Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video: Ali and James discuss Ejami
Topic Started: Feb 14 2013, 03:23 PM (7,030 Views)
outrageous
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Feb 14 2013, 04:00 PM
Any guesses what ej would be hiding
I'm hoping Rafe's body.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

michelle
Feb 14 2013, 10:58 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 14 2013, 10:48 PM
michelle
Feb 14 2013, 10:42 PM
What is the difference between pimping and promoting?
I don't know....we were all saying not to long ago that Rafe/Safe/Dan/Dannifer were being pimped (I include myself in that as I said it one too many times)...maybe we should all know what it means by now....
I think we say promoting when we like a couple/character/story and pimp when we don't.

I think.

Yay/Nay?
I think this is the accurate description of the difference between the two.

camera shy

concerned
Feb 14 2013, 03:47 PM
OK they are both delusional.

They talk about how the thing that makes EJ and Sami so special is that they both have this dark side that they embrace in each other and allow to flourish.

That is not what's happening on screen at the moment.
Right. Sami is still talking about how much he's changed and we just had Marlena warning her that when Stefano returns so could the old EJ. And I think he might find out about Kate and Rafe and keep it to himself because he doesn't know what kind of effect it would have on Sami......might not be in his favor.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 14 2013, 04:05 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Feb 14 2013, 03:52 PM
I enjoy the entire interview.

I like that Ali said that EJ's dark side attracts Sami becuase Sami could be herself with him; she dosent have to change who she is. Which is why I have always rooted for EJami.

TFP
And this is why I gave up on rooting for EJami.

It's all about Sami - Sami doesn't have to change who she is but she doesn't extend the same courtesy to EJ - he can twist himself all ways to Sunday and she'll still decide its not enough.
As soon as the chips are down she'll throw him to the wolves unless she's going through one of her " ooh I can be a detective like all the other brady's phases".

Ej's dark side is not something she embraces its something she uses to lord it over him that she's superior.
I feel like EJ is Sami's little b*tch and that's tragic seeing just how sexy JS is. EJ has lost all of his sex appeal.

camera shy

concerned
EJ_SamiFF

I like that Ali said that EJ's dark side attracts Sami becuase Sami could be herself with him; she dosent have to change who she is. Which is why I have always rooted for EJami.

TFP

It's all about Sami - Sami doesn't have to change who she is but she doesn't extend the same courtesy to EJ - he can twist himself all ways to Sunday and she'll still decide its not enough.
As soon as the chips are down she'll throw him to the wolves unless she's going through one of her " ooh I can be a detective like all the other brady's phases".

Ej's dark side is not something she embraces its something she uses to lord it over him that she's superior.
And haven't they gone out of there way to show EJ's dark side is over with giving needy children some of Johnny and Sydney's Christmas presents and EJ not going after Rafe and Daniel for helping Nicole. Remember how impressed Sami was suppose to be about that? Well whatever.....I guess they have to sell whatever is going on screen now and hope the audience doesn't remember what we just saw a few months ago.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 15 2013, 05:10 AM
concerned
EJ_SamiFF

TFP

And haven't they gone out of there way to show EJ's dark side is over with giving needy children some of Johnny and Sydney's Christmas presents and EJ not going after Rafe and Daniel for helping Nicole. Remember how impressed Sami was suppose to be about that? Well whatever.....I guess they have to sell whatever is going on screen now and hope the audience doesn't remember what we just saw a few months ago.
But we do remember that's the problem.

Cathalina

Safensane
Feb 14 2013, 10:41 PM
Seems that they are trying too hard to sell this relationship...since when did NBC have a pairing do a video to explain the reasoning for a couple's falling for one another. The more it's explained, the more you wonder why it needs to be. The truth is you can't deny the true history of Sami and EJ... it's so horrible and outrageous that it's totally implausible. If they want to write Sami with EJ, so be it. Just stop the ricidulous pimping and go with it. The GA will either accept it or not... all the cute words expressed by the actors involved will not make a difference nor improve the product they put on screen.
Absolutely! Ejami is supposed to have their fans...no need to push it. Yet, apparently they feel the need to put them out there to "explain" the pairing. One problem, this is not great literature and I have been watching the show and can form my own opinion. Also, for the record EJ defending Sami's almost giving a pregnant girl a miscarriage is not "allowing her dark side to fkourish" - it is being a dumbass and making them both unlikable IMO.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 15 2013, 05:45 AM
Safensane
Seems that they are trying too hard to sell this relationship...since when did NBC have a pairing do a video to explain the reasoning for a couple's falling for one another. The more it's explained, the more you wonder why it needs to be. The truth is you can't deny the true history of Sami and EJ... it's so horrible and outrageous that it's totally implausible. If they want to write Sami with EJ, so be it. Just stop the ricidulous pimping and go with it. The GA will either accept it or not... all the cute words expressed by the actors involved will not make a difference nor improve the product they put on screen.
Absolutely! Ejami is supposed to have their fans...no need to push it. Yet, apparently they feel the need to put them out there to "explain" the pairing. One problem, this is not great literature and I have been watching the show and can form my own opinion. Also, for the record EJ defending Sami's almost giving a pregnant girl a miscarriage is not "allowing her dark side to fkourish" - it is being a dumbass and making them both unlikable IMO.
What about the other couples on the show, will they get the same treatment?

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Feb 15 2013, 05:53 AM
Cathalina
Feb 15 2013, 05:45 AM
Safensane
What about the other couples on the show, will they get the same treatment?
I seems to me that all couples have had their moment in the sun when it comes to pimping / promoting or whatever you want to call it. I also believe that when it comes to EJami this promoting is more about to show viewers that this time it's the real deal with them, because it has not been like that before when it comes to story for them as a couple. :)

spartan
Member Avatar

camera shy
concerned
EJ_SamiFF

TFP

I don't see it as black and white as you describe. His dark side doesn't have to be "over". I think Sami knows he always has the capability to go there at any given moment. Her family is less than thrilled she is with EJ. Caroline was shown just yesterday to not trust him. Sami said to EJ, "you're up to something" and EJ's response is "always".

I don't think EJ has to be an all black or all white character. I do agree they have been lacking in giving us a consistent explanation for his motivation for trying to walk the straight and narrow a bit better, but the show is definitely reminding us that he's no angel.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

spartan
Feb 15 2013, 07:55 AM
camera shy
concerned
EJ_SamiFF

TFP

I don't see it as black and white as you describe. His dark side doesn't have to be "over". I think Sami knows he always has the capability to go there at any given moment. Her family is less than thrilled she is with EJ. Caroline was shown just yesterday to not trust him. Sami said to EJ, "you're up to something" and EJ's response is "always".

I don't think EJ has to be an all black or all white character. I do agree they have been lacking in giving us a consistent explanation for his motivation for trying to walk the straight and narrow a bit better, but the show is definitely reminding us that he's no angel.
From what I understand this is just the beginning of Ejami as a couple, and I absolutely believe that we will see shady stuff with them. EJ and Sami will probably show their dark side too! :)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

^^I'm all for them fucking one another to death, so I don't have to see them on my screen any longer, lol.

lysie
Member Avatar

spartan
camera shy
concerned
EJ_SamiFF

TFP

I agree that it doesn't have to be black and white, but I do think it has been. I see some potential for that to change but so far I've seen no evidence that it actually will. I think ejami are basically safe right now, lol.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Feb 15 2013, 09:13 AM
spartan
camera shy
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I agree that it doesn't have to be black and white, but I do think it has been. I see some potential for that to change but so far I've seen no evidence that it actually will. I think ejami are basically safe right now, lol.
They are pretty much black and white....he's either acting like Everett (now) or he's the son of Stefano (telling Sami to tell Johnny she doesn't love him, Rafe2, Sydnapping, etc)....there is really very little that has been grey about these two....and I :rolleyes: every time I hear either saying that their kids have made them better people or whatever shit they spew....frankly if anything it proves having the kids have made them WORSE not better.

spartan
Member Avatar

lysie
spartan
camera shy
concerned

There's no way EJami is Safe right now. Sami's family couldn't have loved Rafe anymore and couldn't have been more thrilled she was with him. Quite the contrast from the reaction she's getting announcing she is with EJ....and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I definitely agree the writing has been more black and white. I just don't agree with talking in absolutes like, "EJ's dark side is over" because nobody knows that. Especially when you've got people like Caroline, Kayla and Marlena reminding us of it, not to mention the usual suspects like Rafe. I like that they keep that potential alive and depending on circumstance, I feel that he could go back there at any point in time if the situation arises.
Edited by spartan, Feb 15 2013, 09:21 AM.

PatNS
Member Avatar

They can put out a million videos raving about how great they are ... they can force feed the viewers Sami and EJ having sex 24 / 7 ... they can do interviews from here to the ends of the earth with every newspaper and magazine in the world ... they can pimp and pimp and pimp and pimp but NOTHING will ever make me see Sami and EJ as a viable romantic pairing. I know there are many other viewers that feel the same way I do. I understand they have their fanbase and that fanbase is happy but I honestly do believe that this time they are trying way too hard to convince the general audience that Sami and EJ are this great love story and that is a complete turnoff to me and sheer nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

spartan
Member Avatar

PatNS
Feb 15 2013, 09:21 AM
They can put out a million videos raving about how great they are ... they can force feed the viewers Sami and EJ having sex 24 / 7 ... they can do interviews from here to the ends of the earth with every newspaper and magazine in the world ... they can pimp and pimp and pimp and pimp but NOTHING will ever make me see Sami and EJ as a viable romantic pairing. I know there are many other viewers that feel the same way I do. I understand they have their fanbase and that fanbase is happy but I honestly do believe that this time they are trying way too hard to convince the general audience that Sami and EJ are this great love story and that is a complete turnoff to me and sheer nonsense as far as I'm concerned.
I can relate to how you feel because I recall the exact same stuff being done when Safe was together for these past few years. It's EJami's turn now and I for one am thrilled, but if you aren't a fan of the couple it's not fun. I know, believe me.

PatNS
Member Avatar

spartan
Feb 15 2013, 09:24 AM
PatNS
I can relate to how you feel because I recall the exact same stuff being done when Safe was together for these past few years. It's EJami's turn now and I for one am thrilled, but if you aren't a fan of the couple it's not fun. I know, believe me.
That's true I'm not a fan of the couple but I am happy for their fans, you've stuck it out a long time!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

PatNS
THIS!

lysie
Member Avatar

spartan
Feb 15 2013, 09:20 AM
lysie
spartan
camera shy

There's no way EJami is Safe right now. Sami's family couldn't have loved Rafe anymore and couldn't have been more thrilled she was with him. Quite the contrast from the reaction she's getting announcing she is with EJ....and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I definitely agree the writing has been more black and white. I just don't agree with talking in absolutes like, "EJ's dark side is over" because nobody knows that. Especially when you've got people like Caroline, Kayla and Marlena reminding us of it, not to mention the usual suspects like Rafe. I like that they keep that potential alive and depending on circumstance, I feel that he could go back there at any point in time if the situation arises.
Well I don't agree with your assessment of Sami's families feelings about Rafe (initially) but that's completely independent of what I'm talking about. Their families aren't particularly relevant to my opinion of how the characters are acting. Their scenes remind me of safe's scenes when they first got together in Salem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply