Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, February 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 12 2013, 09:14 AM (8,303 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

DiMeraFan67
Feb 12 2013, 01:46 PM
Eric/Nicole are PERFECT. I don't even know how to feel. I didn't think this show had this in them anymore.

As far as Rafe and Kate I expect the word "forced" to be thrown around a lot, but this has happened so naturally. So far by some miracle from God I feel like Kate is elevating Rafe to her level instead of letting Rafe drag her down. Of course when Rafe is sober I expect that to change, but for this one episode I'm enjoying them together. I'm totally shocked by it.
I think the setup for these scenes worked...the way Sami told Rafe that she was back with Ej and the remark she told Rafe about last night being, 'the best night of her life' cut Rafe to the core..and it showed from those scenes....then today they start off with Rafe having that flashback, then getting completely drunk....going to Eric to talk shit about his sister being back with Ej....and then he eyes Nicole....light bulb goes off....and I'm believing he would have done Nicole if Eric hadn't stalled Nicole from going for that drink. Then the Kate scenes with Stefano, getting drunk too, meeting up....it's all about how the scenes are written and the lead up to them....I completely believe that Rafe was out to sleep with one of Sami's enemies to 'get back at her' for what she told him.....or because he's truly hurt about his breakup with Sami...one or the other, they both go hand in hand and this WTF moment worked for me in that instance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 12 2013, 01:36 PM
Allie!
I'm sorry, who?

cord08

I love how that nurse is practically YELLING as she takes a message. LOL.

elci525
Member Avatar

Way to scream out that note, nurse Samantha Smith.

cord08

Wow. They're actually showing Rafe and Kate have sex. Color me kinda surprised.

elci525
Member Avatar

^ Me too. But I am really enjoying them together today.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 12 2013, 01:51 PM
DiMeraFan67
Feb 12 2013, 01:46 PM
Eric/Nicole are PERFECT. I don't even know how to feel. I didn't think this show had this in them anymore.

As far as Rafe and Kate I expect the word "forced" to be thrown around a lot, but this has happened so naturally. So far by some miracle from God I feel like Kate is elevating Rafe to her level instead of letting Rafe drag her down. Of course when Rafe is sober I expect that to change, but for this one episode I'm enjoying them together. I'm totally shocked by it.
I think the setup for these scenes worked...the way Sami told Rafe that she was back with Ej and the remark she told Rafe about last night being, 'the best night of her life' cut Rafe to the core..and it showed from those scenes....then today they start off with Rafe having that flashback, then getting completely drunk....going to Eric to talk shit about his sister being back with Ej....and then he eyes Nicole....light bulb goes off....and I'm believing he would have done Nicole if Eric hadn't stalled Nicole from going for that drink. Then the Kate scenes with Stefano, getting drunk too, meeting up....it's all about how the scenes are written and the lead up to them....I completely believe that Rafe was out to sleep with one of Sami's enemies to 'get back at her' for what she told him.....or because he's truly hurt about his breakup with Sami...one or the other, they both go hand in hand and this WTF moment worked for me in that instance.
This is almost exactly how I feel. He was going to attempt to sleep with Nicole, but she was held up with Eric (thank god) so the Kate thing happened. There was nothing forced about it and I love it. This show is shocking me.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by the DIVINE Melissa Salmons.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I completely agree with the general feeling that many/most seem to be feeling about Ericole and Nicole in particular (especially everything Matt is saying in this thread). They are bringing the Nicole I love back from what felt like the dead. In the wake of the baby fiasco I never saw this coming, but I am incredibly happy right now. Dannifer and EJami continue to do absolutely nothing for me, and yet I don't care...because the overall feeling of the show has improved that much. I find that when the overall show is enjoyable, it's a lot easier to forgive the sucky stuff. It's when the whole show is a disaster that each individual disaster becomes even more glaring.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

And sorry dissenters, but Kate and Rafe had something nicely surprising going on. I wouldn't call it hot the way some other couples are hot, but it...worked.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

JessicaLeigh
Feb 12 2013, 02:01 PM
I completely agree with the general feeling that many/most seem to be feeling about Ericole and Nicole in particular (especially everything Matt is saying in this thread). They are bringing the Nicole I love back from what felt like the dead. In the wake of the baby fiasco I never saw this coming, but I am incredibly happy right now. Dannifer and EJami continue to do absolutely nothing for me, and yet I don't care...because the overall feeling of the show has improved that much. I find that when the overall show is enjoyable, it's a lot easier to forgive the sucky stuff. It's when the whole show is a disaster that each individual disaster becomes even more glaring.
I'm sort of feeling the same way. I"m not loving some portions of the show but what I am loving is overwhelmingly better than anything else that I'm not liking and since I usually just gloss over any Dannifer/Ejami moments then the show is not doing awful for me......I just wish they'd give something for my faves to do and I'd be enjoying it even more. Right now I can say that Wabi's baby story and Ericole are holding me to the show.....all the other stories don't interest me at all.....the once promising Bristen story is flat.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

WoW!!! Drunk Rafe is looking mighty tasty today, LoL.

elci525
Member Avatar

I agree Ejami and Dannifer/Chloe continue to do NOTHING for me as well - at least Dannifer/Chloe have Anne. So glad i can FF through them.

And this episode is reminding me how much I loved that Strega Nona book by Tomie dePaola when I was kid =)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Um... I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I actually thought drunken Rafe was kinda hot today (for the first time!)

PatNS
Member Avatar

I'm neutral about the Dan / Jen pairing but what I like that Chloe and Anne have added to this storyline is that it shows us that Jennifer is clearly the smart one in this relationship. I like that she knows immediately what Chloe is all about whereas Dan thinks he knows but he still lets Chloe lead him around by the nose. Dan is so obtuse, Chloe will have saying I do before he realises he's been played the entire time.

Liked the Eric / Nicole scenes. I want Nicole to see what Eric sees her in her too!

Kate and Rafe had really good scenes together. And I'll say it ... their kiss against the gate columns in the square was a heck of lot hotter than anything EJ and Sami can generate. Didn't do them any favours having them kiss in that exact same spot after Rafe and Kate. Mind you, I never see any chemistry between EJ and Sami and never will.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Confession: when EJ hoisted Sami up against that archway I was afraid he was either going to throw his back out or fall over backwards.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 12 2013, 02:31 PM
Confession: when EJ hoisted Sami up against that archway I was afraid he was either going to throw his back out or fall over backwards.
It looked so uncomfortable. Rafe and Kate did it better. who would have thought?

elci525
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 12 2013, 02:42 PM
Matt
Feb 12 2013, 02:31 PM
It looked so uncomfortable. Rafe and Kate did it better. who would have thought?
Oh man - they did it SOOO much better. The comparison did Ejami no favors, imo. And, I mean, Rafe and Kate? Who woulda thunk it?

I quite enjoy drunk Rafe as well - so I found him attractive for one of the first times today too. And Kate seemed much more, em, spritely than usual. There was a moment when she was sitting down with Rafe at the Horton Square bar place, where I thought he looked surprisingly young and fresh.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 12 2013, 02:00 PM
Today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by the DIVINE Melissa Salmons.
I was just thinking, we haven't seen a script written by Lorraine Broderick in a while. Did I miss anything where she became a head-writer? I thought she was a script writer?

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

PatNS
Feb 12 2013, 02:26 PM
Liked the Eric / Nicole scenes. I want Nicole to see what Eric sees her in her too!

Kate and Rafe had really good scenes together. And I'll say it ... their kiss against the gate columns in the square was a heck of lot hotter than anything EJ and Sami can generate. Didn't do them any favours having them kiss in that exact same spot after Rafe and Kate. Mind you, I never see any chemistry between EJ and Sami and never will.
These were the most gratifying aspects of this episode. :popcorn:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply