Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 2/11
Topic Started: Feb 11 2013, 09:02 AM (30,383 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 16 2013, 03:03 PM
There are disagreements with the storyline and then there is calling her fat, insulting her family and whipping out every single profanity in the book. Folks need to think of better ways of voicing their displeasure of a s/l then hitting below the belt. Once you go there, don't be surprised if she blocks you. No one should have to deal with that from anyone, I don't care how long someone has been a "fan". It's not cool.
I can't speak for all of the tweets but the two or three people I've heard of that have gotten blocked by her have called out Sami's issues not Ali's....just for the record....the Lumis for the most part have never criticized her appearance, they don't call her fat, don't call her a pig....that's another fan base but since we aren't suppose to talk about bases here, I'm not going to say who they are....

Speaking for my base, we've always been very vocal about Sami, never really anything about Ali....appearance wise, although I personally thought it was bizarre for her to tweet about how bad bran muffins and apple juice were...without giving alternatives way to make those healthier snacks/drinks ,which she does at times do via twitter (mashed potatoes made out of cauliflower, for example)...but that's neither here nor there....and that had more to do with how I view TBL and how bad a program I think it is....and that has nothing to do with Ali at all.....except that she hosts it...but IMHO the show is doing more bad than good.....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

DaysPossessed
Feb 16 2013, 04:41 PM
I've seen some of the tweets sent to Days, NBC, Katie Couric and Alison and all I can say is that tweeter needs some serious meds. It's a TV show for heavensakes.
Yep, there are some cray cray out there in twitter land :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 16 2013, 04:43 PM
six
Feb 16 2013, 04:35 PM
lysie
Feb 16 2013, 04:11 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 16 2013, 03:59 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Oh they got it. They told me they got it. I hate them.

The feedback AS is getting now isn't any different than the feedback she's been getting for years. It's really not a big deal.
Something must have changed if it's true that she hasn't blocked anyone in the past.
I don't know if she's blocked people before or not, but if anything has changed it's her sensitivity to it.
Maybe she decided life's too short to see that crap in her time line every day. If she's anything like me (or even anything like another cast member who discussed twitter with a few of us) she looks at the time lines of the people who tweet constantly to her. She can see what they say about Alison, not Sami.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

gailwinters
Feb 16 2013, 03:57 PM
TreasureCove
Feb 16 2013, 03:41 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 16 2013, 02:24 PM
And to getting thanked for gifts, I don't care what fanbase it is, the idea that she is obligated to thank you is completely ridiculous. If I give someone a gift, I in no way do that with the forethought to how they are going to go about thanking me. If that's the case, the gift giving is coming with an expectation that AS doesn't have to meet.

I've never given an actor a gift. I agree that no one has an obligation to say thank-you.

However, let's say that I gave someone named Mary a gift along with nine other people. If Mary then said thank-you to those other 9 people for the gifts they gave her in a place she knew I could see her, then completely ignored me, my feelings would be hurt.
Maybe your gift got lost in the mail room or on someone's desk and Mary never knew about it. That happens a lot more often than you might think.

I can tell you the gift did not get lost in the mail....a few of us asked her point blank months later about it after she thanked both Ejamis and Safes for their respective gifts.....and she even told Safes that she would 'never' not thank anyone for their gifts.....she ignored it...and it was around the time the cliffhanger was being filmed....she flat out was tweeting with some of us back then and a few asked her and she kept tweeting back and forth and didn't acknowledge the gift, I remember one person even said,....needless to say IMHO I don't think we will ever be able to recruit money for her gifts ever again.......Lumis had celebrated every 5 year milestone for Ali...we sent her gifts for her 5th, 10th, 15th anniversaries...she got one gift for her 20th anniversary.....kudos to the Ejamis for sending her it...she would have been without anything that day if she hadn't gotten that from you guys. I heard the Safes also got ignored for their Christmas gifts to her....so I think they failed to send her something for the anniversary also.....IMHO if the base doesn't hound her with a 'thank you request' for a gift...she will thank them if that base is 'in story filming at the moment'...by December we all know now what was being filmed and it surely wasn't Safe....by April of last year we all know now what was being filmed and it surely wasn't Lumi...she plays up the bases this way and if you've followed her long enough you've figured it out. I don't ask for a thank you, but don't thank the other two bases and ignore the other one if all three sent you a gift for a particular occasion.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

The Scorpion
Feb 16 2013, 05:00 PM
DaysPossessed
Feb 16 2013, 04:41 PM
I've seen some of the tweets sent to Days, NBC, Katie Couric and Alison and all I can say is that tweeter needs some serious meds. It's a TV show for heavensakes.
Yep, there are some cray cray out there in twitter land :)
from EVERY fan base...

six
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 16 2013, 05:02 PM
lysie
six
lysie
Feb 16 2013, 04:11 PM

Something must have changed if it's true that she hasn't blocked anyone in the past.
I don't know if she's blocked people before or not, but if anything has changed it's her sensitivity to it.
Maybe she decided life's too short to see that crap in her time line every day. If she's anything like me (or even anything like another cast member who discussed twitter with a few of us) she looks at the time lines of the people who tweet constantly to her. She can see what they say about Alison, not Sami.
That's a very good point that I didn't think about.

Sound
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 16 2013, 03:59 PM
Well, my Mama taught me to write thank yous, but so be it. I think my issue is that I have seen other fanbases go totally looney tunes and Ali reached out instead of blocking them. She's free to block whoever she wants, but I think JS is honestly the best at Twitter-he hardly goes on.
My mother taught me to write thank you notes too - to people that I knew. I don't think actors have any obligation to thank anyone for things they receive from fans. In my view sending expensive gifts to actors is one step away from stalking and I really never understood the concept.

I also think harassing an actor on their social media site - Facebook, Twitter or whatever is uncalled for and when abusive or EXCESSIVE could scare the bejeebies out of someone. Stalking of celebrities is real. And someone that tweets an actor 10 -20 times a day good or bad is coming close to the stalking/fruitcake stage. And don't tell me "oh, I only tweeted once." I call BS.
Edited by Sound, Feb 16 2013, 05:57 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Feb 16 2013, 05:12 PM
gailwinters
lysie
six

Eh. Maybe. These actors just need someone to help them figure out how to do these things without making it look like they're picking sides.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I was the one who sent that tweet to Katie and I am not cray cray. I was also one who was blocked by Ali and I am not cray cray. I have copies of those tweets and they were about Sami, not Ali. I think I know the difference between Ali the person and Sami the character. I think a lot of you know it was me who sent those tweets too. It was part of a protest against rape. Social media is for expressing your thoughts, but apparently this whack job doesn't have the right to do that. Yes I do. And I do have a very full life thank you.

michr544125

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other regarding Ally, as I'm not sure what happened from star to finish with this. But I do agree that some celebs need to better learn how to handle their fans and how to handle the way they compose themselves in the public eye. It's not even just actors but celebrities in general. While it is true, it is their twitter accounts and are free to block anybody they want to, they also shouldn't forget it is because of their fans they have the job they do. Most celebs make a lot of money and IMO need to learn how to ignore things (as long as they nor their families aren't being personally attacked) because of that. Without fans, no celebrity has a job. I see nothing wrong with a person being passionate about something and sending out tweets about that. Before twitter, fans would write hand letters. Letters are not really the in thing anymore. Twitter is now the in thing and with only being able to write so many characters on one tweet, I don't think sending out several tweets is that cray crazy, especially if you feel passionate about something. I also think fans have a right to express their own opinions as long as they compose their opinions appropriately. I think some celebs may take things too personal when a fan may just be giving constructive criticism. Again, without fans, actors don't have a job. But blaming an actor for a characters downfall or clearly not understanding the difference between an actor and character and tweeting accordingly is crazy. Also social media can be confusing. What a person means and how it may come across to others may be two different things. What the sender may find funny the recipient may not find funny. No harm was meant but maybe the recipient misinterprets the message?
Edited by michr544125, Feb 16 2013, 06:33 PM.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 16 2013, 06:01 PM
six
Feb 16 2013, 05:12 PM
gailwinters
lysie

Eh. Maybe. These actors just need someone to help them figure out how to do these things without making it look like they're picking sides.
It can't be done. Let's say the show does Brami in February. Angry sabe fans say nasty things to AS and get blocked.. FF to next February when sabe is the endgame couple. Now there are nasty brami fans saying things and getting blocked. Nobody is going to remember that the same thing happened to the other fanbase. And everyone thinks they're reasonable, so AS must be picking sides, because there's no way they crossed the line and deserved to get blocked.

lysie
Member Avatar

At this point it should be obvious that it's time to move on.

And some of you need to figure out a more appropriate way to use the like/dislike function.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Is Days dark this week?

lysie
Member Avatar

trojangal
Feb 16 2013, 06:40 PM
Is Days dark this week?
Yes.

deletemyaccountplease

If AS is tweeting about how awful bran muffins and apple juice are then that's +1 from me

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I just have to add, AS eagerly eats up all the love and adoration that fans send either to Sami or to her, and negative tweets and feedback are part of the deal. Given how her character behaves, it is even less likely that everything will be a love fest for her. The Twitterverse has become the Land of Too Much Information.

AFaithL

Hey lysie, since the studio is dark this week, can DR do another countdown? Like best love scenes....or worst love scenes.....or something equally fabulous?

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

I have to ask an obvious question. Why aren't I reading people complaining about Galen not thanking fans on twitter for these same gifts? Why must people lay all the blame at the feet of Alison? You should never send a gift expecting anything in return. The days before social media, no one ever knew if a gift was delivered. It seems people are seeking attention and throw a hissy fit when others are the recipient. That is engaging in childish behavior.

chinkybig

cord08
Feb 16 2013, 12:11 PM
@eileen_davidson: @Ari_Zucker @nbcdays round two goes to Nicole. Grrrrrrrrrr
I seriously can't wait to see Kristen vs. Nicole. Bring it on!!:D

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Feb 16 2013, 08:19 PM
cord08
Feb 16 2013, 12:11 PM
@eileen_davidson: @Ari_Zucker @nbcdays round two goes to Nicole. Grrrrrrrrrr
I seriously can't wait to see Kristen vs. Nicole. Bring it on!!:D
I am glad to see round two going to Nicole.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply