Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Roger Howarth (Todd) Returns .. UPDATED!; Plus ... Patrick Gibbons (Sam) is also back
Topic Started: Feb 14 2013, 02:21 PM (1,220 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/46853-exclusive-roger-howarth-returning-to-one-life-to-live/

Quote:

UPDATE 2:17 PM ET: Score for Laura Wright! The actress tweeted, ”We are not saying goodbye to Roger, Michael and @krisalderson - just see ya in a few :) )))))” and she was right! Soap Opera Network has confirmed with Roger Howarth‘s management that the actor is returning to “One Life to Live,” but only for the first four weeks. He will begin filming in March for the Hulu/iTunes aired series before returning to “General Hospital” shortly afterward.

Quote:

Miss a day, miss a lot is the saying, but as the behind-the-scenes drama continues to unfold between ABC and Prospect Park in relation to the characters of Starr Manning, Todd Manning and John McBain and their need on either “General Hospital” or “One Life to Live,” the saying has now become who’s has what and how it affects daytime viewers.

In our last couple of reports, we reported a statement from ABC that said, “‘General Hospital’ is excited about Michael Easton, Kristen Alderson and Roger Howarth staying on the show and we are exploring ways to allow that to happen.” ABC’s statement was followed up by Prospect Park’s, which said, “Prospect Park understands that ‘General Hospital’ has featured Llanview transplants Michael Easton (John) and Kristen Alderson (Starr) among others while we arranged production of the new version of ‘One Life to Live.’ These characters, who we own under our agreement, are obviously essential to our production efforts, and a large reason we licensed the program. We also understand that legions of ‘General Hospital’ fans have grown to love these actors and characters in a short time. So even though we are paying ABC millions of dollars to license the shows, we have been, and continue to be willing to equally share the characters with ‘General Hospital’ and ABC. It’s a win-win for the actors, the shows and fans, who love all of the shows and storylines. We hope to work out these agreements with ABC and the actors.”

One actor glaringly omitted from Prospect Park’s statement was Roger Howarth (Todd). Many wondered why his named was missing and so did we. Soap Opera Network has since learned the actor is leaving “General Hospital” and heading back to “One Life to Live.” This despite Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos Jacks) tweeting, “We are not saying goodbye to Roger, Michael and @krisalderson - just see ya in a few :) ))))),” on Friday, February 8, which was the last day the soap could use the characters of Todd, Starr and John while ABC and Prospect Park continued their negotiations in regards to those characters.

There’s been no definitive word yet on the status of either Alderson or Easton. Stay tuned to Soap Opera Network for updates.

Patrick Gibbons (Sam) news:

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/holy-spiderman-llanview-superhero-retakes-the-town

Quote:

Child actor Patrick Gibbons, who famously wore the Spiderman costume through several episodes of “One Life to Live” during the soaps final year on ABC, while portraying Sam Manning on the soap, is returning to the series when it resumes production later this month under Prospect Park‘s TOLN, the actors twitter account confirmed today.

“Look out LLanview Spidey Sam is swinging back into town. Mom needs me to watch out for her @KassieDePaiva!” Gibbons first tweeted. He added, “@KassieDePaiva @ajtrischitta @kelleyrmissal @SeanRinggold @robinstrasser Can’t wait to see you all. Just got the great news!”

He thanked his fans for their continued support in the process. “Thank you to all my fans…The tweets really made the difference! YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!”
Edited by KMan101, Feb 14 2013, 02:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wonder how long Roger's return is really for? No length was specified.

And glad that Gibbons is back as Sam. I know the fans had been pushing for it and I guess the Tweets did make a difference.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I like Sam,his brother I didn't like,well I did before they SORAS'd him.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Roger's back for four weeks only.

Quote:

UPDATE 2:17 PM ET: Score for Laura Wright! The actress tweeted, ”We are not saying goodbye to Roger, Michael and @krisalderson - just see ya in a few :) )))))” and she was right! Soap Opera Network has confirmed with Roger Howarth‘s management that the actor is returning to “One Life to Live,” but only for the first four weeks. He will begin filming in March for the Hulu/iTunes aired series before returning to “General Hospital” shortly afterward.
Edited by KMan101, Feb 14 2013, 02:39 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This is great news! It's a win for everyone. PP gets to use Todd, Starr and John to establish the new OLTL, and then GH gets them afterwards. And hopefully, a deal can be made between PP and ABC for the future to share the characters if need be.

One thing I'll miss with OLTL coming to life again is Carlivati's inserts of things going on back in Llanview. He'll no longer be in control of what goes on in the town, so we won't get much of those. At least I don't think we will.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I honestly feel like John fits in so much better at GH and I'm still torn about Todd. I want him on both shows but I like that we're seeing him a new place and I think he's been great on GH. Still couldn't care less about Starr but I actually liked her a lot in her talk with Carly the other day. I do love how everyone thinks it's ridiculous that Starr is co-running a club yet it's just shrugged off as a "whattayagonnado" thing. Ron is trying so hard to fit Starr in and she still sticks out like a sore thumb.

NicoleLVR

They belong on OLTL tbh. But it's good for the actors, but for us OLTLers it's kind of ehh because I would rather he stay where he belongs which is in Llanview.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I have a feeling the Todd/Blair reunion won't be happening. In fact, there will probably be more damage done to the couple in order to pimp up the unnecessary Todd and Carly coupling. :redface:

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I cool with no more Todd & Blair. Todd has done enough to Blair. Blair's no dumb and should NOT take him back. I hope Ted King(Tomas) joins Prospect Park's ONE LIFE, and it's proven Tomas is NOT Alcazar!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

They're seriously keeping the last Jack?! Why!

naptown
Member Avatar

I was never a John McBain fan, but I am really enjoying the Caleb storyline on GH right now. I think Easton shines more playing a dark character like Caleb, which was why he was cast on Port Charles in the first place. OLTL liked the actor and put him in the McBain role, which never really clicked for me. I love Roger Howarth and think Todd definitely has a place on GH, but he's being underused with all the vets returning.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply