Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 08:10 AM (8,904 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Reese
Feb 8 2013, 04:59 PM
DrewHamilton
Feb 8 2013, 03:51 PM
"What about that guy Nick?" Um, you mean your cousin? Shame on the writers and Dattilo for that line. Terrible.
It's not an actor's fault that the writers don't do their homework.
But we know the actors are allowed to ad-lib at times. Dattilo appears to value Lucas as a character. He knows the character's history pretty well too. He even delivered the line like Nick is a total stranger, rather than his cousin. It was awful delivery. At least try and save the writing with your delivery.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 9 2013, 02:46 PM
Reese
DrewHamilton
"What about that guy Nick?" Um, you mean your cousin? Shame on the writers and Dattilo for that line. Terrible.
But we know the actors are allowed to ad-lib at times. Dattilo appears to value Lucas as a character. He knows the character's history pretty well too. He even delivered the line like Nick is a total stranger, rather than his cousin. It was awful delivery. At least try and save the writing with your delivery.
It was a strange comment/thing for the writers to write. But I don't think Byan's delivery came off like he thought Nick was a stranger. It came off more like a pejorative "that guy Nick". Or, rather, I think that is one interpretation one could make. LOL - I made it anyway.
Edited by elci525, Feb 9 2013, 03:08 PM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Reese
DrewHamilton
It was just so odd. Not even counting that Nick and he are related...I mean Lucas is a fairly new Horton so he's not going to probably know all of his family all that well so I could kind of excuse it if he'd never met the guy...but he was around when Sami had the twins and the whole paternity thing. It's not like Nick is a stranger. The way he said it was like he barely knew the guy.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm still just ugh with this show, but I'll mock a few things.

I thought Jennifer and Kristen both looked ridiculous. Kristen looked like Christi, Chloe's mom from Dance Moms. Jennifer looked like she was wearing half a curtain from a Burlesque show.

Maggie looked like an idiot walking around with a sippy cup on a tray. Seriously?

I'm not one to get annoyed about Lucas yelling, and he wasn't really yelling today. But I HATED how he spoke to Will from the beginning to the end.

Nick's multiple fist bumps of victory got increasingly stupid.

So...28 year old Parker was asleep, so Ann woke him up? It's night time. It's not like him sleeping was unusual. Parker's temperature is 105, and this is the happiest he's looked. Apparently, he's too little to tell Chloe what hurts. Little? Alright.

Daniel punched that drunk guy. What if he punched the shakes right back into his hand?

I continue to think T is absolutely horrible. And it doesn't help that his scenes were shared with Sonny, who just gets more and more dull by the day and Gabi who is pregnant with a Horton and still barely relevant.

Meanwhile, three scams were basically outed in one episode. Three. And they all just started. Three.

Brady called Maggie "Maggie Horton."

You know what would be funny? If Gabi, Nick, and Will all ended up in prison.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

elci525
Feb 9 2013, 03:06 PM
DrewHamilton
Reese
DrewHamilton
It was a strange comment/thing for the writers to write. But I don't think Byan's delivery came off like he thought Nick was a stranger. It came off more like a pejorative "that guy Nick". Or, rather, I think that is one interpretation one could make. LOL - I made it anyway.
Well, I have to admit that it sounded to me like Lucas didn't know Nick. But what sticks out for me is that no one is acknowledging that Will and Nick are family. That they are both Hortons. Lucas' line imo goes right in keeping with how this story is being told. The ad libing I'm assuming that has been Bryan on occasion hasn't gone against the tide of how the writers are plotting out the story. As I said, it has to be deliberate that no one has yet to talk about a Horton going against another Horton. Nick and Will are being written as non family members so far. Maybe that will change later. Probably not though because someone (Julie or Maggie) in the family would probably suggest that they sit down like family and work this thing out. That's not exactly soapy, so I guess they'll have to continue to be plot point "strangers" within the same family so the fallout can continue.

And how do you save "Nick! That guy Nick!" That's pretty cut and dry. Much as I love Bryan, even he's not a miracle worker.
Edited by Reese, Feb 9 2013, 11:17 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Reese
DrewHamilton
during mardr yes during tomsell not so much i know there was time bryan adlib in 2010 i think something fit to his character's history instead they cut it off

supercool74
Member Avatar

Quote:

But what sticks out for me is that no one is acknowledging that Will and Nick are family.

Actually, I think Will has been the only one to do so. I think he said something about them being cousins in this episode. I agree though that there needs to be more comments or talking from other Hortons. I don't like that Julie and Maggie were arguing at the wedding about how Nick didn't confide in them, but neither one said anything about Will. He is part of that family as well. It's almost like Will is considered more of a Brady than a Horton. He's had conversations with Caroline and Marlena...but I don't recall much with any of the Hortons besides his dad.

ETA: I think maybe Abby is one. But I would expect that considering she is cousin to both Will and Sonny.
Edited by supercool74, Feb 10 2013, 10:53 PM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Kristen was definitely the highlight of the episode!! She looked so beautiful!! Loved he fantasy and her smirk infront of her handheld mirror. I LOL when she poured her drinks out on the plants!
Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 11 2013, 04:09 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply