Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jennifer to Daniel: No more Chloe; Airs week of 2/18
Topic Started: Feb 15 2013, 08:59 AM (4,790 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

I like both actors but I loathe these characters....such a waste....such a shame....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

Horrid stuff. It's probably too soon for any rumored re-writes to be taking effect, so what were the writers thinking?

If the re-writes kick in, we may never know what they originally had in store for the Dannifer pairing. But it's really a head-scratcher to contemplate what they could possibly have had in mind to take this route. Could they really think that this was the way to make the audience root for Dannifer? At one point, when Anne was ranting and saying things some viewers have been saying for months, it occurred to me to wonder if the true purpose of the writers was to have the audience hate Dannifer/Jennifer. But that doesn't make sense, given the lengths they went to in order to put them together in the first place.

Now this. Everyone knows that one of the worst things someone can do in a relationship is issue ultimatums -- especially to a person with a child. So surely the writers know that they're showing Jennifer in an unfavorable light. But for what purpose?

Perhaps they think that the way to run a triangle story is to keep both sympathy and hate turned up on all sides so that no one has an edge and no one is ultimately rootable. Whether or not that's their goal, that is in fact the result of their efforts because none of these characters is either likeable or recognizable now.

I just wish I could figure out what they're doing. Not because I care about this storyline, but because, once upon a time, I really liked the character of Jennifer, and it's sad and bewildering to see her reduced to this pathetic version we're getting now. It would at least be nice to know that there was a reason for the destruction.

bomber
Member Avatar

I don't think the writers particularly care about the audience perception of any of the females involved. In both stories, Dan is the innocent one, being torn between "love" and a sense of responsibility. I maintain that the reason Dannifer was dreamed up was solely because they want to tie Dan to the Horton name and make him the new Tom. In hindsight they should have brought back either Sarah or Melissa for him. Jennifer was a big mistake not just because of J & J but also because her character is already too firmly entrenched so seeing her act so OOC for such a worthless piece of garbage is galling. Also MR's own PR disasters haven't helped any nor has killing off Jack.
Using Chloe and Nicole as the villains was pretty dumb too because they both have large fanbases who are justifiably upset at seeing their once-strong heroines dumbed down for Orageglow. So basically just a shit storyline all-round but hey Dr Dan still smells like roses and that's what's important.

AFaithL

annie21
Feb 16 2013, 04:15 PM
Horrid stuff. It's probably too soon for any rumored re-writes to be taking effect, so what were the writers thinking?

What rumored rewrites?

bomber
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 16 2013, 05:48 PM
annie21

What rumored rewrites?
I think there was a rumor out after the SOD poll that they were going to end Dannifer but I think it might have come from the SoapOperaFan site so probably no credence in the rumor.

trojangal
Member Avatar

bomber
Feb 16 2013, 06:12 PM
AFaithL
Feb 16 2013, 05:48 PM
annie21

What rumored rewrites?
I think there was a rumor out after the SOD poll that they were going to end Dannifer but I think it might have come from the SoapOperaFan site so probably no credence in the rumor.
Thatbwas the poll that Dannifer got only 4%. it was sometime in Nov / Dec I think

trojangal
Member Avatar

If Daniel doesn't cut his ties to Chloe will Jennifer go away ? I doubt she will & this nonsensical
storyline will just keep going on & on

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I don't really see Jennifer "competing" for a guy as being in character. Jennifer (the one that I thought I knew) would rely on her faith in love to prove true. It wouldn't matter what Chloe did, Jennifer would think that if Daniel really loved her, nothing would tear them apart. And nothing in the character history would ever suggest that she'd be okay with a parent separated from his child (see: Baby Hannah).

I hate that this story has Chloe sinking to these depths all for Daniel Jonas. After years of cringing at NB's acting, I finally started caring about the character at the end of her last stint, when she was dealing with PPD alone. I had so much sympathy for her then, and now it's felt like she's returned as a different character. And I've certainly appreciated characters who are morally "worse" than her, but I just hate that it's done all for Dannifer. What can her character gain from this?

I too can't imagine how they pictured all this ending up. I suspect they didn't care as long as they could keep the balls up in the air for the longest possible time.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Feb 15 2013, 02:19 PM
This story is horrible for the character of Jennifer. It's not wonderful for the character of Chloe, either. There are some good things on Chloe's end of it - seeing her take ANY kind of initiative after letting others determine her fate for so long, and her scheming friendship with Anne - but it doesn't reflect so well on her either. She's willing to use that kid as a toy and a ploy - and talk openly to him about it - which is lame. The one character who, unsurprisingly, seems to be coming out smelling of roses so far is Daniel. Daniel's being written as wise to Chloe while Jennifer is increasingly insecure. He's being written as a wonderful, selfless father while Chloe is written as a mother who cares more about snagging her man than paying full attention to her child's welfare during a period of upheaval in his life. This is what bothers me. The women come out looking varying degrees of awful but he's always Mr. Perfect.
This is true, but in a way I think he's suffered too... for a long time I thought he was interesting in spite of the problematic writing, but the character has lost his edge.

Cathalina

Okay, let me get this straight. Chloe comes back to tell Daniel that Parker is his son. Yes, she is trying to snare him, but Jennifer thinks that means Daniel should cut all communication with her? Parker should grow up with his parents not speaking so Jennifer can be happy? If in the future they try to take the baby from Chloe that would be the ultimate in stupidity. Chloe never needed to tell Daniel he was the father in the first place.

chinkybig

At the rate this is going, I wouldn't mind seeing Jennifer falling down the elevator shaft to follow Jack soon. While she's at it, bring Dr. Tan with her.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

I'm new at watching DOOL, but when I researched Jen she seemed like a strong, independent woman. She seemed inspiring and intelligent. When I watch her now it almost looks like the actress is as disappointed in her character as I am. There is no heart in it, the couple is not even believable. Maybe she'll wake up from her coma and Jack will be by her side. Her only time spent with Dr. Tan was some occasional groping on his part (she will not remember the horrible experience).

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I hope Ann Milbauer kills all these people.

AFaithL

Southofsoap
Feb 17 2013, 12:42 PM
I hope Ann Milbauer kills all these people.
No, just Jennifer.

Reunite Danloe.

cajnej
Member Avatar

As a long time devoted Jennifer and Jack fan I used to feel compelled to find a way to defend the Jennifer character no matter what because I felt a loyalty to do so but now sadly I am at the point where I am completely indifferent as to what happens.

In this storyline are three characters who I just do not care what happens to them, the writers have really done a number on the three of them in various ways over the past few years.

When Daniel arrived he had some potential with Chelsea and having an older man/younger woman romance being paired together and the reactions it caused with other characters could have been interesting and in the case of Bo quite a amusing. Sure at the time it was not everyone's cup of tea but to me it had possibilities. Instead it was all shut down as fast as it began and Daniel was thrown together with Kate then Chloe then Jennifer then Nicole then back to Jennifer in the space of a couple of years ( give or take a couple of months) The same with Chloe who has ran the gammet of being a host of a TV program ( when she was married to Lucas),to being unfaithful to Lucas with Daniel and then being unfaithful to Daniel with Philip to doing tricks as a Prostie to survive. That is a lot of switching even for a Soap character. :huh:

Then we have Jennifer, who was always susceptible and at times fickle to various males when Jack was not in the picture. She falls for the town saviour Daniel then continues to be being confused about who she should love when Jack returns even when she found out that Jack actually had not left her but was being tortured and held hostage. In the end she chooses Jack because Daniel bows out ( what a guy!!) A small J & J reunion ensues and then Jack is killed off yet again. Next thing we know the dirt had barely hardened on Jack's grave and she was setting her sights on Daniel again and did crazy things like having Nicole live at her house. No wonder all our heads are spinning. What perplexes me the most is why the writers cannot get their act together and take a breath and see that this is just making it so hard for anyone to like any of these three never mind care enough about what is going to happen next or if the charcaters stay or go. When any of them are on I use the time to have a bathroom break, make a cup of coffee or go outside and have a cigarette. I am over these three.
Edited by cajnej, Feb 17 2013, 09:38 PM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

To me, Chloe is not much different than the last time we saw her with Daniel. She was insecure then, she couldn't trust him at work with Carly. Instead of listening to Anne and Nicole, she listened to Vivan. She got herself all worked up and slept with Philip. t was what will Daniel think, OMG I will lose Daniel and she was out of control then. Now she is using the baby as a tool. I could appreciate all three leaving the show for a while. Jennifer's ultimatum as silly. He is not going to push out Chloe because of Parker, so is she breaking up with him? She is acting like a spoiled brat.

Two female characters, Chloe and Jennifer have been ruined by pairing them with Dr. Dan. Why? Why is he on the show AT ALL? I don't get it. Why take of Jack for Daniel?

Plus, I would have left the baby as Philip's. That makes it a Kiriakis and there would be long reaching story potential instead of a Jonas.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 17 2013, 11:47 PM.

Kali
Member Avatar

I hate Jennifer more than words can express. I agree with others in this thread who cannot fathom that TPTB expect us to be rooting for Dannifer. I was a big Danloe fan, and I think that they have great chemistry still, which makes me watch this s/l, hoping they'll reunite, and hoping that Jennifer ends up humiliated and broken-hearted. I will rejoice! However, given the fact that we already know that Chloe's time in Salem is not long-term and we've heard nothing of Daniel leaving, I think I'm going to be disappointed.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

So Jen is essentially forcing Dan to choose between her and Parker? Good luck with that one, hun.

Romancer66

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 18 2013, 11:29 AM
So Jen is essentially forcing Dan to choose between her and Parker? Good luck with that one, hun.
Jen-Jen is certainly putting herself and her feelings before anyone else, including Parker. Bottom line: it's better for Parker if his parents have a relationship that's amicable, or civil at the very least. And that includes communication and even interaction, when the situation calls for it. Dan, Jen, and Chloe are all adults, even if none of them are acting like it, but Parker is a baby and this messy situation isn't of his making. So Selfish Jen, Scheming Chloe, and Clueless (Or Not So Clueless--because I suspect Daniel not laying down the law to Chloe is due to his secret enjoyment of having women compete over him) Dan should be sitting down and hashing things out for the child's benefit, not issuing ultimatums, hatching plots, or focusing only on their needs and wants. It's practically impossible to sympathize with any of these characters.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I hope Ken Corday is proud of how he has destroyed the character of Jennifer all for the pairing of GAGGIFER. This fucking sucks that I have to DVR the show just so I can fast forward through that shit! And every time she even mentions Jack it pisses me off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply