. did great with his scenes. I've always said he's not the best actor in the world, but he sure knows his character. I do hope the writers give him more to do.

T is a wonderful character. I love how he is now a begrudging friend to Sonny, and that he still cares about Will. I didn't care for the cartoonish homophobe but now I love him and want him to have a love story of his own. The actor makes me believe that T really does care about Will, and he really is evolving as a person.
Edited by Honeybees, Feb 9 2013, 02:48 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply