Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Peter Reckell Sells Home in Los Angeles
Topic Started: Feb 8 2013, 11:46 AM (3,478 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

If PR comes back to Days he will be commuting from Oregon.

http://fb.me/2CZSAnu15

Peter Reckell (Bo, DAYS), who left the show in July, 2012, has sold his ecofriendly Brentwood, CA home for $3.35 million. The actor and wife, Kelly Moneymaker, also own a home in Portland, OR. "Portland and the people are amazing and we're not such oddballs there because everyone is concerned about the environment and half the people have gardens in their front yards," he told Digest recently. For a look at Reckell's former abode, click here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I know people thought his recent interview with SOD was him reaching out to see if there was an interest in returning to Days. I don't think that was the case. He is enjoying his time with his family. I don't see him returning any time soon and selling his LA home supports that idea. I think he will come back during the show's final days.

james0479
Member Avatar

Wow look at that price! Good for PR and Kelly!! It wouldn't surprise me if we never see Peter back on Days again....I think he's just wanting to appreciate the finer things in life and family and whatever happens happens ....but I do agree with Dc Cubs, if Days gets the ax, he'd surely come back for a few episodes. Other than that, I just don't see it happening.

peaches179

dc cubs
Feb 8 2013, 11:50 AM
I know people thought his recent interview with SOD was him reaching out to see if there was an interest in returning to Days. I don't think that was the case. He is enjoying his time with his family. I don't see him returning any time soon and selling his LA home supports that idea. I think he will come back during the show's final days.

I agree. I don't think he's interested in returning. He's probably enjoying watching his daughter growing up and doing some of the things he could'nt do when he was working. Good for him.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

dc cubs
Peter's been selling that house on & off for years. There's nothing in that blurb that says that they're for sure moving to Portland. It just mentions that they own a second property.
Kelly tweeted yesterday that she just registered her new recording company. I doubt it's going to be centralized in Portland.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

If Christie Clark could commute from SF, Reckell could probably commute from Portland occasionally. It's about two hours by air instead of one.

Ouch on the house price -- they were trying for $6.5M a few years ago. http://www.luxist.com/2010/04/17/peter-reckell-in-brentwood-estate-of-the-day/

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

what a beautiful house! I sure will miss Peter though. What a shame Days treats its vets like shit.

tylerbo20

just kill bo off already we all know he can come back from the dead...

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I haven't watched DAYS in a while. I know Bo left with Caroline to get her treatment... but where is he, supposedly, now that she's back in Salem? And PS- Why such a short trip, Caroline? I thought she was supposed to be seeking treatment for her dementia?

Also, on the note, of long commutes, there were several ATWT actors who made the weekly/daily/whatever trek from L.A. to N.Y. for the show... Marie Wilson, Lesli Kay, etc.

Edited by Actor87, Feb 8 2013, 03:42 PM.

Daysofold

Supergirlx2
Feb 8 2013, 12:29 PM
dc cubs
Peter's been selling that house on & off for years. There's nothing in that blurb that says that they're for sure moving to Portland. It just mentions that they own a second property.
Kelly tweeted yesterday that she just registered her new recording company. I doubt it's going to be centralized in Portland.
I don't believe the house sold. It stated "pending sale" and now that the listing was removed on 2/5.

bomber
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Feb 8 2013, 01:12 PM
If Christie Clark could commute from SF, Reckell could probably commute from Portland occasionally. It's about two hours by air instead of one.

Ouch on the house price -- they were trying for $6.5M a few years ago. http://www.luxist.com/2010/04/17/peter-reckell-in-brentwood-estate-of-the-day/
And MR commutes from Tenn. But commuting isn't very environmentally friendly. ;)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

dc cubs
I agree, if anything I expect to see Bo return when Days is about to end. In that case, it now makes sense that they are planning to move Hope along with Rafe, if what the TVSource people are saying is true..

vettejb

dc cubs
Then we'll get to see him soon.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Conrgats Mr. Reckell, that house was on the market a LONG time, I read he used to ride his bicycle from there to Burbank? Insane!!! He is lucky to be alive, then again, you can't believe everything

Evan
Member Avatar

OK, if PR isn't returning to DAYS, how are they going to explain Bo's extended absence?
Is he going to break up with Hope offscreen and then she sleeps with Rafe or somebody else?

Alin89
Member Avatar

Evan
Feb 10 2013, 05:29 PM
OK, if PR isn't returning to DAYS, how are they going to explain Bo's extended absence?
Is he going to break up with Hope offscreen and then she sleeps with Rafe or somebody else?
i think they should have just killed him off.

King
Member Avatar

They should just mention he's off investigating Stefano, and have him die in an explosion. LOL.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Wonderful news for the Reckell/Moneymaker family

I just really miss Bo in Salem with his Fancy Face and Ciara...

Alana
Member Avatar

What a great house with a great concept! I am for sure going to show these pics to my niece, who just started to study architecture. Is there any way to find out who designed this house from scratch...lol, if I was on twitter I would ask Peter myself.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Nice house! It's a little strange for my taste, but I love that the entire thing is eco friendly.

It IS getting tedious that Bo is getting the Mickey treatment. I would have fun messing with everyone and just say that Bo is continuing his little midlife crisis and that he went to "find himself" like Jack did. He visited Chelsea, ran into Carly, and bam, they're living together in Europe eating bonbons happily.

I know it's a terrible idea, but at least I'd be amused by the reaction from the fans. :P Heck, CC would love the secondary attention too!
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Feb 12 2013, 02:12 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply