Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: 50 years in 50 hours Soapnet Marathon
Topic Started: Feb 10 2013, 04:39 PM (5,364 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

That's a good sign that they are picking bigger, better episodes. I want some old school Duke and Anna too. I'm sure they will try to use more of the current cast. Luckily there's some many classic characters back so the episode selection should have a pretty wide variety. I'm just excited the first episode we hear about is in the 80s. Choosing 50 episodes I'm sure we are going to get some gems. I just hope they don't go 2000s heavy like all of the soapnet countdowns usually do. I guess its a money thing, but time to get real for this occasion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Go to that post on FB and post what you want to see. JaSammers are already saying they want JaSam episodes

Harmony233

IA hope theres not lots of 2000-and after eps i also think there should be eps that were life changing or some of the most popular like BJ's death I'd like some from 1970 also

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I really hope that the first 24 hours are 1963-1988, although I'm guessing most of the 1960's shows are unavailable as is the case with One Life to Live. Would also be a treat if they showed everything in chronological order.

It would be a little jarring (and cruel) to watch an episode where Natalia Livingston's Emily is murdered (2007) and then the show plays a 1995 episode where Amber Tamblyn's Emily is adopted by Alan and Monica after her mother succumbs to cancer.

Hopefully, SOAPNet will do their homework and turn this one out!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Damn the clip is blocked to Canadians like me:(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Feb 16 2013, 10:27 AM
I really hope that the first 24 hours are 1963-1988, although I'm guessing most of the 1960's shows are unavailable as is the case with One Life to Live. Would also be a treat if they showed everything in chronological order.

It would be a little jarring (and cruel) to watch an episode where Natalia Livingston's Emily is murdered (2007) and then the show plays a 1995 episode where Amber Tamblyn's Emily is adopted by Alan and Monica after her mother succumbs to cancer.

I would be SHOCKED if they played the shows in chronological order. Yes, that would be the smart and seemingly only way to do it, but SoapNet doesn't really get anything right. Yeah I would say the 60s tapes are probably destroyed, at least most of them. I just hope we don't get like 30 episodes in a row from 2004.

Harmony233

DiMeraFan67
Feb 16 2013, 12:17 PM
Renegade_Killerbee
Feb 16 2013, 10:27 AM

I would be SHOCKED if they played the shows in chronological order. Yes, that would be the smart and seemingly only way to do it, but SoapNet doesn't really get anything right. Yeah I would say the 60s tapes are probably destroyed, at least most of them. I just hope we don't get like 30 episodes in a row from 2004.
IA hope there not more than 10 eps from 2000 and up honestly lol

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I'm so jealous of all you guys!! Here I am sitting in another country- my native country, and also wants to celebrate GH's 50th birthday by watching a marathon of classic eps...grr, lol!

I'm sure without a doubt that SoapNet airs Luke & Laura's wedding. That one is a given!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/13/soapnet-celebrates-general-hospitals-50th-anniversary/173348/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

FIFTY YEARS IN THE MAKING! SOAPNET CELEBRATES “General Hospital’S”

50TH ANNIVERSARY, BEGINNING FRIDAY, MARCH 29 AT 10PM ET/PT

Unprecedented Marathon Features 50 Classic Episodes in 50 Hours

Leading up to General Hospital’s Special 50th Anniversary Episode

Airing Monday, April 1 on ABC and SOAPnet

Marathon Kicks Off With The Very First Episode

March 13, 2013, Burbank, CA) – In celebration of “General Hospital’s” 50th anniversary, SOAPnet is airing an unprecedented 50-hour marathon of classic episodes from the beloved series, starting Friday, March 29th at 10pm ET/PT and running through Monday, April 1 at 12:00am ET/PT (Sunday night/Monday morning). The marathon kicks off with the very first episode from 1963, and will include shows from every decade. The stunt leads up to the very special 50th anniversary episode of “General Hospital,” airing on Monday, April 1 on ABC (2:00-3:00 p.m. ET//1:00 p.m. PT/CT) and SOAPnet (9:00PM ET/PT, encore at 12:00AM ET/PT).

The marathon will cover all your favorite characters, couples and storylines with such themes as romance (Luke & Laura’s wedding, Frisco & Felicia’s wedding, Luke & Laura’s dance at Wyndham’s, Lucky & Liz’s first kiss), heartbreak (Stone dies, Sonny leaves Brenda at the altar, BJ dies/Maxie’s heart transplant), action-adventure (Ice Princess, the Hostage Crisis, the Hotel Fire,) and shocking bombshells (Elizabeth finds Carly in the panic room, AJ discovers he’s Michael’s father, Jason’s car accident) plus many more surprises and appearances by fan favorites (Elizabeth Taylor as Helena Cassadine, John Stamos as Blackie, Ricky Martin as Miguel, Rick Springfield as Noah). It is an extraordinary marathon, 50 years in the making.

“General Hospital,” the most honored show of the 2012 Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards, celebrates its golden anniversary on April 1, 2013. Approaching 50 historic years on ABC, “General Hospital” is the longest running American soap opera currently in production and the third longest-running drama in American television history. “General Hospital” was created by Frank and Doris Hursley. Frank Valentini is the executive producer. Ron Carlivati is the head writer. “General Hospital” airs 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET; 1:00 p.m. PT/CT on the ABC Television Network.
Edited by dragonflies, Mar 13 2013, 05:24 PM.

cscarly

That greatest moment on gh Brenda being dumb jax and sonny at the alter
While Carly married both men big wedding when she married them
She never lied to them

cscarly

That wasn't heartbreak that best on gh Brenda dump
Wedding we should seeing carjax or Carson wedding not Brenda
Being dump

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Oh boy.

Harmony233

I wish they would show dominquie dies in the tragic section too i feel like thats underrated but i loved that ep and Kin Shriner was so good
Edited by Harmony233, Mar 14 2013, 07:43 AM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I really hope they show Sean and Tiffany's wedding. It was hilarious. So was Lucy and Alan's.

I have no doubt they will show BJ's death and Maxie's heart transplant, another favorite story of mine.

I can't wait!! I can think of so many I want to see!!

jam6242
Member Avatar

I wonder how much pre-80s material is available? GH was one of the first soaps I remember watching in the late 60s and early 70s. It was the only non-NBC soap my mother ever watched. I remember the days when Jessie Brewer was the heroine who was put through the wringer by her husband (sometimes ex), Phil. I also remember Peggy McCay playing alcoholic Iris Fairchild, Lee Baldwin's secretary, with whom he was having an affair.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

jam6242
Mar 14 2013, 12:10 PM
I wonder how much pre-80s material is available? GH was one of the first soaps I remember watching in the late 60s and early 70s. It was the only non-NBC soap my mother ever watched. I remember the days when Jessie Brewer was the heroine who was put through the wringer by her husband (sometimes ex), Phil. I also remember Peggy McCay playing alcoholic Iris Fairchild, Lee Baldwin's secretary, with whom he was having an affair.
I've seen some people state that all of GH is available, in a vault somewhere.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I would be surprised & impressed if all of GH before 1978 was available since it was the standard practice at the time to wipe & record over all of the episodes. That's why so little pre-78/79 P&G soaps are available. Ditto OLTL. I think I heard once that Agnes Nixon actually SAVED all of AMC, but all of the master tapes were lost in a warehouse fire in the late 1970s. Part of her agreement to expand AMC to an hour was that ABC started keeping all the episodes (at least I *think* that's how the story goes). I've only seen VERY little pre-78 GH. I've got the 1st episode and a small handful of 60s episodes in my collection (Phil was SUCH a douche) and there are only a couple of earlier episodes on youtube. I think the only soaps that exist (pre-80) that actually have all their episodes are Ryan's Hope, Days, Y&R, and Dark Shadows.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

General Hospital Anniversary Bumpers

Sandell

Whoo hooooooo, IM all geeked up about this marathon.....I have NEVER SEEN Maxie's heart transplant or the guy who had aids, I always hear about it, so im hoping to see it...Im excited!

snowpeck

I've gotten a hold of the full schedule from SoapNet's press department. Putting it in spoiler tags so that it doesn't take up so much room, and so if anybody wants to be surprised they still can.

Spoiler: click to toggle

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply