Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: 50 years in 50 hours Soapnet Marathon
Topic Started: Feb 10 2013, 04:39 PM (5,221 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

OMG I so hope that's right, please don't take offense :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

snowpeck

No offense taken... you can look at the schedule grid yourself at http://www.soapnetmedianet.com . I just figured it would be more convenient to post just the marathon schedule here instead of making people dig for it at that press site.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Thank you!!!!

my dvr is going to hate me when this is over lol

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

My DVR is going to explode. I'm going to be up late every night this next week trying to clear as much room as possible. Thanks for posting!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Sneak Peek of the Robert & Holly episode

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=260214474115410&set=vb.54025165143&type=2&theater

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Sandell
Mar 21 2013, 06:44 PM
Whoo hooooooo, IM all geeked up about this marathon.....I have NEVER SEEN Maxie's heart transplant or the guy who had aids, I always hear about it, so im hoping to see it...Im excited!
You haven't seen those episodes? They are kleenex moments.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

dragonflies
Mar 22 2013, 09:10 PM
Thank you!!!!

my dvr is going to hate me when this is over lol
LOL mine too. Good thing I am on Spring Break this week that I can get through everything that is already recorded. I set it to record in 12 hour time frames. I figured I could be watching one set while another is recording and then all 50 hours are on the DVR at the same time.

cscarly

why so much of none couple joselynn birth morgan michael birth worth more seeing than watching brenda fake show

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

'General Hospital': See how it began in 1963 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/29/general-hospital-1963-anniversary/

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

enjoy watching gh50 marathon.... love it, still watching....

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

This is one of those rare times I wish I still had Soapnet. GH has made me a bit nostalgic lately with a Retro feel.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This marathon has been EPIC. My DVR is probably on fire because I have literally DVRed every episode so far. Not sure if anyone has ever put their DVR through this type of torture. I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes and it was just awesome. SoapNet is really killing it here, great selections.

I was just going to start watching some live so I could give my DVR a rest, but I saw it was the "BJ's Heart" episode and I didn't have that in me right now so I couldn't do it.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

just still here watching General hospital, now watching about BJ heart giving to Maxie, it so heartbreaking....

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I watched the first two B&W episodes from the 60's which I enjoyed even though I wasn't really sure who anyone was.

I'm watching the 79 episode from when AJ was born right now and Allan's glasses are killing me. They are so fugly. Bobbie/Jackie is so pretty pre plastic surgery and all. Luke has never had good hair and probably never will. He's lucky he started on the show so long ago because he probably wouldn't have had a good chance of being cast in this day and age. That's awful to say I know but shows are so superficial now more so then ever.

Jane Elliott still looks great even now. Her hair in this episode and her chemistry with original recipe Edward is cracking me up during some parts. She was and will always be a Daddy's Girl.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Ack! Luke has glasses like Alan did in the previous episode.

McGuyver! Seeing Richard Dean Anderson on GH makes me wonder what David Hasselhoff was like on Y&R.

I didn't know Laura's Mom was a Dr. for some reason I thought she had been a nurse and not just because she's female.

Scott and Laura looked like a cute couple back then and I think this is when they were dating in real life too.

I always loved the numbers on the elevator doors and was kind of sad when they got rid of them. The other day it was mentioned that there was a 10th floor to the hospital which to me I kinda found that to be a few too many floors...LOL

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 30 2013, 04:20 PM
This is one of those rare times I wish I still had Soapnet. GH has made me a bit nostalgic lately with a Retro feel.
LoriJoGH has the eppy's being posted on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LoriHGGH

six
Member Avatar

I'm enjoying the marathon, but some of the early storylines have grabbed my attention and it's annoying because I'll never get to see how they unfolded.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

six
Mar 31 2013, 08:03 PM
I'm enjoying the marathon, but some of the early storylines have grabbed my attention and it's annoying because I'll never get to see how they unfolded.
That's annoyed me a lot so far too. I've given a lot of hit traffic to Soap Central and Wiki today looking up character bios and etc. to find out about things that I wanted to know. It's helped some.

I'm watching the BJ/Maxie heart episode right now and it's so sad and touching at the same time. :'(

Robyn Richards was a cute little girl and I couldn't imagine a young Kirsten Storms doing these scenes.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

What an awesome marathon this was! I tivoed every episode and will be saving many of them. Can you imagine if they did this with every soap? I would kill for a Days marathon like this!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Have quite enjoyed the marathon. I thought it was a pretty good blend of events. Although I wish there might have been at least one Eddie Main performance within one of the episodes. Great way to celebrate 50 years.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply