Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Grammy's discussion thread
Topic Started: Feb 10 2013, 10:26 PM (703 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

discuss the awards here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

so far so good the awards.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wish they give more awards then performances.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

best part of the whole show was Mumford and Sons and The Band tribute

Alin89
Member Avatar

these awards shows go on for too long.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i liked rhianna's performance.

Alin89
Member Avatar

black keys wow that guy with the native american headwear.

Alin89
Member Avatar

were is the in memoriam

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kelly Clarkson is a goddess.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i just love sting.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i love this song from lumneries.
Edited by Alin89, Feb 11 2013, 01:20 AM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I have been watching this show since A Taste of Honey walked away with the Best New Artist trophy (yes, that long!) and I have to say that this was one of the most bland and boring Grammy telecasts ever.

Granted, there were a few surprises (industry experts said fun. would lose in all six of their nominated categories), but the show as a whole has become so predictable, and each year a carbon copy of the previous year in terms of slickness and polished.

I don't like a polished, well-oiled awards show that runs from one cue card to the next. I want spontaneous, raw performances and ad libbing, the whole shebang.

Speaking of tedious and boring, was it really necessary Ryan Seacrest be a part of this? Doesn't he infiltrate our TV screens with enough vanilla blandness?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Kelly was so cute when she won.

Justin was HOT,but no surprise there.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Surprises are risky and might bring the wrath of the FCC. Everything must be planned and vetted, and then on a tape delay just in case someone gets over-excited and utters a foul word.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

And for all those people saying Adele, Miranda Lambert, Lena Dunham and Kelly Clarkson are fat! Fuck off! That's what real women looks like.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Rick
Feb 11 2013, 03:27 PM
And for all those people saying Adele, Miranda Lambert, Lena Dunham and Kelly Clarkson are fat! Fuck off! That's what real women looks like.

Not everyone can be a toothpick like Taylor Swift... :x

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Awww, when I first saw this I thought it was a discussion about our grandma's lol.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

px780
Feb 11 2013, 10:26 AM
Surprises are risky and might bring the wrath of the FCC. Everything must be planned and vetted, and then on a tape delay just in case someone gets over-excited and utters a foul word.
And it doesn't help matters any when a far too large percentage of them don't fucking know how to act in public. lol

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Matt
Feb 11 2013, 05:36 PM
px780
Feb 11 2013, 10:26 AM
And it doesn't help matters any when a far too large percentage of them don't fucking know how to act in public. lol
I'm not sure how I expect a pop star to act in public. Probably a little rowdier than most people would, though.

They're calling some of the female performers/attendees fat? We have issues, imho.

Edited by px780, Feb 12 2013, 12:41 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I have to laugh because the people behind the grammy's admitted to adding an applause track for when Chris Brown's name came up during his category because apparently when he name was said it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop,lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Award Show Discussion Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply