Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: John Stamos wants a "meaty story" if he returns
Topic Started: Feb 14 2013, 05:53 PM (891 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

clink the link to see the interview

http://www.tvguide.com/News/John-Stamos-General-Hospital-Return-1060986.aspx

Is John Stamos headed back to General Hospital for the soap's upcoming 50th anniversary? Execs are the ABC soap are mum on the matter but the star himself will spill the very juicy beans on the Monday, Feb. 18 episode of The Jeff Probst Show and TV Guide Magazine has the exclusive clip!

During a sit-down with Probst, Stamos reveals he has indeed met with GH brass but was not thrilled to hear they want his popular '80s character, Blackie Parrish, to appear at the Nurse's Ball playing drums while Rick Springfield sings "Jessie's Girl."

"That's not gonna happen," Stamos tells Probst. "That's what I passed on." The actor goes on to say he's "indebted" to GH for putting him on the map and would happily return if given something meaty to do.

"Why don't we pull Blackie out of jail [where he's been for 30 years] and he has to reacclimate to life?" Stamos says. "He's never been with a girl! I would like to go on [GH] and do some acting."

So whaddya say GH? You've been challenged!

By the way, make sure you catch the full episode because Stamos even volunteers to be part of a "second wave" of GH favorites if something substantial can't be worked out in time for the actual anniversary. And Probst, who clearly wants to see Stamos jam with Springfield, tries to broker a compromise. It's talk-show gold!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I know practically nothing about Blackie, other than he was played by Stamos. I know the character was popular and put Stamos on the map prior to Full House. But it's not 1984. Would the character of Blackie really do well in 2013, and be deserving of a "meaty storyline" like Stamos wants? I have doubts.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Blackie's Laura's foster brother, there could be some great stuff with Laura and Leslie(I have no doubt Leslie will return)

KMan101
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing the Blackie angle brought back up and dealt with. I'm OK with Stamos wanting something substantial to do. He doesn't want to be a prop and I can't blame him for it. I can't believe it but I totally thought to myself Ron and Frank would ask him to just show up and play drums. Guess we can assume Rick Springfield will be back for the Nurse's Ball.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

John did say they thought they'd only be able to get him for an hour or two

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I like to see JS back to GH ( which i never see him on GH before ) but I would love to see it though.

Nate
Member Avatar

Someone deleted my topic lol...

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Nate
Feb 14 2013, 10:18 PM
Someone deleted my topic lol...
Because it was already posted.

happy
Member Avatar

I never saw Blackie, but JS is hot. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply