Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video: Ali and James discuss Ejami
Topic Started: Feb 14 2013, 03:23 PM (7,111 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 14 2013, 03:39 PM
Going by Ali's reaction, I would say that EJ is the one hiding something.
Based on the way they're laughing about it, I have a feeling he's hiding an engagement ring.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Nice video,I really like what Ali and James says, and their chemistry shines through the TV screen, it is after all their merit that their characters have become so popular.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Its a merit that they've spent six years surrounding stories around EJ? Some will say Daniel is popular. People can't help but have an opinion about him.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Everett is ADORABLE. James appears to be a dork underneath it all; an adorable dork.

AFaithL

lysie
Feb 14 2013, 03:51 PM
I think it's amazing that after all these years, Sweeney still doesn't get her character's family dynamic. Doesn't see Sami as a victim my ass.
Exactly. And Marlena has always accepted Sami. She might not have approved of the CRIMES Sami committed (like kidnapping and drugging), but she loved her as much as any mother loves her daughter. And she has always wanted her happy.

michelle
Member Avatar

Love this video.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

James is looking all kinds of fine in this video.

mae
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Feb 14 2013, 05:27 PM
Some will say Daniel is popular.

Posted Image

Serenity 808

AFaithL
Feb 14 2013, 07:16 PM
lysie
I think it's amazing that after all these years, Sweeney still doesn't get her character's family dynamic. Doesn't see Sami as a victim my ass.
Exactly. And Marlena has always accepted Sami. She might not have approved of the CRIMES Sami committed (like kidnapping and drugging), but she loved her as much as any mother loves her daughter. And she has always wanted her happy.
Though Sami's far, far from perfect and behaved inexcusably toward Marlena last year, I don't think Marlena was exactly parent of the year, either. There's a pattern of Marlena not being there when Sami needed her (e.g. Johnny going missing, where Kate actually acted more like a mother to Sami than Marlena, Grace's death, etc.), so I can see why Sami can be hostile towards her.

AFaithL

Serenity 808
Feb 14 2013, 08:48 PM
AFaithL
Feb 14 2013, 07:16 PM
lysie
Though Sami's far, far from perfect and behaved inexcusably toward Marlena last year, I don't think Marlena was exactly parent of the year, either. There's a pattern of Marlena not being there when Sami needed her (e.g. Johnny going missing, where Kate actually acted more like a mother to Sami than Marlena, Grace's death, etc.), so I can see why Sami can be hostile towards her.
Unless she was kidnapped or fired from the show, Marlena has always been there for Sami. The was only one time she wasn't .... when Johnny went missing. And that was bad writing.

All other times Marlena had been there. When Sami would let her, that is. Marlena can't be there for someone who refuses to let her in. She tries, but moreoften than not, Sami pushes her away.

I wish they were closer, but let's be honest: their estrangement is mostly Sami's fault. She's always been a daddy's girl and has resented her mother ever since her mother dared to love someone other than her daddy.

I'm not a Sami hater...I'm just pointing out the facts.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Somewhat crazy over this video ATM. I had to lol that EJ had a scheme but he was going to implement it through his relationship with Samantha. Oh James lol. Super adorable, and thank god the actors themselves are questioning the cleanliness of that sofa. :laugh:

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

mae
Feb 14 2013, 08:42 PM
Aliaron
Feb 14 2013, 05:27 PM
Some will say Daniel is popular.

Posted Image

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Loved the video, too. They seemed so fun - which is what watching DOOL is to me.

Bee
Member Avatar

So cute. Just when I thought I couldn't adore AS and JS more - they went and did this little backstage promo. They totally get their characters and are obviously excited about their storyline. LURV!

Safensane

Seems that they are trying too hard to sell this relationship...since when did NBC have a pairing do a video to explain the reasoning for a couple's falling for one another. The more it's explained, the more you wonder why it needs to be. The truth is you can't deny the true history of Sami and EJ... it's so horrible and outrageous that it's totally implausible. If they want to write Sami with EJ, so be it. Just stop the ricidulous pimping and go with it. The GA will either accept it or not... all the cute words expressed by the actors involved will not make a difference nor improve the product they put on screen.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

What is the difference between pimping and promoting?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

michelle
Feb 14 2013, 10:42 PM
I don't know....we were all saying not to long ago that Rafe/Safe/Dan/Dannifer were being pimped (I include myself in that as I said it one too many times)...maybe we should all know what it means by now....

michelle
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 14 2013, 10:48 PM
michelle
I don't know....we were all saying not to long ago that Rafe/Safe/Dan/Dannifer were being pimped (I include myself in that as I said it one too many times)...maybe we should all know what it means by now....
I think we say promoting when we like a couple/character/story and pimp when we don't.

I think.

Yay/Nay?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

michelle
Personally I think promoting indicates an investment of $$. And time. Which seems to be what TPTB are giving the EJami pairing these days. It does seem they are moving ahead lock, stock and barrel and trying to make sure everyone knows it. :D

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

michelle
pimping involves constant pro tweets/retweets, in addition to consistent "highlights", "full episode" blurbs, and tumblr GIFs. - both to the point that people are calling @nbcdays out on it.
promoting involves inclusion in things such as the "is ___ your valentine" pics, tumblr GIFs, "highlights", "full episode" blurbs, and the like, but in a balanced manner when compared to others.
you could say that @nbcdays promotes Wabi, Dannifer, & Wilson, but pimps EJami and, to a much lesser extent, Bristen.

when it comes to actors, they promote their stories/pairings when they say they're enjoying it and may share the occasional picture (sometimes that consists of "i've been waiting months to post this" pics), but they pimp their stories/pairings when they're talking non-stop about them (and more so than they've talked about other recent stories/pairings) to the point where they're trying to convince people that their current story is the most amazing thing they've done in a long time, or that the current pairing they're involved in is the most magical, perfect pairing that ever was on Days and deserves to be together in bliss until the end of times.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply