Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jennifer to Daniel: No more Chloe; Airs week of 2/18
Topic Started: Feb 15 2013, 08:59 AM (4,818 Views)
wkline
Member Avatar

I really wanted, a better storyline for Chloe then this Crap... :puke:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

They have completely destroyed Jennifer. The real Jennifer would never be this self-centered and give ultimatums that included dumping ones child. She is a loony, selfish Daniel obsessed shell of her former self. She doesn't care about her family, job or anything else, it's all Daniel, Daniel, DANIEL. Put this character out of her misery!

oraclerogue
Member Avatar

I am so tired of Jennifer's whining about Daniel. It's so stupid and very, very childish of her. I'm hoping that a bigger realization can come out of this story about how she has serious daddy issues. Either that or her going crazy as her obsession over Daniel gets worse and worse and she ends up crazy like her mom. I know that's too much to hope for from these writers.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Remember how thrilled everyone was when Jennifer came back to the show? This Dannifer storyline has been character assassination at its finest. I've been on Days message boards since I was in high school and I've never seen fan reaction turn from absolute love and admiration to contempt and disdain so quickly.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Feb 15 2013, 01:29 PM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Jen needs to grow up. How can she even expect daniel to give up his son for her. I dont think chloe will have to scheme to much to get jen from daniel looks like jen is doing that all on her own

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If the roles was reversed would Jenn give up Abby for Daniel,hmm,doubt it.

Romancer66

JDeveraux_91
Feb 15 2013, 12:48 PM
They have completely destroyed Jennifer. The real Jennifer would never be this self-centered and give ultimatums that included dumping ones child. She is a loony, selfish Daniel obsessed shell of her former self. She doesn't care about her family, job or anything else, it's all Daniel, Daniel, DANIEL. Put this character out of her misery!
The sad thing is, back in the good old DAYS, Jennifer was never all about a man to the extent she is now. While she was eager for a boyfriend and has always enjoyed masculine attention a bit too much, she has never neglected the other aspects of her life--career, family, friends--to this degree before. One of the many things I loved about Jack was the way he encouraged her to be more than some man's "little woman." He saw the makings of a fine journalist in her, and once he knew she had that fire in her belly, he pushed her to succeed and excel. And he never expected her to become a tame little hausfrau even after she married him. He was the one who stayed at home with Abigail while Jennifer worked as a talk show host. Given how completely he changed her life, he deserves a better memorial from Jennifer than posthumous complaints about how "complicated" he was and how great it is to be with a guy who does Scooby-Doo imitations. :rolleyes:

Now, it's like Jennifer's forgotten everything EXCEPT how to be some man's girlfriend. It's all about defending Daniel, protecting Daniel, pleasing Daniel, placating Daniel, and now keeping Daniel--even if it means cutting out people whose claim on his time and affection is as good as hers, if not better. It's embarrassing and downright painful to watch. She should have gotten this obsessiveness out of her system when she was a real teenager, not a 40-something widow and mother of two behaving like one. I'm hoping that Daniel reverts to sleazy type and cheats on her, so Dannifer will finally crash and burn. The alternative is too horrible to contemplate.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Excellent posts everyone. I agree, this storyline has been an assassination for Jennifer. At this point, I don't think it even matters to me whether Chloe is the mother of Daniel's child, Jennifer is acting like a spoiled brat. I also find it odd that she and Daniel have so little sex given his lecherous history. They "had" to go away to a special place to have sex? Really Jennifer? So now were are to believe Chloe is keeping Jennifer chaste or something? Really? Didn't Dr. Dan practically get it on with underage patients in their hospital bed? Daniel and jennifer are doomed so I hope this storyline does not drag out for too much longer.

I agree romancer66, she is all about being someone's girlfriend and not being a very good girlfriend while she is at it.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 15 2013, 02:08 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

This story is horrible for the character of Jennifer. It's not wonderful for the character of Chloe, either. There are some good things on Chloe's end of it - seeing her take ANY kind of initiative after letting others determine her fate for so long, and her scheming friendship with Anne - but it doesn't reflect so well on her either. She's willing to use that kid as a toy and a ploy - and talk openly to him about it - which is lame. The one character who, unsurprisingly, seems to be coming out smelling of roses so far is Daniel. Daniel's being written as wise to Chloe while Jennifer is increasingly insecure. He's being written as a wonderful, selfless father while Chloe is written as a mother who cares more about snagging her man than paying full attention to her child's welfare during a period of upheaval in his life. This is what bothers me. The women come out looking varying degrees of awful but he's always Mr. Perfect.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Feb 15 2013, 02:19 PM
This story is horrible for the character of Jennifer. It's not wonderful for the character of Chloe, either. There are some good things on Chloe's end of it - seeing her take ANY kind of initiative after letting others determine her fate for so long, and her scheming friendship with Anne - but it doesn't reflect so well on her either. She's willing to use that kid as a toy and a ploy - and talk openly to him about it - which is lame. The one character who, unsurprisingly, seems to be coming out smelling of roses so far is Daniel. Daniel's being written as wise to Chloe while Jennifer is increasingly insecure. He's being written as a wonderful, selfless father while Chloe is written as a mother who cares more about snagging her man than paying full attention to her child's welfare during a period of upheaval in his life. This is what bothers me. The women come out looking varying degrees of awful but he's always Mr. Perfect.
The fact that two women are trashing themselves and one another over someone was worthless as Daniel is just extra agony heaped onto this stoyline. I hope the writers are not deluded into thinking we as the audience consider his some great catch. :puke:

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

NocturnalBlondie to Days of Our Lives: No more Jennifer

Romancer66

JessicaLeigh
Feb 15 2013, 02:19 PM
Sad but true. Watch Chloe do stupid, degrading things to get Daniel. Watch Jennifer do stupid, degrading things to keep Daniel. Watch me and countless others shake our heads in disbelief that women would demean themselves over a fickle, smarmy Lothario like Daniel.

Better yet, don't watch at all. Fast-Forward buttons were made for storylines like these.

bomber
Member Avatar

First story Nicole uses her baby to keep Dan from Jen. Second story Chloe uses (giant) baby to keep Dan from Jen. First story Jen "forbids" Nicole from seeing Dan. Second story Jen "forbids" Dan from seeing Chloe. Second verse, same as the first. First story crazy Nicole accuses Jen of pushing her, unleashing universal Salem sympathy and support for Jen. Dan rides in and saves her. Second story cue scheming Nancy, already holding a grudge against Hortons, terrorises Jen, unleashing a torrent of sympathy and support for Jen. Dan rides in and saves her.
You can stop now GT, I get the picture.

Edited by bomber, Feb 15 2013, 04:14 PM.

AHM

To think, I was so excited about Jack's return, imagining all kinds of good JnJ angst. I got none of that. Jack is dead. Jennifer sucks now.

Also, yes, this is the same story as Nicole/Dan/Jennifer. Did Days have some reason to believe that the Nicole/Dan/Jennifer story was a win and so they should repeat it? Or is this part of the three months ahead curse? Either way, whoever thought it was a good story the first time was confused. But the second time? Weird.

Romancer66

AHM
Feb 15 2013, 05:05 PM
To think, I was so excited about Jack's return, imagining all kinds of good JnJ angst. I got none of that. Jack is dead. Jennifer sucks now.

Also, yes, this is the same story as Nicole/Dan/Jennifer. Did Days have some reason to believe that the Nicole/Dan/Jennifer story was a win and so they should repeat it? Or is this part of the three months ahead curse? Either way, whoever thought it was a good story the first time was confused. But the second time? Weird.
Whoever thought it was a good story the second time should be fired. Period.

Schumi_F1

JDeveraux_91
Feb 15 2013, 12:48 PM
Jennifer isn't the only one, tomsell destroyed Chloe too, the exam scene(groping) between Dan/Chloe was sickening, that's when Chloe's heavy distraction's begun.
The show has to bring Dan's first wife and his true love Rebecca and maybe he'll get redeemed a liitle.

The only one i feel sorry for is little Parker living with such messed up parents. tomsell shouldn't have changed his paternity(especially without Jay), Philip was a great dad to Shelle's child and he seemed great with Parker too. Can't believe any women would want to be with Dan after being with Philip. Have they looked at Jay? :wub:
Edited by Schumi_F1, Feb 15 2013, 06:58 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Wow, Dan/Jen's great romance can't withstand his former lover AND CHILD?

Reading that comparison of this to the Nicole stuff...I wonder if they just swapped in Chloe for Nicole, and this was supposed to be a continuation of the Nicole baby manipulation. That would have made more sense to me, because it wouldn't be Dan's kid and we'd have already had Jen/Rival round 1.

Whatever. IA with those who say the whole thing is a bit of a mess.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I really feel sorry for Parker, poor kid, being the pawn in this grown folks hot azz mess.

Evan
Member Avatar

I used to be such a big Jennifer fan, but now I wish they'd kill the character off, send her to heaven to be reunited with Jack or something like that LOL
I wonder if MR has much of a fanbase left? Jack & Jen fans have no reason left to watch DAYS regularly, and I'm struggling to find too many fans who like Dannifer.
I think it might be better to write Jennifer off altogether, and the same goes for Daniel too, although NBC will never fire their golden boy.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I really don't get the ptb love for Daniel/Dannifer. Daniel has left a trail of destruction and broken hearts in his
path, and Dannifer is an epic fail. It's long overdue Jennifer is redeemed- it would be great if Dan & Chloe
drove off into the sunset with Parker, and Jack was back from the dead. He was the best thing that ever happened
to Jennifer, he was just a wonderful guy. It's a damn shame the ptb killed off the nice guy with substance,
determined to keep Daniel/Dannifer regardless of who's life he destroys. But--at the rate Jennifer's been obsessing
over Dr. Sleaze if Jack returned, she wouldn't want him anyway...IDK what the turningpoint is for Daniel/Dannifer/Jennifer
but, it's desperately needed: NOW.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 15 2013, 09:57 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply