Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Lucci & Canary join nuAMC
Topic Started: Feb 11 2013, 03:38 PM (502 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

Lucci's only one episode, but it's good she'll be on

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2013/02/lucci-and-canary-back-to-amc.html

Great news! Soaps In Depth has heard from multiple performers connected to the re-launch of ALL MY CHILDREN that Emmy-winners Susan Lucci (Erica) and David Canary (Adam/Stuart) will be part of the soap's new version set to debut online later this spring. As of now, Lucci, alas, will appear in just one episode while Canary will be seen on an ongoing basis.

Storylines are being kept under wraps, but In Depth also hears that AMC will have a heavy emphasis on a group of high school characters and that the series will be set five years from the moment JR readied to start shooting beloved Pine Valley citizens in the broadcast finale. Speaking of JR, In Depth also hears that the re-launched AMC will be start off with Adam and Dixie's son waking up from a coma...

Prospect Park could not be reached for comment.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NicoleLVR

Just one episode, now I'm sad. I was so exciting when I seen Lucci joining AMC, now I'm sad and feel like crying.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Realistically, Susan Lucci cannot duplicate herself, lol. As disappointing as it might be to her fans, she's staying pretty busy.

It's basically scheduling. I bet more than anything she'd have appeared more if she was available. And frankly, she might just want to make guest appearances for a while. Who knows? I'm sure she misses the role but I'm sure she's loving doing new things. I can't be upset at that.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

She's better off doing DM's full time and recur on AMC as needed

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Ehh, I guess I should be happy that she's on for an episode.

I'm really excited for these shows to return! :)

Tammy
Member Avatar

Happy about Canary, could care less about Lucci!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Glad David Canary is coming back. I predict Devious Maids will get canceled then Susan Lucci will come back fulltime as Erica Kane!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I was fine with or without Adam Chandler on ABC. We had Young as JR, who made the "passing of the torch" transition easy with Canary no longer on the show. Since Young won't be a part of the online AMC, it'll be nice having Canary back as Adam.

I just don't see Devious Maids doing well on Lifetime. Lucci will be back when it's all said and done.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I was never fine without David Canary. He's the best actor in the history of AMC, IMO. There is no one better. As Stuart and as Adam he is perfection. Two roles that could not be more different. It doesn't even feel like they're played by the same actor. This is by far the best news I have seen from PP's version of AMC. The cast is small and I'm not sure about this time jump thing yet, but I love what they have so far. AMC was clearly always going to need more changes than OLTL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply