Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, February 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 11 2013, 08:22 AM (8,611 Views)
Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Loved the ericole fantasy scene just wish it had been from erics point of view. I want someone to want nicole first for a change. But ari looked stunning in that dress. I hope tomorrow she tells eric what she really wants is a good ole martini then i know for sure my girl is back
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 11 2013, 09:09 PM
For those that think I can't say anything nice about Sami: I didn't hate her hair and outfit today. I can't say the same about her lipstick.

I REALLY, REALLY wish that if they are going with the "EJ's changed" story, we would have SEEN something, anything that shows that this is a real change as opposed to his alternate year personality.

Holy crap!! Nicole looks amazing.

I see the wormhole between Salem and Chicago is working perfectly today.

I hate to say this, but I'm really kind of tired of Kristen. I hope this "plan" actually leads somewhere.

I tried, but the FF button got a workout once EJ showed up at Sami's place.

Oooh, Nicole has Eric all flustered. I like it. I like it a lot. He looks like he would be happy to help Nicole get out of that dress. And I love how Nicole is challenging him to tell her to get lost. And I love how he sees right through her. So old school. It reminds me of a old school bad boy who used to do the same thing to the good girl who could see right through him.

And I do love Kayla being a competent doctor and saving the day, even if that is all she gets to do anymore. Although, I have to say there is no way they would make the parents leave a little kid like that.

I love Marlena's response to the idea of the Brady/DiMera couplings. It pretty much matched mine.
OMG - I don't know if I could love or agree with this post any more!! :hail: I hated Sami's overall look today more than you did, but wow that lipstick!! It's ALWAYS HER LIPSTICK!!! Who is her lipstick make-up person?!? I might start that blog after all.....

I wasn't wowed by today's episode. It flew by for me too.....b/c I FF'ed through so much of it.

I am tiring of Kristen - fake drunk Kristen was fun, then it got old. She had one line that was hysterical - I think she called something a non-sexitur. Heeehee - that was a little punny funny. But that's really all I got.

Sami and Marlena's scenes were just fine - I don't get what the commotion over them was. They played as expected, so I guess that is good - seemed true to character. But that's not enough for me - I was generally unimpressed. I do recall Sami's slamming toys or something back into a bin - so that seemed right. Appropriate behavior for a petulant child expecting her mother to talk to her in a grown-up, sincere way.

EJ calling Stefano was weird to me. And I did not need to see a close-up of Sami as she gasped about the ring. That was such terrible acting, I can't even.....

Stefano and Marlena's disapproval as Ejami angast? Eh, I didn't get the impression this would make for compelling angst at all. Marlena seemed more upset that Ejami = more phone calls from Stefano. Which is on the one hand kind of hysterical, I must admit, but on the other hand was less about Marlena's feelings about EJ and more about Stefano mind-gaming her.

And yeah, why was Sami/Ali SLAMMING so many things today, even when Sami wasn't angry or petulant? She must indeed think that LOUD NOISES = good acting. That is why her gasps and shrieks and cries are the way the are.

LOL at Parker in the hospital bed =)

WOW Jennifer looked really tired and washed out at the end of the episode, when Daniel asked her if she had lied. I did enjoy seeing her squirm though.

Ericole was hand's down the best part of the show. Nicole looked incredibly beautiful - like yowza. I liked Eric stumbling over himself talking to her. And that opening fantasy, Eric removing his collar, I mean.....gahhhh. I do think I will enjoy any slow burn or build-up or whatever between the two of them. Which is saying a lot, b/c Eric was a painful, dour bore before today.

Eh, this episode was just whatever for me.
Edited by elci525, Feb 11 2013, 11:00 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I loved drunk Kristen today but this plan the writers have concocted makes no sense. Why didn't Kristen slip something into Brady's drink if she wanted to loosen him up rather than pretending to be drunk herself? Not only that, if she has to get on her hands and knees and practically beg Brady for a proposal, doesn't it defeat the entire purpose of leaving him at the altar and humiliating him in front of his friends and family? Won't he just be happy he doesn't have to go through with something he didn't want to go through with in the first place?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

The writers have no "plan" for Kristen's revenge or at least they have no long term plan and as such are just throwing random stories in to make it stretch, lol.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Feb 11 2013, 10:49 PM
The writers have no "plan" for Kristen's revenge or at least they have no long term plan and as such are just throwing random stories in to make it stretch, lol.
I've felt all along that the writers were making it up as they went along, just throwing things in to stretch the story out whether it makes sense or not. These juvenile schemes are beneath a character like Kristen and it seems to be all for naught since the story isn't going anywhere.

I've enjoyed the individual scenes, but the story as a whole leaves a lot to be desired.

AFaithL

Kenny
Feb 11 2013, 10:53 PM
Panda Panda
I've felt all along that the writers were making it up as they went along, just throwing things in to stretch the story whether it makes sense or not.

I've enjoyed the individual scenes, but the story as a whole leaves a lot to be desired.
The only thing the writers have gotten "right" in this story is pairing Eileen with Eric Martsolf. And that was more a happy accident than a well thought out plan. But they "work" together in a way I haven't seen Eric work with any other actress.

And lets be serious. If Ejami can be considered a viable couple after he raped her, put a Rafe-double in her bed to rape her some more, faked her daughter's death....and after Sami shot EJ in the head leaving him for dead, then Bristen CAN be a couple in the future.

Anyway, I loved their scenes today. As well as Ericole's. Finally...I saw the heat!

AFaithL

What I didn't like was Sami's hideous dress!! Ew!!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
I have been thinking this for a long while now. It's actually disappointing because they can do more, push the boundaries. I don't buy this plan of dumping Brady at the altar since I suspect by the time she's walking down that aisles any thought of dumping him will be far from her mind. Additionally she might end up being the one dumped, a sort of replay of her almost wedding to John years ago. These writers still can't write as far as I am concerned.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 11 2013, 11:24 PM
Kenny
Panda Panda
I've felt all along that the writers were making it up as they went along, just throwing things in to stretch the story whether it makes sense or not.

The only thing the writers have gotten "right" in this story is pairing Eileen with Eric Martsolf. And that was more a happy accident than a well thought out plan. But they "work" together in a way I haven't seen Eric work with any other actress.

And lets be serious. If Ejami can be considered a viable couple after he raped her, put a Rafe-double in her bed to rape her some more, faked her daughter's death....and after Sami shot EJ in the head leaving him for dead, then Bristen CAN be a couple in the future.

Anyway, I loved their scenes today. As well as Ericole's. Finally...I saw the heat!
That's the thing, whatever Kristen's plan is, Bristen is endgame. She'll be in love with him before long and when that happens Brady may find out that she was using him against his folks which will be angst.

AFaithL

And where is nu-Sydney? Isn't she supposed to debut this month?

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Feb 11 2013, 03:15 PM
Will&Sonny
Feb 11 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm getting kind of sick of seeing Daniel and Jennifer return from locations that are supposed to be several hours away from Salem in the span of one commercial break.
Every television show and movie does this. People would (rightfully) be complaining of utter boredom if we saw a half hour or an hour's worth of show devoted to someone driving or flying back from somewhere. We're supposed to suspend disbelief and assume a reasonable length of time has passed.
Thats nothing a couple of years ago i was watching GH and Jason was in Hawaii doing something. Sonny was in the hosiptal having a shoot out with Reece helping him out. Jason found out he was in trouble. Jason got from Hawaii to Port Charles in the span of a comercial break and was right in the hospital got the the stairwell where Sony and Reece were shooting and was able to help them out and help save the day. I competely rolled my eyes on that what. I mean come on from Port Charles to Hawaii that fast. I find the Dannifer one more believable after that.

AFaithL

Laufeyson
Feb 11 2013, 11:30 PM
AFaithL
Feb 11 2013, 11:24 PM
Kenny
Panda Panda

That's the thing, whatever Kristen's plan is, Bristen is endgame. She'll be in love with him before long and when that happens Brady may find out that she was using him against his folks which will be angst.
Well they sure are taking their sweet-ass time. My worst fear with this pairing is that they will bring on a new leading lady for Brady sometime this summer after the wedding failure in May sweeps. And we've been there, done that, with Brady and other pairings. So a big, fat "no thanks" to finding him a new love interest. I'm too invested in Eric and Eileen's chemistry.

Now, would I be open to Brady dating someone else to make Kristen jealous? Yeah, for a few weeks. Because Kristen's gonna need to prove her love and fight for him. And I've been tired of her being a bitch to him. But Brady's a forgiving guy. I just wanna see Kristen chase him for real....not out of some revenge plot. Let that fall to the wayside.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

I loved today episode. The EJ and Samantha stuff was great. I love them making out on the coach and how excited they are to tell their children that they are together as a family.

I didnt mind the Marlena and Sami conversation but it bugged me because she is a cheerleader for Rafe. Wasnt she telling Carrie to follow her heart and get with Rafe when he was seperated from Sami and she was with Austin. I dont get how its okay for Carrie and Rafe to be together. Then she turns around and tells her to get back with Rafe. I mean wouldnt Rafe still be chasing Carrie if they hadnt left town. WOuldnt she want someone better for her daughter then a guy who lusted after her sister. I know that Marlena as reason to dislike EJ but wouldnt it be better for Marlena to tell Sami to be alone for a while instead of jumping into a relationship with EJ.

Loved Anne telling off Jennifer. I use to be a big Jennifer i loved Jennifer and Frankie. But I dont like dr. feel good so its making me not like Jennifer. Plus didnt they didnt they do the deed before they brought Jack back. I remember before she was practically begging him to have sex with her about two years

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I want Kristen to have a long term goal in Salem. Not just some wacky, "plan as you go" scheme to divide John and Marlena. Let Kristen get more in touch with her DiMera side. Hell, let her become the next (crazier) Stefano.

Just give her something substantial.

and if they could throw Peter back into the mix then I'd be even happier.
Edited by Panda Panda, Feb 12 2013, 12:05 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 11 2013, 01:07 PM
NB is not good at playing anxioius.
...and you are not good at spelling it. xo
Edited by mer4santo, Feb 12 2013, 12:08 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Feb 12 2013, 12:08 AM
tomsawyer
Feb 11 2013, 01:07 PM
NB is not good at playing anxioius.
...and you are not good at spelling it. xo
Lol. Duh, it's a new word. All the kids are using it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 11 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm getting kind of sick of seeing Daniel and Jennifer return from locations that are supposed to be several hours away from Salem in the span of one commercial break.
Fixed

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 11 2013, 03:45 PM
I hate that Kristen said "epic failure". I despise that stupid phrase with the intensity of one thousand suns, especially when someone who is over the age of twenty-five utters it.
Why you gotta hate on the hella hyphy wisdom of your elders? Come on!

AFaithL

Panda Panda
Feb 12 2013, 12:04 AM
I want Kristen to have a long term goal in Salem. Not just some wacky, "plan as you go" scheme to divide John and Marlena. Let Kristen get more in touch with her DiMera side. Hell, let her become the next (crazier) Stefano.

Just give her something substantial.

and if they could throw Peter back into the mix then I'd be even happier.
As long as Brady's right by her side as they scheme together.

And Kristen needs to get over J&M. It makes her look immature.

Plus, J&M need their own stories involving John getting his brain and personality back from wherever the fuck its been in the last 6months. Maybe J&M's next story can be finding the real John Black.

WillFan
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 11 2013, 11:33 PM
And where is nu-Sydney? Isn't she supposed to debut this month?
Nadia and Talia Hartounian debut as the new Sydney DiMera on February 19, 2013.
http://www.jason47.com/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply