Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Today.com interview with Nadia Bjorlin
Topic Started: Feb 12 2013, 03:52 PM (1,710 Views)
Ellie

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2013/02/12/16939488-days-of-our-lives-star-dishes-on-chloes-return-redemption-and-new-love-triangle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I wish they would just put Brady and Chloe back together and be done with it (until Philip comes back ;) ). I know that they can flesh those two out across the canvas if they don't go there, but Broe just makes more sense to me than Daniel/Chloe and Brady/Kristin. The angst is there in both of the stories they have now, but I don't know why they don't try to explore those two again. There's so much back story there and we still don't know what happened in Switzerland or wherever they were. They both came back completely different people and we still don't know why. It's just a waste. :shame:
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Feb 12 2013, 04:04 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Nadia, it's not just the stuff you're reading, lol. Chloe has LOTS of support in this storyline.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Is it just me or do all of Nadia's interviews sound like she is going to be around for quite a while? I thought she was leaving soon but these interviews make it sound like there are still a lot of possible storylines for Chloe.

AFaithL

Yes Nadia, you are right. People are rooting for Chloe to break up Dannifer. I want a Daniel/Chloe reunion. Has anyone SEEN their love scenes? Jennifer sucks the sex appeal out of Daniel. Sorry. Nadia and Shawn Christian have such strong sex appeal together. They just connect better than Missy/Shawn.

And "no" to a permanent Broe reunion. Unless it's a temporary thing to catch Kristen's attention and make Kristen fight for Brady.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I particularly enjoyed the "[revised] story" part. Even Today.com knows retconning when it sees it.

And guess what Days? I just got Nielsen "TV Viewing Diaries" in the mail today. I'm going to be putting "NOT Days of Our Lives" in the 1:00 slot. Or maybe "ANYTHING BUT Days." I know you think we viewers and our opinions don't count, just your precious numbers, but now I'm a Nielsen family, bitches!

leah09
Member Avatar

Sariah
Feb 12 2013, 05:27 PM
I particularly enjoyed the "[revised] story" part. Even Today.com knows retconning when it sees it.

And guess what Days? I just got Nielsen "TV Viewing Diaries" in the mail today. I'm going to be putting "NOT Days of Our Lives" in the 1:00 slot. Or maybe "ANYTHING BUT Days." I know you think we viewers and our opinions don't count, just your precious numbers, but now I'm a Nielsen family, bitches!

Congrats!
Did you get those oh-so-crisp dollar bills in the envelope too? ;)

I agree with Nadia...it IS sad that Chloe is in this situation but I understand her motivation. Nothing is more important to her than Parker and if she can give him a stable, happy family, she'll do whatever she can to obtain her goal. It's too bad Daniel doesn't feel the same way...or maybe he does, but it's more about himself and his stable, Horton life than it is about Parker. :shrug:

Sariah
Member Avatar

leah09
Feb 12 2013, 06:52 PM
Sariah

Congrats!

I agree with Nadia...it IS sad that Chloe is in this situation but I understand her motivation. Nothing is more important to her than Parker and if she can give him a stable, happy family, she'll do whatever she can to obtain her goal. It's too bad Daniel doesn't feel the same way...or maybe he does, but it's more about himself and his stable, Horton life than it is about Parker. :shrug:
I did! Five crisp dollar bills! :D

There's a few things that bother me about Chloe right now - the primary one being that Kate indicated Philip and Chloe were together off screen. And it sucks that there's no residual effects from that. No missing Philip but choosing Daniel because he's Parker's father. Instead it's being played like Philip was some kind of stopgap until she could go after Daniel again, and I call bull. Philip is her best friend, she's highly attracted to him, he was her first love and she thought he was the father of her child for how long? I hate the way people on this show just shake off their relationships like it's nothing.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I thought you couldn't say if you were a Nielsen family. 'Cause people like me would totally pay you to lie (Happy Endings- you watch it) about certain things (like Happy Endings, which you watch everytime it's on, even when it's not announced ahead of time it will air at that time).

As for the interview- I love her for this: "She's more in love with the idea of being in love with him - not the actual person. That's kind of sad."

I think I'm on record as never having really cared for her or the character but that right there puts me firmly in the fan camp. It makes for an easy exit- Chloe realizes she never loved Daniel- but it totally makes sense to me. Yay for her. Seriously.

Sariah
Member Avatar

px780
Feb 12 2013, 07:33 PM
I thought you couldn't say if you were a Nielsen family. 'Cause people like me would totally pay you to lie (Happy Endings- you watch it) about certain things (like Happy Endings, which you watch everytime it's on, even when it's not announced ahead of time it will air at that time).

As for the interview- I love her for this: "She's more in love with the idea of being in love with him - not the actual person. That's kind of sad."

I think I'm on record as never having really cared for her or the character but that right there puts me firmly in the fan camp. It makes for an easy exit- Chloe realizes she never loved Daniel- but it totally makes sense to me. Yay for her. Seriously.
I think I'm only a Nielsen family for a week or so. It doesn't say anything in the instructions about not telling anyone, or else I wouldn't have. :) Plus, I would totally be open to bribes if NBC wanted me to go there. ;)

I can also believe that Chloe is just in love with the idea of Dan, because the actual man is such a disappointment.

smbashi

Spencer Hastings
Feb 12 2013, 04:03 PM
I wish they would just put Brady and Chloe back together and be done with it (until Philip comes back ;) ). I know that they can flesh those two out across the canvas if they don't go there, but Broe just makes more sense to me than Daniel/Chloe and Brady/Kristin. The angst is there in both of the stories they have now, but I don't know why they don't try to explore those two again. There's so much back story there and we still don't know what happened in Switzerland or wherever they were. They both came back completely different people and we still don't know why. It's just a waste. :shame:
I agree on Brady and Chloe. There is a lot of backstory the show hasn't explored. Especially with what happened in Vienna. I like how she says those feelings might still be there.

marisol40

Quote:

I agree on Brady and Chloe. There is a lot of backstory the show hasn't explored. Especially with what happened in Vienna. I like how she says those feelings might still be there.

I'm glad that they are still asking her about a Brady and Chloe reunion, because the Broe fans are still rooting for their lovestory. Makes no sense why the writers never explored these two given all the history between them. Hell, if Nicole could still have feelings for Eric and their lovestory was a gazillion years ago, why can't Chloe still have feelings for Brady???

Quote:

I can also believe that Chloe is just in love with the idea of Dan, because the actual man is such a disappointment.

Disappointment is an understatement!!

Romancer66

Sariah
Feb 12 2013, 07:39 PM
px780

I think I'm only a Nielsen family for a week or so. It doesn't say anything in the instructions about not telling anyone, or else I wouldn't have. :) Plus, I would totally be open to bribes if NBC wanted me to go there. ;)

I kind of love the thought of Chloe realizing she doesn't love Daniel the man, though I wonder what leads her to have that epiphany. Because there must have been a time when she did sincerely love him, revolting as that is to contemplate. And the propping of Daniel is so over the top, we're led to believe that no woman can ever possibly get over him. :rolleyes:

I still hope that Chloe's the catalyst for Dannifer to implode under their own suckitude as a couple, even if she doesn't reunite with him. Hell, my dream scenario is for Daniel to get dumped by both women and leave Salem with his tail between his legs, never to return.
Edited by Romancer66, Feb 12 2013, 09:37 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

marisol40
Feb 12 2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:

I'm glad that they are still asking her about a Brady and Chloe reunion, because the Broe fans are still rooting for their lovestory. Makes no sense why the writers never explored these two given all the history between them. Hell, if Nicole could still have feelings for Eric and their lovestory was a gazillion years ago, why can't Chloe still have feelings for Brady???

Quote:

Disappointment is an understatement!!

Exactly. Nicole and Eric ended 13 years when he left for Colorado. If they can go back and revisit Ericole they can damn sure revisit Broe. I love they always ask about Broe and Nadia's answer gives me hope. Also, I thought Nadia was leaving? It sounds like she's still taping. Perhaps Corday convinced her to stay?

Lady Evol

Romancer66
Feb 12 2013, 09:35 PM
Sariah
Feb 12 2013, 07:39 PM
px780

I kind of love the thought of Chloe realizing she doesn't love Daniel the man, though I wonder what leads her to have that epiphany. Because there must have been a time when she did sincerely love him, revolting as that is to contemplate. And the propping of Daniel is so over the top, we're led to believe that no woman can ever possibly get over him. :rolleyes:

I still hope that Chloe's the catalyst for Dannifer to implode under their own suckitude as a couple, even if she doesn't reunite with him. Hell, my dream scenario is for Daniel to get dumped by both women and leave Salem with his tail between his legs, never to return.
Yessss, all of these things! I hope Nadia is throwing a crumb trail for us to follow and when Nancy is on she helps Chloe figure this stuff out.

She's phenomenally, fantastically gorgeous- to believe she'd have to fight for a guy blows me past the amount of disbelief I can suspend. Guys should and would be lining up waiting for her. Much more attractive, entertaining and appropriate guys than Dr Doglips, I think.

Will&Sonny

Sariah
Feb 12 2013, 07:22 PM
There's a few things that bother me about Chloe right now - the primary one being that Kate indicated Philip and Chloe were together off screen.
Did Kate ever actually say that on-screen? I know that we had a spoiler a few weeks before Chloe returned to Salem that implied that she had reunited with Philip off-screen; it was supposed to be mentioned on the episode where Kate gave Daniel that photograph of Parker, but when those scenes actually aired, nothing like that was shown, so I wrote the spoiler off as being either inaccurate or a reference to something that was edited out before the episode aired.

Ana75
Member Avatar

It is really nice to see that in practically every interview Nadia gives that Broe is asked about. Many fans want them explored and brought back together. Hoping she's still taping and finally they go for Broe. Don't like seeing Chloe being so manipulative. That ain't her.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 12 2013, 11:02 PM
Sariah
There's a few things that bother me about Chloe right now - the primary one being that Kate indicated Philip and Chloe were together off screen.
Did Kate ever actually say that on-screen? I know that we had a spoiler a few weeks before Chloe returned to Salem that implied that she had reunited with Philip off-screen; it was supposed to be mentioned on the episode where Kate gave Daniel that photograph of Parker, but when those scenes actually aired, nothing like that was shown, so I wrote the spoiler off as being either inaccurate or a reference to something that was edited out before the episode aired.
I thought Chloe said something about not being or living with Phillip in Chicago .

Yes the spoiler & what aired were different maybe they cut that scene out for some reason.

Also does anyone know whatever happen to the Dan vs Kate scenes when he found out about
Chloe being blackmailed ? Dan mentioned something to Billie but the whole thing
never went anywhere.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Sariah
leah09
Feb 12 2013, 06:52 PM
Sariah

Congrats!

I did! Five crisp dollar bills! :D

There's a few things that bother me about Chloe right now - the primary one being that Kate indicated Philip and Chloe were together off screen. And it sucks that there's no residual effects from that. No missing Philip but choosing Daniel because he's Parker's father. Instead it's being played like Philip was some kind of stopgap until she could go after Daniel again, and I call bull. Philip is her best friend, she's highly attracted to him, he was her first love and she thought he was the father of her child for how long? I hate the way people on this show just shake off their relationships like it's nothing.

In my mind, Phillip is still Parker's father. Sorry, but that's just how it is. Broe fans got the wedding, Phloe fans got the baby. There was already one switch up with this kid, you don't just undo it. Phillip is Parker's dad. Plus, he raised him for two full years, that doesn't just go away. It's different than it was with Belle/Roman. Roman was in her life for barely a couple of months, but Parker's connected with Phillip, and taking him away from his father now - that's just messed up. I know it's a soap, but DAYS claims to be somewhat realistic and grounded, and this is messed. up.

I hated Broe/Phloe when it first aired, but I would really like for them to do it correctly (ala Roman/Marlena/John of 1990s). Sadly, soaps don't do good triangles anymore.
Edited by The Room Stops, Feb 13 2013, 09:58 AM.

AFaithL

JKJ is sorely needed back.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply