Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Most Romantic Moments
Topic Started: Feb 13 2013, 11:42 AM (3,078 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar

I just love Kayla's expression in the youtube still for the sign language proposal. "First I lose my voice and my hearing, and now I don't know WTF is going on."

Well done, DR.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mellymet

Fabulous list DR! Great fun going down memory lane. Some of these scenes I haven't watched in ages. Of course I love the fact that Bope was #1 but bias aside, it's a classic scene that I believe still lives up to this day. Now take away the music rights and who knows if we would still be talking about it but the grand romance of it can't be denied. The scenes for Steve/Kayla, John/Marlena and Jack/Jen were wonderful as well. Nice to see so many of our super couples represented and the honorable mention to Doug/Julie and Tom/Alice. Days knew romance for so long.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Where is Rafe sucking off Kate's collagen lips against a brick wall?

I vote for that scene...best romantic moment in DAYS history.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Mitchapalooza
Feb 13 2013, 05:10 PM

MITCH! :hug: I've missed you!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 13 2013, 05:10 PM

Unfortunately it didn't air soon enough. Maybe next year.

Kansa
Member Avatar

Great list! I was so glad to see the Steve/Kayla "Lady in Red" scene was included - love it!

ChadsLover
Member Avatar

Awww...these were the Days of Our Lives, alright! I remember all of these!! So great!

happy
Member Avatar

This thread is a great Valentine's gift for the DR board. Thanks, Lysie!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The Jack and Jen rooftop clip should be showing now. ZB doesn't like the youtu.be links so trying to embed them here doesn't work.

It's a great list that Lysie did a wonderful job compiling and writing scene descriptions for!

Daysofold

esp13
Feb 13 2013, 01:06 PM
Love the list. I'm glad my campaigning paid off. ;) While S&K will always be #1 in my heart, even I won't dispute that Bo rescuing Hope from her wedding should be #1 on this list. It truly is an iconic moment -- not just for Bope, or for Days, but for soap operas in general.

And I think it says something that so many of these moments came from 20-30 years ago. Only two couples (Lumi and Ejami) are from anything in the last 10 years and even those two were from several years ago. I hope the show pays attention to this list to see what makes for memorable romantic moments.

But I also hope they realize that the reason these moments were memorable is because of all the things that came before it -- the angst, the longing, the separations, and tragedies. These moments stand out because the stories pulled us in and made us want these moments as much as those characters did. Without the story, these moments are just moments. Because of the story, they are memorable.
Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head! That is what is missing terribly on Days today.

ChadsLover
Member Avatar

Daysofold
Feb 14 2013, 07:10 AM
esp13
Feb 13 2013, 01:06 PM
Love the list. I'm glad my campaigning paid off. ;) While S&K will always be #1 in my heart, even I won't dispute that Bo rescuing Hope from her wedding should be #1 on this list. It truly is an iconic moment -- not just for Bope, or for Days, but for soap operas in general.

And I think it says something that so many of these moments came from 20-30 years ago. Only two couples (Lumi and Ejami) are from anything in the last 10 years and even those two were from several years ago. I hope the show pays attention to this list to see what makes for memorable romantic moments.

But I also hope they realize that the reason these moments were memorable is because of all the things that came before it -- the angst, the longing, the separations, and tragedies. These moments stand out because the stories pulled us in and made us want these moments as much as those characters did. Without the story, these moments are just moments. Because of the story, they are memorable.
Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head! That is what is missing terribly on Days today.
I agree. Couples are too "instant" these days and it makes it less meaningful for viewers, IMO. EJami are the only couple on screen right now (excluding vet couples like Jarlena) that have actually gone through all of that, and their fans are just now receviing the payoff they have been longing for. They MAY be able to pull this type of thing off with Ericole, but they are gonna have to move the story along a bit before people get bored and then tear them apart and make people long for the reunion while they go through some sort of turmoil. I can also see where Will and Sonny could end up having a moment like this if they keep everythingfull of emotion with these two. The writing is crucial in that story. It can't be written too juvenile because people won't relate to it as an adult love story and will write it off as puppy love if they make Sonny too petty or Will too whiny. But if they write it as the emotional, drama packed story it could be, I think fans will be drawn in by these two. I love Bristen, but I can't see it lasting long term. We'll see. Brady is too good to waste without him getting a REAL love story that will last.
Hopefully it will all be interesting to watch...

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

That is a great list!!

I had to watch the Bo and Hope scene cause I wasn't even born when that aired and it was so OVER THE TOP ACTING but perfect for that time in soaps. No way would that fly today but it was drama at its best. And on a side note KA's ta tas are HUGE in that dress. For some reason they don't seem as large today. Loved that scene though and I so wish Days would do more of those on location episodes like that. It was a nice change of scenery.

I LOVED the abandoned house with Ej and Sami. Both of them dripping wet and Ej wet is HOT HOT HOT!! That whole episode was great and I loved the dancing and the looks. Ej is the first man who ever made Sami say Austin who and by the looks of him I can see why!!

Great list, enjoyed them all!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

greeneyedgirl
Feb 14 2013, 11:31 AM
I had to watch the Bo and Hope scene cause I wasn't even born when that aired and it was so OVER THE TOP ACTING but perfect for that time in soaps. No way would that fly today but it was drama at its best. And on a side note KA's ta tas are HUGE in that dress. For some reason they don't seem as large today. Loved that scene though and I so wish Days would do more of those on location episodes like that. It was a nice change of scenery.
that scene, and her popping-out breasts were discussed on the Jeff Probst show.
from a physio pov, they probably don't seem that large because they changed after she had kids.
Days doesn't do location shoots any more because they're too expensive.They don't even use the exterior Salem Place set any more, for partly the same reason. I think the last one they did was the few scenes in the park before Bo & Hope's 2008 vow renewal.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Love the list! Great job everyone!

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

What a fantastic list! So many of the classics were here and it was a true blast from the past. Great job on the selection. A little mortified that I was quoted but still super excited about it lol

HJBJDJ

great lists. Great picks for all that vored. And the reason why so many people still love the super couples more than the new couples... They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

you don't get that much complexity, emotion and depth in characters now, as we did back then.

Scenes that were more than 1 minute long!

characters were well rounded full characters with their own quirks, idiocyncracies and style. No cookie cutter cut outs off the assembly line.

They let the characters grow and change not run around the hamster wheel for years on end.

They had stories, they actually went out and did things and went places, and things happened to them.

They didn't just hang out at the nurses station all day everyday every week.

They didn't just sit around drinking coffee and talking everyday.

The couples had their love stories going on but at the same time each partner in the pair also had their own set of issues and relationships with other people that they dealt with and had stories with.

And the super couples would have stories that mixed in together and weaved in and out of eachothers stories.
One group would have part A of a story, then the second couple would have part b of the story, couple 3 would have part three and then all the couples , and all of Salem really, would all come together for the final part of the story with all their peices coming together for the big story climax.

anyway that's just some of the reasons I love the supercouple era. :)

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I think it's amazing that the only Bope moment on the list, is Bo kidnapping Hope from her wedding to Larry, and that it's #1! This Bope fan is just thrilled about that, lol! It's such an iconic moment, not just for Days but for Bonnie Tyler too. Now, whenever I hear that song- or one of my friends do, he says "Bo & Hope", lol. When I watched Shrek 2 at the movies I smiled when it was played (this time sung by Jennifer Saunders), but not because of Shrek saving Fiona, but because I kept seeing Bo trying to get to Hope. On Smallville Lois even had the song as her ringtone for The Blur/Clark.

Hope: What are you doing here?
Bo: I'm here to get the woman I love.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Very respectable list, thanks for doing it. I'd like to point out just for pure principle that Jack's Santa Claus proposal to Jennifer is nowhere to be found on this list. Let that be a lesson, DAYS.

AFaithL

I fucking love Bo Brady! One of the best supercouples EVER. Come back, Peter!

ceejay

Thank you for this list. Days today is nothing like it was back in the day...classic and full of romance!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply