Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40th Annual Pre-Nominations Ballot Revealed!
Topic Started: Feb 11 2013, 01:34 PM (3,996 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

In the Lead Actress category there are thirteen submissions, meaning ten will make it to the next round … and the women vying for the honors this year are:

Susan Flannery, B&B - SCENE: Outside of her goodbye party, Stephanie comforts Brooke, who wants to spend more time with the Forrester matriarch. Stephanie asks Brooke to lead the Forrester family and maintain peace after she passes away in a bittersweet scene.

Heather Tom, B&B – SCENE: Katie announces to Bill and Brooke she’s leaving her marriage, new baby and life — and that she regrets ever getting pregnant.

Deidre Hall, DAYS – SCENE: Marlena and Will discuss his dating life at the Salem Pub.

Peggy McKay, DAYS – SCENE: Caroline and Victor reflect on the past and present — and how much they have changed.

Finola Hughes, GH – SCENE: Patrick confesses to Anna that he cheated on Robin.

Kelly Monaco, GH – SCENE: Jason hands Sam her dead baby.

Kelly Sullivan, GH – SCENE: Connie/Kate relives her rape in front of Ewen.

Laura Wright, GH – SCENE: Carly lashes out at Sonny and blames him for Jason’s death. She later apologizes and kisses Sonny.

Kassie DePaiva, OLTL – SCENE: Blair tells Todd she trusts him and suggests they reconcile before they make love.

Sharon Case, Y&R – SCENE: Sharon learns she’s bipolar and debates taking medication from her therapist.

Jeanne Cooper, Y&R – SCENE: Kay goes ballistic on Tucker for agreeing to marry Sharon on the day Victor is “buried.”

Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R - SCENE: An overwhelmed and emotional Nikki visits the Newman Ranch for the first time since it was mysteriously engulfed in flames.

Michelle Stafford, Y&R- SCENE: In front of a crowd at Crimson Lights, Phyllis freaks out on Christine after learning The Bug is suing her.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/40th-annual-pre-nominations-ballot-revealed-lead-actress-category-submissions/2013/02/11/
Edited by Daytime, Feb 11 2013, 01:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jair

No submission by KKL?
Hunter Tylo is in Supporting categoriy if I'm not wrong (even tough I don't know why she is not in Lead Actress one)
Edited by Jair, Feb 11 2013, 01:50 PM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Jair
Feb 11 2013, 01:49 PM
No submission by KKL?
Hunter Tylo is in Supporting categoriy if I'm not wrong (even tough I don't know why she is not in Lead Actress one)
Quote:

Some notable information; The Bold and the Beautiful’s Katherine Kelly Lang submitted herself in the Supporting Actress category for when Brooke cradles Stephanie in her final moments before she dies, not Lead Actress. General Hospital’s brilliant Jane Elliot (Tracy) is missing from the ballot completely. Kassie DePaiva is in the Lead Actress category for her work on One Life to Live and in the Supporting Actress category for her work on General Hospital.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/40th-annual-pre-nominations-ballot-revealed-lead-actress-category-submissions/2013/02/11/

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I'll be shocked if Susan Flannery doesn't take home Best Actress. Jason Thompson deserves lead Actor.

I'm kind of surprised that James Scott didn't submit.

Jair

Thanks Daytime!:)

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Also, Peggy McCay as Lead Actress is so silly. I liked that scene, but she should be in Supporting.

I hope Eileen at least submitted herself in Supporting. The scene at the cabin with Kristen & John was great!

Paul8148

Lead actor is likely between Roger and Jason. Lead Actress should be Hughes in a cakewalk. Eileen did not summited, remember the cabin screens took place on 1/1 of this year (blame the sandy hook pre-empt) for that.

Paul8148

Support Actor for Days is Shawn, Bryan, Berris,
Supporting Actress for Days is Laura, Zucker (who summited find out the baby is dead and could be a frontrunner), Evans, and Rogers

lysie
Member Avatar

Paul8148
Feb 11 2013, 03:13 PM
Lead actor is likely between Roger and Jason. Lead Actress should be Hughes in a cakewalk. Eileen did not summited, remember the cabin screens took place on 1/1 of this year (blame the sandy hook pre-empt) for that.
No, the cabin scenes were earlier. The scenes at the beginning of the year were in her hotel room.

spiderweb55
Member Avatar

Kelly Sullivan :lol:

TFP!

T-Love74
Member Avatar

DAYS SUBMISSIONS:

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR;
Blake Berris "Nick"
Shawn Christian "Daniel"
Bryan Datillo "Lucas"
James Reynolds "Abe"
Greg Vaughn "Eric"

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Judi Evans "Adrienne"
Lauren Koslow "Kate"
Suzanne Rogers "Maggie"
Arianne Zuker "Nicole"

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR:
Galen Gering "Rafe"
Joesph Mascolo "Stefano"

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS
Deidre Hall "Marlena"
Peggy McKay "Caroline"

sonjawitthaus

Does anyone know the Supporting Actresses that are in the running?

T-Love74
Member Avatar

QUESTION: Can recurring actors submit themselves for Emmy consideration?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yes, Robin Mattson is recurring on GH. Kassie DePaiva was never under contract to GH and she submitted. Those are just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's at least one or two more.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Feb 11 2013, 05:29 PM
DAYS SUBMISSIONS:

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR;
Blake Berris "Nick"
Shawn Christian "Daniel"
Bryan Datillo "Lucas"
James Reynolds "Abe"
Greg Vaughn "Eric"

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Judi Evans "Adrienne"
Lauren Koslow "Kate"
Suzanne Rogers "Maggie"
Arianne Zuker "Nicole"

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR:
Galen Gering "Rafe"
Joesph Mascolo "Stefano"

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS
Deidre Hall "Marlena"
Peggy McKay "Caroline"
Thanks for those!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Susan Flannery win one last time for Stephanie Forrester.

When are the actual nominations revealed?
Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 12 2013, 07:25 AM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Guiding Light and As the World Turns' absence continues to open the door for so many names that would never have even been in the same sentence as the word Emmy.

If you think back, the Procter & Gamble soaps were staples in the nominating process before their cancellations.
If I am correct, I remember one year (2004? 2005?), when every single nomination in the supporting categories came from the CBS soaps.

If Days of Our Lives ever had a chance to catch up for all the years they have been shut out, this would be it. Haven't they only won three or four acting awards over the past 25 years. Something crazy like that.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Eileen Davidson did not submit for DAYS...what a crying shame!!

She had a multitude of great episodes to use!

And Peggy McCay...GTFO out of Lead Actress!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

That scene that Stafford submitted ... yikes. Talk about overacting / "chewing the scenary"

talbab1994
Member Avatar

If I had to pick right now the lead actors for the Emmy, I would pick Susan Flannery and Jason Thompson. Both, I thought were really good. I know that when I watched Jason on GH, there were times where I would tear up myself when he was mourning Robin. He was terrific. Susan was wonderful in those last episodes of B & B.

I would love to see Blake Berris for supporting. He's been really good on Days this go around. When people are complaining about what Nick is saying and doing then I think he's doing a good job at portraying this character.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 12 2013, 12:50 AM
Yes, Robin Mattson is recurring on GH. Kassie DePaiva was never under contract to GH and she submitted. Those are just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's at least one or two more.
Poor Robin Mattson.

She hasn't received an Emmy nomination since 1989 (for her Santa Barbara work). She practically "ran the store" on All My Children at least during her first two or three years but never received a nod for her work on that show. That is one woman, with over 36 years in the soap industry, that deserves an Emmy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply