Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 2/11
Topic Started: Feb 11 2013, 09:02 AM (30,837 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

John could just have an affair with Marlena and Brady would see that Kristen is evil and that would totally ruin her "plan"

This potential wedding is a disaster no matter how you look at it. :\
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chinkybig

^^ Sounds very good in theory, but at the rate we are going now, I don't think John deserves this kind of "good" story with the way he is written. Taking the quote from Stefano, John is not even worth it to "shine Kristen's shoes", despite him being and acting like a heel in the past few months.

AFaithL

Will&Sonny
Feb 12 2013, 11:18 PM
Tammy
Feb 12 2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:

Drake Hogestyn ‏@DrakeHogestyn
Pacing in my dressing room trying to understand John Blacks choices and how to play these scenes today.

I am not liking the sound of THIS!!!
For some reason, the first thing that came to my mind when I read that was, "John offers to marry Kristen to keep her away from Brady."

I'm probably wrong, though. Surely I'm wrong....
Which would make NO sense and make him look like a huge jerk.

Edited by AFaithL, Feb 13 2013, 01:48 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 12 2013, 11:25 PM
So far I'm believing that Kristen really doesn't want John back so I don't see it happening. It might. Kristen's motivations have been kept under wraps. I really do get the feeling that she HATES John and Marlena now. The only times she was really nice to John was when she wanted to torture Marlena. When she revealed her true self to John it seemed like she hated him just as much as she hates Marlena. I'm really not sure where this is all going and I don't mind that.
9 times out of 10 when someone says "I hate you" what they're really saying is "I'm hurt by what you did to me and I don't like you very much right now."

I don't think Kristen hates John. I think she's just hurt by what he did to her all those years ago. If John were to come around and make Kristen believe he really wanted to be with her (not sure how he could realistically do that, but whatever) I could see Kristen softening towards him and letting some of the bitterness go. That would be really out of character for John, though. I see him doing a lot of things for his son, but tossing Marlena to the curb so he can take Kristen off of Brady's hands? He would never.

AFaithL

Kenny
Feb 13 2013, 12:17 AM
That would be really out of character for John, though. I see him doing a lot of things for his son, but tossing Marlena to the curb so he can take Kristen off of Brady's hands? He would never.

I'll cut my VERY long ranting down and say two things:

1)Massive character assassination

2) If it happens, I can't wait for the spin from NBC on how this is the "only" thing John could do. As if there weren't other ways to stop it. Like tying up Kristen and putting her in a closet somewhere. Or drugging her and placing her in an underground tunnel. No, this is the ONLY! WAY! to stop the Bristen wedding. Only not.

Edited by AFaithL, Feb 13 2013, 01:32 AM.

Will&Sonny

Panda Panda
Feb 13 2013, 12:14 AM
John could just have an affair with Marlena and Brady would see that Kristen is evil and that would totally ruin her "plan"
If Kristen has leverage in place to keep John in line, an affair would not be possible without serious repercussions. Stefano made John believe that Marlena's life was in danger in order to ensure that John would agree to turn back into the Pawn last year. Kristen could do something similar (with or without Stefano's help).

As for Brady, yes, he'd see that Kristen is "evil", but so what? If she really doesn't care about Brady and is planning to dump him at the altar, learning that she's evil is an inevitability of this storyline. The only "problem" is that it ruins the Brady and Kristen pairing, which has become fairly popular, but the writers are -- I mean, Kristen is -- eventually going to have to make a decision -- does she want revenge, or does she want Brady?

Kristen has talked about running with things that have "fallen into her lap" in the past. John offering to marry her in order to save Brady would be an unexpected turn of events for her that she might not be able to resist. Then, after Brady learns the truth and declares that he hates her, she could realize that she was really in love with him all along -- which, using Kristen's twisted logic, might just make her more determined than ever to make John and Marlena suffer, since John ruined her chance at happiness again when he tempted her with a marriage proposal instead of just leaving well enough alone. Then, when everything is going Kristen's way, John and Marlena are at their lowest points, and their family is in turmoil, Brady could realize that he doesn't care that Kristen is evil -- he still loves her in spite of her flaws. Kristen and Brady could return to their roots with another secret affair, and Marlena could catch them in the act again -- with a camera in hand this time -- and the storyline would come full circle. Proof of an affair would free John from his bogus marriage, leaving him free to reunite with Marlena. But all is not lost for Kristen -- she'd still have Brady, at least. Oh, but it turns out that Brady was working with Marlena to trick Kristen into digging her own grave....

There. In a matter of minutes, I've just written enough storyline to keep that part of the cast busy for the next year or more.

AFaithL

And an unwatchable one for John's character.

Will&Sonny

Kenny
That would be really out of character for John, though. I see him doing a lot of things for his son, but tossing Marlena to the curb so he can take Kristen off of Brady's hands? He would never.
Yeah, but Drake's tweet makes it sound like John's actions are going to be out of character, which is what made me think of that seemingly ridiculous idea about marrying Kristen in the first place.

And, as AFaithL said, it wouldn't be the first time that John has done something that was wildly out of character in this storyline.

chinkybig

AFaithL
Feb 13 2013, 12:51 AM
And an unwatchable one for John's character.
Let's make it even more un-watchable: Enter Roman Brady. 'Nuff said.

:-/

Daysofold

Tomlins doing everything in his power to kill off what was the dynamic on Days. First it was Jack, then Bo and now John. The current male cast doesn't hold a candle to the three above. Sorry state IMO.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't think the show is in a sorry state, even remotely. Its the best it has been in a very long time. BUT I will always agree that there are not men on this canvas that can hold a candle to Bo, Jack, and John. I would throw in Wayne Northrop's Roman too.

I'm not sure what lengths John is going to have to go to to stop this wedding. The fanfic side of me kinda wants John to bribe/beg Susan to come back and have him swap Susan with Kristen for the wedding. I don't know how he would get around the fact that his son would then be "married" to Susan's "Kristen." But he could have her leave Brady at the alter anyway or something of the sorts. This would have such a 90s JER DAYS feel to it. I love the way that Kristen is being written as a real person, but this would only require like two weeks of Susan and she could go away again once Brady or someone else figured this out. I can't help but want this to happen.

chinkybig

Bribe Susan and make her impersonate Kristen and then marry Brady? Throw in Susan actually falling in love with Brady, too. I can't wait for baby Elvis's reaction.

That's just mean, mean, mean. LOL.
Edited by chinkybig, Feb 13 2013, 01:57 AM.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Feb 13 2013, 01:56 AM
Bribe Susan and make her impersonate Kristen and then marry Brady? Throw in Susan actually falling in love with Brady, too. I can't wait for baby Elvis's reaction.

That's just mean, mean, mean. LOL.
Tomlin, you listening?

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND I WILL REWARD YOU WITH 100 PHOTOS OF SHAWN CHRISTIAN WITH HIS SHIRT OFF.

niki

AFaithL
Will&Sonny
Tammy
Quote:

Drake Hogestyn ‏@DrakeHogestyn
Pacing in my dressing room trying to understand John Blacks choices and how to play these scenes today.

I am not liking the sound of THIS!!!
For some reason, the first thing that came to my mind when I read that was, "John offers to marry Kristen to keep her away from Brady."

He already looks like a jerk these days but the first thing that pops into my head would be that he sleeps with Kristen. If he was doing it to save Brady and stop the wedding then that would give the actor some motivation but that's not what his tweet is suggesting.

How would the character of John Black EVER justify sleeping with another woman (because it could be Kate, Hope or Kristen)? If you think of the wild things the character of John has gone through over the years, which hasn't caused the actor portraying them to be vocal about not knowing how to justify his character's choices then really, the only thing left would be something John hasn't done...which is cheat (without thinking Marlena is dead first). I can't even contemplate such out of character behaviour and for me, no matter what else I like about the show right now it'd be all undone with such an act. It would undo the one constant of the past few decades, that John loves Marlena. Even if they reconciled afterwards, it's not something I think I could watch.

I know writers don't like happy soap couples and think that angering fans increases their interest in watching but it's a fine line and to me they're crossing it with this character. The current destruction of John has already gone past the point of ire for me and into the realm of it's just pissing me off enough not to want to watch. My one hope through this 'disappearance' of John's was that it was a ruse to lure Kristen into a false sense of security only to then turn the tables on her. To me that would be the only explanation of what we've seen so far in his OOC behaviour but this tweet even takes away that hope, as well as make me dread what is potentially to come.
Edited by niki, Feb 13 2013, 03:24 AM.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Deidre Hall ‏@DeidreHall
Oh my gosh...I could eat them up!!! http://fb.me/1mgBAXHIc
Deidre and a Kunitz twin

Deidre Hall ‏@DeidreHall
Brief but nice scenes today with JT. http://fb.me/2FuvHCpIV
Deidre and Chris Kos... Josh Taylor

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

why AZ?? WHY??? Those horrible bangs that you have been sporting for 4 years had FINALLY grown out and you have been looking fantastic again! Who keeps convincing you to hop back on the bangswagon?! It is the worst hair trend of this century and I am so sad to see you not capitalizing on your beauty :(

AFaithL

niki
Feb 13 2013, 02:50 AM
AFaithL
Will&Sonny
Tammy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

He already looks like a jerk these days but the first thing that pops into my head would be that he sleeps with Kristen. If he was doing it to save Brady and stop the wedding then that would give the actor some motivation but that's not what his tweet is suggesting.

How would the character of John Black EVER justify sleeping with another woman (because it could be Kate, Hope or Kristen)? If you think of the wild things the character of John has gone through over the years, which hasn't caused the actor portraying them to be vocal about not knowing how to justify his character's choices then really, the only thing left would be something John hasn't done...which is cheat (without thinking Marlena is dead first). I can't even contemplate such out of character behaviour and for me, no matter what else I like about the show right now it'd be all undone with such an act. It would undo the one constant of the past few decades, that John loves Marlena. Even if they reconciled afterwards, it's not something I think I could watch.

I know writers don't like happy soap couples and think that angering fans increases their interest in watching but it's a fine line and to me they're crossing it with this character. The current destruction of John has already gone past the point of ire for me and into the realm of it's just pissing me off enough not to want to watch. My one hope through this 'disappearance' of John's was that it was a ruse to lure Kristen into a false sense of security only to then turn the tables on her. To me that would be the only explanation of what we've seen so far in his OOC behaviour but this tweet even takes away that hope, as well as make me dread what is potentially to come.
Bullshit that Tomlin doesn't like happy couples. He certainly loves EJami, Wilson, and Danifer.

He just hates John and Marlena.

AFaithL

And I think Tomlin would love it if fans would accept John doing whatever Tomlin wanted him to do. It's never been about the John/Marlena relationship for him. He has no desire to write for them as a couple. Its all about how he can write John in regards to Kristen, and still try to make John acceptable to the audience as a prominent male character. He wants it both ways.
Edited by AFaithL, Feb 13 2013, 05:31 PM.

AFaithL

Too much ranting
Edited by AFaithL, Feb 13 2013, 05:29 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 12 2013, 11:10 PM
Yep. Looks like they both have wedding hair. Nicole's does look bad, but I'm going to hope that's not the finished product, lol. I've been pretty sure it was a Bristen wedding and today has done nothing to change my mind.

As far as Drake's tweets I don't even get it. John Black has had 40 different identities and about 20 different personalities to go with them. How in the hell can there be ANYTHING that he wouldn't have an idea of how to play? I think he's exaggerating a little...or a lot. I'm glad to see John is seemingly back to working frequently though. Drake has far from impressed since his return but I still want John around.
He's not saying he doesn't know how to act it at all, he's saying he doesn't know that this is something John would do... that as John Black, this is not familiar territory.

And identities and personalities are not the same. His name has changed, but outside of losing his memory as RoboJohn (which was ridiculous, because losing your memories are not the exact same thing as changing your personality... also, that story sucked rotten balls), his personality has always remained somewhat the same... There are periods where the writers haven't gotten the character AT ALL, but those, like with every other character, are called "out of character", not "different personality". For John, those traits have been that he's been in love with the same woman for all these years, that he's hated Stefano for the same time period, that he's scared to lose everything (because he already did once), that he has a need for love in his life - whether he truly loves them back or not, that he tries to look at people's good side, because he needs other people to do the same for him. Those traits make up the character of John Black. Those are the things that always remain. And nobody actually likes the constant change in identity for him, but the writers get suckier and less imaginative, so...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply