Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, February 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 13 2013, 08:06 AM (6,405 Views)
cord08

"I feel like I haven't seen you in days." Really Jen? It's been like 8 hours.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 13 2013, 01:46 PM
Ok. As much praising of the breakdowns as I was, the jump from Rafe's loft to Gabi's room with only 1 scene in between was just really bad editing/breakdown. You simply can NEVER have a character completely change settings within the span of a single act unless the two sets are logically within an understood short distance. Longer distances can only be done between acts with a commercial in between because we can accept that passage of time much easier. Soap Writing Mechanics 101, imo.
I agree, that was annoying. Could have waited until the end of that act. Especially since Rafe said he was going to talk to someone on Will's side who isn't crazy. That was good enough to go to commercial with, IMO. How far is HTS from the Brady Pub though? I always feel like its right around the corner because for so long those were the only sets we ever saw.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

25 year old Parker cries like a 6 month old.

cockymom
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 13 2013, 01:53 PM
My thoughts exactly!

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Maybe he's really Nathan and Melanie's.

cord08

Good grief. Jen is so freaking paranoid.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Feb 13 2013, 01:55 PM
Matt
Bite your tongue! You KNOW TPTB read this site. :whack:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Parker drinks cherry juice? Um.... EWWWWW.

Of course, since he's clearly 25, maybe it's just to mix into his Manhattans. :shrug:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Today's show was directed by Steven Williford from a script by THE QUEEN Melissa Salmons (her 2nd script in a row).

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hope, honey, Will's a Horton, too. It's even his last name in case you forget (as you so frequently do). I wish they'd address this more because it's a glaring flaw in this whole storyline.

cockymom
Member Avatar

If Jennifer was so worried about Dan getting that message, wouldn't she just have apologized again when she saw him in person? I'm so, so, so sorry might not translate so well on paper!

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

lysie
Matt
And Maggie would still be his great grandma... twice. :drunk:
Edited by granolagirl, Feb 13 2013, 02:05 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

God help me I enjoyed Rafe for an entire episode. Lauren Koslow worked some magic. But it didn't rub off in his scenes with Gabi (which I have never, ever enjoyed in the history of the two characters) so there's a change happening.

Jennifer/Daniel hallway scenes were embarrassing and horribly acted. They couldn't convey emotions through their acting so she awkwardly rubbed his face before leaving. Okay.

Hope is being written as a horrible person, IMO. I wanted to throw something through my TV. "The Hortons will stand behind you." in the battle between Nick and Will? Um, someone brush her up on who she is related to, please. I know its the writers fault before someone starts defending KA. But it still sucks.

I'm looking forward to the scenes where Brady opens up to Kristen about why he doesn't want to marry her. Gives Eric Martsolf another chance to win me over. Everyone is surprising me lately on this show from the writers to the actors so there's a chance! Maybe.

I'm glad to see Lucas, Stefano, and Kayla more. They aren't doing anything overly important, but at least they're being used. The more we see them the more there's a chance they will do something relevant. Lucas is obviously on his way up because he's about to be involved in two different storylines. I hate that Kayla and Hope are just sounding boards for everyone else right now. Hoping their time will come.

My highlights today : Stefano is coming home! Rafe and Kate work well together and GG and LK actually have some awkward chemistry together. I want more. Enjoyed Chloe today.

Lowlights : Bristen was pretty dull, but there will probably be some good movement tomorrow. Thank god. Dannifer continues to bore me to death.

Romancer66

cord08
Feb 13 2013, 01:50 PM
"I feel like I haven't seen you in days." Really Jen? It's been like 8 hours.
Holy crap! Really? Jen-Jen is that insecure when she doesn't hear from her boyfriend for a few hours? I can't believe TPTB think this is a healthy, normal relationship. But then what Jennifer did by deliberately lying to Chloe isn't healthy or normal, either. Yes, Chloe is scheming to break up Dannifer, but the bottom line is Daniel wanted the mother of his child to have the correct contact info and Jennifer made sure she got the wrong info. That's all on her. In trying to come between Daniel and Chloe, Jennifer ended up coming between Daniel and Parker--and that's a big no-no when it comes to dating someone with kids from a previous relationship. As a mother herself, Jennifer should have known better: she's coming across as jealous of a two-year-old.

During the snoozefest that was Dannifer 1.0, she gushed about how great it was that despite being a big, important surgeon, Daniel always put her first--unlike Jack. :rolleyes: But now Parker and Chloe are in the picture, so guess who's not #1 anymore, and handling it atrociously?

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

wohoo for Hope being in todays episode, but boo that she forgets that Will's a Horton too!

Make it work writers!!

Where's Chad??

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 13 2013, 01:59 PM
lysie
Matt
I really need to see that gif again of Nathan balling.

It makes me pee my pants everytime.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

What I loved most about Don/Marlena was that they became sort of best friends after their divorce. So I'd love for him to return purely as a friend to Marlena.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed the Kate and Rafe scenes today ... like the awkwardness between them, the laughter, the talk ... didn't even mind them having sex again. I don't know where they're going with this but I did enjoy their scenes yesterday and today.

Nick is a genius. He's lining everything up in a row. Love how he gets the information he needs from everyone while making it sound like he's just having a normal conversation about nothing important. It won't be long and he'll have Gabi convinced that the only way she can keep her baby is by going along with his schemes.

Chloe - Jen is right about one thing - you are not subtle at all! Give it a rest already!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SoapGal1
Feb 13 2013, 02:39 PM
SocRMum1
lysie
Matt

Posted Image

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Angie79
Feb 13 2013, 03:05 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 13 2013, 02:39 PM
SocRMum1
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Posted Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That shit never gets old.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply