Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: 50 years in 50 hours Soapnet Marathon
Topic Started: Feb 10 2013, 04:39 PM (5,451 Views)
JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Just watched a few of the clips and absolutely loved the location shoots on Rodeo Drive and the CA beach for Jax and Brenda. God these two were beautiful together, although Vanessa and Ingo look beautiful with everyone. Even though they're not great, I appreciate Valentini's attempts to do actual location shoots again for GH.

From the brief scenes I have seen I much prefer Amber's Emily to Natalia's. Amber just brought more spunk and layers to the role.

I saw the episode where Luke's and PSA (for some reason the board is automatically inserting PSA for Dante's father) homes were shot up, and the realism of the responses especially from Brenda and Robin were striking to me. Laura's end of the episode remark of "I can't do this anymore" was a very real reaction to having one's home shot up with dead people inside.
Edited by JarlenaLante, Apr 1 2013, 11:06 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Soap Opera Network ‏@SoapOperaNetwrk

BREAKING NEWS: @SOAPnet to Encore 50th Anniversary Marathon of @GeneralHospital.

eyebrowns

Is there a SoapNet stream or something? I don't want to miss this again!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/04/soapnet-to-encore-50-hour-marathon-of-51-classic-episodes-of-abcs-general-hospital

After what must have been a very successful marathon of classic episodes of ABC’s “General Hospital” this past weekend, SOAPnet has announced that it plans to re-run the marathon again this weekend beginning Friday, April 5 at 10:00 PM ET/PT and running through Monday, April 8 at 12:00 AM ET/PT (Sunday night/Monday morning).

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

WOW, that Soapnet plans to run this all again. They really need to get it out on DVD because I am sure there a bunch of GH fans that do and do not have Soapnet that would buy it.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

really, then i might to plan to watch it again
Edited by Keisha, Apr 5 2013, 08:01 PM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I enjoyed this marathon. I notice a lot of the episodes featured Luke n Laura. It was nice seeing them in the early days before I was born.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I too am glad Soapnet is doing this again and hope they are doing this because they got high ratings for the marathon. Hopefully the 20/20 special this Saturday evening gets good ratings for a Saturday.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

The marathon brought back a lot of fond memories that I have about this show.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Don't forget the marathon re-airs tonight starting at 10pm

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Darn it, just watched when Stone died and STILL cry....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply