Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sonny reads Will's letter; Airs week of 2/18
Topic Started: Feb 15 2013, 09:18 AM (5,570 Views)
zyona

Freddie Smith said in soap digest that Sonny finds a letter that Will wrote before V-day
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

zyona
Feb 17 2013, 07:08 PM
Freddie Smith said in soap digest that Sonny finds a letter that Will wrote before V-day
They film three to four months ahead. At the time of this interview Freddie probably does not really remember that clearly what was filmed that long ago. Maybe he thought it was a letter, but in actuality it was a card. We will have to see what happens when the episode actually airs. We know he does read something that touches him deeply that was written by Will.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

BreakingDownTheWalls
Feb 17 2013, 11:08 AM
michr544125
Feb 17 2013, 07:14 AM
BreakingDownTheWalls
Feb 17 2013, 05:39 AM
AFaithL
Feb 15 2013, 07:17 PM
I think it's pretty damn creepy that Sonny thinks its cool that Will would be willing to give up his child for him.

Bring back Brian.
This. Sonny actually seemed flattered that Will would give up his child for him. Who acts like that? Who thinks that's a good thing?
He didn't seem flattered.

IMO he seems to now realize just how deep Will's feelings for him go. That is what he's flattered and touched about. it's not the fact that Will was willing to give up the baby. it's realizing how deep in love with Sonny, Will really is.
No. Sonny seemed turned on. He cracked a smile and was close to fanning himself. After that, he was all set to give Will another chance. So, he thinks it's cool that Will gave up his child for him. What does that say about Sonny?
He was not "turned on." He thought it was touching that Will loved him that much that he was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice of giving up the rights to his own child. Of course, Will had other reasons too, but that is the one he chose to admit to Sonny

Will&Sonny

Will&Sonny
Feb 15 2013, 05:45 PM
There's also the fact that Sonny kissed Brian (not a big deal, but will he tell Will?) and the fact that Will believes that Sonny slept with Brian (a bigger deal, although it obviously hasn't changed Will's feelings about Sonny at all). Surely that will all come out at some point in the near future, which would give Sonny even more perspective on why Will suddenly returned the key to Sonny's apartment and suggested that it would be best for them to just be friends.
Quoting myself here, but something occurred to me earlier -- when Will and Sonny reunite, I wonder if Will will refrain from making love to Sonny for long enough to ask if Sonny and Brian used protection when they slept together. That would be a really natural, realistic way for Sonny to learn that Brian led Will to believe that he had slept with Sonny. It would also be a responsible thing for Will to ask Sonny, but I wonder if he'll be willing to potentially "ruin the mood" with such a question.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Next week can't get here soon enough for me!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
Brady & his Fancy Face

You're right @Will&Sonny. It IS responsible to ask about using condoms- & socially too. I'll applaud DAYS even more if they've incorporated it into the dialogue.

Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 18 2013, 09:17 AM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

It may be a responsible question and conversation; but I don't think it will be asked. For one, Sonny and Brian never had sex and it's not clear or certain that Will thinks the two of them did have sex. Second, they did not have such a conversation before they had sex the first time so a conversation about it now seems unlikely.

So while I think the conversation should occur, I don't think it will.

CPdays

Will&Sonny
Feb 18 2013, 07:45 AM
Will&Sonny
Feb 15 2013, 05:45 PM
There's also the fact that Sonny kissed Brian (not a big deal, but will he tell Will?) and the fact that Will believes that Sonny slept with Brian (a bigger deal, although it obviously hasn't changed Will's feelings about Sonny at all). Surely that will all come out at some point in the near future, which would give Sonny even more perspective on why Will suddenly returned the key to Sonny's apartment and suggested that it would be best for them to just be friends.
Quoting myself here, but something occurred to me earlier -- when Will and Sonny reunite, I wonder if Will will refrain from making love to Sonny for long enough to ask if Sonny and Brian used protection when they slept together. That would be a really natural, realistic way for Sonny to learn that Brian led Will to believe that he had slept with Sonny. It would also be a responsible thing for Will to ask Sonny, but I wonder if he'll be willing to potentially "ruin the mood" with such a question.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Next week can't get here soon enough for me!
Call me crazy but I honestly hope this doesn't happen. Every time Will assumes something with Brian involved these 2 have issues. Unless they both sit down and have a very involved, deep discussion where the gloves come off and everything is laid on the table, this could be trouble if brought up.

zanygrrl
Member Avatar

I don't even think Sonny will give Will the chance to ask about Brian. Knowing Sonny and how intuitive he is when it comes to Will, he'll probably bring it up himself. That will give them the opportunity to discuss it with a lot less awkwardness. Will has a tendency to bury his head in the sand when the slightest threat to happiness rears its head, which makes it really hard to have deep discussion. Luckily, Sonny's a talker and very pushy when he needs to be (in a good way).

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

zanygrrl
Feb 18 2013, 03:05 PM
I don't even think Sonny will give Will the chance to ask about Brian. Knowing Sonny and how intuitive he is when it comes to Will, he'll probably bring it up himself. That will give them the opportunity to discuss it with a lot less awkwardness. Will has a tendency to bury his head in the sand when the slightest threat to happiness rears its head, which makes it really hard to have deep discussion. Luckily, Sonny's a talker and very pushy when he needs to be (in a good way).
After everything they have been through, I hope we don't have to watch a misunderstanding between Will and Sonny about Brian. I hope zanygrrl is right and Sonny does not let a miscommunication get out of control and sits down finally with Will and they have a nice long chat.

michr544125

I highly doubt Will would bring up safe sex to Sonny when that would be hypocritical. The reason they are where the are right now is because Will didn't put a condom on. Now I wouldn't mind the two of them having a discussion on safe sex. But considering nobody else in Salem does why should Will and Sonny? It's too bad people on soaps don't have discussions about safe sex and talk about their sexual histories but I don't want Will and Sonny to be the example of that.
Edited by michr544125, Feb 18 2013, 07:02 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

michr544125
Feb 18 2013, 07:01 PM
It's too bad people on soaps don't have discussions about safe sex and talk about their sexual histories but I don't want Will and Sonny to be the example of that.
Considering their relationship is generally more healthy than many of the other couplings in Salem, it would be believable for them to have such a conversation. I still don't think it will happen, though, due to all of the reasons previously mentioned in this thread.

Will&Sonny

michr544125
Feb 18 2013, 07:01 PM
I highly doubt Will would bring up safe sex to Sonny when that would be hypocritical. The reason they are where the are right now is because Will didn't put a condom on.
It would only be hypocritical if Will judged Sonny for not using a condom (if it turned out that Sonny hadn't, and we know that won't happen, since he never slept with Brian in the first place). It wouldn't be hypocritical for Will to simply ask Sonny if he used a condom due to the possible STD concerns that would be associated with not using one -- especially if Will and Sonny were previously practicing unsafe sex due to being in a loving, monogamous relationship.

In other words, Will believes that Sonny was with another man during their time apart from each other, so before resuming a sexual relationship with Sonny, it would be wise for Sonny to get tested again -- for Will's protection as well as for his own. No judgment would be necessary. It's obvious that believing that Sonny slept with Brian hasn't made Will love Sonny any less -- knowing Will, he probably thinks that's exactly what he deserves for lying to Sonny in the first place. He wouldn't be asking to start an argument, he'd just be asking because it's the responsible thing to do.

Now, that being said, I do tend to agree that this hypothetical conversation probably won't occur -- when I originally suggested it, it was more of a "What if...?" scenario than anything else. I don't even necessarily want it to happen (because really, who wants to see Will put the brakes on making love to Sonny? :lol: ). I just think that, in terms of finding out that Brian led Will to believe that he and Sonny had slept together, a conversation about STDs would be one of the least-contrived ways for the writers to reveal that information to Sonny.

aveRex
Member Avatar

Will did a dis-service to himself by not keeping his dick in his pants around Gabi. Now he has to pay the terrible consequence of raising a spawn.

WillFan
Member Avatar

johnwalterseip
Feb 16 2013, 01:51 AM
I dunno and dont care but its confirmed that this begins the Sonny visiting Will at the hospital, its still Valentines Day. I think its the next day in Salemn when he reads the note/card/Letter they just didnt change clothes yet cause they were at the hospital all night
Anyone notice when the prisoner Vargas was looking at his calendar he had the days marked off all the way up until Feb.18th,I guess there goes the theory that Friday Feb.22nd spoiler about Wilson grow close over the baby crisis is still Valentine’s Day.He also had Friday March 15th circle as the day he gets out of prison.

charmed_67

WillFan
Feb 19 2013, 12:20 AM
johnwalterseip
Feb 16 2013, 01:51 AM
I dunno and dont care but its confirmed that this begins the Sonny visiting Will at the hospital, its still Valentines Day. I think its the next day in Salemn when he reads the note/card/Letter they just didnt change clothes yet cause they were at the hospital all night
Anyone notice when the prisoner Vargas was looking at his calendar he had the days marked off all the way up until Feb.18th,I guess there goes the theory that Friday Feb.22nd spoiler about Wilson grow close over the baby crisis is still Valentine’s Day.He also had Friday March 15th circle as the day he gets out of prison.
They've got something wrong somewhere, because in the preview for Gabi's pains 18/02/13 their all wearing the same clothes they had on for Valentine's day and that happens on thursday, also the picture of Sonny with Will's letter he's wearing the same clothes and that's the day of hospital visit which is Friday. So as they say soap time is strange.

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

It is still Vday just bad continuity with Vargas scenes

Will&Sonny

It was a flash-forward.

am103
Member Avatar

How many weeks in a row have Will and Sonny gotten an article in SOD? I love it! Good to see them being written just like an actual couple. This is the best younger story that Days has done in a very long time. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Also, is the guy's name really Vargas, or is that his last name? I've never heard that name before in my life, lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply