Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, February 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 12 2013, 09:14 AM (8,483 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 12 2013, 02:52 PM
Matt
Feb 12 2013, 02:00 PM
Today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by the DIVINE Melissa Salmons.
I was just thinking, we haven't seen a script written by Lorraine Broderick in a while. Did I miss anything where she became a head-writer? I thought she was a script writer?
I think Lorraine Broderick is a breakdown writer. Her name has never been down as the writer, I don't think. But her influence can be felt on the show. I hate to be the person that trashes Tomlin when he's bad and gives credit to someone else when the show is good, but there has been a very noticeable shift and I'm giving some credit to Lorraine Broderick. Especially this jarring change in Nicole. The show flows together so much better. That involves breakdowns too so its hard to say her influence on the show. They are definitely keeping it under wraps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

If Kate and Rafe have to sleep together, can Nicole be the person who tells Sami and Lucas? It would be more fun that way.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

blueskies
Matt
Today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by the DIVINE Melissa Salmons.
I was just thinking, we haven't seen a script written by Lorraine Broderick in a while. Did I miss anything where she became a head-writer? I thought she was a script writer?
I don't think Broderick has ever been a script writer during this run with the show. I'm pretty sure she's a breakdown writer. Perhaps an associate head writer?

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Feb 12 2013, 02:55 PM
If Kate and Rafe have to sleep together, can Nicole be the person who tells Sami and Lucas? It would be more fun that way.
That would be utterly delicious. I'm smiling just imagining her devilish glee and the cutting wordplay. :lol:

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Wow, Rafe and Kate didn't disappoint and I am so glad. Ericole, what can I say? Hopefully writers don't screw this up like everything else.

Bee
Member Avatar

Today is going down as one of my all time favorite episodes of Days and I've been watching since before Jen and Peter...who i thought were fabulous BTW.

Drunk Rafe although poorly executed by Gering (big surprise) is awesome and the Kate hookup is so gross that it's must see.

Eric and Nicole and Sami and EJ are hot, hot, hottie, hot, hot.

Dannifer still sucks ass but I've come to accept that until Jen falls down an elevator shaft or Dan cooks in his tanning bed, we're stuck with them for a while. Maybe Chloe can help us out with either of those scenarios.

:hail: I am now a loyal worshipper of Melissa Salmons...soap writing goddess!

ILoveAGoodDanish
Member Avatar

Nicole and Eric = New super couple! :applause: :thankyou: :whee: :serenade:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Matt
Feb 12 2013, 02:31 PM
Confession: when EJ hoisted Sami up against that archway I was afraid he was either going to throw his back out or fall over backwards.
I'm glad you said it and not me.....because any of these men, whether they are over 6 feet tall or under 6 feet tall look awkward when hoisting any woman....

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Oh my, when did Days of our Lives become a great, old-fashioned soap???? Should I thank Lorraine Broderick??? Seriously, how did this happen???

Ejami and their "near miss" proposals were so darn cute. Even though the idea of EJ DiMera being so excited about nail polish shades is completely preposterous, Everett and Sami made me laugh out loud at each little moment of confusion - such old school soap. Oh and the kisses were H.O.T!!!

Ericole is on fire (although fantasy scenes where she's standing and he's sitting are probably not the best idea, LOL). Their chemistry and subtext is just perfect, and I love the idea of Eric using the church rules as an excuse to not let her hook up with other guys - such old school soap. Although the way he's talking you'd think Nicole was about to sell hereslf into prostitution rather than go out for some drinks, LOL.

Rafe is PERFECT as a douchey, macho drunk. How has GG not been playing this role all along??? He and Kate were much hotter than I thought they'd be. And LOL at Kate's "blackmail" response to why State got together. Overall, the drunken hook-up was great - such old school soap.

Oh and Dannifer was on too. And even though I don't care about them or their story in the least, I at least have to point out the old school soapiness of the evil interloper causing the good girl to make a legitimate mistake that hurts her relationship.

Okay seriously, how did my soap get awesome?!?!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Supergirlx2
Feb 12 2013, 01:28 PM
cord08
Feb 12 2013, 01:26 PM
Oh, so now Rafe doesn't have a problem with Will being the father. It's all about his hatred for Sami. Ok, then.
sounds like the writers flipped the "what's Rafe's reasoning?" coin again.
I'm not sure it's that....To me Rafe's biggest problem wasn't that Will was the father of the baby, or that he was gay, or that he apparently used his sister or anything else I thought the writers could potentially tap into for some discord with Rafe and Will. His issue was that he apparently thought that Will didn't want to be part of this child's life and that he had somehow forced his sister into getting an abortion against her wishes. By the time he found out the truth and heard it from both Gabi and Will, he had calmed down and since Will told him he was present at the ultrasound and that he intended to be part of the child's life then all the animosity appeared to have vanished virtually overnight with him and Will. HOWEVER, for whatever reason the show seems to want to paint him and Sami at odds about Gabi....mainly being driven by Sami's totally irrational behavior when it comes to Gabi. Her continued attacks on her aren't going to do anyone any favors, and I'd be super surprised if Rafe didn't stand by his pregnant sister in this regard, especially when he mentioned not too long ago that she's the only thing he has left in Salem and that he's already lost one sister, he doesn't want to lose her too.....

I know the reason Sami is using not to be with Rafe and be with Ej...but when you think about it...the only one thinking rationally now isn't Sami....what guy in their right mind would let Sami continue to talk to their pregnant sister in that regard, time and time again. I realize at first it might have been more justified, but now that Sami knows the truth there is really no excuse for her to continue to lash out at Gabi....

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 12 2013, 01:17 PM
BWAHAHAHA. Rafe barged in, ranting about Sami & EJ, and nearly said "shit" in front of Father Eric but caught himself. And once Rafe's eyes moved from Eric to Nicole, you could literally SEE the lightbulb go on over his head. I don't give a fuck what anyone else says, but as soon as Rafe/Sami split and he started being written as deliberately cavemanish, douchey, and neanderthal, I've been enjoying the FUCK out of him.
The only wee disagreement we shall have is that I think Rafe has always been written as cavemanish, douchey and neanderthal, but I think the writers are now admitting to it.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Confession: when EJ hoisted Sami up against that archway I was afraid he was either going to throw his back out or fall over backwards.
Boo Matt!!! It was HOT!!!

But I will admit those gray tights are not doing AS any favors. She's totally fit and they do not make her look that way.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

tomsawyer
Feb 12 2013, 03:46 PM
Matt
Boo Matt!!! It was HOT!!!

But I will admit those gray tights are not doing AS any favors. She's totally fit and they do not make her look that way.
Personally, more often than not, I think that move just looks horribly awkward onscreen for anyone without multiple takes to get just the right movement, angle, and expression.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Today was made of WIN!!!! :rockon:

Ejami brought the humor and adorbs in spades. So cute! I think EJ knows she saw the ring. Sami would not stop hinting at marriage. The things he said seemed like a deliberate attempt to have her thinking proposal. I couldn't stop :laugh: at Sami's disappointments when EJ took out other things from his coat. Then the make out in HTS was hot!!!! :omg: Those two are so in love and Sami is more than ready to change her last name to Dimera. :chee:

Ericole brought the old school angst! OMG, my emotions!!!! I don't even want to say how many times I clutched my chest from an overload of emotions. Those two are it!!! :wub: Keep it coming!!

Rate/Kafe were cute, funny and hot! Color me shocked! :omg: First of all Drunk!Rafe beats any other kind of Rafe EVER. I want him around more often. The flirtations between Kate and Rafe were sexy and cute. She looked gorgeous but sloshed! :lol: When they started making out? :omg: When they had sex? :sheep: My jaw was on the floor!!!

Oh yeah, Dannifer was on too. Whatevs.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 13 2013, 01:17 AM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Dammit, the last thing I saw was Rafe and Kate kiss at the gate...then breaking news cut in from our local station. I'll have to catch up on-line. I may have to take back what I said about Kate and Rafe. I thought it would be horribly awkward, but from what I saw of the kiss it looked pretty damn hot! I'm so surprised! Can't wait to see the rest. And today is the first day that I actually felt anything for Eric. He's been kind of boring and one-note. But those two definitely have chemistry...the dream/fantasy scenes have been hot! I've actually enjoyed the last two days...haven't been bored to tears...and no Will and Sonny in sight. I can't believe it. Even Daniel and Jennifer were tolerable, if only because I enjoy Jennifer getting chewed out. I still hate her. :D

appleblossom

LonePirate
Despite his snarky attitude towards her, I think Nicole has respect for Lucas and would not deliberately hurt him with this news, unless her provoked her. I can see her teasing him about being a young grandpa. On the other hand, I bet she would love to rub that in Sami's face.

blueskies
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
blueskies
Matt
I think Lorraine Broderick is a breakdown writer. Her name has never been down as the writer, I don't think. But her influence can be felt on the show. I hate to be the person that trashes Tomlin when he's bad and gives credit to someone else when the show is good, but there has been a very noticeable shift and I'm giving some credit to Lorraine Broderick. Especially this jarring change in Nicole. The show flows together so much better. That involves breakdowns too so its hard to say her influence on the show. They are definitely keeping it under wraps.
I'm gonna a admit my lack of knowledge here, but what does the breakdown writer do exactly?

Winterfaire

Reading these comments... I can't wait to see my Days today!
I was always okay with the rumor that it would be Kate with Rafe in "the secret affair." And hearing such excited reactions is making me overwhelmingly ... hopeful that this pairing will be enjoyable for a while. Kate needs a positive storyline. And I'd like to like Rafe again.
Although I feel they've suddenly advanced Ericole rather like throwing them in a boiling kettle, I'm also excited to hear all your comments about these two- FINALLY! But I keep thinking about Corday's last comment in the February Sweeps spoilers where he says this pairing is "far from where we think it's going." That's still good... a nice slow buildup is what this story needs.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

Today's episode was GREAT! Even the Dannifer stuff, which was the weakest of all the storylines on today.

My first thought is that it has to be after midnight cause Nicole made a comment about no tacos after 10... so WHY IS ALLIE OUT AT MIDNIGHT?? She is 6 years old... come on writers

Ericole--- sex on a stick. They honestly did not have to say a word, they were so sexy with their eyes. However, no more fantasies for Nicole of the priest, she has one in every episode. and no more heels for her cause she towers over him and it looks strange but they are adorbs.

speaking of adorbale... EJAMI!! Sami so wants that ring and Ej pulled out about a million other things from his pocket. He needs a man bag to carry all of his crap. The makeout in HTS was HOT along with Ej telling her he needs her along with all the places he wants to kiss her. SMOKING!!

Rafe and Kate-- I really didnt think I would like this but WOW!! They were pretty sexy. I loved the banter between them and both need to get layed, it has been a while. As long as Rafe isn't wearing a gold robe tomorrow and pounding on her door saying "I'm your lover, let me in" I will be cool.

Great episode!! LOVED IT

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 12 2013, 05:15 PM
DiMeraFan67
blueskies
Matt
I'm gonna a admit my lack of knowledge here, but what does the breakdown writer do exactly?
Matt will probably give you a better answer, but here's my quick one. They are the link between the HWs who create the overall stories and the script writers who write the daily episodes. They decide what will comprise each episode, including what will happen in each scene and which characters will be included, in order to tell the HWs' overall stories. Then the script writers take the episode breakdown and write the actual scenes and dialogue.

That's why a lot of people credit LB with the overall structure of episodes and things like unique character interactions.
Edited by tomsawyer, Feb 12 2013, 05:22 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply