Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: 50 years in 50 hours Soapnet Marathon
Topic Started: Feb 10 2013, 04:39 PM (5,392 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

I can't wait for this, omg!!!

Edited by dragonflies, Feb 10 2013, 05:32 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Would be epic if the 50 hours were continuous for those of us that would like to preserve this on either VHS or DVD but of course they probably don't want to interrupt their Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill repeats so they will probably only do a block of five hours a day for ten days leading up to April 1.

Anybody know the exact situation?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I can't wait to watch the Stone episodes--I STILL cry when I watch those last scenes with Robin and I can't wait to see Ned! :)

Golden Duck
Member Avatar

It starts March 29th at 10PM EST, and ends April 1st at 2PM EST. I believe that's 50 hours.

So, it's non-stop.
Edited by Golden Duck, Feb 10 2013, 05:42 PM.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

This sounds like fun. Going to clear off some space on the DVR to record to watch.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

This makes me even more depressed that my cable subscriber no longer carries SoapNet.

:-/

Alin89
Member Avatar

Casey
Feb 10 2013, 10:42 PM
This makes me even more depressed that my cable subscriber no longer carries SoapNet.

maybe someone will put them up on youtube.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

I'm sure LoriJoGh will put most if not all of it up on YT

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Feb 10 2013, 05:28 PM
I can't wait to watch the Stone episodes--I STILL cry when I watch those last scenes with Robin and I can't wait to see Ned! :)
Me neither! Such a beautiful send-off and equally sad..

Golden Duck
Member Avatar

I hope they play the Stone's death one too. It was so heartbreaking.

I also wanna see Dominique and Steve's deaths.

Harmony233

Heres eps I hope they play:
1.L&L wedding
2.Holly and Robert have fallen in love and Luke returns from the dead
3.THe story where Steven Lars webber the truth about his birth or paternity is
4.A.J is born
5.Alan tries to kill monica and Rick lol
6.Susan moores murder
6.TRacy withholds Edwards heart medcine
7.Robert finds out Robins his daughter
8.Anna and Dukes wedding
9.Dukes death
10.SEan and Tiff wedding
11.Anna and Roberts death
12.Alan and Lucy wedding
13.mac arrival in town and robert punches him
14.Nik is laura's son with stravos
15Dominques death
16.Stones death
17.Steve Hardys death
18.Lizs rape
19.click boom
20.Sonny leave Brenda at altar
21.Bobbie finds Carly in bed with Tony
22.Bobbie finds out that Carly is her daughter
23.BJ' death
Hard to think of 50 eps lol

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Casey
Feb 10 2013, 10:42 PM

It's still over six weeks away so we all may be in the same boat as you!

I can see myself slipping on my pajama bottoms with a hot cup of caffeine free herbal tea and then slipping under the comforter to watch this and then ~~~ FUZZY STATIC ON THE TV ~~~ and voila that new Disney Kids' Channel pops up for their world premiere weekend.

Could happen, but I am crossing my fingers SOAPNet isn't so cruel.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to this! GH is the soap I grew up watching so it's going to be fun watching old school episodes.

Golden Duck
Member Avatar

Should I stay up and watch all 50 hours....plus the anniversary episode? I've stayed up longer than that before. LOL.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Nice! Fri-Mon! I know what my butt will be doing that weekend, at least for a good amount of it! lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm so excited for this, but I really hope they do a better job than they did with the Valentines Day marathon. There were only really two good episodes in the whole thing. I DVRed the whole thing plus the 3 OLTL episodes they played after the GH episodes and after the first two episodes I watched the final 6 or 7 whatever it was in less than hour because of FFing commercials and useless scenes. I actually laughed at how fast I could watch those with cutting out the bullshit. The Scrubs episode made NO sense. They were fighting over Robin's PPD and Patrick was hanging out with Elizabeth at the park when Robin finally decided to stop being a bitch. That episode was basically Sonny and Claudia? I mean I love SJB but did that deserve to be involved in such a countdown. Weird choices.

Harmony233

DiMeraFan67
Feb 13 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm so excited for this, but I really hope they do a better job than they did with the Valentines Day marathon. There were only really two good episodes in the whole thing. I DVRed the whole thing plus the 3 OLTL episodes they played after the GH episodes and after the first two episodes I watched the final 6 or 7 whatever it was in less than hour because of FFing commercials and useless scenes. I actually laughed at how fast I could watch those with cutting out the bullshit. The Scrubs episode made NO sense. They were fighting over Robin's PPD and Patrick was hanging out with Elizabeth at the park when Robin finally decided to stop being a bitch. That episode was basically Sonny and Claudia? I mean I love SJB but did that deserve to be involved in such a countdown. Weird choices.
HUh I thought the choices were:
Valentines day 1994
valentines day 1995
jasam jason propoes
scrubs make love first time
something with lante

dragonflies
Member Avatar

I'm so requesting that weekend off from work lol. Plus it's easter sunday, I was already going to ask for it off anyways ;)

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 13 2013, 12:15 PM
I agree. Whoever compiled this must not have ever heard of those decades called the 1970's and 1980's.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

would it be possible to get this thread pinned?

Frisco and Felicia's 1986 wedding is one of the episodes

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152529964570144&set=a.10151401262370144.812702.54025165143&type=1&theater

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply