Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, February 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 12 2013, 09:14 AM (8,201 Views)
chinkybig

trojangal
Feb 12 2013, 09:45 PM
Harmony233
Feb 12 2013, 11:12 AM
I really hate the way this show pretends this guy doesn't exist lol
I keep waiting for a Peter mention every time
Kristen & Jennifer have scenes.
I keep wondering how Kristen and Jennifer can actually stand each other and be in the same room together. I mean, there was Peter, right? You know, Kristen's brother, who used to be married to Jennifer and created havoc between Jack and Jennifer an faked his own death. Where is he now, by the way???

...or maybe Missy Reeves is "forbidden" to even speak of that name (character and actor name-wise) because of their "alleged history" in reel and real life?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

chinkybig
Feb 13 2013, 12:43 AM
trojangal
Feb 12 2013, 09:45 PM
Harmony233
Feb 12 2013, 11:12 AM
I really hate the way this show pretends this guy doesn't exist lol
I keep waiting for a Peter mention every time
Kristen & Jennifer have scenes.
I keep wondering how Kristen and Jennifer can actually stand each other and be in the same room together. I mean, there was Peter, right? You know, Kristen's brother, who used to be married to Jennifer and created havoc between Jack and Jennifer an faked his own death. Where is he now, by the way???

...or maybe Missy Reeves is "forbidden" to even speak of that name (character and actor name-wise) because of their "alleged history" in reel and real life?
It's not the first time two actors have had a real life affair. So I don't understand why allowances are made for Missy Reeves. Peter is part of Jennifer's history, and it should be mentioned. It's not like Jason Brooks is coming back.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh the utter irony that Rufus actually has a sister named Rafaella Gabriela Sarsaparilla.

chinkybig

Sigh. I kind of wanted Jason Brooks / "Peter" to come back if only to ruffle holier-than-thou Missy Reeves/ Jennifer's angel feathers. Real and reel life at its finest. :D
Edited by chinkybig, Feb 13 2013, 01:12 AM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Ericole finally, there is little heat and it's something that may be interesting with them
depending on how the story is told, although I think that Eric is still a bit dull.
Kate and Rafe no comment, I can agree on that GG should play drunk dude more than so-called hero bullshit crap.
Dannifer / Chloe, I still think it's a shame that such a sexy character like Chloe is wasted on boring stuff.
The favorites are EJ and Sami they're fun, cute, and hot, but it's not only that, all comes down to Ali and James' ability to play off each other so well, their acting feels natural and that is precisely what makes this duo topnotch in their scenes. IMO

niki

So I tuned in to see what everyone is raving about and I agree there is much to be positive about. I enjoyed most scenes and found that everything went by fast with most conversations interesting. To add to the chorus - can't stand Jen and have no idea why Daniel is even with her (and I hate daniel normally)...felt there was more heat in the looks with he and Chloe than there was angst in his conversation with Jen. Also - why do you want to be with someone who thinks you're a moron or that they know better than you about a situation that involves your own feelings...I'd have told her to take a flying leap.

I also agree that Rafe was far far far more interesting drunk and sarcastic. And a wee bit sexy, which is a surprise as I don't think I've ever found him remotely attractive. However, I'd have to disagree strongly regarding the comments about Kate being good in these scenes. While I didn't hate their scenes as much as I thought or would, or find them icky, I just cannot stand LK's acting. She seemed little different drunk; I don't find her over the top coquettish behaviour sexy in a woman that age (and to be clear, I'd feel the same of any woman over the age of 40 acting that way complete with pouty lips and the exaggerated 'sexy' stares), just smacks of desperation. Maybe it's that I have never been able to stand the way she holds her head at that angle (always slightly tilted upwards) or the way she speaks, I don't know but I didn't find her 'drunk' any more appealing than normal.

Loved Ericole and while the subtext was clear as glass, I found the drama over her wanting to go for a drink, the cause of their conversation, wholly unbelievable and ridiculous. Surely the writers could have come up with a better reason for such a conversation? Like she was going to mainline drugs or rob a liquor store. Just way way to dramatic when all she was going to do was go out...she didn't join the convent there after all.

Still don't like Ejami so found their 'cuteness' grating.

But my minor complaints about a few characters I typically hate anyway (Jen, Kate and Sami) don't detract at all from an otherwise enjoyable episode. It's amazing how much more appealing the show can become when they get the simple things, like pacing and continuity of scenes, right.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Albert Alarr
Scriptwriter: Melissa Salmons

I am so sorry ... I had it almost all typed up and I hit the wrong key and lost my entire report.

I will try and do a quick recap from memomry.

When Eric asks Nicole what she wants she fantasizes about kissing him passionately. She keeps telling him she can't tell him what the problem is and Eric keeps asking her to talk to him.

Rafe sits at the outdoor cafe in the square drinking - he recalls his argument with Sami in the park. He goes to see Eric. He is cleary inebriated. He lets it be known that Sami has let that loser back in her bed and it's okay with him. He realises though that he interrupted something between Eric and Nicole. Eric suggest he go home and get some sleep. Rafe will do that but he has something else to do first. Nicole asks him where he's going. The outdoor bar is still open. Nicole tells him to buy her a drink and she'll be there shortly. He leaves. Eric makes it clear that if she leaves she can't come back. Nicole rummages around in the desk drawer until she finds her stash of money. She gets ready to leave but stops in the door and looks at Eric. Eric is sorry if he made it sound like he was trying to get her to live the kind of life he lives. He feels he drove her to leaving. If you were leaving here a clear thought of where you were going and what you wanted to do, I wouldn't stand in front of you. I know you, I know who you are and you're running. You said something earlier tonight; that if you stay here you'll somehow hurt me. Is that really what you think? Nicole - Yes. Eric - You can't. You won't. You're a good person. Besides, I think I would see it coming. You don't want to give yourself the credit you deserve, let me do it. I have faith in you. Trust me. Nicole says she's blown the whole night standing here. Can we talk tomorrow? Eric says sure. Nicole - You know what I wish. Just once I wish I saw the person you see.

Kate is at the pub drinking when Stefano calls her at her attorney's request. She reminds him it's tax season and they need to file a joint return. After some talk Stefano insults her in Italian. Kate hangs up on him.

Jen admits she lied to Chloe about where they are going. Before Dan says anything Kayla comes to take Chloe and Dan back to Parker's room. Both parents say they want to stay with Parker when Kayla informs them she wants to keep him overnight. Dan returns to Jen and he and she go somewhere private to talk. Jen makes it clear she's sorry about the result but she's not sorry she lied to Chloe because after her chat with Anne she knows that Chloe was going to try and ruin their night again. Dan's attitude is so what. He wouldn't have let her. This means Jen thinks he's stupid. Jen argues that she thinks he's too trusting. He's a good man but she sees how that can be taken advantage of ... she seen it with Nicole. Dan thinks Jen could not be more wrong about this. Jen doesn't think so, not in the big picture. Dan needs to get to Parker. Jen stares at him and then turns around and leaves.

Sami and EJ were on. Sami is trying to get him to propose. EJ keeps playing her - first pulling out his cell phone from his jacket and discussing a report they just received. Then he pulls out a multi-coloured nail polish that they're set to release. The babysitter brings Allie home. EJ asks her to stay as he and Sami have work to do and need to go out. They end up in the square. EJ comments that everytime he brought up business she was distracted. He didn't want to talk business, he wanted to have sex. Maybe they could go somewhere a little more private.

Rafe is sitting on a bench in the square drinking when Kate comes along. He says hello. Are you going to ignore me? Kate has some words she wants to share with him. Rafe tells her if she's going to get on his case about Gabi she needs to get in line behind Sami. Kate says that's too dangerous and tells him why. Kate asks him if he's okay with Will being a father to this child. He replies - Will is the father and he has no problem with that. Kate doesn't see why they can't agree to be reasonably reasonalble about all this. She then declares that she needs a thesaurus. No, I need a drink. Rafe will buy her one. She tells him not to beat himself up over Sami - just look straight ahead and move forward. He heard about how things weren't easy for her. She's strong, independent and gets things done. Kate laugh - That makes me sound like a battleaxe. Rafe laughs and tells her she's beautiful. She repeats Stefano's Italian insult and adds 'my ass'. She explains to Rafe that it's an Italian phrase meaning 'grandmother witch' or 'old bat.' There's even children's story books about this witch who lives in a small village, meddles in everyone's life and cures warts. Rafe asks her why she ever married that man. She answers 'Blackmail.' Rafe can't believe that. Kate doesn't know Detective Hernandez, or Rafe, well enough to tell him the details. Rafe thinks she's well rid of Stefano when she says he turned out to be the love of her life. He's crazy ... must be from all those pyramids and secret tunnels and being hooked up to machines. Kate laughs. She thinks she better head home. Rafe doesn't think she can drive or walk. Kate would like to see him try and walk in high heels right now. Rafe tells her she'd have to pay him for that. He offers to walk her home. She accepts. Kate trips when they get to the Kate. Rafe - Easy tiger. Watch it. It's a good thing I'm not in heels or we'd both be on the ground. Kate - That was embarrassing. Rafe - Nobody's watching. Kate - This was fun. I feel better. Rafe - Yeah, me too. Kate - You're kind Detective. Rafe - Kind? You mean about that strega nonsense. Forget it. Kate - It becomes a little harder to do at a certain point in life. Rafe - I meant what I said. Kate - About what? About me being beautiful? Rafe - Yeah. They kiss.

Dan and Chloe are with Parker. Jen arrives at home. Daniel is so right. Even if Chloe is Chloe we're just going to have to deal with it. I'm not going to sink to her level especially when I saw what could happen tonight. I'm not going to do it. He's so right. I can't text him because his phone is broken. She phones the hospital and leaves a message with a nurse to write down and give to Dr Jonas. This is Jennifer and I'm so, so sorry. Chloe hears the nurse repeating the message. After the nurse ends the call Chloe lies to her about some guy needing help. She takes the note and rips it up.

Nicole is back in bed dreaming that Eric comes to her saying 'I knew you couldn't go.' She wakes up.

Sami and EJ kiss in the same spot Rafe and Kate had kissed. EJ gets a business call. Sami will see him tomorrow.

Rafe and Kate are in bed together kissing.

deletemyaccountplease

niki
Feb 13 2013, 07:22 AM

Loved Ericole and while the subtext was clear as glass, I found the drama over her wanting to go for a drink, the cause of their conversation, wholly unbelievable and ridiculous. Surely the writers could have come up with a better reason for such a conversation? Like she was going to mainline drugs or rob a liquor store. Just way way to dramatic when all she was going to do was go out...she didn't join the convent there after all.

Like x1000

I didnt believe the premise at all. A drink? If i had just flipped vhannels id think she was going out to do crack and be a prostitute

cantstopme
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Feb 13 2013, 08:15 AM
niki

Like x1000

I didnt believe the premise at all. A drink? If i had just flipped vhannels id think she was going out to do crack and be a prostitute
Samesies!

I finally enjoyed Ericole today.... but it wasn’t the conversation that I enjoyed (I actually thought it was quite absurd)... the reason I liked them was the chemistry that I finally started seeing between the actors and the day dream where Eric ripped off his collar and lifted Nicole on the desk... um, HOTTTT!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
niki

Like x1000

This show has a habit of making mountains out of molehills (Eric/Nicole and Rafe/Sami) and vice versa (Ej/Sami).

esp13
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
niki

Like x1000

I didn't feel that way because I thought it was clear that Nicole wasn't just going out to have a drink, she was looking for a hook-up. I felt like that was what Eric was objecting to, not just a drink.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 13 2013, 08:52 AM
pennieloafer
niki

Like x1000

I didn't feel that way because I thought it was clear that Nicole wasn't just going out to have a drink, she was looking for a hook-up. I felt like that was what Eric was objecting to, not just a drink.
I agree. That was reinforced for me when Eric told her "you've been there before, I promise you" when she mentioned going to the new club.

esp13
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 13 2013, 10:09 AM
esp13
Feb 13 2013, 08:52 AM
pennieloafer
niki

Like x1000

I agree. That was reinforced for me when Eric told her "you've been there before, I promise you" when she mentioned going to the new club.

Yeah, that was a great line. What I loved about the whole conversation is that Eric could tell that Nicole going out as not just about her going out for a drink, but about her taking a step backwards in her life. It wasn't that Nicole wanted to have fun, it was that Nicole wanted to escape from her life. That was what Eric was objecting to (as well as, I believe, a little latent jealousy). I thought it was really well played all the way around.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

pennieloafer
niki

Like x1000

I agree, I wish she would have planned a date with a guy, maybe even a date with Rafe and that would have had Eric seeing red, so he purposely tries to talk her out of the date and she ends up not going and standing Rafe up...but Kate was there instead.

My recap:

I must say though I :wub2: :wub2: Ericole. Always have but I was starting to wonder if they'd ever go there with this nuEric....but GV is SMOKING HOT!!! OMG.....he's awesome.....not as wooden as I originally thought he'd be...and Ari shines....I'm sold...more please Days more....

I found GG very good as drunk ass Rafe...as I said up thread, the setup was great for what came after with Kate. I believe Rafe loved Sami and what she told him regarding sleeping with Ej, coupled by her behavior toward his pregnant sister has truly cut him to the core. OH and he was so eying Nicole, until Eric stepped in....GOOD JOB Father Eric...Good Job! I'm surprised to say that Kate and Rafe had some hotness happening....Lauren is truly amazing...I thought this would surely be awfully disgusting to look at but it wasn't. Oh and at one point I thought that Sami and Ej would run into Kate and Rafe making out by the square gate....that had to be intentionally right?

I can't stand Ej and Sami doing anything, and frankly Ej acting this lovey dovey is not my idea of entertainment....he's boring, they are too....and when I perceive Rafe/Kate at the gate hotter than Ej and Sami at the gate then that is a problem...I'm sure I'm not the only one that felt that way. lol

Dannifer is boring, Chloe in the story helps a little but I still don't give a shit about it....

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 13 2013, 12:59 AM
It's not the first time two actors have had a real life affair. So I don't understand why allowances are made for Missy Reeves. Peter is part of Jennifer's history, and it should be mentioned. It's not like Jason Brooks is coming back.
Seriously... that set has seen how many real-life affairs... and Missy Reeves gets special treatment?

jaygal
Member Avatar

I'm not gonna lie folks I had to watch the episode again because first time I couldn't even look at Rafe and Kate. I'm serious, my hands were over my eyes and everything. :baghead: :peek:
Second time I was way more composed and could handle it, just. You what? I like them. :fan: :cheer:
I might even get a Rate banner.

anya
Member Avatar

Bee
Feb 12 2013, 03:14 PM
Today is going down as one of my all time favorite episodes of Days and I've been watching since before Jen and Peter...who i thought were fabulous BTW.

Drunk Rafe although poorly executed by Gering (big surprise) is awesome and the Kate hookup is so gross that it's must see.

Eric and Nicole and Sami and EJ are hot, hot, hottie, hot, hot.

Dannifer still sucks ass but I've come to accept that until Jen falls down an elevator shaft or Dan cooks in his tanning bed, we're stuck with them for a while. Maybe Chloe can help us out with either of those scenarios.

:hail: I am now a loyal worshipper of Melissa Salmons...soap writing goddess!
You had to say this to tease me? I came home to a dvr full of burning cabin! :toetap:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Ok, where to begin...

Eric & Nicole- I agree that his reasons for arguing with her are stupid as Hell...But I loved the longing glances and all that sappiness. Ari Z can spin gold out of anything she is given. It was nice to see some personality in GV.

LOL @ GG saying "shit." LOL@ GG pretty much this whole episode...And he was totally gonna try to tap that when he saw Nicole in that dress. I love Kate so it kinda irks me that she was the back up girl...But it's Rafe and really I wouldn't wish his boring ass on Kate OR Nikki.

That said...I think LK REALLY elevated GG's performance, though how hard can it be to play a buffoon? He's been doing that unintentionally for a long time. It's weird being on Rafe's side for anything. But I really enjoyed KRATE and their mutual hatred society.

AS continues to look and act horribly. I will never understand the appeal. I never have, I never will. She sucks. But I still fully support the EJAMI suck-fest because FFWDing them has been heavenly. I got the gist of what was going on in their scenes...A ring, AS over-acting (as always) with phoney looking surprise...JS scampering around talking about lipstick and shit no one cares about...(seriously? Why mention the work shit at all if there's not a real espionage/corporate war story brewing...no one cares)

Kate and Stefano's conversation was terrific. I love Steffy listening to his opera. I want him to fuck with John and SING operas about going after him like in the old days hahaha

Ann..."I'ma take the stairs..." was one of the best lines in the whole episode lol

Dannifer and Chloe can all jump off the pier. They all suck. Hard.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I thought inebriated Rafe going to see Eric and then checking out Nicole was perfect. They all played off each other so well. But, I'm not on the Kate and Rafe hook-up bandwagon. I found it ridiculous for both characters even with the booze excuse. They are both good looking people and I agree that their kiss was heads above the awkward looking ejami grope, but that certainly wasn't worth watching over my distaste for the pairing. My gut reaction through the whole thing was how forced on them it felt.

I really, really, really wanted Nicole to leave and go out and have some fun. Eric is adorable, but he doesn't bring life to her the way I want. I just find it dull to have Nicole pining after another guy and trying to be someone he wants her to be. Maybe if she was allowed to be wild and Eric was shown to fight everything he felt about himself I would get into the story more. I also have the overwhelming urge to call him 'Shorty' when he's in scenes with Nicole.

I think Ej is minutes away from getting his period. I'm just waiting for Sami to give him a celebratory make-over with company products to mark the occasion.

I'm so tired of Dannifer and poor Chloe being brought back to give them more story. I just don't care about any of it. I wish they had put her in Brady's circle instead.

Lil
Member Avatar

^ I agree...I wish Eric was the one struggling with who to be more than Nicole. Nicole needs to let ou ther wildness a bit. It's who she is..

LMAO @ EJ getting his period...Oh...So much...YES!!! hahahahahahahaha

I don't even really disagree w/ you on the Rafe/Kate thing...I guess my reaction being positive was that it actually worked. I was expecting horror of horrors and it wasn't. Now, in no way do I want KRATE to continue, not at all, but I wasn't hurling things at the tv either lol Honestly...it's about time Rafe got some with someone other than the Beast. Everyone else has. Well, except Abby, I guess lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply