Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, February 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 14 2013, 09:34 AM (9,810 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

I remember Pete and Melissa being the first couple that really kind of reeled me into this show. I was just a kid but I guess that was the first couple I shipped on Days. But then I think they ruined Pete's character and he turned into a jerk....my memory is fuzzy.

I am both anticipating and dreading today. I think it's going to be a bitter-sweet day for WilSon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I *loved* Pete & Melissa (even though Michael Leon couldn't act his way out of a paper bag). I HATED that they screwed them up by sticking Lars in the middle of them & then turning Pete into a manipulative douche with that fake paralysis crap. I was always a fan of Lisa Trusel, though, and thought she got some really good material after they gave her the crush on Jack and inserted her into the Steve/Kayla/Jack storyline. Unfortunately, the best material she ever got (IMO) was when Melissa dumped Jack at the altar -- which was immediately before she left the show. *sigh* #monkeypaw

esp13
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 14 2013, 11:58 AM
I *loved* Pete & Melissa (even though Michael Leon couldn't act his way out of a paper bag). I HATED that they screwed them up by sticking Lars in the middle of them & then turning Pete into a manipulative douche with that fake paralysis crap. I was always a fan of Lisa Trusel, though, and thought she got some really good material after they gave her the crush on Jack and inserted her into the Steve/Kayla/Jack storyline. Unfortunately, the best material she ever got (IMO) was when Melissa dumped Jack at the altar -- which was immediately before she left the show. *sigh* #monkeypaw
I really like Lisa Trusel in the Steve/Kayla/Jack storyline as well. She and Stephen Nichols had some really great scenes just before the Jack is Billy reveal where they played a game of "I know that you know that I know but I'm pretending that I don't know that you know that I know."

Until I watched some DVD's very recently, I also never realized that Jack actually confessed to "forcing Kayla" to have sex with him to Melissa. I had always believed that he denied it and convinced Melissa that Kayla was lying about what happened, as later scenes support this. But he actually did tell her which puts a whole different spin on the Jack/Melissa relationship, as well as the Melissa/Kayla relationship during this time.

Before I understood this, I had a weird respect for Melissa's ability to deny what had happened, yet still be friends with Kayla. Now, I'm not sure what I feel about Melissa during this time frame. But it certainly adds a complexity to the character that wasn't there before.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Is it just me or does Maggie not look much different than she does now?

WillFan
Member Avatar

OMG...Will is in the shower and he had a daydream of him and Sonny in the shower and they kiss in the shower...OMG...

cord08

Oh my god. Nick is wearing nothing but a heart-shaped box.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

OMG Nick. :rolleyes:

cord08

I wonder how long it took to complete that family tree...what a tangled mess...

cord08

Wait. Has Will found his brain? He's actually questioning Sami's relationship with EJ.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ok. Nick's V-Day surprise was appropriately cheesy & sleazy, but kinda goofy-cute at the same time. I will neither confirm nor deny rumors that I have ever engaged in similar activity.

cord08

Are they breaking up Maggie and Victor for Victor and Caroline??

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Really, E.J.? She looks "stunning"? With that bun? :eyeroll:

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 14 2013, 01:12 PM
Are they breaking up Maggie and Victor for Victor and Caroline??
Doubtful. Maggie probably just wants Victor and Caroline to spend quality time together considering her condition and their history. It's being managed right now but no matter what this show might tell us, there is no cure for Alzheimer's.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 14 2013, 01:01 PM
As I am not watching (because Im at work) and Im only reading this thread... Im imaging this...

http://youtu.be/T7H9xEesilU

Please tell me this is not what is happening lol

cantstopme
Member Avatar

cantstopme
Feb 14 2013, 01:14 PM
cord08
As I am not watching (because Im at work) and Im only reading this thread... Im imaging this...

Or maybe I want you to tell me this is exactly what is happening.

I cant decide.

cord08

Oh, good. Days isn't reusing Hope's "listening device" for Will's ipod.

cord08

cantstopme
Feb 14 2013, 01:15 PM
cantstopme
Feb 14 2013, 01:14 PM
cord08

Or maybe I want you to tell me this is exactly what is happening.

I cant decide.
HAHAHA. Love that SNL skit.

Oh, and not quite. Nick was kneeling completely naked on Gabi's bed with a heart-shaped box over his special area.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I wonder if Maggie will remember she and Mickey got married for the 2nd (legal) time on Valentine's Day (see Lysie's original post)?

Melissa helped him on that family tree? At least someone in that "family" remembers she exists. I wonder if he sent a hitman to chase her after she was finished.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

As fugly as that bun is, I'd much rather Sami had a bun on her head than in her oven.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply