Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47 Tribute to Joy Garrett on the 20th Anniversary of her passing; Actress played Jo Johnson (Jack/Adrienne/Steve's mom)
Topic Started: Feb 12 2013, 12:14 AM (848 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Joy Garrett was one of the first "Days" cast members to pass away after I started watching the show. I never had the chance to give her a proper farewell on my website, but wanted to do something special to honor her memory on the 20th anniversary of her death, February 11, 1993. Please visit http://www.jason47.com for a special tribute to Joy, including many scenes of her years as Jo Johnson (mother of Jack, Steve and Adrienne), and a video I just uploaded tonight to YouTube, showing her acceptance speech when she won the 1989 Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Supporting Actress. "Days" fans around the world will always remember Joy for the love and warmth she brought to the role of Jo Johnson. Rest in peace, Joy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Wow, 47 years and of liver failure!! so sad...

I never saw her when I started watching Days episodes from 1993- so I only know her from various youtube clips.

Thanks Jason!
Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 12 2013, 02:28 AM.

bomber
Member Avatar

What a lovely tribute. Thanks Jason.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

So nice, thanks so much for sharing! Joy has been a personal favorite of mine since her days at Y & R. I loved and appreciated her role as Jo at Days. I loved watching her interaction with her "children" and their spouses. Each played off of each other so well and there really seem to be a special bond with all of them. She is missed....

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Oh wow, I didn't even know she had passed away. I loved her as Jo! Great tribute to her, Jason!

AHM

Thanks, Jason. I'd never seen that clip of Garrett's acceptance speech. She was wonderful as Jo Johnson. And it's fun to see what a great sense of humor she had. And she beat Julianne Moore! Sweet!

supercool74
Member Avatar

Joy Garrett was so great. I miss her so much. I watched Days before the Johnson family made its way on the show, but I didn't truly love this show until Steve Johnson came into the picture. The Johnsons have always been my favorite family and I loved how Jo had to really fight to get this family back together. Steve and Jack are my all time favorite characters and I enjoyed whenever they had scenes with their mother or any family scenes together. This period of time really was when the show was at its best IMO. Thank you for posting those clips. She really was a terrific actress.

annie21

Beautiful! Thanks, Jason!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Beautiful tribute. I loved Joy Garrett as Jo Johnson. She was a wonderful actor. I miss her Jo Johnson so much. She was the best.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply